Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale (6801 Views)

No Justice In Nigeria - Arrested Cultists Set Free?! / The Bola Ige Murder --Police Admit No Justice -- Wikileaks Revelations! / Selective Justice Is As Bad As No Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2011
@Babasoty, I dont accept that to be the case. The start of my post had absoluetly nothing to do with Goodluck. It was quickly ceased upon by the like of Wesley80 and Ma_J_Blige, preempting that this was about thier oga, and in the process not seeing the real story. Why did they not contribute anything of note in regards to the injustice metted out to this guy. They have simply formed the opinion that any negative news is a direct inference to Goddy, they should please grow out of this childish behaviour

@monkeyleg--- I don't justify the actions of the police in this matter, but to be very frank your headline is too wrong, it creates a negative impression of the happenings in the country, yes there have been cases of police brutality, illegal arrest and detentions, but also we have cases too where those who carried out this act have been arrested and tried eg http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/28031.html, this was on the papers today, we also remember the case of miss uzoma, times are changing, we are gradually coming out of those dark ages of police brutality even though we all know its not yet uhuru, the right way to go about this is taking up the case of this man through write-ups, thank God we have facebook and twitter that can help spreading this news, not making it look like Nigeria's justice system is dead as the dodo, your effort by bringing this up is applauded but your caption i must say connotes a negative impression about our country,
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by monkeyleg: 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2011
babasoty:

@monkeyleg--- I don't justify the actions of the police in this matter, but to be very frank your headline is too wrong, it creates a negative impression of the happenings in the country, yes there have been cases of police brutality, illegal arrest and detentions, but also we have cases too where those who carried out this act have been arrested and tried eg http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/28031.html, this was on the papers today, we also remember the case of miss uzoma, times are changing, we are gradually coming out of those dark ages of police brutality even though we all know its not yet uhuru, the right way to go about this is taking up the case of this man through write-ups, thank God we have facebook and twitter that can help spreading this news, not making it look like Nigeria's justice system is dead as the dodo, your effort by bringing this up is applauded but your caption i must say connotes a negative impression about our country,

My Brother, I take your point, but we must recognise that the justice I refer to here, is that this guy is unlikely to be able to seek redress. If this was not raised, it would likely have been swept under the carpert. where is the justice in that?
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by LoveKing(m): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2011
I hate this Ekiti Drag Betch, I HATE YOU Mumu J blige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by eherbal(m): 4:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
Em-my:

Its true that the Nigeria Police Force we planted to protect us is now the one harvesting us,

Its also true that Innocent people are arested when some issue of crime arise,
But, tell me where & which time do they find these inncent people to arrest??

Robber invaded the town and you xpect the police not to arrest the people they see on the road??
from the story of this man,
he is a criminal, [although he might not be among those that killed the person in question] even after entering the theatre he refused to recopy a document,
what a hard man
Imagine if you were among the police that arested this man, would you have said he is not guilty from his actions?
._.CONCLUSIVELY._.
our actions contribute  about 30% of why the police arrest us for a crime we are not guilty of.
RETARDID BASTARED!THE MAN'S DILEMA WILL BE REPLAYED IN YOUR LIFE AND YOU WON'T BE VINDICATED.
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by yesboss20(m): 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2011
Well, this has been a known fact over the years. We should complain no more 'cos nada is being done about it!
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by Emmy3(m): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
e-herbal:

RETARDID BASTARED!THE MAN'S DILEMA WILL BE REPLAYED IN YOUR LIFE AND YOU WON'T BE VINDICATED.

no lol its you dat robbers will kill and nothing will be done about it._.
For me I will alway be reading when its night, the police will not even see me to suspect let alone obstructing justice/refusing arrest OR to recopy a document.
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2011
Em-my:

no lol its you dat robbers will kill and nothing will be done about it._.
For me I will alway be reading when its night, the police will not even see me to suspect let alone obstructing justice/refusing arrest OR to recopy a document.

the kindest thing once can say is that you are an extremely naive child. you actually think as long as you 'read at night' you can never fall afoul of police? or like justifably flamed mjeejit, you are a child of privilege for whom police are objects of servitude rather than menace?
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by k9ine(m): 8:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
@kilode & may_j_blige
I see that you believe ur wealth status makes u immune from Police brutality & set-up.
Pray very well that your car is not robbed from you, b4 u make a formal complaint to the Police, it is used in a robbery & innocent lives are lost.
When the Police gets to you, I can bet they wilk milk u dry, & give you history you will not like.
My friend lost her two paternal cousins(brothers) to summary execution by the police last year at Warri. They were coming from church, the Police said they were picked up near where a robbery just took place as such they are the suspects, they asked for bail money. They brought it the following morning but the brothers had been shot dead. You know what the DPO said; "robbers who where killed in the process".
IF a neighbour had incest wt his daughter, does it excuse a boy to defile his half-sister
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by Outstrip(f): 12:45am On Feb 16, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

Dont shout. Relax.

What I mean is, worse happens else where. You can bash Nigeria from now till tomorrow. I will not stop you, MonkeyLeg.

LOL.

There is no "proper" judicial system anywhere. Noone is saying Naija is perfect, but, hey - worse happens elsewhere.

Monkey.

Worse happens where? Any of the places you will mention should make you ashamed. When the only people you can compare yourself to in defense of yourself are losers and low lives then you need to re examine yourself. Show one case of anybody being held without trial for 15 years in a civilized country. This is why Nigeria will continue to be mediocre. If your child is failing in school will you find excuses or will you work hard to make sure those grades go up. If you don't expect a lot for yourself then there will not be room for improvement.
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by Kilode1: 2:19am On Feb 16, 2011
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by jumobi1(m): 6:10am On Feb 16, 2011
Sometimes I just have to thank my parents for on the better side of things. Imagine if this was me man, I would be a mental case right now. It's so depressing. I remember arguing with police cos he wanted to search my luggage when I visited 9ja, My ignorace/arrogance. My uncle told me never to pull such a stunt again, It's unfortunate some people can't fight for their right because the country is so lawless.
I mean imagine police just grabbing me right now and locking me for 15yrs in 9ja prison, My ambitions and freedom, GONE
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by favouredjb(f): 7:42am On Feb 16, 2011
So some people can't understand @kilode's sarcasm?

@op,they just turned the man's life upside down

i always warn my brothers and male cousins not to walk at night even on my street,and they should always be with their 1D cards,

may we not be victims ijn
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by Ultrame(m): 8:51am On Feb 16, 2011
Kilode go rest abeg. Enough have been said on your very much obvious sarcasm already.

If they still don't understand, I would have said they should hug a transformer, but how many transformers have power these days?

So, let them just drink a glass of readily available bleach! Abi undecided

@Post, for justice to be served (if there's any nowadays), the victim i believe, can find a way of suing the Nigerian Police for damages.
The whole matter is just so sad. I pray he heals and pick up the pieces of his shattered life.

But na wa for him ex-wife sha.
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by deboski4u: 9:06am On Feb 16, 2011
my fellow Nl, accept my apology on behalf of ma j blige and leave her alone, maybe she is trying to be patrotic as someone said.
in naija things happen, my prayer is that it will never happens to us. it is sad that we have not develop to that stage to seek redress in the court of law, and we too dey fear we cannot go egypt way. fela don talk am before nobody is ready to fight for liberation/ freedom. it is a sad event but many people are still in detention now that knows nothing about what they are detained for. my prayer is that almighty God will deliver them
Re: A Country With No Justice - Read This Man's Tale by WilliamUk: 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2011
Anyone that wants a Uk Passport. Please kindly get intouch with me williamturnerdiamond@gmail.com

William

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Not A Gunrunner – Minister Of Interior Abba Moro / Exclusive ; Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today. / See The New Look Of A Federal Road Governor Ugwuanyi Of Enugu Is Constructing(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.