Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year (39162 Views)

You Thought You Could Win Another Grammy Without My Help? Diddy Mocks Burna Boy. / Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs / Burna Boy’s "Twice As Tall" Album Launched In London (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by larryjimmy7: 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2020
Monkey by grade

iberiberism
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Ibime(m): 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
Made4naijaceo:
If the vibe finish we go still go back to our Wizkid and Davido cheesy cheesy cheesy

Because you like brainless and talentless music

2 Likes

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by iykelight: 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yeyenairaland:
That is the Koko

BURNA is pure talent devoid of unnecessary hype

He is the right musical export that is singing music with content

I am tired of hyping soco soco soco soco
Joro joro joro joro

So true.
Bend Dan low, shake bum, drink on my head
Rubbish
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by GeneralPula: 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
urchcoded:
If na you be the producer, you no go hype am? If you think this album is better than African giant then you no Sabi better thing.

True.. African giant is better than!

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Fucsheetup(f): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2020
Drabeey:
One question guys, what makes the Americans believe their music is better than Africans
Dumbest question I’ve ever read.

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
potbelly:
great publicity for burna cool

abeg who knows the track for the first beat on that video...

the beat dey enter body... cool
alarm clock is like na Diddy produce...
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Olodo24: 7:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Overrated stuff as usual
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Amarisco(f): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
This album was intended to give him a broader audience which explains why a lot of us feel that the album is not better than African Giant. The sound is very varied from start to finish, with features & references from all over the world and different genres - literally.

But he is a true musical creative and the message in each song is super deep.

Remember, for all the hype beasts, he did say he ‘no be here to sing song wey dey con de make u dance azonto’.

Fav track: ‘Wetin dey sup’. cool

9 Likes

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Amarisco(f): 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yeyenairaland:
That is the Koko

Joro joro joro joro

Rubbish
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
Odunolumide:

Listen to their music , omo mehn you go understand.
The way they dance around words dey make me go gaga.
Africans no fit sing hip hop pass people wey get hip hop except if they live there.

Just like Dagrin said : " him no fit rap pass 50cent in English and 50cent no fit rap pass am for Yoruba".
Think about it, he wasn't wrong, was he?

I believe you

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by NoContract(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
nodullin:
This is music with content and message.

Not just shouting upadan!!

Good project

Tell me what is the content and message in the album?

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Ayo081(m): 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
Amarisco:
This album was intended to give him a broader audience which explains why a lot of us feel that the album is not better than African Giant. The sound is very varied from start to finish, with features & references from all over the world and different genres - literally.

But he is a true musical creative and the message in each song is super deep.

Remember, for all the hype beasts, he did say he no ‘be here to sing song wey dey con de make u dance azonto’.

Fav track: ‘Wetin dey sup’. cool
You get sense and you sabi ✋

4 Likes

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by BobbyShmurda007: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Diddy abeg go sit down one side, you don smoke tins finish come here dey hala 'album of the year'

the year don end?

my brother fear 2020 !!!

everything fit just start over again 0 :oDiddy abeg go sit down one side, you don smoke tins finish come here dey hala 'album of the year'

the year don end?

my brother fear 2020 !!!

everything fit just start over again 0
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Clothingonline9(m): 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
Good album more wins Oluwa burner
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by JastSiryin(m): 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ain't saying burna boy ain't tight. But it was this same fool that called DJ Khalids last album a "classic". We all know how that album ended up, yeah you right, in the DUMPSTER! Album of the year my foot.
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
Made4naijaceo:
Yes! Burna Boy's "Twice As Tall" album is officially OUT! And executive producer Diddy has just called it the "Album of the Year!"

After concluding a successful Youtube premiere tonight, Burna Boy's 5th studio album, "Twice As Tall" is now available on all streaming platforms. As part of the build-up, American music mogul, Sean Combs aka Diddy declared, in no uncertain terms, Burna's latest project the "Album of the Year."

Could this be the album that elevates Burna from a Grammy nominee to a Grammy winner? Fingers crossed!

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYTtbF771JU

Lazy Nigerian yoot.
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Fulcrum15: 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
That album is fire mehn!!
Burna makes music in a very unique way mehn.

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by demolinka(m): 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
Burna try but e be like say for dis album he too force that afrobeats vibe sóté the sound come feel patronizing. Afrobeats na easy vibe na...like a dis, like a dat, like a dis, like a dat...dem no dey force am.

Kudos to him though; man's global now.

4 Likes

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Tristandgreatez: 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
Believe
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by sunboy(m): 11:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
Bobbyfreshh:

Calm down international no end for UK....we know as e dey be for Canada and yankee

Bro’s, It already made it to top 10 yankee albums
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by sunboy(m): 12:02am On Aug 15, 2020
Yeyenairaland:
That is the Koko

Joro joro joro joro

Rubbish

For real! You nailed it, soko soko was just what we could find... Burna provides a real talent that’s exportable, a collection that everybody can vibe to irrespective of their race or nationality.

That’s one of the things Fela achieved effortlessly.

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by sunboy(m): 12:06am On Aug 15, 2020
vioment:
Lol. I no know why burna boy no focus for him craft and market which is to naijans, africans, and carribeans.

Learn from d banj.
Yankees rap and sing different. You for perfect your naija style instead of getting big headed.

Have you listened to that album ? I haven’t seen where he deviated from Afro-ish vibe. He sticked to Afro content, he sticked to Yoruba and Broken English ... then made it sound better ... how else do you perfect your local content while presenting it to the world to showcase what we can do from Africa?
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Asahi: 2:23am On Aug 15, 2020
Other Africans are goin to be so pressed.
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by jy2kbeyond(m): 4:33am On Aug 15, 2020
SamJed:
bro how genuine is this

Egungun bikiaful
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by dadycology: 5:31am On Aug 15, 2020
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by dadycology: 5:38am On Aug 15, 2020
Man's been TALL from way back.

Man's been blooming like never before.

Man has become TWICE AS TALL.

Everything for the album dey protrude maaad energy!

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Tedpgrass: 6:37am On Aug 15, 2020
It's got great lyrics..
Feeling...... Monsters we made, Level Up, 23, Bank on it

Bb dropping it hot!!

2 Likes

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Drizzy5001(m): 7:54am On Aug 15, 2020
Wizkid don fade finish sad
Burna boy don take over
Davido na small boy grin
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by firstratedcitiz(m): 8:20am On Aug 15, 2020
Go away!
Olaseun1470:
I just confirmed my second withdrawal in a space of 3 days. It's Legit and paying guys.. Don't sleep on this..
If you know about bitcoin and want to make good profits in bitcoin, trade with trustfore limited. Begin with as little as $50 to start earning.
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by jaxxy(m): 8:31am On Aug 15, 2020
MASTAkiLLAh:
Wizkid and Co should learn from Burna Boy what an international album actually entails cool

No doubt burna boy has done alot of international collabos probably than any other Nigerian artists evidently due to his great potential talent and in all fairness it’s a great accomplishment bt we also need to see the reception and how that translates into albums sales, streaming, awards, chat performance and monetary value.

We are observing. #TwiceAsTall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hilarious Reactions To Tonto Dikeh's Songs / Video Of Mohbad’s Father Recording Song In Studio Causes Online Drama / Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.