Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. (29694 Views)

If You're Asked For Any Of These While Job Hunting, Run For Cover! / 5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by espn(m): 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
IkeGod221:

What do you do for a living sir/madam
Am a travel consultant...I own a record label...I do real estate and have an NGO...Am not a millionaire or multimillionaire...The hustle continues...
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by andyjwe(m): 9:39pm On Aug 13, 2020
It can be so frustrating going from pillar to post job hunting only to discover they are all scammers and GNLD agents ��

Getting a job is a job.
Join this page below for job updates�

https://www.facebook.com/Job-Magnet-NG-644158986200022/
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by calebonuja: 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
I Got to the interview without my resume and when they asked me for it I just stared back blank faced, my throat was dry and when I wanted to explain that I assumed they should have it, as I started speaking, spit flew from my mouth onto the face of the HR staff. As she jerked backwards, her cup of coffee in her other hand spilled all over her white suit and she screamed because it was hot and she fell backwards onto the glass table which shattered.

I got up and left in a hurry and ended up crashing into the glass sliding door and it broke to pieces.

Lolz
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by LadySarah: 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nuttella:
You can't surprise someone with a job without having their CV or their info. Anyways I dont trust in man, I trust in God

Lol. Still don't conclude unless he says so. I got mine without him having my CV.
Just asked me for my Official name and had my phone no.

Weeks later got a message from the organist ion to come for documentation and that was when I submitted my Credentials.

If he hasn't said anything untoward, don't conclude. God uses ppl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by ThatFairGuy: 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:
I Got to the interview without my resume and when they asked me for it I just stared back blank faced, my throat was dry and when I wanted to explain that I assumed they should have it, as I started speaking, spit flew from my mouth onto the face of the HR staff. As she jerked backwards, her cup of coffee in her other hand spilled all over her white suit and she screamed because it was hot and she fell backwards onto the glass table which shattered.

I got up and left in a hurry and ended up crashing into the glass sliding door and it broke to pieces.
May God bless you with more sarcasm. Nice one
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
LadySarah:

Lol. Still don't conclude unless he says so. I got mine without him having my CV.
Just asked me for my Official name and had my phone no.

Weeks later got a message from the organist ion to come for documentation and that was when I submitted my Credentials.

If he hasn't said anything untoward, don't conclude. God uses ppl
The one you got, is it a government job?
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Deborah98(f): 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2020
It's not funny ooooh but I thank God I overcame grin
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by LadySarah: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nuttella:
The one you got, is it a government job?

Yes and he didn't even know me nor met me before even till today.
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
I'll be back to relates my trekking experience in PH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Samfloxin(m): 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:

Linus Okoro

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Wiinnd(m): 10:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nuttella:
I finished my NYSC as a fresh babe, I had high hopes, there was this highly influential man on my Facebook that had promised to collect my CV after my NYSC, immediately I finished my NYSC, I talked with him, he said thankGod you are done, it's not easy, then I asked him if I could send my CV to him now that I'm done since he said I should do so when I'm done, this man kept my message on read, I still chatted him up again and again, he still kept my message on read. I bet he was especting punna before he gives me the slot, but this baby girl wasn't gonna part with it. wink

Men will shame you!
Not all men will shame you. I will not shame you
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by missyojo(f): 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
JERRYxed12:
well i have not been actually embarrassed before, but I would av been.... it all happen when I was dating a girl and did not want her to know I was teaching.... even though the school was a big school and it's pay is not all that bad..... I did not want her to know I was teaching..... on this faithful day as I was teaching she called.. since I gave the class some work to solve , I said let me leave the class and answer this nwa baby....... I was on the call which was getting interesting while I was contemplating to end it.... on known to me those children ( if not God I wod say demonic children) turned the class upside down.... the call was interesting I did not know it was my class the noise was coming from..... while I was on the call, one child ran to me and said sir should I wrote names of noise makers the class is making noise.... I swear his voice was as if the put amplifier..... even the gate man could hear him..... just to cover the shame fast I said okay go... while he was running back the director who has heard the knows came up and saw me on call.... he started shouting what was I doing that my class was noise..... immediately I tried ending the call. not knowing it did not switch off .....the babe hear how the director was just shouting at me telling me how would I act so careless like that.... how would I leave those children.... he called. me some on holy name and said shit........ and told me he would deal. with me later..... well the phone went off after she could not take it any more... I think she felt the shame and embarrassment for me.......

latter that day she called me and said she sorry for the embarrassment and said we should pray about it.... she prayed with me on the phone and then told me things will get better.....

today I am the CEO of my own business... I have a catfish farm and is doing well... and I plan to. marry her

Waoo!!!

What a happy ending.
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by MajesticKris: 10:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
Spent 5k to an interview of 20k salary and it's not certain...

It Depends on the commotion, and it still need to pay 12k for training before getting the job ohhh...

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by MickzyDonald: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
I've vowed not to make my children pass through a single hustling part of my life bcus d way people will insult u,e go be like say person no get life sef
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Ubdavis(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
I told the interviewer that I was 31. He looked me eyeballs to eyeballs and said.. "Bros u dong pass that age"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by jrobbins: 10:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:

Hahaha. You made my night
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by oscarmarley(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
whatsapp 07085086527

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by OBku4(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
MajesticKris:
Spent 5k to an interview of 20k salary and it's not certain...

It Depends on the commotion, and it still need to pay 12k for training before getting the job ohhh...

Yahoo yahoo cheesy
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
Wiinnd:
Not all men will shame you. I will not shame you
Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day you will believe it
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
LadySarah:

Yes and he didn't even know me nor met me before even till today.

That's cool really.
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Simpleaero: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
JERRYxed12:
well i have not been actually embarrassed before, but I would av been.... it all happen when I was dating a girl and did not want her to know I was teaching.... even though the school was a big school and it's pay is not all that bad..... I did not want her to know I was teaching..... on this faithful day as I was teaching she called.. since I gave the class some work to solve , I said let me leave the class and answer this nwa baby....... I was on the call which was getting interesting while I was contemplating to end it.... on known to me those children ( if not God I wod say demonic children) turned the class upside down.... the call was interesting I did not know it was my class the noise was coming from..... while I was on the call, one child ran to me and said sir should I wrote names of noise makers the class is making noise.... I swear his voice was as if the put amplifier..... even the gate man could hear him..... just to cover the shame fast I said okay go... while he was running back the director who has heard the knows came up and saw me on call.... he started shouting what was I doing that my class was noise..... immediately I tried ending the call. not knowing it did not switch off .....the babe hear how the director was just shouting at me telling me how would I act so careless like that.... how would I leave those children.... he called. me some on holy name and said shit........ and told me he would deal. with me later..... well the phone went off after she could not take it any more... I think she felt the shame and embarrassment for me.......

latter that day she called me and said she sorry for the embarrassment and said we should pray about it.... she prayed with me on the phone and then told me things will get better.....

today I am the CEO of my own business... I have a catfish farm and is doing well... and I plan to. marry her

Please can we talk about how to start a catfish farm?
I'm interested in that business
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by bewacharlie(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2020
Location?
doctore212:
I was so desperate to land a job.

I had to go to Brothel in my area to submit my application for a receptionist.

The olosho manager told me that am not qualified for the job. Last last I was told go home and come back next week.

I was so angry that day. Now i have two olosho house in Maiduguri.
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by mashad(m): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:

Odiegu!
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by MajesticKris: 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
Na said they where Into "Selling information" grin grin

OBku4:

Yahoo yahoo cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Ekaka1(m): 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
DonDemu:

Good try Linus grin
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by yourstruly5(m): 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
oloriT:
Hmmm, i have been embarrassed on several occasions.
Firstly,I told this lady close to my house I was in search of a job,as aunty was working with a very big international company. She gave me her email and asked me to send my CV. Months after, aunty stopped responding to my greetings when passing by.

Second one, after messaging this lady,she later gave me a very nice insult. It ruined my day and I felt like crying.

I know God will do something soon sha. I will get a job soon in Jesus name. Amen

Pele my dear. Good news is coming on your way already
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Xinox: 12:36am On Aug 14, 2020
Nuttella:
I finished my NYSC as a fresh babe, I had high hopes, there was this highly influential man on my Facebook that had promised to collect my CV after my NYSC, immediately I finished my NYSC, I talked with him, he said thankGod you are done, it's not easy, then I asked him if I could send my CV to him now that I'm done since he said I should do so when I'm done, this man kept my message on read, I still chatted him up again and again, he still kept my message on read. I bet he was especting punna before he gives me the slot, but this baby girl wasn't gonna part with it. wink

Men will shame you!
my dear your experience is a good example for people not to depend on man. It happened to me severally.
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by seunny4lif(m): 1:50am On Aug 14, 2020
Have you done your introduction and main wedding which is Tradition marriage?
If you have done that then court wedding is the only official marriage certificate from Nigeria if you want to travel out
JERRYxed12:

I told her last year meat get married, she said she need to concentrate on ur studies and when she is done we get married.... I have paied her bride price it is just remaining white wedding......

and no worry God will give you or own... remember every man in this life has a true love and u will find urs

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by Ajibade123(m): 1:57am On Aug 14, 2020
nairalee:
Got a message that I've been shortlisted for the company interview. They dropped the address. I couldn't even remember which of my numerous applications was inviting me.

Spent the entire remaining days reading hard, starched my shirt, ironed, wore tie, prayed and fasted, abstained from sin, bind my entire villagers.

Only to get there and saw my haggard looking "interviewers" claiming they have millions. Congratulating me on getting the job before finally confessing that they're just GNLD.

I immediately off my tie and hid it in my envelop.
please bro what is GNLD what do they do
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 3:43am On Aug 14, 2020
principi:
That was in 2017. I had written my finals the previous year so I needed to get my hands busy.

I heard there was an opening at a hotel in Calabar

That's my true life tale.

Finally, I met someone from my state on nairaland.
Re: What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment While Job Hunting. by kayo80(m): 5:12am On Aug 14, 2020
Geypya:

Lol e mean say u no send be that. But not everybody get your kind of personalty.

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Npower Selective Allowance Payment: We Have Not Been Paid!!! / The Nigerian Navy Recruitment Result (NNBTS BATCH 21) / Maersk Graduate Programme 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.