Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,960 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. (38975 Views)

Igbos In Cross River Shut Down Shops Over Kidnapping Of Their Brothers / Correct Facts About Why P&G Is Shutting Down Its $300 Million Agbara Plant / Fire Razes Down Shops In Ikotun, Betterlife Ijora Markets(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by geoinformatic: 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
And when you look at the black race, all you see is wickedness. Is Ghana and Nigeria bigger than America? Now that Ghana is making adjustment, one nation should not take it back, if we both go at the same pace it will be well for us, the problem is wickedness, 20 Nigerians are owning Nigerian trillions of naira,what is our yearly budget? What ever you say is our problem,greed, corruption etc are all product of wickedness. if not for wickedness , Nigeria will feed herself, feed Ghana and others, Nigeria ought to be police of Africa, we need to tackle this wickedness, our problem is not igbos, Yoruba or hausa, it is wickedness. Ghana is moving, Nigeria should not drag her back, when Nigeria wanted to move, we invented the Ghana must Go. We need to deal with wickedness, it begin with u, it begin with me, when a man decides to use the salary of 1000 people to buy a car, u see it as greed , I see it as wickedness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by afube: 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
Sakamaje:

Don't kid yourself. No West African country is a slave to any ecowas protocol. Even Nigeria herself violated that so-called protocol when it shut its borders recently. When Nigeria deported millions of Ghanaians decades ago, it didn't need to ask for anybody's permission. Every democratic and sovereign nation is first of all subject to the wishes of its people before any sub-regional protocol. The issue can quickly degenerate into a political one for the Ghanaian government hence what you are seeing happening. The Ghanaian government is only yielding to the yearnings and requests of its people to prevent Nigerians from engaging in retail trading in their country, ecowas protocols are secondary in priority.

Fine ! Let everyone throw ecowas agreement into the trash can.................let us see which country will suffer the most, The Nigerian economy is like a locomotive with a powerful V16 cylinder engine,unfortunately The Fulanis in control of our political space are totally bereft of ideas on how to power up this economy and get it running on all cylinders, as much as I detest Yoruba political opportunism, at least they have a visionary in Tinubu albeit corrupt. These sahelian savages running our livesh really get on my nerves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Brush1: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
Peacemaker5129:
Ibos should respect their host community
Ghana is not Lagos

Am not Igbo but what makes you think Igbos are the only business persons in Ghana?. The situation isn't about Igbos rather about citizens of Nigeria. You need to work on your tribal sensitivity.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by eagleu: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kennyswag:
yes.. nobody wants your traders grin grin

Sorry bro, it's too late for you guys now. After fighting for One Nigeria, enjoy the proceeds!

Lagos remains a No man's land for Nigerians. Go cry me a river until the next war for us to separate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by eagleu: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
Brush1:

Am not Igbo but what makes you think Igbos are the only business persons in Ghana?. The situation isn't about Igbos rather about citizens of Nigeria. You need to work on your tribal sensitivity.

Thanks.
It doesn't matter to a tribalistic soul that Igbos are not the only Nigerians adversely affected.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Kennyswag: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
eagleu:

Sorry bro, it's too late for you guys now. After fighting for One Nigeria, enjoy the proceeds!

Lagos remains a No man's land for Nigerians. Go cry me a river until the next war for us to separate!
say hello to iyaoloja grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by eagleu: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kennyswag:
say hello to iyaoloja grin grin

Yes oh!
And her extortion, looting, and burning of innocent traders stores.
There's karma!
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Sleekfingers: 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
kheny12:
who told you am in another country,Am in Nigeria just giving my concern.

ok
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
eagleu:

Thanks.
It doesn't matter to a tribalistic soul that Igbos are not the only Nigerians adversely affected.

You are just dribbling yourself. Lagos to Accra is shorter than Lagos to Abuja. Our forefathers have been doing trades with tribes in Gold Coast, Porto novo, Lome, Abidjan and other west African cities along our axis for centuries. The problems you created for Nigeria is much.Spending 6 years in IBO land exposed me to the reasons why your areas are hostile to strangers. The Ghanaians, Togolese, Beninoise and South African people understand the tribal compositions of the major tribes in Nigeria and their characters. I have seen some IBO men in Abuja with International Passports with Yoruba names applying for UK Visa to hide their identities.

The Ghanaians know Nigeria and Nigerians very well. They don't want Accra and other cities to become Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by eagleu: 6:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
babaolofin:

You are just dribbling yourself. Lagos to Accra is shorter than Lagos to Abuja. Our forefathers have been doing trades with tribes in Gold Coast, Porto novo, Lome, Abidjan and other west African cities along our axis for centuries. The problems you created for Nigeria is much.Spending 6 years in IBO land exposed me to the reasons why your areas are hostile to strangers. The Ghanaians, Togolese, Beninoise and South African people understand the tribal compositions of the major tribes in Nigeria and their characters. I have seen some IBO men in Abuja with International Passports with Yoruba names applying for UK Visa to hide their identities.

The Ghanaians know Nigeria and Nigerians very well. They don't want Accra and other cities to become Lagos.

So tribalistically ignorant.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by watchindelta(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
Here in Italy Africans holds all type of chops smiley you don't need to have 1million American dollar or marry Italia before one can open chops! as long you have all the necessary papers you are good to go. Here we have chop nobody is disturbing us here! as long you pay your tax.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by watchindelta(m): 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
Deborah98:
Ghana like feeling like what I don't know,they way they keep oppressing Nigerians over there one will think we are not humans, seriously if not for the bad government we have and how corrupt they seem to be who will leave his country only to suffer dejection and frustration in a foreign land,it's well.
Nigerians don't hv taste no as I suffer reach I will never travel to another country who is the same to my country
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Kennyswag: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
eagleu:

Yes oh! And her extortion, looting, and burning of innocent traders stores. There's karma!
e pain am well
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by chachanga: 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dedetwo:

The above regulations are antihuman and specifically anti-immigrants. The regulations are simply draconian. These freaking Ghanaians cannot survive a day if other Africans state stood up such laws against Ghana as a country. Where are the doctrines of ECOWA? These retrogressive policy and Ghanaian government should be hold accountable for this inhumanity against fellow Africans. What a shame.

As long as Nigerians keep electing thieving dunces or hailing underserving criminal elements as they rig themselves into office, Nigeria will never stop being global laughingstock.

Nigeria's leaders are always bending over backwards for other African nations playing a stupid unsolicited Father Christmas role. Under them, Nigeria's never asserted its dominance on the continent, lesser countries move against it, at will, undeterred and unrevenged while its reactionary leaders always have nothing but media platitudes to offer.
Apart from the failings of its citizens, Nigerian leaders are often to blame for setting the tone for the country's present doldrums.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Kez11: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
hammer8:

BRO STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON IDIOTS.

THE ONLY THING THAT PAINS ME IS THAT AM NOT PART OF THIS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OTHERWISE, GHANIANS THEMSELVES WILL BE BEGGING FOR FORGIVENESS.

ALL THEIR CITIZENS IN NIGERIA WILL BE FORCEFULLY REMOVED FROM THEIR PLACE OF WORK AND BAN FROM ENGAGING IN ANY SORT OF WORK IN NIGERIA.

EVEN HERE ON NAIRALAND, I EXPECT MYND44 TO DELETE THREAD LIKE THIS, THAT INSULT OUR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE AND PUT OP ON LIFE BAN.

WE DONT NEED GHANIAN FOREIGNERS HERE.

THIS IS A NIGERIAN FORUM. WTF!

Good....

Question : Do you have any up to date data base for Nigeria citizens?
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by frog12: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
another SCAM country trying to EXTRACT arm and legs from NIGERIANS.

no be their fault, na the corruption cause everything!
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by abovecomsmyhelp: 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
Keep pretending are you not aware that Ghana deported all Africans especially Nigerians out of their country in 1969 even went to school and picked Nigeria children and deport them to Nigeria google Allien compleince order and you will read about it Nigeria only retaliated in 1983 the thing Ghana is doing now when Nigeria retaliate in future most of you wont remember what Ghanaians are doing today, i have put this information more than 1000times on many platforms or forums but this same person that wrote it here will not acknowledge that he or she was unaware of what Ghana did to Nigeria in 1969 but will go to another forum and still post the same wrong information and most of those posting this propaganda are all Ghanaians and why does Ghanaian love lies so much?, your government sent soldiers to destroy Nigerian embassy and even when your government are tendering apologise some of you are still on the media defending their criminalities
Sakamaje:
I can't help but agree with the Op. I think Nigerians can generally have a high tendency to be very lawless in other countries if allowed. Maybe Ghanaians themselves encouraged the flouting of their own laws initially when they deemed it harmless. But apparently they are now feeling threatened that if something is not done their local retail markets could be overrun by Nigerians who may be coming in with funds being sourced from questionable sources that their local retailers can't compete with. In light of that I can't say I blame them for protecting their turf. If every country simply allows foreigners free reign to come in and compete in their markets without certain restrictions, many countries would be overrun by foreigners in no time. There is nothing like absolute free trade anywhere in the world.

Let's not be naive. Even the developed countries have protectionist policies that protect certain sectors of their local markets/economy, so let's be guided.

Don't kid yourself. No West African country is a slave to any ecowas protocol. Even Nigeria herself violated that so-called protocol when it shut its borders recently. When Nigeria deported millions of Ghanaians decades ago, it didn't need to ask for anybody's permission. Every democratic and sovereign nation is first of all subject to the wishes of its people before any sub-regional protocol. The issue can quickly degenerate into a political one for the Ghanaian government hence what you are seeing happening. The Ghanaian government is only yielding to the yearnings and requests of its people to prevent Nigerians from engaging in retail trading in their country, ecowas protocols are secondary in priority.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by haryomikun(m): 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
Sakamaje:
I can't help but agree with the Op. I think Nigerians can generally have a high tendency to be very lawless in other countries if allowed. Maybe Ghanaians themselves encouraged the flouting of their own laws initially when they deemed it harmless. But apparently they are now feeling threatened that if something is not done their local retail markets could be overrun by Nigerians who may be coming in with funds being sourced from questionable sources that their local retailers can't compete with. In light of that I can't say I blame them for protecting their turf. If every country simply allows foreigners free reign to come in and compete in their markets without certain restrictions, many countries would be overrun by foreigners in no time. There is nothing like absolute free trade anywhere in the world.

Let's not be naive. Even the developed countries have protectionist policies that protect certain sectors of their local markets/economy, so let's be guided.

You sound knowledgeable unlike the illiterate you mentioned up there

You studied Economics yes? Macro economics I mean

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by haryomikun(m): 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
hammer8:

BRO STOP WASTING YOUR TIME ON IDIOTS.

THE ONLY THING THAT PAINS ME IS THAT AM NOT PART OF THIS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OTHERWISE, GHANIANS THEMSELVES WILL BE BEGGING FOR FORGIVENESS.

ALL THEIR CITIZENS IN NIGERIA WILL BE FORCEFULLY REMOVED FROM THEIR PLACE OF WORK AND BAN FROM ENGAGING IN ANY SORT OF WORK IN NIGERIA.

EVEN HERE ON NAIRALAND, I EXPECT MYND44 TO DELETE THREAD LIKE THIS, THAT INSULT OUR COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE AND PUT OP ON LIFE BAN.

WE DONT NEED GHANIAN FOREIGNERS HERE.

THIS IS A NIGERIAN FORUM. WTF!
Stop crying. Which one be all these upper case letters

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
All Ghanaians you are needed here to defend your country and tell these Nigerians the truth

https://www.nairaland.com/6056355/south-africaghanakenya-african-countries-more
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
eagleu:

So tribalistically ignorant.

The Yorubas remain the most liberal majority tribe in Nigeria. While OBJ despite oil at low and average prices saved estimated $65 billion , Your IBO controlled GEJ government that sold oil above $100 per barrel did not save one kobo, only loot and borrowed to enrich your kinsmen.

Living or schooling in region is an invitation to hostility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by ZUBY77(m): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lhanre:
Nigerians always love to ignore it find their way around laws, but when the law catches onto them they begin to cry wolf

What fucking laws? Even non citizens of European countries and USA have shops.

Crap
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by ajl: 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
Bluntguy:
Ghana seems to be the only country I know where there is separate laws for its local business men and non-Ghanians. Or are they still pained by the border closure by the Nigerian government which they see as being targeted at them? Because the above listed laws suddenly came into effect the moment Nigeria closed her borders against smugglers. All this is just bad belle.

You folks are not wise. You think it is Nigeria where any foreigner can come in to do anything? Just look at the fee Lagos State charges Uber and Bolt. Is it not the same as local companies. Who is unwise here? Nigeria of course. It is the government responsibility to protect its citizens and businesses from foreign takeover. I don't blame Ghana. It is their country and they have the right to impose rules that pleases them. Let Nigeria also take care and protect its citizens and business as well. You don't say because of foreign investment, allow foreigners takeover. Most investment in Nigeria is done by Nigerians and not by foreigners. Nigerian diaspora send home several fold of billion dollars every year. In 2019 alone, Nigerian diaspora sent home $17.57 billion compared to foreign direct investment of just $3.3 billion. And not to talk about investment done by Nigerians based at home. Who should the priority be for? Nigerian businesses or foreign ones?
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Bluntguy: 9:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
ajl:

You folks are not wise. You think it is Nigeria where any foreigner can come in to do anything? Just look at the fee Lagos State charges Uber and Bolt. Is it not the same as local companies. Who is unwise here? Nigeria of course. It is the government responsibility to protect its citizens and businesses from foreign takeover. I don't blame Ghana. It is their country and they have the right to impose rules that pleases them. Let Nigeria also take care and protect its citizens and business as well. You don't say because of foreign investment, allow foreigners takeover. Most investment in Nigeria is done by Nigerians and not by foreigners. Nigerian diaspora send home several fold of billion dollars every year. In 2019 alone, Nigerian diaspora sent home $17.57 billion compared to foreign direct investment of just $3.3 billion. And not to talk about investment done by Nigerians based at home. Who should the priority be for? Nigerian businesses or foreign ones?
Your president will soon start sending ministerial delegations to beg after you finish making all these noise.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by michresakidjo(m): 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2020
[/quote] This is very harsh and inhumane

Here in Akure I know of very many Ghanaians who venture into and dominated businesses which are exclusively for the Ghanaians in their home country.

Our best friend in Africa is becoming our enemy

This subhuman treatments and protocols have to stop
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by jrtorrents: 11:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
dinggle:
Ghanians are fools.....the border was not closed to spite Ghana it was closed to strangulate business of Southern Nigeria while Northern borders remain open, its the secret cold war btw North and Southern Nigeria for which Ghana happens to be affected, but to turn around and punish the victims is insane. Ghana will remember this day by tomorrow.

Silly excuses! Weren’t you ppl here jubilating?
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by jrtorrents: 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
watchindelta:
Here in Italy Africans holds all type of chops smiley you don't need to have 1million American dollar or marry Italia before one can open chops! as long you have all the necessary papers you are good to go. Here we have chop nobody is disturbing us here! as long you pay your tax.

The Africans in Italy will have papers or Italian citizenship allowing them to have right engage in any business. Try going there on tourist visa and setting up shop there. The smart Nigerians marry a Ghanaian and get citizenship!
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by jrtorrents: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2020
BuddhaPalm:

Most countries have protectionist policies.

Canada has plenty against US goods, etc.

Additionally, we also shut our land borders against Ecowas protocol...

Thank you ! It appears people here just don’t read ! Nigerians aren’t the only people with feelings?

When the Nigerian federal government is busy flouting ECOWAS rules, people were cheering then on forgetting it will one day happen to Nigerians in other countries. What good for ...
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by Zoomx(m): 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
frankmoney:
We need same law in Nigeria . In fact no foreigner should be employed in Nigeria both in private and public sector until it's proven beyond reasonable doubt that a Nigerian can't do the job . We can't have foreigners having a field day in our country when they have strict laws in place in thier own country
100%
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by DCatt: 5:05am On Aug 16, 2020
The reason behind that is their regional system of govt, not like Nigeria where regions are not given breathing space to grow on their own.
ebenholer:

To be honest, Ghana is more organized than Nigerians and it is gradually turning to a place to be in Africa. Talk about education, governance etc they are far above us.
Re: Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. by jrtorrents: 7:01am On Aug 16, 2020
Nigerians are very funny people ! You guys are always moaning and crying but forget how you treat other people your country!

Didn’t your president instigate laws banning the importation of rice from other West African countries even though you allowed rice from China and other Asian countries ?

Didn’t your president close the borders to west African countries causing goods from other African countries to perish ?

Didn’t Nigeria besiege South African companies (Shoprite) urging it to be closed ?

In 1983, there was famine in Ghana, yet you chased out thousands of Ghanaians, some were even killed in the process.

None of you here saw anything wrong with that ! You see, you’re not the only humans on this earth. If you treat other people badly, you’ll get the same in return.

Personally as an African, I wished the Ghanaian government will be more humane and cut the traders slack, especially in the threat of COVID-19.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arthur Eze Dances "Gbe Body" At An Event / Akin Alabi: My Mum's Driver Thought I Was A Yahoo Boy - Nairabet CEO / What Business Can One Start With #10m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.