Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,798 members, 7,844,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? (380 Views)

Events Of The Great Tribulation / Will Great Tribulation Take Place Before The Rapture? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2020
To understand what the great tribulation is we need to answer these questions...

1. What does tribulation mean, and why was the adjective 'Great' used to qualify it?

2. Why the great tribulation?

3. Who are the actors and events surrounding the great tribulation

4. Who is spear heading the great tribulation

5. What does the Bible say about the great tribulation?

6. Who are those that would be free from the great tribulation?

7. Are there already signs towards the great tribulation?
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 10:40am On Aug 14, 2020
1. From the English dictionary

The word tribulation means, "Any adversity; a trying period or event"

Great shows how much of a adversity, How much of a trying period, how much of an event it would be!

Now let see what Jesus said,
Matthew 24:21-22 "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

To be continued... Stay tuned!!! Daddy got to go to work
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 14, 2020
Look up old threads for this topic. This topic has been overflogged in previous threads. I wonder why creating it afresh again.
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 14, 2020
obonujoker:

Great shows how much of a adversity, How much of a trying period, how much of an event it would be!

Matthew 24:21-22 "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Ok daddy, I'll be waiting for you by then. Daughter got to go for her business too. cheesy grin..

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2020
Brachaa:
Look up old threads for this topic. This topic has been overflogged in previous threads. I wonder why creating it afresh again.

Want to really understand some points

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2020
obonujoker:

Want to really understand some points

Will you be pleased if i share the secret i found in the Bible with you on the topic?
But before i do note that i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
Maximus69:

Will you be pleased if i share the secret i found in the Bible with you on the topic?
But before i do note that i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

Yes share it on the thread sir
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by MrPresident1: 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
obonujoker:
To understand what the great tribulation is we need to answer these questions...

1. What does tribulation mean, and why was the adjective 'Great' used to qualify it?

The great tribulation is everything that black people have faced from around 1500/1600 till date (ended 14th August 2017).

Trans-Saharan slavery, transatlantic slavery, colonialism, Jim Crow laws, neocolonialism etc., they are all attributes of the great tribulation.
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
obonujoker:

Satan has been ruling the entire inhabited earth right after the rebellion in the garden of Eden, his rulership has brought injustice, crime, pain and suffering to mankind, when it's time to remove him from power, Jesus will dispatch angels to monitor the activities of true Christians as they're preaching and teaching their neighbours how to escape the coming destruction of Satan's rule.

Satan and his fellow rebellious angels will protest because many people will be freed from their spiritual bondage, their ignorant gaggles unknowingly working as Satan's agents amongst humans will be carried away by the agitation of these powerful unseen intelligent beings.
With this explanation i think you can figure out why such period will be filled with tribulation and a GREAT one indeed! smiley

All these has been answered along with the first question!

Many prophecies regarding Christ says a lot about the great tribulation because of the part Jesus will play during the event. Daniel 12:1, 10

This is the most difficult of all your questions, because most people think it's just by being good or by saying "i believe in Jesus/God".
Note what verse 10 of that Bible book of Daniel 12 say "many will cleanse and whiten themselves and be refined, while the wicked ones continue to act wickedly, and the wicked will not understand but those having insight will"
So how can sincere people identify these ones?
Well let's consider what Malachi has to say

"at that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening and a BOOK OF REMEMBRANCE WAS WRITTEN before him for those fearing Jehovah and for those meditating on his name" Malachi 3:16

Do you note that Malachi said you will see a group of religionsists always discussing with their neighbours on how we can worship God acceptably? Malachi 3:18
Do you also note that God will command angels to start WRITING DOWN their names?

Well i need not keep you in suspense my friend, that's what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing all around our neighbourhood today! God is paying attention to see who truly appreciate his word and cherish it not those who just feel it's a Sunday Sunday medicine. For your information Sir, that's how your name can enter into the book of life! Revelations 20:15 compare to Malachi 3:16

The first sign towards the great tribulation began unfolding as far back as 1914, Jehovah's Witnesses have been talking about that year that something is about to happen but since Jesus has not been given the authority to start ruling in heaven he had NO right to intervene in whatever is happening on planet earth, that year God ordered Jesus to start ruling and immediately Jesus sent Satan and all other rebellious angels out of heaven {Revelations 12:7-9} immediately the earth felt the presence of unseen aliens, people were possessed in large numbers and because the demons were dragging territories over which they will rule, and a war broke out amongst those who have been possessed WORLD WAR 1! Revelations 6:1-8 but pay rapt attention to verse 3-4
Then after that war a great famine followed, and sicknesses and diseases began spreading due to the carcasses of those who died during the wars, then people started looking for easier ways to solve their problems, then false prophets came performing great signs to organize different religions and to gather people, in 1918 those leading the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses were all imprisoned and sentenced to long jail terms {Matthew 24:7-14} but they were released miraculously in the year 1919 and immediately they began this house to house preaching you and i know today until it's 100 years last year when Covid19 came to stop Jehovah's Witnesses globally from their house to house preaching and teaching program.
So it was 1919 ~ 2019 due to Covid19!

Sure my friend, there is more than enough signs pointing towards the great tribulation! smiley
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Obonujoker....
I'm waiting.

Continue from where you stopped.
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
obonujoker:

Please continue from here Sir.
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
"Try the spirits!" The spirit of "Tribulation" refers to Troubles.

Therefore, the True Name and spirit of Tribulations means "Trouble-lations" (Troubles Every Where)

Therefore, Great Tribulations means great and plenty Troubles Every Where!

Do you all not see that there is Troubles Every Where in the world?
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 15, 2020
There are many traps Satan has set to catch people unaware but thanks to our God who sent his only begotten son to open our eyes in order to beat Satan in his own game.
Right after Adam and Eve were driven out of the garden of Eden Satan began working on how to get everyone to rebel against God. Of course he will not just do so by making every man a killer or by making every woman a prostitute. All he needs to do is create more channels that will look exactly like that of God but leading off to destruction! Proverbs 14:12, 16:25

So you'll see many religions all saying "do not kill, do not still, do not lie, don't do this, don't do that" and surely you'll find seemingly nice and kind-hearted persons practicing such religion.
But if you calm down to look carefully into the so call religion you'll find out that it can't maintain LOVE, JOY and PEACE within those practicing it!
WHY?
Because those are the attributes of God and there is no demon that can gather people and make such attributes work in their midst! The kind-hearted and sincere persons in false religion is showing you that God created us to be good but as times goes on, Satan's religions will turn those seemingly good people to murderers.
For instance, i was a soldier and a Muslim, i never thought for once that it's bad to kill someone who never offended me, but my job is to go out there and protect my people.
Now i believe in God and the people i'm about to go and kill also claim to believe in God, so why is it so difficult for us to settle matters amicably rather than having to kill one another?
Note that by going to war i'll kill my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters all in the name of fighting for my nation! Yet i believe that God not man owns the whole earth and all that is in it! Psalms 24:1
It was until i met JWs that i first heard from them that it's still the same as killing my neighbour if i should pick up weapons against anyone! Matthew 26:52
I asked them "but even Israelites of ancient times do go to war!"
Then i was made to understand that the Israelites were fighting for God because it's God that asked them to establish pure worship in the land of Canaan but Satan is trying to eradicate the worship of God, that's why God asked them to kill anyone who is standing against pure worship. And they made me understand that even at that, the Israelites were not permitted by God to go and fight others who have no problem with them, no matter what form of religion those people practice so far they're not coming to attack Israel God never sent Israelites to fight for any reason whatsoever unless to protect pure worship! undecided
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2020
Continuation

2. Why the great tribulation

The great tribulation (great trial or great persecution) is the Antichrist war against the saints of God. God allows the Antichrist to wear out the saints( Try the saint; those who profess to love God, whether it's by mouth or by heart). The Antichrist through the devil will think they can rule over the Earth, but lovers of God won't accept due to immoral laws and a lot of evil being perpetrated at that time.

Daniel 8:23-25 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Daniel 7:21-22 :I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Matthew 24:9-12 : "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold".]/b]

These are the words of the LORD JESUS CHRIST... Who is the beginning and the end; the first and the last.

Also Daniel talked about the abominations...

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the [b]overspreading of abominations
he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Let's look at Daniel 7:21-22

1. Who are the saints of the most high God?? Aren't they the ones who believe in God?? Aren't they the Church??

2. Who are the saints that possess the kingdom of God, after Jesus has destroyed the Antichrist? Are they not the same saints as the saints most high God??

3. Now what qualifies us to become saints of God??

Isnt this by believing and accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour and living as God wants us to live in heaven, on Earth?? As St Paul rightly said, we are ambassadors for Christ??(2Corinthians 5:20)...

So can we conclude now that the saints Daniel talked about are the Christians
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2020
Brachaa... cheesy
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 11:38am On Aug 30, 2020
3. Actors abd events in the tribulation

Tribulation means persecution.

1. The Antichrist and the false prophets
2. People of the world

1. People who wouldn't want to succumb to the abominations of the Antichrist, thus will be greatly threatened by taking his mark, or do not buy or sell

2. And because the gospel of the kingdom must be preached to all parts of the world as a witness to all Nations, the Antichrist and his people will term "the saints of God" as haters, and then like Jesus said, the persecution will be too much, that if not for the elect sake, no one should be saved...

You either choose Jesus or Die, or choose the Devil and enjoy whatever you want for the limited time the Antichrist has...

But Jesus said, "he that continues to the end shall be saved"

Was Jesus talking to the tribulation Saints angry here (those some people assume will be left behind)??

Or was he talking to every one who has identified to be with God, come rain , come sunshine??
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 30, 2020
obonujoker:
Brachaa... cheesy

Yes Sir. cheesy

Happy Sunday.smiley

Thanks for the long awaited continuation. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 11:49am On Aug 30, 2020
4. Who is spearheading the great tribulation

The Devil is the one spearheading this event with through the Antichrist .

The Devil believes he can claim the world by eliminating the children of God, but as Christians, we know it's a deceit to trick humanity to be punished with him in the lake of fire at the last day.

Some persons will willingly identify with the devil because of illumination of pseudo glamour that the false prophet will propagate during that period, but as Daniel rightly said, Dan 9:32, "those that know their God shall be strong and do exploits"

God will never trouble his children. The devil is the great troubler, the persecutor... He needs humanity to be destroyed with him so he's doing it with all fierceness to stop the goodness... However before he can wear out the people of God, the Lord Jesus will come to Rapture his people (those dead and those still alive, who have endured, and never give in to pleasure and persecution)... After the Rapture, then the wrath of God begins to pour out ...

So we as children of God won't be here to partake in the wrath of God... Only those who have identified with the devil...

If you read Revelations, the Bible said although the wrath of God was poured out on men, they still didn't repent or turn to God, rather the Antichrist will gather them to fight against Jesus Christ, which will usher in the millennial reign!

Hallelujah!!!
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2020

The only people who won't be persecuted are those who have already received the mark of the beast willingly or threatened.

The devil has won them, so why the need to persecute them again??

The saints of God will be the ones to be persecuted all over the world, and many will die for Jesus while also spreading the goodnews of Jesus Christ... Many persons will be converted too at this time.... And because of this, the rage of the devil will be too much... And as the Bible says in Revelations,........
Revelation 12:11.... "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death".

Revelation 7:13-14 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

May God help us... Amen...
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 30, 2020
author=obonujoker post=93384057]Continuation

The great tribulation (great trial or great persecution) is the Antichrist war against the saints of God. God allows the Antichrist to wear out the saints( Try the saint; those who profess to love God, whether it's by mouth or by heart). The Antichrist through the devil will think they can rule over the Earth, but lovers of God won't accept due to immoral laws and a lot of evil being perpetrated at that time.

@ The bolded above, The saints will not be made to face the great tribulation neither will God allow the Antichrist to wear out the saints because the saints will have been raptured before the Great Tribulation and the Antichrist will not appear until after rapture. So there won't be any such case.

Now, the "saints" that might face the Antichrist are those unbelievers who will be left behind after the rature but accept Christ at the die minute by refusing the mark of the beast and paying with their own blood.

Now what qualifies us to become saints of God??

Accepting Jesus Christ as our personal lord and savior.

So can we conclude now that the saints Daniel talked about are the Christians

Yes they are.

Shalom.
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
7. Are there signs towards the great tribulation

Yes there already are.

One of them is the covid-19 sign. Many churches were closed. Many Christians couldn't stand up for Christ ... Many Christians even spoke against men of God, against many other Christians and the Bible.
Just like Jesus said, and they shall betray one another, and because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Do you think covid-19 will deter the early apostles of Jesus??

2. Another sign is the homosexuality deeds coming up these days.. lol, some Christians now play with Sin and abominations, that it doesn't mean... How then have you identified with Christ?? You are not ready to suffer in Jesus name, and you believe even if Rapture comes before tribulation, you'd go anywhere??

Some Christians now collect, pay and support bribery and corruption because they don't want to go to prison or face persecution rather than standing for Christ. Lol....

3. Another sign is the vaccination chip in play already... Someone asked on Twitter, "will you collect a chip to secure a job"... Hunger and world problems will make many Christians denounce their faith...

4. Remember a great falling away (Apostasy) is coming... What will bring about it... Hunger, persecution, compromises, love of the world etc....

5. Another sign is many false prophets and churches are abound these days too etc...
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2020
Finally, the most important thing is always be ready.... What matters most is that we be amongst the Lord's Army on the day... Whether Rapture before tribulation, or tribulation before Rapture, What matters most to us is heaven at last

Let's all keep praying and begging God for mercy and Grace just as we are admonished by St Peter

1 Peter 5:7-11 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Amen
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2020
Brachaa:
author=obonujoker post=93384057]Continuation

@ The bolded above, The saints will not be made to face the great tribulation neither will God allow the Antichrist to wear out the saints because the saints will have been raptured before the Great Tribulation and the Antichrist will not appear until after rapture. So there won't be any such case.

Now, the "saints" that might face the Antichrist are those unbelievers who will be left behind after the rature but accept Christ at the die minute by refusing the mark of the beast and paying with their own blood.

Accepting Jesus Christ as our personal lord and savior.

Yes they are.

Shalom.

Can you show scriptures to prove that bolded!!!
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2020
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2020

Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
More....

What can be clearer than the word of God...??

Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
obonujoker:

See this dear...

Let's learn to follow what the Bible says

Ok.

May God guide us all into the truth of his word.
Re: What Really Is The GREAT TRIBULATION From The Bible? by obonujoker(m): 1:35pm On Aug 30, 2020
Brachaa:

Ok.

May God guide us all into the truth of his word.

Amen

(1) (Reply)

Living A Purposeful Life As A Christian / A Reflection From Dele Momodu's Opinion On The 2020 CAMA Laws / For Spiritual Medication Of The Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.