Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? (23833 Views)

What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? / What Have You Learned From The Recent Layoffs? / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Kingpele(m): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2020
Qbasic

3 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by GreaterFuture1(m): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2020
C++
Good for Beginners
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by miketayo(m): 11:59am On Aug 12, 2020
C language.
According to my university syllabus, no choice. Glad though
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by clockwisereport: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2020
C

for ECE271 and ECE281
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by glaber: 11:59am On Aug 12, 2020
java
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by lekbel09(m): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
This is getting boring, honestly many people are now programmers or have some relevant IT skills and very soon this skill will be like pure water . angry grin grin.

Much like how MS WORD , MS Excel were all hot cake between 2000-2009.
Although not anymore now it's become a redundant skill to have

14 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Omotaday(m): 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
Php for web development but I am forgetting few things I learnt already because I have not been practicing for months now.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by JahBwoy: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
Powershell
Because I work in Automation and Configuration

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
+3 BASIC
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by miketayo(m): 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
Mordecai:
dBase.

Of all languages.

Funny, but true.

grin

Is that even a language grin.

Or u mean SQL or Oracle

4 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by ElvisPresley(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
Javascript and Python

Javascript is the only programming language that gives python a run for it's money.. Most programmers don't see javascript as a very good language but why I find javascript so impressive is cos it is the language of web browsers so demand for it will remain high for the foreseeable future!

Python on the other hand is the fastest growing programming language in the world....It is very flexible .

7 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by CodeBlooded: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2020
I learnt Java first with Dietel how to program(Java). I wanted to start creating android app so badly. Years later I'm Glad I started else how am I suppose to get means livelihood right now

8 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by zebra(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2020
QBasic. It was a compulsory course in my department (Mathematics) in school then (mid 1990's).

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Lalami3232(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
Java, and it really helped me alot. Due to it's difficulty, when I got into python and JavaScript, it was like garri and soup to me. God bless java!!! If u want to learn programming, inbox me for a small fee.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by motionarena: 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
lekbel09:
This is getting boring, honestly many people are now programmers or have some relevant IT skills and very soon this skill will be like pure water . angry grin grin.

not all tons of them are fake

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by chinchonglee(m): 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
Python django, Microsoft SQL (very interesting) ..

I dropped python because i learnt web design but u see my SQL knowledge, its unmatched
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by motionarena: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
Omotaday:
Php for web development but I am forgetting few things I learnt already because I have not been practicing it for months now.
am in the same shoe with you bro
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Karleb(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
lekbel09:

Not true.

14 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by hijacke(m): 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
Php , cos I needed to build some web applications from scratch
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
BRASH:
Html, and CSS. Still learning JavaScript

Alaye, they said first... No need for story na! grin

@Topic

HTML cool

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Opperwezen(m): 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
Arduino programming using c++, the library is mind boggling!

4 Likes

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by AntiWailer: 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
Pascal
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by AntiWailer: 12:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
lekbel09:

Na ice water no be pure water grin
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by BlackDuke(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Started with COBOL and gwBASIC, those were years ago.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Kennyking1234: 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Python during my ss2 days. Still learning though.

..if you want to learn programming, I have resources to give for free. Quote me.

EDIT(1):
wow! i got more quotes than expected. Rather than attending individually let me place the resources here.
NOTE; YOU MUST BE ON TELEGRAM!
FOR THOSE WILLING TO LEARN PYTHON SEARCH AND JOIN THIS CHANNEL @pythonlbooks YOU WOULD BE OVERWHELMED WITH HUNDREDS OF BOOKS, SIMPLY SEARCH FOR THIS BOOK IN PARTICULAR " Python Crash Course" ITS A GOOD START.

EDIT(2)
ANOTHER GOOD CHANNEL IS @javaebooks . IT HAS BOOKS ON DIFFERENT PROGRAMING LANGUAGES. FROM PYTHON TO C ETC...

EDIT(3)
FULL COURSE ON PYTHON...
Google Drive Link: [DesireCourse.Net] Udemy - Complete Python Developer in 2020 Zero to Mastery https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iKNamoVgD8rgRbc8z34VQpF6Uyed2z8X (15.01GB) #REQUEST ACCESS AND TRY LATER.
FOR THOSE THAT DONT HAVE DATA TO DOWNLOAD AT ONCE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IN SMALLER CHUNCKS

EDIT(3) 4 HOURS VIDEO ON BEGINNING PYTHON(FREECODE CAMP).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfscVS0vtbw

PLEASE ASK IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION

PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE TO OTHERS... #ALTRUISM

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by lekbel09(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Karleb:

Not true.
Quote me in 2030. We'll see bro God's willing

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by mattfeuter(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
C ++

Undergrad days
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Galactico4ever(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Traviscottt:
Yoruba..tho I'm still learning the language.
LMFAO! grin

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Tolutheo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Python

Why: Ask Lalasticlala
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Kennyking1234: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
lekbel09:

no its getting started...
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by nairatag: 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
JavaScript.

You can also learn the basic steps to be a front-end developer

https://www.nairatag.com/programming/front-end-development/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? / My New Excel Dashboard / Difference Between Visual Basic And Visual Basic .NET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.