Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning (44975 Views)

Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus / South Africans Stoning Another African To Death (Graphic Photos) / 70-Year-Old Man Caught Raping 10-Year-Old Girl In Rivers Chained To A Pole (Phot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by nengibo: 4:46am On Aug 13, 2020
Minor? Lwkmd What age is seen as a minor to muslims
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Teejay13(m): 4:57am On Aug 13, 2020
Maybe life dun tire the man!

He probably needs to go and rest.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by anonimi: 5:17am On Aug 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:40am On Aug 13, 2020
Sharia court that's ruled by those people that needs to be killed..
Laughing..

Sufi Izala and others ruling Sharia court.. laughing..
what a height of ignorance
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Szkpytqgdcvx925: 5:48am On Aug 13, 2020
uunwanaobong3:
There is no single country who has developed to world class status by practicing Islam....... That is why Africa including NIGERIAN will not experiences development except southern African countries who are mainly Christian.......Islam bring death, terrorism, poverty, lack of education, begging, bomb bast, blood shedding, and hatred

Has cristianity develop your southern region especially south east where cristianity has its roots
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by hydoo(m): 6:19am On Aug 13, 2020
omoiyamayor:
At this millennium age some ancient people with ancient view still exist. Break Location 9 aka Nigeria now before everyone is murdered, the people from the north are not Humane.
U see ur life. I believe your among the people that always shout death to the rapist now your here mocking and insulting north just because of the hatred you have for them. Sorry biko
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by dominion001(m): 6:27am On Aug 13, 2020
Who really pays these Sharia Judges? Is it form our common purse or they generate their own income and pay themselves?
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Minemrys: 6:28am On Aug 13, 2020
IKBARUTEN11:
Is he d qu'ranic stephen?
assuming stephen was a 70year old rapist.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by OyinO: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2020
Empiree:
even common law does not work in the country. Shebi your politicians dey faint anytime they seen justice from afar grin Common law only applies to the poor.

I already know that, but we ain't talking about common law today. We ain't talking about civil law, environmental law, corporate law, business law, or even industrial law.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Deborah98(f): 7:14am On Aug 13, 2020
This kano don dey bring out new laws back to back these days, what should I say next undecided
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by slowice(m): 7:30am On Aug 13, 2020
The law is designed for poor northerners
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Mayng01(m): 7:35am On Aug 13, 2020
Organs:

What makes a zoo country? members that are animals and reason like animals. Is the law for 70 yeras old men only? Are you happy with the decadence in the society where even your pastors are raping children and church members? The essence is for you not to commit the crime if you think about the punishment. In the USA if you rape a minor, like in this case, the govt will send you to 25 years jail time and prisoners will kill you in prison. Also, if it was your 12 year old daughter that was raped will you say what ure saying?
I believe you are not an illiterate, go back & read what I wrote & tell me where I say he should be set free.... what I am against is jungle justice, barbaric killings or cannibalistic attitude of the executioners. Death sentence is death sentence, why would a government stone someone to death or carry out decapitation as a death sentence, no wonder Dr Mailafia says the northern leaders are behind bokoharam, cos we now see they reason the same way. & please mind your business if you can’t decipher the connotative meaning of a simple comments.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Teespice(f): 7:40am On Aug 13, 2020
GboyegaD:
The penalty seems too strong. He should go to a Federal High Court and see if he can turn it into a life imprisonment instead.

Federal High Court does not have the jurisdiction to adjudicate on rape cases.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Mayng01(m): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2020
Midastorch:

I am a fucking hypocrites.... on a normal day, i would have typed “ castrate the bastard” but because it’s from another tribe and religion, it becomes an eyesore... I am a fucking hypocritical BVstards...
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by yahmohy27: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Imran bin Al-Husain Al-Khuza`i (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A woman from the tribe Juhainah came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) while she was pregnant from (Zina) adultery and said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! I have committed an offense liable to Hadd (prescribed punishment), so exact the execution of the sentence.'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) called her guardian and said to him, "Treat her kindly. Bring her to me after the delivery of the child.'' That man complied with the orders. At last the Prophet (PBUH) commanded to carry out the sentence. Her clothes were secured around her and she was stoned to death. The Prophet (PBUH) led her funeral prayers. `Umar submitted: "O Messenger of Allah! She committed Zina and you have performed funeral prayer for her?'' He replied, "Verily, she made repentance which would suffice for seventy of the people of Al-Madinah if it is divided among them. Can there be any higher degree of repentance than that she sacrificed her life voluntarily to win the Pleasure of Allah, the Exalted?''.
[Muslim]. Have a blessed day
If you don't follow your religion practices stop blaming those that are practice theirs.Your religion is yours,And My religion is Mine
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by yahmohy27: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2020
Imran bin Al-Husain Al-Khuza`i (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A woman from the tribe Juhainah came to Messenger of Allah (PBUH) while she was pregnant from (Zina) adultery and said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! I have committed an offense liable to Hadd (prescribed punishment), so exact the execution of the sentence.'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) called her guardian and said to him, "Treat her kindly. Bring her to me after the delivery of the child.'' That man complied with the orders. At last the Prophet (PBUH) commanded to carry out the sentence. Her clothes were secured around her and she was stoned to death. The Prophet (PBUH) led her funeral prayers. `Umar submitted: "O Messenger of Allah! She committed Zina and you have performed funeral prayer for her?'' He replied, "Verily, she made repentance which would suffice for seventy of the people of Al-Madinah if it is divided among them. Can there be any higher degree of repentance than that she sacrificed her life voluntarily to win the Pleasure of Allah, the Exalted?''.
[Muslim]. Have a blessed day,Aameen
If you don't follow your religion practices stop blaming those that are practice theirs.Your religion is yours,And My religion is Mine
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Coldie(m): 8:20am On Aug 13, 2020
I like this law. Apart from alcohol ban I wish the entire Nigeria can practice this
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Cammo: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2020
But nobody stoned prophet Mohammed for defiling a 7 year old Aishat. Cowards and hypocrites.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 13, 2020
Who will throw the stones? shocked
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by sunbreaker: 8:52am On Aug 13, 2020
Pls let's us be using sharia law in Nigeria, all these financial recklessness will stop
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by BIEYA: 9:00am On Aug 13, 2020
I can't believe Nigerian can support the rapist a t
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2020
pls why are christains against the islamic will wallahi tallahi every xristain dat do not repent and follows allah and his massengers will diffinately die a painful death and jahanamma will be his destination idiot xristains that dont want peace , have u ever heard us abusing (isah AS ) no why because we believed that his's allah massenger but because oll of u are hypocrite dumblinded and brainwash thats why u are acting what u were told by ur useless pastors to critised islamic rules , as a true muslim i believed that if u are married either male or female and u were caught having sex with someone u are not married to ur implication is to be stone to death and if u are not married u will be flog hundred cane lashes in the market square , idiot xristains kafirai kawai
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by felzokugo(m): 9:31am On Aug 13, 2020
In this age nigeria still dey backward...what a law! Sharia....tufiakwa.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 13, 2020
Allah says "walla takarabbu zinah" do not even come close to adultery or furnication
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Aboki99(m): 10:05am On Aug 13, 2020
Go and tell this to the family of the defiled 12 year old if you are sincere, courageous and not a coward!

omoiyamayor:
At this millennium age some ancient people with ancient view still exist. Break Location 9 aka Nigeria now before everyone is murdered, the people from the north are not Humane.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by johnisaola(m): 10:13am On Aug 13, 2020
There is no any verse in the Al qur an( Islamic Holly)God only said the unmarried woman and unmarried man found guilty of sensual intercourse each one to be punish with hundred lashes,(24:2)
الزانية والزاني فاجلدوا كل واحد منهما مااة جلدة
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Mikyle: 10:44am On Aug 13, 2020
advocatejare:
What's the reference to the Sharia law they applied?

We were made to know that the punishment of stoning sexual offenders was one of the missing portions of the Quran that a goat ate in the room of Aisha when she was still mourning the death of Muhammad.

So definitely their reference is not from the Quran.

Let's see how tradition reports how rape was handled among Muslims and let's see if they did justice to the man

Have you seen that there are so many hypocrisy in Islam, one rule for the poor, another for the rich.

IMO, that man should be castrated and sentenced to life imprisonment. Let him live to regret his action. Cos it they kill him now, he will even be happy as Allah will allow him enter the Islamic Paradise that accommodates those that commit illegal sex like him.

Sahih Bukhari 2:23:329
Narrated By Abu Dhar
Allah's Apostle said, "Someone came to me from my Lord and gave me the news (or good tidings) that if any of my followers dies worshipping none (in any way) along with Allah, he will enter Paradise." I asked, "Even if he committed illegal sexual intercourse (adultery) and theft?" He replied, "Even if he committed illegal sexual intercourse (adultery) and theft."

Just go and learn verse before giving half baked information.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Mhimi007(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2020
IKBARUTEN11:
Is he d qu'ranic stephen?
did Stephen rape
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by advocatejare(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2020
Mikyle:

Just go and learn verse before giving half baked information.
You're ashamed that your Allah will pack his filthy paradise with thieves and sex offenders right? No wonder Sharia law didn't see anything wrong in Ganduje's action

I've quoted from your authentic Hadith. Sahih Bukhari rated number one of the ahadith
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by GboyegaD(m): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
Teespice:

Federal High Court does not have the jurisdiction to adjudicate on rape cases.

They can upturn the death judgment.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by Teespice(f): 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
GboyegaD:

They can upturn the death judgment.

Only court of Appeal, Sharia Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court can upturn Death sentences.

The Jurisdiction of the Federal High Court is contained in Section 251 of the 1999 Constitution as amended.

High Courts can sit on appellate matters arising from Magistrate Courts.
Re: Rape: Kano Shari’a Court Sentences 70-year-old Man To Death By stoning by paix(m): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
Mayng01:
Northern barbarians. He did what is bad, at that age, send him to 20 years in prison & there he will surely die. Why sentencing someone to death by stoning at this age in this era in Nigeria. No wonder google will say the zoo country. Who are those that will even cast the stones. Spit
The saints.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Of South African-Based Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Onitsha / Slay Queen Busted After Sending Fake Transfer oF N65,000 To A Vendor / Political Shootings In Rumueme Mile4, Port Harcourt (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.