Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics (59402 Views)

Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. / After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by totit: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
Cheeiiiii
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by 4Play(m): 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
So Imo which is a short drive away from Anambra has more than 3 times the unemployment level in Anambra, surely that will mean that the unemployed in Imo will migrate to Anambra reducing the disparity in unemployment levels.

Remember also that, according to the NBS, the residents of Ebonyi, and indeed the North, are significantly poorer than Imo residents but at the same time are far more likely to be in employment than Imo residents. So an unemployed population (Imo) has less poverty than an employed population (Ebonyi).

NBS stats tend to confound logic, people have actually been paid a lot of money to compile this data!

6 Likes

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by bewla(m): 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Vyzz:
Let me take my sit....

And wait for one guy

Modified :

Would u include farmers and businessman who make twice the amount people with white collar jobs make in a month?...

Even though... Nigeria is suffering from unemployment among many... I no go lie
him they behind u
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by SAYFITTUTORS: 6:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
ICAN VICTORY REVISION CLASSES
Have you heard about
revision classes like no other at ALL levels for September 2020 ICAN examinations? Then what are you waiting for?Join the BRAIN opening revision sessions with Experienced & Exposed facilitators on Saturday August 22 till Sunday September 6 between 8am to 6pm. This is taking place at SAYFIT Professional Tutors, Victory High School, Abule Bus Stop, near Sheraton Hotel, Ikeja. The fee chargeable is affordable, you are free to invite others to join the SUCCESS TRAIN. It takes AGGRESSION to take PROGRESSION. Call SOYE: 0802-871-9480
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by BreconHills(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
damosade:
Do we really have correct database in the country?
Some stasticians hiding under one one guova tree will be using some stupid hand made formulae to guess our real status.
Income to population ratio in the far North does not need any summation F of X to tell us they should be at the top. Every southerner states has almajiris and babialha women.
Why giving us wrong info when our eyes sees the state of things korokoro.
God punish them all.

The data may be correct. But data does not always tell the whole story.

The North is largely a feudal agrarian society and as such, they may experience underemployment but in such societies, there is always something to do that person will not consider beneath themselves. Northern society is also far less individualistic and "competitive than southern societies. Community collaboration ( including work sharing) is much higher than in the south and those who cannot find any jobs simply migrate southwards. Employment is not simply a matter of "job of no job". It includes the existence of undesirable jobs that remain unfilled. This is more likely to happen in an educated cosmopolitan society. In the North undesirable and unfilled jobs are rare.

Sometimes we need to look with more care at the western concept of success and prosperity.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by bewla(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
Buhari2023:
Most people don't work in IMO state.
Imo state is a place of POPORI grin
Na make Hotels and club full there.

Imo state is a place you go and spend money

The truth is that imo state are mostly business owners, Civil servants and lastly full time G boys Money is only spent in imo state not made.
Night life there na gbogbo grin
what about the clubs and hotels don't they get paid I mean bar man waitress and cleaner and the rest do they life and operate from outside
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Bobbyfreshh(m): 6:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Lol yemi kale on the beat again grin e be like Igbo man bin fûck that man wife

Calm down IMO na business(entertainment) hub , we aren't talking white collar jobs . night life na bomb for that state
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by mumumugu(m): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
Mariopgomery:
Imo state? I strongly disagree with this findings, I'm not from imo state but I've been around Nigeria and zamfara state should be number one followed closely by all other northern states.

Unemployment rate is calculated by number of graduates with respect to unemployed.

Imo has highest graduates in nigeria.zamfara. do they even have a university?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by SmartPolician: 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
Anazp:
do you think self employment wasn't factored into the data? There are different forms of employment so self employment is one must them and must have been factored in by the NBS

Huncle, Nigeria has no data

Let's stop fooling ourselves
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Jeffyblaq(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
Glossyclick:
If you want to spend your money come to Owerri and get first class treatment.
Full time G boys and fine girls ❤️❤️❤️
There's must be consequences to dis bad omen..

Hope you kno dis?
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by TooGod247(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
lol i believe this is a hate speech against my imo, ministry of information wat are u doing give dem 5million fine joor, #say no to hate speech against my IMO#
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Vyzz: 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2020
bewla:
him they behind u

Of course...

He will always be behind me and those he despise...

I haven't see him sef

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Atm99(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2020
Buhari2023:

The truth is that imo state are mostly business owners, Civil servants and lastly full time G boys Money is only spent in imo state not made.
you are not lieing

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by totit: 6:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
Oya, if you are from imo state on this platform identity yourself I want to tell you something wonderful. grin cool wink

2 Likes

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Ikennamurphy: 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
4Play:
[s] So Imo which is a short drive away from Anambra has more than 3 times the unemployment level in Anambra, surely that will mean that the unemployed in Imo will migrate to Anambra reducing the disparity in unemployment levels.

Remember also that, according to the NBS, the residents of Ebonyi, and indeed the North, are significantly poorer than Imo residents but at the same time are far more likely to be in employment than Imo residents. So an unemployed population (Imo) has less poverty than an employed population (Ebonyi).

NBS stats tend to confound logic, people have actually been paid a lot of money to compile this data[/s] !
Focus on your unemployment stricken imo state said to have worst unemployment than anywhere else in Nigeria and leave Ebonyi alone.. You're so confused, In your small brain how can bunch of useless unemployed Imolites have less poverty than employed people.. Doesn't it sound somehow to your ear..

Truth is that imo state has nothing in stock aside yahoo yahoo and prostitution by its women.. Even your governor is a fake supreme court governor... Nothing works in imo

An Ebonyi person will rather do any job to survive than be jobless and lazy like ndị imo undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by bewla(m): 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
Vyzz:

Of course...

He will always be behind me and those he despise...

I haven't see him sef
Chop norku

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by kolade560: 6:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
Buhari2023:

true yarn

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by laiperi: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
I am just happy for Anambra.

Honestly, I am tired of gloom economic stat. coming from that area.

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by SmartPolician: 6:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
totit:
Oya, if you are from imo state on this platform identity yourself I want to tell you something wonderful. grin cool wink

Proudly one
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by OLULAW: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2020
Growing up, no one of working age group was jobless. People worked as drivers, plumbers,electricians, bricklayers, builders, teachers, nurses, doctors, shop keepers, tradesmen and women, etc. Graduates had jobs to choose from, often settling for the best. First degree was enough to live a fulfilling life. Only those in the academia pursued postgraduate qualifications. Even so, in subjects such as law and fine arts, terminal masters degree was enough to become professors (e.g. Osinbajo hold no PhD in Law, and MFA was considered terminal degree). Today, there are people with chain of degrees, some acquired from top notch, global universities, who in midlife, have no track record within any careers. Many have suddenly become motivational speakers. The priesthood of Anglican, Methodist, Baptist and Catholic Churches have become a washed with jobless university graduates. Pentecostal churches are pastored by erstwhile jobless young men and women. There are teachers and lecturers in our nation’s educational institutions who have no business being there. Teaching is a calling. Lawyers have largely become charge and bail personnels on many court premises. Many law school graduates are jobless. Many medical school graduates are earning peanuts. It’s a grim state. Sadly, the Nigerian government at local, state and national levels are doing absolutely nothing - short or long term - to rectify or ameliorate the problem. This cannot continue. Hence, one day, Nigeria would self-implode. It would be bloody!
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by beauty7: 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
okay

Vyzz:

SIMPlyleo
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by KrazyDave16(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
oyatz:
For which year?

Me myself I wonder ooo.
Abi they're referring to the high rate of unemployment amongst the guys alone undecided
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by dalass(f): 6:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
nothingspoil70:
Audio business
cheesy
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Penboy: 6:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
Hmm.. Imo state?!
So they did not factor in the number of sex workers in that state niyen.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by antocreative: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
The reason this is so is because Imo has the highest number of graduates, so by proportion they will most likely have the highest number of unemployed youths. You can also check population of people seeking admission or number of people that took jamb, imo is always the highest, so it is only logical that they also have the highest number of people who are denied admission yearly and couldn't enter higher institution. Check out the number of people deployed for nysc yearly...Imo also tops that....

I also believe that they mean 'educated' unemployed people in white-collar jobs...

4 Likes

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Anambra1stS0n: 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
ODVanguard:
Just watch as the same people that reject NBS stats when it doesn't favour them will change gear.
We will know the through statistics when Yemi Kale leave office, we understand the mind games he is playing placing Anambra as the lowest and Imo as the highest, imagine unemployment in Osun higher than Abia.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by nuelyoyo(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
I knew Akwa Ibom will feature in the news. Aks was number one before, Imo has taken that spot now.

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Coldie(m): 6:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
It's higher than that.

No wonder imo state has the highest disaspora population in igbo land

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Coldie(m): 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
nuelyoyo:
I knew Akwa Ibom will feature in the news. Aks was number one before, Imo has taken that spot now.
The news is not correct akwa ibom state is better off than alot of states in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Japhtee(m): 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
Watch how unemployed youth that are waiting for N-power job will come here and be bragging how their state is not on the list. Unemployment in every state is alarming and I wonder how this guys come up with this statistics. Maybe the will stop a youth and ask "are you employed?"
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by oluwaahmed: 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
What about Borno state? Abi boko haram don turn employer of labor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etisalat Nigeria Telecommunication Recruits: Nigria 5th Gsm Company / FRSC Is Recruiting / Future Leaders Programme Graduate (2016) With GSK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.