Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning (44965 Views)

Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus / South Africans Stoning Another African To Death (Graphic Photos) / 70-Year-Old Man Caught Raping 10-Year-Old Girl In Rivers Chained To A Pole (Phot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
That's a long process
Let them throw him in the midst of hungry Crocs cool
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice
Why do you always start your sentence with those words cool
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by omoiyamayor(m): 11:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
Abdunzhaleel:
What you just did now is called an obvious display of ignorance. If I were you, I'll bury my head in shame and never in my life poke my nose in what I'm ignorant of.
this is a open forum, like it or not i will share my view irrespective of how you feel,your northern rulers are dumb for still using such way of dealing with issues in this age
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Organs(m): 11:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
Mayng01:
Northern barbarians. He did what is bad, at that age, send him to 20 years in prison & there he will surely die. Why sentencing someone to death by stoning at this age in this era in Nigeria. No wonder google will say the zoo country. Who are those that will even cast the stones. Spit

What makes a zoo country? members that are animals and reason like animals. Is the law for 70 yeras old men only? Are you happy with the decadence in the society where even your pastors are raping children and church members? The essence is for you not to commit the crime if you think about the punishment. In the USA if you rape a minor, like in this case, the govt will send you to 25 years jail time and prisoners will kill you in prison. Also, if it was your 12 year old daughter that was raped will you say what ure saying?
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Musianho(m): 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Holllllllly cow!! I pity the old goat sha
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by omoiyamayor(m): 11:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
P1PrinceKT:

Nigeria is not Islamic State niether does Shari'a is meant for non-muslims.

if kano state can open decree death by stoning on anyone, i hope they can also implement public beheading on governor collecting bribe on camera and rest of currupt politicians. Wonders in northern Nigeria.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Euegene100001: 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by redsun(m): 11:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
omoiyamayor:
if kano state can open decree death by stoning on anyone, i hope they can also implement public beheading on governor collecting bribe on camera and rest of currupt politicians. Wonders in northern Nigeria.

Some of the senators and presidential aspirants are married to minors-yarima, for example. And his crime no different from raping a 12-year-old.

What happens to hail sentence or castration? Stoning is unimaginably primitive, unsystematic and cruel.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by EPO246: 12:06am On Aug 13, 2020
[b][/b]CONSERVATIVE DOCTRINES.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by frozen70(f): 12:06am On Aug 13, 2020
Abdunzhaleel:
. Yeah very painful indeed! If every sane person realises the gruesome pain in being killed in such fashion, who do you think will reiterate such death-worthy and animalistic act? obviously a few !

Honestly

1 Like

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Tribalism123(m): 12:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Sharia court ewelara onodi na obodo anyi a bu NIGERIA.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Abdunzhaleel: 12:08am On Aug 13, 2020
omoiyamayor:
this is a open forum, like it or not i will share my view irrespective of how you feel,your northern rulers are dumb for still using such way of dealing with issues in this age
Of course you own your view and can share it any how you like but you should be very sure that your view is non-malicious, knowledge based and contain no iota of false information like this one.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 13, 2020
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Tannhauser(m): 12:15am On Aug 13, 2020
All of you posting religious thrash here are all FOO.OLS. At the age of eleven I had already deciphered religion for the fraud that it is, despite my parents being zealous Christians. I can't stand it when adults with brains still refuse to use them. You all deserve to be scammed and to continue living in perpetual bondage. Just imagine. *spits*
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by sadi78: 12:22am On Aug 13, 2020
I pray your daughter be a victim of raped... So we can see which judgement you are going to pass to the rapist.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:30am On Aug 13, 2020
At his age he is still active. Na wa ooo. All Na power of buratanshi
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Akinbahm(m): 12:45am On Aug 13, 2020
thesicilian:
I have mixed feelings about this case. On one hand, I'm glad he got what he deserved; if at that age he still doesn't know what evil means, choosing to defile a kid young enough to be his great grand child, he should go to hell and learn.

On the other hand, concerning this: Why is he being given a chance to recant his confession? Does it mean that if he confesses today and tomorrow he decides to say he didn't do it again, he'll be set free?!

Then there's this, worst of all:
If rape is such a serious offense as to warant death by stoning for a 70yr old man, why then do they marry 12, 14yr olds off to men old enough to be their fathers? Don't they know that any sexual intercourse without consent from a female is rape? Or that a minor is not fit to give consent no matter what?

In conclusion: Sharia law is confused, archaic and maad!

You almost made sense with ur write up only to spoil everything with the bolded...

1 Like

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Luckysbab: 12:51am On Aug 13, 2020
Pattypatt:
Good day nairalanders, I'm in dire need of a job, I hold a 2_1 degree, I'm hardworking and smart, I can work anywhere too. Pls help me. I'm tired of staying at home cry

Don't relent. You'll get what you deserve

1 Like

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Luckysbab: 12:53am On Aug 13, 2020
omoiyamayor:
thank you,what happen to northern elites molesting under age boys and girls. Nigeria is a was built for nonsense.

Charge them to court and have adequate evidence.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by ehinmowo: 12:54am On Aug 13, 2020
RichBoy247:

Should the rapist be crowned King of your village?

No NIgerian can support such act (at least not opening). Killing for raping is rather too heavy. Especially when the victim did not die.

A twenty years jail of the 70-year old man would eventually lead him to his grave. And probably give him chance at repentance. Rape is not a capital offense in Nigeria Constitution. Practicing Mohammed law of stoning people to death in the 21st century is rather barbaric.

Your religion/Sharia prescribed cutting of hands to thieves. Yet your governor was caught on camera stealing publicly. It's high time people re-examine themselves about their sincerity and hypocrisy.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by marsman: 12:57am On Aug 13, 2020
Following the foot step of holy Mohammed that wrote the quran
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by TheBedWench: 1:01am On Aug 13, 2020
omoiyamayor:
At this millennium age some ancient people with ancient view still exist. Break Location 9 aka Nigeria now before everyone is murdered, the people from the north are not Humane.

Let me throw some stones from America where pedophiles roam free and run the country. Death to child abusers. Death to those terrorists who kill innocent Nigerians. We have to draw the line because evil is out of control. Pedophilia is child sacrifice!
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by OyinO: 1:35am On Aug 13, 2020
Sharia Law is for the poor. Until they stone the rich Politicians for stealing, we'll know it's a genuine law.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by TooGod247(m): 1:39am On Aug 13, 2020
Hausa old men and Bleep, na like buhari and corruption
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Empiree: 2:34am On Aug 13, 2020
IMAliyu:
The same people that were calling for castration & death penalty as the punishment for rape, are having an issue with this.

Anyway, if the crime is not intentional (mass) murder or anything which directly kills people, I don't support death penalty. Let alone something as dated as stoning.
There are so many hypocrites in nigeria. This is why i stick to "law is law". When the guy was sentenced to death for blasphemy there was uproar everywhere. Same bunch of people who are against rape are having issue with this penalty.

The best position is my position that "law is law". If you violate law you must be punished. Now, just bcus a judgement is passed doesn't mean it will be carried out. There is timeline before execution is carried out which in many countries takes years. During these years, appeals go on underground. So people need to stop criticising law in the country. Matter of fact, it is evident that northern part has standard law than the so called educated south west. Many thieves are lynched without judicial process in the South West and East. Democracy doesn't work there. You need tough laws in nigeria so that people are responsible for once whether politicians or citizens.

So whether you are comfortable with death penalty or not is irrelevant. Even UK just abolished death penalty a little over 10 years ago. State of Texas still has death penalty and some other states in the US. If you don't like death sentence, it is your preference. You are not the jury. You are not the judge. What matters is you must respect the law of the land. With time, if nigerians begin to act like human beings, tough laws are gradually abolished. It doesn't happen overnight. Did you watch punishment for rape in Indonesia that gone viral recently?. I am not 100% sure it is Indonesia but my point is judge handed down judgement that their pricks should be severed. Judge did not waste time. He cut off their dicks by himself right away because they raped a girl. That's justice even if it is harsh. Judges are God's vicegerent on earth. If you can not do the time then don't do the crime.

shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Empiree: 2:41am On Aug 13, 2020
OyinO:
Sharia Law is for the poor. Until they stone the rich Politicians for stealing, we'll know it's a genuine law.
even common law does not work in the country. Shebi your politicians dey faint anytime they seen justice from afar grin Common law only applies to the poor.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by benobyeze(m): 3:04am On Aug 13, 2020
primitve people. May God save Nigeria �� from these ancient people with their ancient mentality.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Reelafonja(m): 3:49am On Aug 13, 2020
Mayng01:
Northern barbarians. He did what is bad, at that age, send him to 20 years in prison & there he will surely die. Why sentencing someone to death by stoning at this age in this era in Nigeria. No wonder google will say the zoo country. Who are those that will even cast the stones. Spit

I thought u were joking by saying Google recognizes Nigeria as a zoo until I checked myself.

9ja which way?

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by GingerBreadMan: 4:15am On Aug 13, 2020
GingerBreadMan:
Stoning??
Very progressive, grabs popcorn!
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Ceejay8: 4:43am On Aug 13, 2020
Who will stone him now??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Navy Admiral, Daniel Ikoli Was Assassinated, He Didn't Commit Suicide – Officers / Lady Stabs Man To Death Over A Plate Of Food In Bonny, Rivers State (Graphic) / Bride Trying To Abort Pregnancy In Uganda Busted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.