Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels (3271 Views)

What's The Difference Between Demons And Christians Who Don't Obey Jesus? / Are Demons Fallen Angels? / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by DappaD: 9:49am On Aug 15, 2020
Maximus69:

Please my brother, which Bible book is called Enoch?
The book wasn't written by the faithful man Enoch.
It's just one of those uninspired apocryphal books full of fanciful tales and myths, just like the Gospel of Judas.
Books written by overzealous people who weren't inspired of God's holy spirit.
When I read the book of Enoch, I saw it even contradicted with the Biblical Genesis account on the birth of Noah. I just knew that the book was full of hogwash.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 10:28am On Aug 15, 2020
Maximus69:

In which book did you quote this?

Hope it's not an addition to God's word? Revelations 22:18

I cited the book

It’s a quote from the book of enoch
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Pearlla(f): 10:30am On Aug 15, 2020
DappaD:

Hmm undecided undecided
I thought we were trying to establish the facts that fallen angels could possess/control the minds of humans, so if Satan could possess Judas, that also makes him a demon madam. undecided

Well since I've already established that fact – John 13:27, I bid you farewell.
ok sha, follow me.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

The bible says satan used the serpent to beguile Eve. He didn't posses Eve .There is never a place where Fallen angels possess human. If they do then it will be possible for Holy angels to possess human also

In going deeper on this . There is a difference between Demons and Evil spirit.

Demon are chief spirits who are superior to and controls evil spirits.

Ailments afflictions ,are evil spirits . But they are controlled by Demons . Even though most times we call all of them Evil spirit or devils most times .

There is another school of thought that the spirit of those who died in the pre adamite world are operating on earth as well .
These 2 sources have been alleged as origin of demons and evil spirts . But the fact is that they were once humans who lost their bodies and needs a body desperately to interact and express their nature and character.

Calm down bro...I didn't ask you if Satan possessed Eve, but how Satan who you claim is a fallen angel not a demon and cannot possess a human being used the serpent in the beginning to deceive Eve.

No need to go too far, for the answer close by. Thanks.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2020
Pearlla:

that's exactly what i'm saying "satan" is a fallen angel.. The ruler of all demons, it didn't state that satan was a demon. Abeg follow jor, don't cause con-fu-sion.
U Dis Girl Pearlla, U Get Mouth Oo.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

I cited the book
It’s a quote from the book of enoch

OK Sir/Ma! smiley
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 15, 2020
DappaD:

The book wasn't written by the faithful man Enoch.
It's just one of those uninspired apocryphal books full of fanciful tales and myths, just like the Gospel of Judas.
Books written by overzealous people who weren't inspired of God's holy spirit.
When I read the book of Enoch, I saw it even contradicted with the Biblical Genesis account on the birth of Noah. I just knew that the book was full of hogwash.

Thank God i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses (the one and only group whose beliefs are solely based on God's inspired word Bible) grin

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Pearlla(f): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2020
Truvel:
U Dis Girl Pearlla, U Get Mouth Oo.
was just talking out of experience...& knowledge.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2020
Pearlla:
was just talking out of experience...& knowledge.
All Rice.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 1:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
Maximus69:

OK Sir/Ma! smiley

I be male nah!
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
DappaD:

The book wasn't written by the faithful man Enoch. It's just one of those uninspired apocryphal books

Don’t Bump books together . Some so called uninspired books were quoted in the Bible .

There were several books in the Bible days that are not in our present bible . Such as book of jasher , book of Nathan ,Book of Gad , Book of Enoch etc .

1 Chronicles 29:29
book of Nathan and in the book of Gad the seer,

2 Samuel 1:18
18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.

Paul ,Peter and other apostles recognized them as valid

Paul quoted from Jasher here

2 Timothy 3:8
8 -- Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

The book of Enoch chapter 2 was quoted by Jude

Jude 1:14
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

He quoted chapter 2 of Enoch . Peter also made references from book of Enoch
1Pet 3:19

2 Timothy 4:13
13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

Many books were lost during the wars
Some were later found. Such as The Book of Jasher . The book of Deuteronomy too was lost for many years until it was found .

13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments. Many books were still missing till today .

full of fanciful tales and myths, just like the Gospel of Judas.

Some of these uninspired book are historically accurate .
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Calm down bro...I didn't ask you if Satan possessed Eve, but how Satan who you claim is a fallen angel not a demon and cannot possess a human being used the serpent in the beginning to deceive Eve.

No need to go too far, for the answer close by. Thanks.

Satan can Use anything Secondly you can’t compared Satan with the angels . Satan was the ruler in the earth in the pre Adamite world . Read Isaiah 14
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Kobojunkie: 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

Genesis is a summary. Read The book of Enoch chapter 15

Enoch 15:8
My judgment for the giants is that since they are born from flesh they will be called evil spirits and will remain on the earth. 9Because they were created from above, from the holy Watchers, at death their spirits will come forth from their bodies and dwell on the earth. They will be called evil spirits. 10The heavenly spirits will dwell in heaven, but the terrestrial spirits who were born on earth will dwell on earth. 11The evil spirits of the giants will be like clouds. They will afflict, corrupt, tempt, battle, work destruction on the earth, and do evil; they will not eat nor drink, but be invisible. 12They will rise up against the children of men and against the women, because they have proceeded from them
if you believe what you read from the book of Enoch is true, then you should also believe what it says about the Satans not being associated with the demons, right?
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Kobojunkie: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

Satan can Use anything Secondly you can’t compared Satan with the angels . Satan was the ruler in the earth in the pre Adamite world . Read Isaiah 14
Isaiah 14 does not state that Satan ruled the world before Adam.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
if you believe what you read from the book of Enoch is true, then you should also believe what it says about the Satans not being associated with the demons, right?

I don't get you .What did it say about satan
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

I don't get you .What did it say about satan
You'd have to read it yourself so you can then tell if you believe it as well or not.
But one thing is it does not include Satan as a fallen angel
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You'd have to read it yourself so you can then tell if you believe it as well or not.
But one thing is it does not include Satan as a fallen angel

I read it . I didn't say he called Satan a fallen angel
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

I read it . I didn't say he called Satan a fallen angel
Ok. So who is Satan then?
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Ok. So who is Satan then?

Satan Was the ruler of the world Who’s original name was Lucifer . He was Ruler over men on earth and also an Archangel in heaven . He led men in rebellion against God and angels in heaven . And God destroyed that world with a flood . That was before Adam was created . Millions of years ago.

Isaiah 14:12-18
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying,
Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof;
that opened not the house of his prisoners?
18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them,
lie in glory, every one in his own house.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by DappaD: 5:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

Don’t Bump books together . Some so called uninspired books were quoted in the Bible .

There were several books in the Bible days that are not in our present bible . Such as book of jasher , book of Nathan ,Book of Gad , Book of Enoch etc .

1 Chronicles 29:29
book of Nathan and in the book of Gad the seer,

2 Samuel 1:18
18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.

Paul ,Peter and other apostles recognized them as valid

Paul quoted from Jasher here

2 Timothy 3:8
8 -- Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

The book of Enoch chapter 2 was quoted by Jude

Jude 1:14
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

He quoted chapter 2 of Enoch . Peter also made references from book of Enoch
1Pet 3:19

2 Timothy 4:13
13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.

Many books were lost during the wars
Some were later found. Such as The Book of Jasher . The book of Deuteronomy too was lost for many years until it was found .

13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments. Many books were still missing till today .

Some of these uninspired book are historically accurate .

I'm the one telling you that as long as it's not included in the 66books, it is UNINSPIRED and will remain so.
God's holy spirit guided Bible writers to include information from relevant sources when writing the Bible, such as the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew 1 and Luke 3.

As for the book of Enoch, it will remain a book of fanciful tales and stories. The inspired letters of Peter and Jude quoted those verses from reliable sources in their day, not the book of Enoch.
Going by how and when the book of Enoch was written, it can be said that the writer also quoted from the same source Peter and Jude quoted from just to give it some sort of legitimacy.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by DappaD: 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

Satan Was the ruler of the world Who’s original name was Lucifer . He was Ruler over men on earth and also an Archangel in heaven . He led men in rebellion against God and angels in heaven . And God destroyed that world with a flood . That was before Adam was created . Millions of years ago.

You get your own Bible wey you write? undecided
Satan's name is NOT Lucifer!
He was not an archangel!
God destroyed the wicked people about 1,500-2000years after he created Adam!

Except you get your own Bible wey talk another thing.

You just dey tell moonlight tales.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2020
[quote author=DappaD post=92852483].

As for the book of Enoch, it will remain a book of fanciful tales and stories. The inspired letters of Peter and Jude quoted those verses from reliable sources in their day, not the book of Enoch.

What is the reliable source they quoted from .
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

Isaiah 14:12-18
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

So you assume Satan is some character named Lucifer? So why is he described as a man in verse 16 of your post?

If Satan ruled the earth before man, who saw him, why is he described as a man, and what kingdoms did he shake?

Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

So you assume Satan is some character named Lucifer? So why is he described as a man in verse 16 of your post?

He was the ruler among Men
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by DappaD: 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
[quote author=petra1 post=92852559][/quote]
What proof do you have that Peter and Jude quoted from the boE? NONE right?

For all we know the boE attached such verses to make it seem legit.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

He was the ruler among Men
Pre-Adamic men?

Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:

If Satan ruled the earth before man, who saw him, why is he described as a man, and what kingdoms did he shake?

There was once a civilization on the earth that was destroyed by flood . Before Adam was created . Remember Satan was fallen before the time of Adam .
Many names were used to illustrate his personality . Lucifer , Satan , Prince of Tyrus , serpent , devil etc

Ezekiel 28:12-18
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Pre-Adamic men?

Yes pre Adamite men . Thats why God told Adam to replenish the earth . Replenish mean fill it up again .

The earth became void and empty at the destruction .

Jeremiah 4:23-26
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void;
and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled,
and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man,
and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness,
and all the cities thereof were broken down
at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
DappaD:

What proof do you have that Peter and Jude quoted from the boE? NONE right?

It was part of the Dead Sea scrolls . Among other books like Isaiah and co.

Secondly that’s the only book that contains the prophecy of Enoch

For all we know the boE attached such verses to make it seem legit.

Where did Jude quote from ?
Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

Yes pre Adamite men . Thats why God told Adam to replenish the earth . Replenish mean fill it up again .

The earth became void and empty at the destruction .

Jeremiah 4:23-26
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void;
and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled,
and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man,
and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness,
and all the cities thereof were broken down
at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Wait a second.... If you continue reading past verse 26, you are made to realise that Jeremiah is in fact talking of the game and people of the country of Judah.

Why would you pull those out of context to suggest they mean something different?

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by petra1(m): 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second.... If you continue reading past verse 26, you are made to realise that Jeremiah is in fact talking of the game and people of the country of Judah.

Why would you pull those out of context to suggest they mean something different?

There can be multiple prophecy in a chapter. Remember the bible was not written in verses. Scholars broke it down to chapters and verses as they deemed fit in their understanding . There' are rules and principles in interpretation of prophecies

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Demons & Fallen Angels by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
petra1:

There can be multiple prophecy in a chapter. Remember the bible was not written in verses. Scholars broke it down to chapters and verses as they deemed fit in their understanding . There' are rules and principles in interpretation of prophecies
There can indeed be, but as far as Jeremiah 4(verse 1 through to verse 31) is concerned, it is still Jeremiah addressing God as regards what had become of the land of Judah.

But why do you have this belief in a pre-Adamic civilisation of men on an earth ruled over by Satan? Where does that truly come from?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Learn More About Hajj (the Pilgrimage) / Photo: Christ And Angel Gabriel Appear In Clouds Over Florida? / Catholics That Don't Pray In The Name Of Jesus Are In The Kingdom of Darkness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.