Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,532 members, 7,954,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:00 PM

Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media (58113 Views)

Policeman Beats Woman To Coma In Lagos (Photos) / UNIPORT Criminology Graduate Caught Stealing In GTBank In Port-Harcourt. Photos / 3 Ladies From Other African Countries Caught Stealing In Lagos(photos,videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by angelfallz(m): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2020
PassingShot:

Rubbish and nonsense post just to support the battering!

Jesus flogged thieves in the temple.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by wingmanIII: 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2020
kingzizzy:

But he also saved Mary Magdalene from jungle justice

Mary did not fornicate in the church or synagogue. I believe he would have flogged her himself for desecrating God's house.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Omoluabi16(m): 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
Arrewa:
Religious bigots oya....

Make una come stereotype and insult Christianity.

No you will not... You will rather blame the pastor in other not go against your pre existing belief.

But you will rush to insult Islam whenever any imam or alfa Jonse!

Muslims imams don't even commit half of the atrocities your pastors used to commit in the name of Christianity.

Hypocrites!

Embrace humanity and free yourself from mental captivity!

Arne shege banza!
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by angelfallz(m): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
This is really unfortunate. The amount of stealing that goes on in churches is really bad. Ladies can't even stand up without leaving their hand bags unattended to.
Some people even steal offering money too. That is really bad.

I support the priest, he did not do anything wrong. Those of you saying what he did is jungle justice don't know what jungle justice is.
Those of you asking or saying what would Jesus Christ have done, remember Jesus Christ flogged those that wanted to turn the temple (his father's house) into a den of thieves.
In the end priests are human beings just like you and I. Some of you pretend, like you wouldn't even do worse than the priest.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by freeborn02: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Priest, but you don't consult God before stealing the tithe and offering?
Mr priest, hope you're without sin??
Because only he who is without sin has the right to cast a stone..let that lady be, if she were your daughter, you won't handle the situation that way

The catholic church is not like your pentecostal organization of excited and celebrated thieves where stealing Tithe and offering is a norm.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by mrsoludomeka(m): 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
What a wicked priest,atleast you should have forgived her,your just like christ sent to preach the gospel.after all jesus christ forgived the wowan with an issue of blood in the new testament of the bible..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by angelfallz(m): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nuttella:
Very bad, Jesus will not do this.

Jesus Christ flogged thieves out of the temple
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by angelfallz(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2020
Afam4eva:
I can already see that some Christian are trying to twist the narrative. The point is not whether she stole, why did the priest have to administer jungle justice instead of handing her over to the police. We need his name so that we can act accordingly.

You are not making sense.
Define jungle justice
Also, it is not every case of stealing that you hand over to the police.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 13, 2020
SmartProf:
Persons who won't dare to steal in a shrine will attempt to steal in church since they know that God is merciful. The priest just demonstrated that he can also preach to her by flogging the demon of theft out of her...stealing cannot be the best way out of poverty, cos she could have accessed the church for help and they would have obliged. For critics who will question why she wasn't rather counselled by the priest..I believe that the counselling will make more sense during & after the beatings.

I wonder how this rubbish got 121 likes. It shows we have lots of stupid here.

Maybe Jesus should have beaten the lady accused of fornication before telling her to go and sin no more. Mtchewwww.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by authority2006(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Good.
After the light beating,load her with palliatives and set her free.
Not like the ones who would amputate or burn

Lol. Not palliatives but panel beating. He could have beaten her to death if not for the intervention of the church members. Yet, you're still shameless to make comparison. You have been brainwashed my friend
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Bar1941(m): 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2020
SmartProf:
Persons who won't dare to steal in a shrine will attempt to steal in church since they know that God is merciful. The priest just demonstrated that he can also preach to her by flogging the demon of theft out of her...stealing cannot be the best way out of poverty, cos she could have accessed the church for help and they would have obliged. For critics who will question why she wasn't rather counselled by the priest..I believe that the counselling will make more sense during & after the beatings.

Brainwashed religious bigot, you still have a way to justify the ungodly act from your so called "man of God"? Your so called priests that will welcome and praise the thieves that embezzled the resources meant for your unborn generations is their battering a petty thief over a token. In a sane society, your so called priest should be cooling things off in police custody by now and will surely have his credibility at stake for beating a woman.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Bahamas95(m): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Urhobo people say ......

Oji cho oji
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
Bunnatex:

How many times have that been done for everyone's need? The only collection sanctioned are those from either dioceses, Rome or the one for particular need of the church . Not individual

Am sure you are not a Catholic to say this.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by priscaoge(f): 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
wingmanIII:

You have no bloody truth. Convince me that you have slept with a priest then we can talk. If not you are just repeating fairy tales

Lwkmd cheesy cheesy cheesy Now I know your IQ is lower than your shoe size. Pls move on and stop typing rubbish defending wicked and bunch of sinners you worship like god!

For the records, I DID NOT TAG YOU IN MY COMMENT! I DID NOT INVITE YOU EITHER! So your comments and arguments are irrelevant, stop attacking people who has a different opinion!

Catholic Priests are not saints! We have bunch of Gays among them. Come to Lekki/Ajah, I will show you one!

Can this wicked man that calls himself a Priest swear that he has never sinned, stolen, slept with anyone, committed any kind of sin in his entire life?? What gave him the guts to beat and humiliate the woman like this Even the Bible said, “LET HE WITHOUT SIN BE THE FIRST TO CAST A STONE”, did any of them touch the prostitute?? No!

Sinners judging others for sinning differently! A priest in my home church was dismissed because he aborted a 17yr old girl her pregnancy just so she won’t disgrace him. Today the Priest is married with 3kids and his wife attends Assemblies Church of God. Stop defending shiiiiiit unless you are one of them. Bunch of hypocrites!

Y’all judgement and punishment will be double in HELL! Continue grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by SmartProf(m): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2020
Bar1941:

Brainwashed religious bigot, you still have a way to justify the ungodly act from your so called "man of God"? Your so called priests that will welcome and praise the thieves that embezzled the resources meant for your unborn generations is their battering a petty thief over a token. In a sane society, your so called priest should be cooling things off in police custody by now and will surely have his credibility at stake for beating a woman.
Kindly provide first class hospitality for any thief who visit your house.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Donrev0147: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2020
SmartProf:

That wasn't the normal thing he could have done as a priest.
Psychologically ,father failed.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by kingzizzy: 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
wingmanIII:

Mary did not fornicate in the church or synagogue. I believe he would have flogged her himself for desecrating God's house.

The bottomline here is that the Catholic priest should have been priestly. He succumbed to anger and was ready to descend so low as to become a common thug who rains slaps and blows on people. No one is allowed by law to take the law into their hands, even against criminal suspects caught red handed.

A Catholic priest should be of high moral standards. This Catholic priest let down the Catholic church down by his bad conduct

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Sleekfingers: 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
OlawaleBammie:
What are we saying and what are u saying??

is religion not a scam? Especially christianity and islam....
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by SmartProf(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
dario078:

I wonder how this rubbish got 121 likes. It shows we have lots of stupid here.

Maybe Jesus should have beaten the lady accused of fornication before telling her to go and sin no more. Mtchewwww.
You've quickly forgotten that the same Jesus flogged money changers severely and called them thieves in a place that was meant to be a house of prayer. I see how wise you are.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by desiredhome: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2020
wingmanIII:

And when you steal from the temple of God what are you doing? Profit making or loss?

That is the reason the pastor was supposed to investigate the reason of her action and not to beat or embarrasse her, especially if she is an active member of the church...... how are you now different from the world?
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by samuelson06(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Why would any sane person steal in the church for Christ's sake? The church in its wisdom has already established "St Vicent the Paul" to cater for the needy. You can meet them with a number of your problems. They will try their best to assist.

Again, she can meet the priest to see how he can assist financially. He can present a problem in the church for general collection as in the culture of the catholic church. Why steal people's offering?

I wish the catholic priest never uploaded it on social media. It is unpriestly to do that. I believe he got angry for numerous similar stealing in the past. But as a priest, he should learn to have control of his anger. May God continue to comfort our priests everywhere in the world. It is not easy to be a priest at all.

You have spoken well.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by maitrelalley1(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
Arrewa:
Religious bigots oya....

No you will not... You will rather blame the pastor in other not go against your pre existing belief.

Muslims imams don't even commit half of the atrocities your pastors used to commit in the name of Christianity.

Hypocrites!

Im wondering who the greater bigot is.......boosit
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Sleekfingers: 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
Afam4eva:
I can already see that some Christian are trying to twist the narrative. The point is not whether she stole, why did the priest have to administer jungle justice instead of handing her over to the police. We need his name so that we can act accordingly.

i tire o...as a priest why not even talk to her, pray for her etc...or better still hand over to the police.... Can u imagine such a barbaric act coming from a priest....and this same idiot will be preaching about forgiveness....hypocrite
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Sleekfingers: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
adioolayi:
If you truly watch the video...to me, what I saw was a father condemning a bad act of a child. No big deal in the beating. He was angry, beat her and was restrained. He stopped beating afterwards and was just asking questions afterwards. No big issue here

no big deal in the beating abi? He is a priest for heaven sake...he should lead by example....this kinda priest go dey slap his wife o....

Yeye priest....una jesus self call them hypocrites...
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by mamato(f): 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
Jesus flogged those that were transacting in the house of God. According to the priest, this is not the first time the chapel has been broken.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by majamajic(m): 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
generalwo:
...... Stealing is bad but this so called priest is an anti christ.... Other true men of God will use this opportunity to attempt to change the woman's life for good to draw her closer to God but this man's actions will chase alot of people from the church..... Going physical on her.... Number one sin.... Violating her right.... Offense number 2...anger... Offense number 3 and uploading this shit on Facebook..... Offense number 4.....the church should expunge such characters else they will lose the reason they are called a church in the 1st instance..... SALVATION to lost souls

So it's the Reverend that took this video ? And upload it too ?

What he did was wrong but I don't think he was the one that upload it , someone else did
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by dokie: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2020
OutsideTheBox:
So Nigerian police now rape people?

What does rape even have to do with this issue, or why did that come to your mind? I don't get

Bro are you sure you are thinking outside the box?

Maybe you don't know how the NPF treats female nobodies.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Evilgenuis: 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2020
Arrewa:
Religious bigots oya....

Hypocrites!

Which atrocity is bigger than terrorism and killing your fellow human cause he blasted against a paedophile of a prophet angry angry angry grin
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Sleekfingers: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

What did Jesus do to those found desecrating the Temple? He flogged them out and scattered their wares.

Imagine how long d lady has been doing that, they kept changing key and she kept breaking the box.

She deserves to be beaten, after that she will undergo counseling.

However I don't support the uploading of the video cos we are all sinners and Catholic priests are not supposed to reveal sins confessed.

do u have the right to beat any thief? Bunch of uncivilized people,,,why not hand her over to the police or counsel her....is this the forgiveness all these nitwits preach about......as a matter of fact, the priest is a disgrace.......i am darn sure if this shit happen in italy...the priest will called for questioning or suspended ...
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
Back in my parish those days, a woman will come into the church during the week when she knows that there won't be anyone around.

She'd climb the sanctuary, remove the altar cloths, remove her cloths and wrap the altar cloths around her body before wearing her cloths again.

The parish priest, an Irish man would observe her going into the church from the parish office and observe her leaving.

He'd notice that she was a bit bigger when she was leaving. grin grin grin

Until the day she was caught.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by Omon605(m): 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2020
[quote author=SmartProf post=92775647]Persons who won't dare to steal in a shrine will attempt to steal in church since they know that God is merciful. The priest just demonstrated that he can also preach to her by flogging the demon of theft out of her...stealing cannot be the best way out of poverty, cos she could have accessed the church for help and they would have obliged. For critics who will question why she wasn't rather counselled by the priest..I believe that the counselling will make more sense during & after the beatings.[/quote

]We all see from different angle. I believe that is the best place for her to do that, because the church doesn't need the money, is people like this that need the money. If really the money is for God as we normally preach in the church and God is our Father and creator, the lady stole from her father and is not the function of the Rev. Father to help God to beat her. I see no reason why the priest should be beating her because she stole from her father, if the money she stole belong to the church. Anytime we went to church to complained about the worldly travails we are always told by the Rev. Fathers to leave everything for God, why can't the priest leave the woman for God?
Again the church is met for people like these, churches are not met for the Saint because if you are a Saint there's no reason going to church. Church is a place of reformation and transformation to live a Godly life, is not a place for the Saint but a place for thieves, criminals, armed robbers, fornicators etc. These are the kind people the church is met for, for their redemption. All what the Father suppose to have done is to investigate the reason behind the woman stealing and look for a way to help her out of it without even trying to shamed her in any form. What will this father preach to this woman tomorrow? That if anybody err the person must be beating up or disgrace? Is that what Christ Jesus teaches us as a Christian? We all (the priest inclusive) have sinned and yet God forgive us. The father should go and beg the lady for forgiveness:
1. For overreaction
2. For the disgrace and
3. For the beating
After all these he should look for a way on how to help her because these are the type of people God called him for. If people like this doesn't exist there is no need for the church and there's no need for the priest either. Most people seem churches as a place for holy people which is very wrong.
Re: Catholic Priest Beats Woman Caught Stealing In Church, Posts It On Socia Media by obinna7: 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2020
The priest has no right to beat a woman or a human being. totally wrong
SmartProf:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Female POS Operator Disarms Two Armed Robbers In Edo / Nigerian Woman's Kidney In Italy Removed Illegally / Scammers Are Using Dooshima Dennis, Pretty Female Firefighter's Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.