Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year (39161 Views)

You Thought You Could Win Another Grammy Without My Help? Diddy Mocks Burna Boy. / Burna Boy’s 'Twice As Tall' Hits No 1 In 14 Countries In Less Than 48Hrs / Burna Boy’s "Twice As Tall" Album Launched In London (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by jaxxy(m): 8:37am On Aug 15, 2020
Olaseun1470:
I just confirmed my second withdrawal in a space of 3 days. It's Legit and paying guys.. Don't sleep on this..
If you know about bitcoin and want to make good profits in bitcoin, trade with trustfore limited. Begin with as little as $50 to start earning.

Why u telling us Enjoy ur investment and tell ur family and frnds. I’m sure u have many of them around u.

2 Likes

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Fuckgovt: 9:03am On Aug 15, 2020
The album to me isn't special at all. African gaint was way better.

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by micxwell(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2020
urchcoded:
If na you be the producer, you no go hype am? If you think this album is better than African giant then you no Sabi better thing.
May your wisdom continue to increase. Everything the guy learnt from AFRICAN GIANT as a whole, he dropped it and went back to his old ways. Cramming too many words on a song. You leave without remembering any hook at all.

He wants to win a grammy, let's wait and see...

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by BigJoe19: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2020
All people saying African giant is better than this album are not true Burna Boy's fans they are atachee.
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by micxwell(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2020
BigJoe19:
All people saying African giant is better than this album are not true Burna Boy's fans they are atachee.
I never liked his songs right from on-set. But he got something right on that AFRICAN GIANT album. I like "all" the songs on that album.
Talking about true fans! You just said the truth. It's about the love not the album then.

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Nobody: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2020
That album is a big L for burna, he needs to chill and release a proper album, his audience are not fools, he recycled a lot of his sounds and other popular songs. i haven't given it a second listen but seems like his worst album to me.
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Tedpgrass: 11:18am On Aug 15, 2020
I'm no music aficionado...
But this album is quite a collection

He's done quite a lot of work. Influences from his last 2 albums and his signature satirical lyrics mixed with different styles.....

It's a lovely piece of work... Much better than pon pon music that's filled the streets

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Iceyjayz: 11:28am On Aug 15, 2020
PropaMan:
That album is a big L for burna, he needs to chill and release a proper album, his audience are not fools, he recycled a lot of his sounds and other popular songs. i haven't given it a second listen but seems like his worst album to me.
Wetin you know? gerrrrrrrrrroooooooooout!
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Budline1(m): 11:42am On Aug 15, 2020
Amarisco:
This album was intended to give him a broader audience which explains why a lot of us feel that the album is not better than African Giant. The sound is very varied from start to finish, with features & references from all over the world and different genres - literally.

But he is a true musical creative and the message in each song is super deep.

Remember, for all the hype beasts, he did say he ‘no be here to sing song wey dey con de make u dance azonto’.

Fav track: ‘Wetin dey sup’. cool

I've not listened to the album but I feel the album is rushed. Shouldn't he take his time to drop a masterpiece? African giant is still kinda recent, it's an album not a mixtape, but well, what do I know...
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Budline1(m): 11:45am On Aug 15, 2020
demolinka:
Burna try but e be like say for dis album he too force that afrobeats vibe sóté the sound come feel patronizing. Afrobeats na easy vibe na...like a dis, like a dat, like a dis, like a dat...dem no dey force am.

Kudos to him though; man's global now.

You feel the album is rushed?
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by okenwaa(m): 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
Amarisco:
This album was intended to give him a broader audience which explains why a lot of us feel that the album is not better than African Giant. The sound is very varied from start to finish, with features & references from all over the world and different genres - literally.

But he is a true musical creative and the message in each song is super deep.

Remember, for all the hype beasts, he did say he ‘no be here to sing song wey dey con de make u dance
azonto’.

Fav track: ‘Wetin dey sup’. cool

The only agbero track for the album grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Saintjohn007(m): 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
pretydiva:
Our naija artists be making us proud. Way to go guys
hahahahahahaha u just talk my mind
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by BigJoe19: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
micxwell:
I never liked his songs right from on-set. But he got something right on that AFRICAN GIANT album. I like "all" the songs on that album.
Talking about true fans! You just said the truth. It's about the love not the album then.
Burna Boy's first to fifth album are all excellent.

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Amarisco(f): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2020
I was shocked too when he was announcing a new album barely a year later. But maybe it was in response to how he felt not winning a Grammy (he speaks about that a little bit on a track). So rather than going quiet, he now put in double the effort to make him ‘twice as tall’ and be a strong candidate. And this time, he’s linking up with people who have serious global weight. It’s probably why Diddy is saying ‘album of the year’ because that’s the main objective

Me too - what do I know, maybe I don talk pass my self grin

Budline1:

I've not listened to the album but I feel the album is rushed. Shouldn't he take his time to drop a masterpiece? African giant is still kinda recent, it's an album not a mixtape, but well, what do I know...

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Amarisco(f): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
grin grin wink wink

okenwaa:

The only agbero track for the album grin grin
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Ayobami7(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
na wa ooo
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by demolinka(m): 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
Budline1:

You feel the album is rushed?

Exactly man! Could be everything (Diddy, A-listers, chance to work with high profile producers) just came together at the same time, plus the lure of the Grammys. Feel a lil patience coulda given the album more spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Amarisco(f): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
I agree small. It’s not the masterpiece we expected at all, and we KNOW he has it

demolinka:

Exactly man! Could be everything (Diddy, A-listers, chance to work with high profile producers) just came together at the same time, plus the lure of the Grammys. Feel a lil patience coulda given the album more spirit.
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by demolinka(m): 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
Amarisco:
I agree small. It’s not the masterpiece we expected at all, and we KNOW he has it

You geeeettt! That lineup alongside Burna's magic was too good to be rushed. Maybe the album'll grow on me sha.

1 Like

Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by Budline1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
demolinka:

Exactly. I don't see the need for the rush. He could have taken his time to make a masterpiece.
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by cicikhemy(f): 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Olaseun1470:
I just confirmed my second withdrawal in a space of 3 days. It's Legit and paying guys.. Don't sleep on this..
If you know about bitcoin and want to make good profits in bitcoin, trade with trustfore limited. Begin with as little as $50 to start earning.

Hi Olaseun1470, kindly chat me up on WhatsApp. Thank you
Re: Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year by cicikhemy(f): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
Olaseun1470:

Hi Olaseun1470, kindly chat me up on WhatsApp 08146635930. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Mohbad’s Father Recording Song In Studio Causes Online Drama / Hilarious Reactions To Tonto Dikeh's Songs / Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.