Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? - Programming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? (23908 Views)

What Was The Very First Programming Language You Learnt? / What Have You Learned From The Recent Layoffs? / Is It Advisable To Learn Java As My First Programming Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by GeoAfrikana(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
CountDracula:

I personally believe JavaScript and python are the languages of the future...
I believe so too. They're versatile and unlike Java and C languages, they're not verbose.

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by omoluabiguy: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2020
I started with Java and ended up being a king of fullstack C# .Net technology

Subscribe to my YouTube channel for programming tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Dollypizzle13(f): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
Not learnt any yet since html and css do not count as programming languages
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by logicDcoder(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
SegFault:

Because it was the first a book I bought advised me to learn then I one day asked myself "how are compilers made?" went beating around the bush with a little theory I could not even understand, wrote a little rubbish with C#, but the problem was that I wanted to learn graphics programming and C# was slow and not good enough for that so I had to learn C++ the dreaded ugly language, then I heard of a language faster and "harder" (a lie obviously) and I came to know C and love it.
Wow C language is actually my first PL
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
logicDcoder:

Wow C language is actually my first PL
Do you like it?
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by logicDcoder(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
timmy110:
None! I wanna start now!!! Any help?
I will advice you to learn C|C++ | Java as your first language but I strongly recommend C++ because it has all the features of C and also an OOP. It’s also the best PL for competitve programming which will help you tackle technical interview questions.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by LoyalRccgMember: 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
obidaddy:

Sir, i want to learn Html and python. Any free windows and android app you recommend for easy learning? Thanks.

For android, download sololearn and for windows, there's none. Except I'll point out tutorial sites for you. Msg me if you're surely!!! Interested. 0-8-1-6-5-2*2-*9*3+9*6
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by logicDcoder(m): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
SegFault:

Do you like it?
Yah. After learning C, learning other PL will be a piece of cake.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by PrinceCEE(m): 5:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
ElvisPresley:
Javascript and Python

Javascript is the only programming language that gives python a run for it's money.. Most programmers don't see javascript as a very good language but why I find javascript so impressive is cos it is the language of web browsers so demand for it will remain high for the foreseeable future!
The disadvantage is it can only be used in Web development.

Python on the other hand is the fastest growing programming language in the world....It is very flexible .The only disadvantage I see in Python is you can't use it for front-end web development or front-end app development..

Lols... People will just write what they don't know.

So you know, JavaScript is being used outside the scope of web development, and you can use Python to write front-end apps.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by NACE13: 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Visual Basic 6.0 grin I had to dump it because I was doing it because others were doing it but something about the web world always piqued me.
I remember asking myself various question while registering for JAMB exam online.

It is funny as you are learning one, another one come around to edge that one you are learning. I've come to realise that if you no passion for programming, you'd be left behind.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Christian07(m): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
Java 12.0
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
XXII:

What's your course of study?
EEE
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by XXII: 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
Jobia:
EEE

And you learnt C?
Wow.. I guess you did embedded system programming. The EEE in my school do not learn programming..
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by TheManOfTheYear: 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
bukxy:

why pls?
Why what exactly?
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by calculator123(m): 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyking1234:
Python during my ss2 days. Still learning though.

..if you want to learn programming, I have resources to give for free. Quote me.

Abeg I dey Interested
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Ugaboy: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
I'm actually doing all programming now...that why I want to help others that are interested
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
XXII:

And you learnt C?
Wow.. I guess you did embedded system programming. The EEE in my school do not learn programming..
Yea we did, fortunately.

As for embedded systems, we didn't go too deep into it, except for those that chose related electives.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by olukunle50: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
We are in a digital world, the way you register your jamb and waec is now different compared to b4, programming is the profession of the future, so people comparing MS word and programming languages dont know what they are saying, try and watch foreign TV stations and you will know that we still have a long way to go in dis country ... programming can never be pure water, its actually meant for strong minds,

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by obinnazy(m): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
calculator123:

Abeg I dey Interested

Am a beginner, can you mentor me?
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by XXII: 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Jobia:
Yea we did, fortunately.

As for embedded systems, we didn't go too deep into it, except for those that chose related electives.

Nice!
So are you very familiar with the C language, say advanced or intermediate level?
I heard it's very different to learn.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
XXII:

Nice!
So are you very familiar with the C language, say advanced or intermediate level?
I heard it's very different to learn.
Dumped it right after the sem. Went more into python.

Different how? C syntax is kinda similar to Java in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Onyenna(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
Charlexy04:

I'll need a help too bro I'm in Owerri also, MCC Uratta. God bless.

I reside at Uratta too.... St. Francis...
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by rajiayo(m): 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2020

..if you want to learn programming, I have resources to give for free.

Please, I would be so grateful if I can get these resources. I am about to delve into the world of programming. Email is rajisedima@gmail.com.

Thank you.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by rajiayo(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
Please, I would be so grateful if I can get these resources. I am about to delve into the world of programming. Email is rajisedima@gmail.com.

Thank you.
Kennyking1234:

..if you want to learn programming, I have resources to give for free. Quote me.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by IMAliyu(m): 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2020
barragan:

How much of java do you already know?
Beginner level.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by InfinityFabric: 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
SegFault:

Because it was the first a book I bought advised me to learn then I one day asked myself "how are compilers made?" went beating around the bush with a little theory I could not even understand, wrote a little rubbish with C#, but the problem was that I wanted to learn graphics programming and C# was slow and not good enough for that so I had to learn C++ the dreaded ugly language, then I heard of a language faster and "harder" (a lie obviously) and I came to know C and love it.
C is worse, dreaded than C++ tho. C and love is like Boko Haram and peace.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by calculator123(m): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
obinnazy:

Am a beginner, can you mentor me?

All of us gather dey o
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Moneywirer: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Kennyking1234:

My php is somewhat rusty but I think I could use some help
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by Kennyking1234: 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
smartkester:
I want to learn Python, please help me with the resources, if it's not free just don't bother
it is brother. I am busy write now. Message me on telegram @kennyking1234
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by kennyjam: 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
wale377:
Python.... very easy to learn

I started it but got frustrated together with no time . What advice could you offer me that would probably get me on my feet.
Thanks.
Re: What Was The First Programming Language You Learned And Why? by DonroxyII: 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2020
soleexx:
Nobody is talking about cyber security
Guys are boiling hard with CybSecurity
And its really easy to learn for both m/f
what does m/f mean ? money and fraud ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My New Excel Dashboard / Difference Between Visual Basic And Visual Basic .NET / Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.