Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn (71179 Views)

Nigerian Custom Service Salary Structure / Nigerian Police Salary Structure – How NPF Pay Officers / Nigerian Public Service Salary Structures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by eagleeye2: 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
onyxo76:
not with ippis o, by the time pencom, nhf, and other dues aside tax enter that 89k go drop to about 70k
After all those things you stated, the take home is 89k on IPPIS. Stop arguing.
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by BelieverDE: 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
Opeyemi2012, many thanks for this informative post!

1 Like

Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by Torie8(f): 6:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
Froshloaded:

No I don't

Hmmm ok no p
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by samcolee(m): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2020
april2018:
9. Polithiefcians shocked shocked

Governors: 300,000,000 per month
Ministers: 500,000,000 per month
Senators: 700,000,000 per month

EFCC Chairman: 5,000,000,000 per month
Minister of Petroleum: 10,000,000,000 per month

: Teachers: 7,000 per month
Police 40000 a month
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by opeyemi2012(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
BelieverDE:
Opeyemi2012, many thanks for this informative post!
Welcome Sir
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by samcolee(m): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Donaldomo:
Correct analysis, man! We are in the same grade and seeking to move to the same grade!

Which 1 police fall under sef before I go apply
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by babzo(m): 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
ShitStain:

Exactly!
I did my IT at federal ministry of works and housing, and throughout my 6 months stay there I noticed most of the workers come in to work by 11 instead of the approved 9am and then there leave earlier than 3pm.can you imagine?
And even when they do stay in the office,they end up just gisting, reading newspapers,pressing their mobile phones.
Our problem for this country plenty sha

Problems plenty for real.....
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by engrjacuzzi: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
the write up is very correct of which I can attest. The reason why we have ghost workers and corruption is as a result of the disparities in salaries amongst Ministries, Agencies and the likes.
permit me to digress, as I take a case study of NRC. firstly, the Agency is in the category of the poorest salary structure and as thus renders services. we spend so much revamping the sector, purchasing rolling stocks and borrowing billions of dollars from Chinese to fund the projects yet pay the workers peanut with no better package/welfare and expect them to manage such equipment efficiently.

I think the essence of IPPIS was to reduce ghost workers and make a unified salary for every Nigerian worker.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by Kingray10: 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
Teenaira:

Oga, you are not totally right o. If you see how the people in the so called category A like the DPR are looking for money inspite of their pay, you will be SHOCKED like our leaders. Their job is to go round to collect money from petrol stations in addition to their heavy pay. Meanwhile, they will still be looking for means not to pay a commensurate tax.
Ordinary implementation of a functional tax system will correct these abnormally. In which case your tax will TRUELY be based on your earnings supported with a consumption tax like VAT.

In which case, your official income is taxed based on standard PAYE and your stolen money is taxed through the consumption tax based on your purchases.

Oga, I am also wrong because invariably, the tax can even be swallowed by a snake.

So don't worry we are jointly wrong.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by bejeria101(m): 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Versus what both parties steal. No the kind of cars these guys drive
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by ThatFairGuy: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
See inequalities
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by onyxo76(m): 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
eagleeye2:

After all those things you stated, the take home is 89k on IPPIS. Stop arguing.
nobody is arguing with you am a non teaching staff in a fed university, where do you work? non of my colleagues on that level earn what you quoted well except they also added their coop deduction sha. you sound as if I'm fighting with you, on top how much sef? 89k ?
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by opeyemi2012(m): 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
onyxo76:
nobody is arguing with you am a non teaching staff in a fed university, where do you work? non of my colleagues on that level earn what you quoted well except they also added their coop deduction sha. you sound as if I'm fighting with you, on top how much sef? 89k ?
lol
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by Wshjba: 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
royalfly:

U lie, it’s 79k before the so called minimum wage. State the uni that earns 89 at entry level.
all federal universities
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by Wshjba: 8:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
opeyemi2012:
the next time you call me a liar, I will so drag you. You clearly cannot comprehend a simple write-up.
lol
Funny boy
You make it sound like people working with FG aren't earning anything....why didn't you add all the allowances and not just the basic salary.
Where do you work sef.
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2020
grin
Wshjba:
lol
Funny boy
You make it sound like people working with FG aren't earning anything....why didn't you add all the allowances and not just the basic salary.
Where do you work sef.
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by opeyemi2012(m): 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
Wshjba:
lol
Funny boy
Where do you work sef.
pele o grandpa. I still insist you have comprehension challenges. I have uploaded pics in a new thread for the ignorant ones like you. Go and find it and be educated. Precise what other allowance(s) do core civil servants get? Granpa, go and learn. Not every federal worker earn as much as you do. I can even educate you on the salary structure your institution uses, if only you are humble enough to ask. Bye!
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by eagleeye2: 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
onyxo76:
It's ok. I think it's only UNN that are said to be going home with 87k, because of their WiFi deduction. You can ask for the contiss table. I don't fight online or offline. You could be right and I am equally right. It's all about different realities.
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by FaboyedeK(m): 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hello Boss..
Please what is the latest regarding the Federal Civil Service Commission recruitment?
opeyemi2012:
I promised to create this thread because I noticed that a lot of nairalanders have wrong perceptions of what workers in "core civil service" really earn monthly.

Civil servants vs Public servants

According to the then Head of Service of the Federation in 2018, Ms Winifred Oyo-Ita.....

Oyo-Ita, who is a member of the minimum wage committee constituted by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2017, said there is ongoing deliberation on the pay disparity between the public and civil servants.

“There is a difference between civil service and public service, civil service is a subset of public service, so you find that in the enlarged public service we have parastatals that are earning fantastic sum of money and we have military and para-military earning money that cannot be compared to that of the civil servants.

“This core group of civil servants are just about 80,000 and they earn peanuts. A driver in the civil service earn as low as N18,000 to N20,000 a month.

“You have a director who has been in the Service for over 30 years, due for retirement is having a monthly take home of about N300,000, whereas that is the starting point of some graduates in some parastatals.

“In some parastatals, fresh graduates are starting on N250,000 – N300,000 and you want the director to go and supervise such agencies.

“All the issues of pay disparity will be addressed in the Presidential National Minimum Wage committee.”

https://thewhistler.ng/fg-to-address-pay-disparity-between-civil-and-public-servants-oyo-ita/amp/

Sadly, these issues were not addressed.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/remedy-huge-salary-disparity-in-core-civil-service-labour-urges-fg-2/

Categories of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)

BY STATUTORY FUNCTIONS
a. Ministries/Core civil service: The Ministries play a supervisory role to the parastatals. The Ministries are headed by Ministers. The head of service is the most senior civil servant.
b. Parastatals (agencies and departments): usually under a Federal Ministry or under the office of the SGF i.e Presidency.
They have more precise functions according to the Acts that created them. These are headed by DGs, EVC (as with NCC), Director (as with DPR), CFI (as with NAICOM), GMD (as with NNPC), ES (as with PEF, TETFUND) CEO (as with NEPC, NIDCOM), etc

BY SALARY STRUCTURE
a. Harmonised salary structure funded by National Treasury: These includes all Ministries and most parastatals (agencies/departments/institutes etc) whose annual budget including salaries and allowances are funded from the National Treasury. You will always find their budget estimates in the annual national budget.

MDAs in this category uses salary structures like;

CONTISS
CONUASS - for academic staff of universities
CONPSS - for core civil service/ministries. Also the poorest
CONPASS - for paramilitary agencies
CONAFSS - for armed forces
CONMESS - for medical doctors
CONHESS - for health workers
CONTOPSAL -for top officials like NASS Clerk, SAs to the President, NSA etc
CONTEDISS
CONRAISS - for research agencies/institutes
CONPOSS - for police
CONPCASS - for polytechnics and CoE
CONICSS - for intelligence community i.e DSS
etc E many gan ooooo. grin

b. Special Salary Structure funded by National Treasury: These group enjoy a special salary structure (most times 4-10 times higher) than the CONPSS (the poorest salary structure). However, they are funded from the National Treasury and are included in the national budget. e.g NEITI, NARSDA, BPE, DMO, BPP, EFCC, NIGCOMSAT, ICRC, SEC, DPR etc.

c. Self-funded agencies: Agencies under this category are revenue generating agencies. They fund themselves and therefore determine their own salary structures. NNPC, CBN, NPA, NIMASA, FAAN, NAMA, BOI, FMBN, NCC, PHCN, FIRS etc fall under this category.

BY UNOFFICIAL CATEGORISATION
On the street, among lawmakers during unofficial discussions and among job seekers, we have;

a. GRADE A/JUICY AGENCIES: Agencies that oay 200k and above monthly. Also revenue generating agencies fall into this category. For the lawmakers, these agencies have the capacity to give out mouth watering contracts. NCC, DPR, NDIC, NIMASA, PPPRA, PEF, etc

b. GRADE B AGENCIES: Agencies that pay between 80k -150k but below 200k. NACA, NHIS, NLN, most paramilitary agencies, FAAN, NABDA, NAIC etc. Most agencies fall under this category.

b. GRADE C: Agencies that pay below 80k. All ministries are also included here with the exception of Petroleum Resources, Justice and one other I cannot immediately remember. NIPOST, NIMC, and few other parastatals fall under this category.

Having said that, a level 08 officer (BSc holder) in the core civil service (Ministries and grade C agencies using the CONPSS) earn below 60k monthly as net pay. Level 09 (MSc holders at entry level) earns below 70k/monthly and PhD holders at entry level (level 10) earns below 80k monthly.

An BSc entry level staff at DPR or PPPRA (SS6 is what they call level cool will earn more monthly than a senior lecturer with over 5 years post PhD teaching experience in a federal university. If ASUU finally joins IPPIS, a Professor will earn less than an entry level BSc holder at NLNG, PPPRA or DPR.

Attached are July 2020 payslips of some civil servants in a federal agency but using CONPSS (same as the Ministries).

PS: I won't entertain any questions. I don't have any connections. I don't sell job slots. I work in a grade B and seeking to move to a grade A. No PMs please. Thank you

@allthingsgood. I promised to quote you.
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by desoul2004(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2020
opeyemi2012:
Yes via transfer of service. Quite a cumbersome process though

Let me pm you for some enquiries .
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by akaahs(m): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
Torie8:
What of level 7 officers.
How much is their salary?
Peanut of 75k and 65k net pay after tax, depends on agency/ministry
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by Torie8(f): 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
akaahs:

Peanut of 75k and 65k net pay after tax, depends on agency/ministry
cry
Thanks
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by FaboyedeK(m): 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
Good evening Boss..
Please do you have any news about Federal Civil Service Commission recruitment?
Please I will really appreciate if I can get a reply from you..
Help a brother out
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by sofdoc1: 4:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
Wshjba:
This is big lie...the salary can be small but I tell you nobody takes home less than 85k in all for federal higher institutions(poly, uni, coe). The minimium entry level for graduate is 7 which has a take home of at least 89kplus.

You seem sure about this. So by graduate, you mean bsc holder?
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by sofdoc1: 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
Syllables:
Not INEC but in a private sector.
Please be more elaborate.
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by sofdoc1: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2021
Wshjba:
lol
Funny boy
Where do you work sef.
How much do level 8 workers earn?
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by Wshjba: 11:58am On Jan 31, 2021
sofdoc1:

How much do level 8 workers earn?
Depends on the ministry, but at least 120k
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by Redlight12(f): 11:41am On Feb 14, 2021
pls house I need ur advise,I didn't check the tescom requirement well but I applied without education certificate and was called for CBT test.pls house should I go
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by Mrskolapo1(f): 2:03pm On Apr 07, 2021
FaboyedeK:
Hello Boss..
Please what is the latest regarding the Federal Civil Service Commission recruitment?

Please do you have any information on Nimasa ? Pls help

1 Like

Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by DUNKA(m): 6:39am On Jun 21, 2021
Re: Civil Service, Public Service, Salary Structure & What Civil Servants Earn by dotloud: 8:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
opeyemi2012:
I promised to create this thread because I noticed that a lot of nairalanders have wrong perceptions of what workers in "core civil service" really earn monthly.

Civil servants vs Public servants

According to the then Head of Service of the Federation in 2018, Ms Winifred Oyo-Ita.....

Oyo-Ita, who is a member of the minimum wage committee constituted by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2017, said there is ongoing deliberation on the pay disparity between the public and civil servants.

“There is a difference between civil service and public service, civil service is a subset of public service, so you find that in the enlarged public service we have parastatals that are earning fantastic sum of money and we have military and para-military earning money that cannot be compared to that of the civil servants.

“This core group of civil servants are just about 80,000 and they earn peanuts. A driver in the civil service earn as low as N18,000 to N20,000 a month.

“You have a director who has been in the Service for over 30 years, due for retirement is having a monthly take home of about N300,000, whereas that is the starting point of some graduates in some parastatals.

“In some parastatals, fresh graduates are starting on N250,000 – N300,000 and you want the director to go and supervise such agencies.

“All the issues of pay disparity will be addressed in the Presidential National Minimum Wage committee.”

https://thewhistler.ng/fg-to-address-pay-disparity-between-civil-and-public-servants-oyo-ita/amp/

Sadly, these issues were not addressed.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/remedy-huge-salary-disparity-in-core-civil-service-labour-urges-fg-2/

Categories of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)

BY STATUTORY FUNCTIONS
a. Ministries/Core civil service: The Ministries play a supervisory role to the parastatals. The Ministries are headed by Ministers. The head of service is the most senior civil servant.
b. Parastatals (agencies and departments): usually under a Federal Ministry or under the office of the SGF i.e Presidency.
They have more precise functions according to the Acts that created them. These are headed by DGs, EVC (as with NCC), Director (as with DPR), CFI (as with NAICOM), GMD (as with NNPC), ES (as with PEF, TETFUND) CEO (as with NEPC, NIDCOM), etc

BY SALARY STRUCTURE
a. Harmonised salary structure funded by National Treasury: These includes all Ministries and most parastatals (agencies/departments/institutes etc) whose annual budget including salaries and allowances are funded from the National Treasury. You will always find their budget estimates in the annual national budget.

MDAs in this category uses salary structures like;

CONTISS
CONUASS - for academic staff of universities
CONPSS - for core civil service/ministries. Also the poorest
CONPASS - for paramilitary agencies
CONAFSS - for armed forces
CONMESS - for medical doctors
CONHESS - for health workers
CONTOPSAL -for top officials like NASS Clerk, SAs to the President, NSA etc
CONTEDISS
CONRAISS - for research agencies/institutes
CONPOSS - for police
CONPCASS - for polytechnics and CoE
CONICSS - for intelligence community i.e DSS
etc E many gan ooooo. grin

b. Special Salary Structure funded by National Treasury: These group enjoy a special salary structure (most times 4-10 times higher) than the CONPSS (the poorest salary structure). However, they are funded from the National Treasury and are included in the national budget. e.g NEITI, NARSDA, BPE, DMO, BPP, EFCC, NIGCOMSAT, ICRC, SEC, DPR etc.

c. Self-funded agencies: Agencies under this category are revenue generating agencies. They fund themselves and therefore determine their own salary structures. NNPC, CBN, NPA, NIMASA, FAAN, NAMA, BOI, FMBN, NCC, PHCN, FIRS etc fall under this category.

BY UNOFFICIAL CATEGORISATION
On the street, among lawmakers during unofficial discussions and among job seekers, we have;

a. GRADE A/JUICY AGENCIES: Agencies that oay 200k and above monthly. Also revenue generating agencies fall into this category. For the lawmakers, these agencies have the capacity to give out mouth watering contracts. NCC, DPR, NDIC, NIMASA, PPPRA, PEF, etc

b. GRADE B AGENCIES: Agencies that pay between 80k -150k but below 200k. NACA, NHIS, NLN, most paramilitary agencies, FAAN, NABDA, NAIC etc. Most agencies fall under this category.

b. GRADE C: Agencies that pay below 80k. All ministries are also included here with the exception of Petroleum Resources, Justice and one other I cannot immediately remember. NIPOST, NIMC, and few other parastatals fall under this category.

Having said that, a level 08 officer (BSc holder) in the core civil service (Ministries and grade C agencies using the CONPSS) earn below 60k monthly as net pay. Level 09 (MSc holders at entry level) earns below 70k/monthly and PhD holders at entry level (level 10) earns below 80k monthly.

An BSc entry level staff at DPR or PPPRA (SS6 is what they call level cool will earn more monthly than a senior lecturer with over 5 years post PhD teaching experience in a federal university. If ASUU finally joins IPPIS, a Professor will earn less than an entry level BSc holder at NLNG, PPPRA or DPR.

Attached are July 2020 payslips of some civil servants in a federal agency but using CONPSS (same as the Ministries).

PS: I won't entertain any questions. I don't have any connections. I don't sell job slots. I work in a grade B and seeking to move to a grade A. No PMs please. Thank you

@allthingsgood. I promised to quote you.

Please boss, what grade does NASRDA fall into viz a vis Scientific officer step 2, is it grade a or grade b?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Reduces Academic Requirement To Woo More Citizens Into Joining / I Resigned After Receiving My Salary: Help, Am I In Trouble? / Woman Walks Around Unclad In Office To Boost Workers' Morale In Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.