Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,540 members, 7,865,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:31 PM

How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation (35792 Views)

History : Iduu-eri Kingdom Of The Ancient Igbo People-pics / Ikeja Royal Families Unveil Tajudeen Muritala As New Monarch / Ancient igbo pyramids have been rediscovered (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
TAO11:
You’re obviously a miseducated rookie. Read and be educated:

(1) The idea that Ekaladerhan (Ogiso Owodo’s last sob) is one and the same person as Oduduwa was first made-up out of inferiority complex by the Edos in the 1970s.

The Edo guys involved in this fabrication are:
(a) S.B. Omoregie in "Edo History", 1970 (b) E. Akenzua in “Benin was never a Republic", 1971 (c) D.U. Edebiri in "Whence the Igodomidos", 1970, and (d) A. Iyare in "Bini, Ife Dynasties", 1973.

As is to be expected in their amateurish works, they could not name a single source or informant for their totally strange account.

To make it all worse, during his coronation of 1978-9, the incoming Omo N'Oba N'Edo (Oba Erediauwa) announced this unsubstantiated fabrication for the first time to the Edo public. He also did that out of a mix inferiority as well as political/legal necessity against the Ogiamen lawsuit.

(2) However, this fabrication of attempting to equate Ekaladerhan as one and the same person as Oduduwa has been debunked and trashed (in academia) as a hoax, that is -- an interesting nonsense.

For example, D. M. Bondarenko who is the world's leading authority on precolonial Benin History today has the following to say on pages 67-68 of his "Advent of the Second (Oba) Dynasty" in relation to this fabricated account:

"Finally, there are the apocryphal versions of Benin oral tradition [wherein] Ekaladerhan ... later ... left Gwato for Ife. ... and became her first ruler under the name of Oduduwa.

However, a student of ancient Benin might feel obliged to reject the apocryphal versions without hesitation as deliberately unauthentic.

There are no their records made before the early 1970s* , while among common people the story of Ekaladerhan that ends with the Prince's banishing from Benin and subsequent dethronement of his father, the last Ogiso Owodo, is known (and was recorded hundred years ago)*. There is no doubt that the apocryphal versions are not ancient and are not popular. Their authors are representatives of the nationalistically-minded part of the Bini intelligentsia who are seeking to ground the idea of an exceptional antiquity for their people and claims for its exclusive part in the sociopolitical life of independent Nigeria*. Behind such pseudohistorical studies by intellectuals, as if harmless, one can make out serious problems of the country, interests of political clans based on their members' ethnic community*."

(3) On the contrary to the above obvious 1970s fabrication on Ekaladerhan, Bini traditions has long been recorded by Europeaans to the effect that the Oba dynasty of Benin originated from Ife.

For example, H. Ling Roth (1903) quoted Captain Roupell’s Officials 1897 account gathered from Benin that the first king of Benin was a Yoruba man from Ife.

Another example is of Oba Eweka(II) who in the 1920s informed an European visitor, H.L. Ward-Price that his Lgreat-lord (Oghene) lives in Ife.

He added that he must pray to this "Oghene" every morning (at the illumination of the first sun rays at dawn), before he prays to the Alaafin, before he then prays for himself, and then for all Yoruba kings.

See: H.L. Ward-Price, Dark Subjects (London, 1939), p.238.

(4) A final example will be on the tradition of sending certain remains of deceased Benin Kings (their heads to be precise) back to Ife for burial at a designated site for the purpose.

(a) The Bini traditional Chief J. Uwadiae Egharevba (who is the first indigenous Edo to document Bini traditions from the 1930s) documented this custom too. He writes:

"The head of the royal corpse was subsequently exhumed and taken to the royal ancestral grave at Ile-Ife; but this was done in every third reign."

J.U. Egharevba, Benin Law and Custom, (CMS Niger Press, Port Harcourt, 1946), p.72.

(b) Dr. R.E. Bradbury (who devoted years to intensive anthropological field work on Benin and the Edo-speaking peoples, and who is the outstanding authority on the subject) is also said to have documented similar customs while among the Binis.

A.F.C. Ryder notes on footnote 10 of his "A Reconsideration of the Ife and Benin Relationship" as follows:

"In a personal communication, Dr R.E. Bradbury points out that 'the Edo speak of the messengers who carried the Oba's remains to Ife taking about three years over the journey."

(c) Frank Willett is also noted to have said that the last ocassion of the practice of sending the exhumed heads of Benin Kings to Ife was in the year 1888.

D.M. Bondarenko makes a note of this statement in his "Advent of the Second (Oba) Dynasty" as follows:

"These sources point at the Benin Oba's succession from the Ooni of Ife expressed in ritual forms. Particularly, "as a recognition of this fact deceased rulers' heads were sent to Ife for burial at Orun-Oba-Ado site ... last time this happened in 1888. In its turn, a bronze depiction of the head was usually sent back from Ife to Benin" (Willett 1982:22)."

cc: LegendHero, MinorityOpinion, BabaRamota1980

Nice work sir, pls read the last coronation of Benin King, where is the link to Nri?

Pls Read it and see how Yoruba tradition is part of it. Igbo only hope of relevance in history is the Nri jargons so they hold on to it like their last breath. I have told him " do not quote me without evidence"

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Why do you yanminri like fables? Why?

The ugliest specie in Nigeria remains Ibo. Whiteman engineered your mind to believe your yellow skin is fine. Now you go around saying you are fine. Images after images have proven you are the ugliest in Nigeria.

Which ethnuc group do you see women having moustache and beards and hairy nippl3s?
I'm serious yeroba interbred with Apes, I'm not making this up.......ask your elders

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by BabaRamota1980: 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Yerobas are born loosers grin Lost battles to women in Dahomey and went ahead to loose a city state of Ilorin to a band of few Fulani horsemen, Your shame is shaming me, Tueh!!
I guess you have accepted defeat on the yeye Nri masquerade. Now its to go off and attach to others. Is Dahomey yanminri? Is Fulani yanminri? No.

This thread is Yoruba and Yanminri. When Dahomey and Fulani turn come to face Yoruba we will do it. grin

Come back to the Nri shyyte. Leave Dahomey and Fulani, stop attaching.

1 Like

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Nice work sir, pls ready the last coronation of Benin King, where is the link to Nri?

Pls Read it and see how Yoruba tradition is part of it. Igbo only hope of relevance in history is the Nri jargons so they hold on to it like their last breath. I have told him " do not quote me without evidence"
Ok sir , this evidence below shows the east of Bini where Ogane comes from

4 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by BabaRamota1980: 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hellraiser77:
I'm serious yeroba interbred with Apes, I'm not making this up.......ask your elders

Ask ke? No need to ask. There are pictures to prove it.

Help me read the writing on that picture. grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

I guess you have accepted defeat on the yeye Nri masquerade. Now its to go off and attach to others. Is Dahomey yanminri? Is Fulani yanminri? No.

This thread is Yoruba and Yanminri. When Dahomey and Fulani turn come to face Yoruba we will do it. grin

The Dahomey women story is not true because I read it, tell him to prove it. The guy is a liar! Saying all those things is their getaway card.
Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by BabaRamota1980: 11:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
All the way from Smithsonian. Two yanminri boys in 1906 posing with their Nri.

Here is another shot.

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 11:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

This is how the Priest kings of NRI were buried, Seated on their stool of authority in full glory, show us how your inferior Ooni is buried

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 11:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Ask ke? No need to ask. There are pictures to prove it.

Help me read the writing on that picture. grin
These kids probably had more balls than your Oyo p***ssy soldiers that lost to women in Dahomey grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by BabaRamota1980: 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

The Dahomey women story is not true because the read it, tell him to prove it. The guy is a liar! Saying all those things is their getaway card.

Dahomey would have documented it for osychological warfare if indeed that were true. Its absent in their war records because it never happened. But to yanminri, hundreds of miles away, thats what happened. Ibo and forgery is 5 & 6.

They love shortcut. Nri is their shortcut to prominence.

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

The Dahomey women story is not true because the read it, tell him to prove it. The guy is a liar! Saying all those things is their getaway card.
You won't even research to clear you ignorance, Lazy yoot......Go and read up Dahomey Amazons and how they messed Oyo army up grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by BabaRamota1980: 11:53pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hellraiser77:
These kids probably had more balls than your Oyo p***ssy soldiers that lost to women in Dahomey grin grin

Talk about Nri. Do what the thread tell you to do. Promote Nri. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Dahomey would have documented it for osychological warfare if indeed that were true. Its absent in their war records because it never happened. But to yanminri, hundreds of miles away, thats what happened. Ibo and forgery is 5 & 6.

They love shortcut. Nri is their shortcut to prominence.
It's a well documented battle grin Stop lying...... Dahomey women were fearless but Oyo p****sy soldiers ran away screaming "Aye mi o" undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by BabaRamota1980: 11:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hellraiser77:
This is how the Priest kings of NRI were buried, Seated on their stool of authority in full glory, show us how your inferior Ooni is buried
Leave Cameroon kings alone.

Focus on your own. Thats a cameroon chief.

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 11:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Talk about Nri. Do what the thread tell you to do. Promote Nri. grin
Nri is too ancient and complicated for your understanding, You are a simpleton

1 Like

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Not everybody is a fraud like you grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 11:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

Do know what the white mark around his eyes is?.... simpleton I know you dont ......ask me to teach you JuJu techniques and history

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by BabaRamota1980: 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Not everybody is a fraud like you grin

Yoruba has never been known to be fraudulent. The same cannot be said of omoibo. Your notoriety for crime and shortcut is known around the globe.

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by TAO11(f): 12:00am On Aug 15, 2020
Hellraiser77:
[s]Your Job is a bust, you turned East to West by lying about sunrise and sunset, The sun rises in the east and sets in the West, but you ignoramus want to convince me other wise[/s]
I feel your pain.
Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 12:01am On Aug 15, 2020
[s]
TAO11:
I feel your pain.
[/s] Cry me an ocean, TAO the fraud grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 15, 2020
Hellraiser77:
You won't even research to clear you ignorance, Lazy yoot......Go and read up Dahomey Amazons and how they messed Oyo army up grin

I said I won't reply you without you bringing evidence but consider this bonus

1 Like

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by BabaRamota1980: 12:02am On Aug 15, 2020
You have tried to promote yourself as fine but I used that monkey to shut your mouth. Ibo remains the ugliest in Nigeria.

You have tried to use Dahoney and I also shut your mouth. The record of Amazon fighting Yoruba is not in history.

You have tried to use Fulani and Ilorin and I shut your mouth. Ilorin is lost and we are ok with it.

When are you going to focus on Nri and stay focused on it.

Im ready to spend the entire night with you to talk about the yeye non existing fable you call Nri.

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 12:06am On Aug 15, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

I said I won't reply you without you bringing evidence but consider this bonus
As usual you cropped out the part that tell how the OYO were routed by Dahomey girl fighters grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 15, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Ok sir , this evidence below shows the east of Bini where Ogane comes from

A map is not enough evidence, if Nri was that important, the tradition should be present with Benin Kings till now, but guess whose tradition they use in Benin, Ife! Prove it wrong, watch the last coronation of Benin king. wink
Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by BabaRamota1980: 12:08am On Aug 15, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Nri is too ancient and complicated for your understanding, You are a simpleton

Is it too ancient for your neighboring people as well? grin

Nri - a figure that exist in the mind of yanminri and believed to be his progenitor. Outside iboland, nowhere is this figure known or accepted as a historical figure.

2 Likes

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 15, 2020
Hellraiser77:
As usual you cropped out the part that tell how the OYO were routed by Dahomey girl fighters grin
bring out the evidence!
Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by TAO11(f): 12:09am On Aug 15, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Cry me an ocean, TAO the fraud grin
I would feel terrible as well if I was Igbo.

1 Like

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 12:10am On Aug 15, 2020
BabaRamota1980:
You have tried to promote yourself as fine but I used that monkey to shut your mouth. Ibo remains the ugliest in Nigeria.

You have tried to use Dahoney and I also shut your mouth. The record of Amazon fighting Yoruba is not in history.

You have tried to use Fulani and Ilorin and I shut your mouth. Ilorin is lost and we are ok with it.

When are you going to focus on Nri and stay focused on it.

Im ready to spend the entire night with you to talk about the yeye non existing fable you call Nri.
I Don suffer all of you this night grin.......Now that I ve used you to cure sleep....I'm going back to work

1 Like

Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 15, 2020
Don't quote me again Pls. Igbo history add nothing to my life.
Re: How To Unveil And Promote Ancient Igbo Civilisation by Hellraiser77: 12:11am On Aug 15, 2020
[s]
TAO11:
I would feel terrible as well if I was Igbo.
[/s] I would kill myself if I were yeroba

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (58) (Reply)

The Future Of African Traditional Religion. / What You Need To Know About Kola, Bitter Kola And Aligator Peppe. / Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.