Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. (38979 Views)

Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers / Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant / Fire Razes Down Shops In Ikotun, Betterlife Ijora Markets(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Elsueno: 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
frankmoney:
We need same law in Nigeria . In fact no foreigner should be employed in Nigeria both in private and public sector until it's proven beyond reasonable doubt that a Nigerian can't do the job . We can't have foreigners having a field day in our country when they have strict laws in place in thier own country

I couldn't have said it any better, left to me, people with mindset like yours belong to aso rock and top foreign relations offices
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by codemaniacs: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
zz
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by PeacenLove2: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:

The problem is not the laws. The problem is that they only enforce them on Nigerians. Other traders from Mali, Ivory Coast, Togo, Benin etc are allowed to trade anyhow they want. Only Nigerians are targeted. There are also laws against illegal mining in Ghana, yet there are thousands of Chinese, Indians and Lebanese mining gold illegally there with impunity. So, Ghana has laws. Just that they only enforce them on Nigerians.

If Nigeria decides to reciprocate this gesture, it wouldn't be nice. Ghana must go era aside, this is a shit-show. Africans and retrogressive actions have become 5&6.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Aarenaija: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
We Nigerian always like to work around any situation we find ourselves.
Nigeria is not good so we go to other man's land to seek survival many a times flouting the rules of engagement of those people were as we are supposed to face our leaders and make sure they do the right things.

You guy better come home and let's channel our energy against those that are making our country not to work.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by ghuzy01: 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
Woleett:
Tomorrow these same ghana animals would be going around the world claiming to be a pan african nation just to scam ignorant black diasporans. I don't blame them anyway na the mumu Nigerians who hype that village especially all these dumb igbo people always quick to rubbish Nigeria in the presence of foreigners. Come back to your zoo and stop disturbing us abeg. I pray they deport every Nigerian in that ghana so Nigerians would be taught patriotism by force
Thank you sir..I dont know why our people keep hyping that place as if we dont have finer places in Nigeria.Every couple you ask wants to do honey moon in Ghana. Until we realize that every country hype themselves and show their best side,the better for us
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by ebenholer(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2020
Rossikk:

The problem is not the laws. The problem is that they only enforce them on Nigerians. Other traders from Mali, Ivory Coast, Togo, Benin etc are allowed to trade anyhow they want. Only Nigerians are targeted. There are also laws against illegal mining in Ghana, yet there are thousands of Chinese, Indians and Lebanese mining gold illegally there with impunity. So, Ghana has laws. Just that they only enforce them on Nigerians.

We must stop this tribalistic mindsets as Nigerians, even if it is only Nigerians that are targeted why cant we be of good example by obeying the law of the land instead of being law breakers.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Ironi: 3:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
ghuzy01:

Thank you sir..I dont know why our people keep hyping that place as if we dont have finer places in Nigeria.Every couple you ask wants to do honey moon in Ghana. Until we realize that every country hype themselves and show their best side,the better for us

Because many Nigerians know they can enjoy some peace and quite and discipline in Ghana.

You can die in the streets of Nigeria like a dog because the criminality and kidnapping and kill kill mentality is right there in your face !
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
I hope the Ghanaians know that a lot of their people work in Nigeria.

In particular, they are many Ghanaian fishermen in the Niger Delta and tradespeople in western Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by ebenholer(m): 3:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
ghuzy01:

To be honest, Ghana is more organized than Nigerians and it is gradually turning to a place to be in Africa. Talk about education, governance etc they are far above us.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by zinodizt: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
BTW does Ghana produce rice
tribalmall:
Laws can be enforced anyhow those who established it chose to enforce it. If they turn blind eye to Chinese it is not Nigeria's problem, after all Nigeria allows rice from Chinese but you bar land border transactions with Ghana.

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Goodman247: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
They must protect thier citizens, if it is in Nigeria,we have so many ghanians trading, we for Don pursue them since
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Simbrixton(m): 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
na igbos dem kill for southie most yorubas dat took d air peace flight where scared
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Peacemaker5129:
Ibos should respect their host community
Ghana is not Lagos
So, are Igbos the only Nigerians doing business in Ghana? Hatred has beclouded your sense of judgment.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Litmus: 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
lonlytroy:
So they want to do Nigeria must Go bag

See this one. They were lucky that Nigeria let them carry Ghana must go bags. They deported Nigerians first and when they did, they wouldnt even let Nigerians carry bags; they deprived Nigerians of all that Nigerians worked for an accrued over many years. Make no mistake, Nigeria will unfortunately retaliate for this maltreatment of Nigerians in Ghana today. It’s only a matter of time.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
Queenlovely:
these people are not stupid. globalization is a failed project, that is why China and USA are locking horns everyday.

you must be a net exporter to survive in this global environment. export your culture or export religion, or even terror

see if was the chairwoman of even a local government, my major focus will be exporting to other LGA around us, export skills, movie, education.

that is what makes Lagos special, they export to other state, they world flock to Lagos, Lagos sells her excess to other state, creating jobs

every government wants to do the right thing by protecting her own first, America first abi?

when the UK came to Nigeria, they were exporting to Africa, exporting a religion

but one thing keeps me awake at night, when all countries are selling ( exporting), who will be the consuming nation.

that is why foreign interest will continue to keep Africa down
Which Lagos exports to other states? The world flocks to Lagos courtesy of its former status an the capital of Nigeria coupled with the Federal Government's facilities there that the FG has failed to extend to other regions. Those facilities are essential to trade, and Lagos fights indirectly to stop other regions from having it, because it'll kill its economy once non-indigenes decide to go because of the availability of those facilities in their regions. Tell me what Lagos exports to other states?
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by heilige(m): 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
The laws of the land is very clear. Make dem return to Nigeria and fight for a better government.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by dokie: 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
tubolancer:
The ubiquitous Easterners have dominated their markets over there that gave rise to the hullabaloo. They should learn from the Ibos jare,the secret of their business, not this hate,hate things. Can they fight with the Lebanese or the Chinese like this?

The business drive and expansion tendencies of the igbos make it very difficult for others to tolerate us, in addition to what seems like arrogance, pride, as well as the involvement of some of us in crimes and other sharp practices.

An igbo man goes to a virgin area and rents a shop to do business. When he goes home for Christmas, he is returning with his junior brothers and other relatives who will serve him in the shop with the aim of having their own a few years down the line. In no time also, he will be joined in that location by some of his kinsmen who think he is doing well in the newly found area. 10 years down the line, they have a small community there and a thriving market. And the locals would be like "what where we doing when these guys came and took over this place"? This naturally breeds some form of envy.

I feel for my brothers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
Woleett:
Tomorrow these same ghana animals would be going around the world claiming to be a pan african nation just to scam ignorant black diasporans. I don't blame them anyway na the mumu Nigerians who hype that village especially all these dumb igbo people always quick to rubbish Nigeria in the presence of foreigners. Come back to your zoo and stop disturbing us abeg. I pray they deport every Nigerian in that ghana so Nigerians would be taught patriotism by force
You're the dumb person, not Igbos. Tell me if Nigeria (as presently constituted) has not already rubbished itself internationally? You're not smart! Buhari demarketed Nigeria when he travelled to the UK and destroyed Nigeria's image, and this made the former British PM, Tony Blair, say that Nigerians are fantastically corrupt. Despite that, a brain.less slowpoke like you had the effrontery to call Igbos names. Du.mb a.ss!!!
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lhanre:
Nigerians always love to ignore it find their way around laws, but when the law catches onto them they begin to cry wolf

Ghana cannot allow Nigerians to turn Accra and other cities to Lagos.

When Mallam Nasir El - Rufai was the FCT Minister, he said he cannot allow people to turn Abuja to Lagos. Obasanjo was the President at that time. Obasanjo said Lagos is a jungle, El - Rufai said he cannot allow them to turn Abuja to jungle.

Ghana is an organized country where decency and decorum are well encouraged. Nigerians have problems in South Africa, Ghana and creating nuisance in Togo. They only agreed they are Nigerians when they have problems.

Judging by what is happening in Lagos, if Lagos were to be an Independent State, about 60% of the people in Lagos would have been sent out. In South Africa, they have become a major problem.

They should learn to live as foreigners in foreign lands.

They invaded Lagos like locusts. Lagos have no choice other than to enact Laws to bring sanity into the City.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by pentsystems(m): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
MondayOsunbor:
500 THOUSAND DOLLARS INVESTMENT WILL GET YOU AMERICA GREEN CARD AKA INVESTMENT VISA

BUT GHANA NA ONE MILLION DOLLARS

These law is a bad law I can’t imagine when do Ghana official currency becomes USD that they are asking for $1 million usd investment capital even the US is only asking for 500,000 usd investment package which is reasonable . Another reason is that the US minimum wage is about $8 per hour and averaging $100 per day While Ghanaian minimum wage is averagely just a peanut of just $2.12 usd per day saying they want a foreign investors of $1 million dollar is a bad policy targeted towards their fellow poor Africans countries that can’t afford that kind of capital for investment .. I think what they would have done is to increase the taxation on foreign operated business and reduce the tax on locally owned business that would have helped their locally owned business to be competitive with foreign owned businesses Than just closing down the foreign owned businesses that is already existing that is what the US did to China and other countries that caused the trade war is a way forward..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Kennyswag: 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
Igbo monkeys crying on this thread grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by eagleu: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2020
Peacemaker5129:
Ibos should respect their host community
Ghana is not Lagos

Igbos chasing you in your dreams every night.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Woleett: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2020
Well it's not me getting flogged in ghana and treated like shit. When it's time to kick Nigerians out of ghana which I know they are planning you morons will be the major causality cos you're everywhere and easy to spot. Fool
Mandeyy:
You're the dumb person, not Igbos. Tell me if Nigeria (as presently constituted) has not already rubbished itself internationally? You're not smart! Buhari demarketed Nigeria when he travelled to the UK and destroyed Nigeria's image, and this made the former British PM, Tony Blair, say that Nigerians are fantastically corrupt. Despite that, a brain.less slowpoke like you had the effrontery to call Igbos names. Du.mb a.ss!!!
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by earnit1: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
ok
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
Mandeyy:
Which Lagos exports to other states? The world flocks to Lagos courtesy of its former status an the capital of Nigeria coupled with the Federal Government's facilities there that the FG has failed to extend to other regions. Those facilities are essential to trade, and Lagos fights indirectly to stop other regions from having it, because it'll kill its economy once non-indigenes decide to go because of the availability of those facilities in their regions. Tell me what Lagos exports to other states?
You are talking Jargon and nonsense. Lagos had been trade point even before the amalgamation of South and Northern Nigeria. Before the existence of Nigeria as a country, Lagos had been trade centre for people from French speaking area (Benin, Togo, Ivory Coast), we also have countries such as Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Gambia that have trade business in ancient Lagos. If Lagos had been an Independent State, it would have been the third economy in Africa.

When the British made part of Lagos their Colony, they had wanted to take over the entire Lagos Island up to Apapa and environ and convert them to British city in Nigeria but the Lagos High Chiefs resisted them. Lagos potential for development is impeded by the Nigerian State which allows people to invade Lagos like locusts. These people have no regards for Laws of the land. They are only interested in making money out of Lagos. Any attempt by Lagos Government to regulate them is met with cry of victimization and marginalization. This is what the Ghanaian people are trying to prevent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by eagleu: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2020
dokie:

The business drive and expansion tendencies of the igbos make it very difficult for others to tolerate us, in addition to what seems like arrogance, pride, as well as the involvement of some of us in crimes and other sharp practices.

An igbo man goes to a virgin area and rents a shop to do business. When he goes home for Christmas, he is returning with his junior brothers and other relatives who will serve him in the shop with the aim of having their own a few years down the line. In no time also, he will be joined in that location by some of his kinsmen who think he is doing well in the newly found area. 10 years down the line, they have a small community there and a thriving market. And the locals would be like "what where we doing when these guys came and took over this place"? This naturally breeds some form of envy.

I feel for my brothers.

"Us"
You're a fallacy trying to pretend to be Igbo. You know who you are.

Igbos come develop a virgin land they bought or leased, compared to Fulani herdsmen raiding you at night. You chose!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by eagleu: 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kennyswag:
Igbo monkeys crying on this thread grin grin grin

What an uplift for the spirit of One Nigeria where Yorubas are actually dancing and celebrating, because "Igbo" stores are being destroyed in Ghana?
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Oracleforce: 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
See explicit Ghanaian immigration law....

But talking about the Naija immigration law, we are always scared of writing good immigration law...because our government sees Nigeria as subservient to other foreign nationals...

Our immigration act of 2017 is as toothless as mama John local dog in the village...

Even the few enabling laws are not implemented....we can only be harshly on our own citizens and not foreign nationals...
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by lowkeybahdguy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
Queenlovely:

I swear I don't know, but I will try to be creative when exporting, sell services instead of physical goods

what services can Africa sell to a larger audience that's for the most part unconcerned about Africa save her natural resources. Don't forget they wrote the textbooks on modern trade and economy. Have you seen Kofi Annan's son's paper presentation on the need to deepen continental trade between African countries because international trade policies and bias are heavily skewed against the continent?

How does a continent overcome deep rooted biases by simply selling services to people who for the most part don't require it?
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by dokie: 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
eagleu:

"Us"
You're a fallacy trying to pretend to be Igbo. You know who you are.

Igbos come develop a virgin land they bought or leased, compared to Fulani herdsmen raiding you at night. You chose!

I don't see where my statement contradicts anything you have said. Except of course you don't like the fact that i mentioned that some of us are involved in crime. But you know that's the truth. All tribes, races and nations have criminals amongst them including ndigbo, but because people generally envy our progress in business (genuine business), they look for ways to label us as bad, by labeling us all as criminals because of a number of us that aggressively engage in criminal activities. That's whats in SA, and they are trying to use the same narrative in Ghana.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by badman007(m): 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
Say no to discrimination.
Right to earn a living and engage in Business is a fundamental human right
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Kennyswag: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
eagleu:

What an uplift for the spirit of One Nigeria where Yorubas are actually dancing and celebrating, because "Igbo" stores are being destroyed in Ghana?
yes.. nobody wants your traders grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss / Akin Alabi: My Mum's Driver Thought I Was A Yahoo Boy - Nairabet CEO / Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.