Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,463 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test (32642 Views)

NDA Matriculates 441 Cadets For 75th Regular Course / What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? / See What These Two IMSU First Class Graduates Received At Their Induction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by femi4: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
mamaafrik:
First class in a Nigerian university do not represent intelligence........,you will have first class if you can cram and pour
In fact, that's what most of them do.
Application of knowledge is zero
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by VectorVee68(m): 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
CheedyJ:

No be only edge na triple H

cheesy cheesy wink cheesy grin grin grin angry calm down, no be figgt
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by samuelpeters(m): 5:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
Squillaci:

Lol, memory is different from intelligence. There are lot retards with exceptional memory, and geniuses with terrible or average memory.
The two are mutually exclusive.
A dunce/dum dum cannot graduate with a first Class.
They may not be Einstein, but they are intelligent.
Don't trivialize First class.

1 Like

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by wingmanIII: 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Mires:
Which turnaround? It only shows the extent our country has retrogress such that First Class graduates are now seeking to be secondary school teachers

That's if some of them won't be sent to primary school all in the name of earning salary monthly..

First Class those good old days in Nigeria were absorbed as GAs.

Are you serious? First class graduates are supposed to be academicians and are best suited to teach. What we should advocate is a good pay package for them. In Japan,teachers had the best pay that made the country to rise to one of the most technologically advanced.
Only banana republics like Nigeria treat teachers anyhow. No country can grow without quality teachers.
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
samuelpeters:

A dunce/dum dum cannot graduate with a first Class.
They may not be Einstein, but they are intelligent.
Don't trivialize First class.

First, all or most undergraduates are intelligent(above average intelligence). The only dunces are those that got in through cheating.
So by intelligent here we mean highly intelligent. So yes an averagely intelligent student can bag first class.
A first class student need not be intelligent(highly intelligent).

2 Likes

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by ehinmowo: 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The only reason I can advise a student to aim the first class hon in any Nigerian university is for him/her to win scholarship and grant for his PG program abroad.

First class is becoming so worthless in Nigeria.

The best thing as a Nigerian student is to engage in extracurricular activities or training outside one’s academics if one isn’t in a health related discipline.
Extracurricular activity/training like programming, handwork, photography, data analysis et al.

I am very sure you don't have any of those skills listed there. You could have all these skills and not have a job. I am a data scientist and a web developer. So i knw what I am saying. NIgeria is in abyss. The current administration of Buhari has driven the country into mud.

1 Like

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Malik1338(m): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
goso39:
95% of those candidates are from private universities.... empty heads
Really

2 Likes

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Mires: 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
wingmanIII:

Are you serious? First class graduates are supposed to be academicians and are best suited to teach. What we should advocate is a good pay package for them. In Japan,teachers had the best pay that made the country to rise to one of the most technologically advanced.
Only banana republics like Nigeria treat teachers anyhow. No country can grow without quality teachers.

It seems you don't know the meaning of GA. That's where First Class graduates truly deserved. There's nothing like "good pay package" as condition of service. What is good to Mr. A could be bad to Mr. B. The word, good is subjective. Let's not go into normative economics.

Having said that, First Class graduates deserve where they could sharpened their skills and perform optimally, and not secondary schools or primary schools. I am speaking from experience. I have gone through that path. At a point, I was angry with myself daily. Not necessary because of the pay given that my monthly take home was higher than what was obtainable in Nigerian universities. But because my knowledge and skills were underutilized even for Cambridge A Level curriculum that I was asked to anchor. It got to a point I was seriously searching for a university that will employ me to work for a year without pay. Unfortunately, what came my way then was pay N1m to be employed as AL. I told myself, God forbid.

1 Like

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by samuelpeters(m): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
Squillaci:

First, all or most undergraduates are intelligent(above average intelligence). The only dunces are those that got in through cheating.
So by intelligent here we mean highly intelligent. So yes an averagely intelligent student can bag first class.
A first class student need not be intelligent(highly intelligent).
I agree with your Last statement.
Depending on Memory alone wouldn't do much.
We are good.
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Belurved1(m): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2020
(1) 1st class graduates in what discipline?
(2) Can they teach?
(3) Do they have passion for teaching?
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Babastrong(m): 7:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
Do not give them automatic ticket. Let use this CBT to measure the difference in men.
THIRD CLASS of one university is equivalent to FIRST CLASS of other university.

1 Like

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by toprealman: 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The only reason I can advise a student to aim the first class hon in any Nigerian university is for him/her to win scholarship and grant for his PG program abroad.

First class is becoming so worthless in Nigeria.

The best thing as a Nigerian student is to engage in extracurricular activities or training outside one’s academics if one isn’t in a health related discipline.
Extracurricular activity/training like programming, handwork, photography, data analysis et al.
Regardless of your field, a side hustle is never a bad idea.
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Investnow2017: 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Drthobbie:
It's good to have good brains as teachers; however, I strongly believe most of the first class graduates won't stay long on the job because compensation is very unattractive...they will leave as soon as they secure juicer appointments.
The more reason they are recruiting them because with our dead economy they know that going forward they will have no where else to go. The situation is dismal.
Someone said earlier that doctors are well paid. In which country. My family doctor earns N65,000 per month. Is this one well paid?

2 Likes

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Investnow2017: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
breezeng:
They won't stay long in the teaching service. They will only use it as stepping stone and start looking for better offers. Second Class downwards will make teaching a career job.
Before applying they have been looking for that better offer and it never came. Remember age is not on their side cheesy
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Investnow2017: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2020
paul100:

I swear,the way people talk about cramming is annoying.If it is very easy,let everybody use it to get first class na.At least even if it doesn't really help in Naija,it will help you when it comes to getting scholarship abroad.
If you check well,you will notice that people that call cramming an easy stuff,most times end up coming out with second class lower.
Dont mind them. As bad as Nigeria education may be, to make a first class grade is not a child's play. It takes intensive cognitive exercise to cram and pour if you think that is only what is involved. Sorry it goes beyond that. You must be organized from your first semester as a new student. And your performance must be CUMULATIVELY above par from the onset. All those wagging tongues that you can bribe your are just wagging tongue. You must be intellectually coolheaded to earn it.

2 Likes

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Smooyis(m): 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
Job security is what they are looking for. It's more important at this time shocked shocked shocked
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Vonoforeal(m): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
Wat a pity on those undergraduates who thinks after they graduate, good job is waiting for them. And I'm so much sorry for those still anticipating to be a graduate thinking that's what will make them succeed. School certificate only makes you look for job (underpaid) and helps put food on your table and cloth on your neck. Meanwhile, brain certificate makes you create jobs and you rule your world.

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by VTJN(m): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
jUeLiZ:
kinda true sha
No be only kinda true na konda lie u go see.
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by VTJN(m): 9:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
femi4:
In fact, that's what most of them do. Application of knowledge is zero
You are a bloody lier. 1st class are extra ordinary
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by fwzolamide1(m): 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2020
First class is worthless in Nigeria. tescom should employ this 441 first class graduate, before attempting the test.
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by TruthinAction: 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
If we have this number of jobless first class students, then the unemployment rate is really very bad. Years back, you will get job offers even before you graduate if you are a first class student. I think we need to vote out this set of polithiefians.

1 Like

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by peterolayinka(m): 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
Possible TESCOM Math Questions https://quizboot.com/quiz/v8fgOt7cRB
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Dminister(m): 6:51am On Aug 13, 2020
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Dminister(m): 6:52am On Aug 13, 2020
The best

4gunners:
I can't agree more. Any graduate should learn a digital skill or have a top notch connection.
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Dminister(m): 6:52am On Aug 13, 2020
obonujoker:

Lol... Many of us don throway our Msc certificate for now when hunger wan wire our brain, and enter street grin

Na only you? Who certs help for we country?

1 Like

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Daniel7543: 7:21am On Aug 13, 2020
Why is everyone surprised. Nigeria is a country where:
1. First class graduates end up as teachers/Lecturers.
2. Second class upper/Lower graduates end up working in good company, Firms. e.t.c.
3. Third class/Pass graduates end up as CEO and owners of companies, Banks, Businesses e.t.c.
4. While the school dropout end up as politicians. And every classes queue under the sun to vote for them.

God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless Nairaland.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by Elmuktari(m): 7:42am On Aug 13, 2020
Having first classers in a field does not guarantee huge out put, watch many of them flopping with teaching you guys thought is common.
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by obonujoker(m): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2020
goso39:
95% of those candidates are from private universities.... empty heads

You are really the dull one
Re: 441 First Class Graduates Take Oyo Teaching Service Test by obonujoker(m): 8:01am On Aug 13, 2020
Babastrong:
Do not give them automatic ticket. Let use this CBT to measure the difference in men.
THIRD CLASS of one university is equivalent to FIRST CLASS of other university.

Lies. A first class is a first class

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Lady's Emotional Reaction After Passing Her Nursing Exam / 6 Annoying Daily Hustles of a University student / Missing UNILORIN Mass Communication Student Found (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.