Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

How To Check Your Digital ID Number - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Check Your Digital ID Number (48968 Views)

FG Inaugurates Committee To Establish National Digital ID To Improve Governance / NIMC, World Bank To Provide Digital ID For 148 Million Nigerians By 2024 / Digital ID: NIN Sold My National ID To Hausa Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Babara1994(m): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
kheny12:
what next
Throw the phone against the wall

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by BeSnappy(m): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
Lets see how it works out.
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by rocoh(m): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
Addme:

I have never for once registered through NIMC or whatever but when I checked my GTB balance, I just saw my balance my BVN and my NIN displayed.
Seriously this is awesome.

Once you have BVN you automatically have NIN. NIMC simply collected BVN data from banks.
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Adex2442: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
For hours

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by udy4real(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2020
[s]

Thank you man, you're a lifesaver.

It's actually free, i had no airtime and it worked [/s]

Na lie,without 20 naira it won't work

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by lookingfly: 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
post=92853543:
Slow and steady we will get to a new Nigeria.

We are in safe hands.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari.

God bless Nigeria.
you can go to southern kaduna,borno, zamfara and Katsina and said that!
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by ello29(m): 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Finally, Nigerian government have complied with the US directive...this will help to reduce crime.

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by lookingfly: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
So what happens to those with plastic id cards....na waste of resources abi.......confused government!.......I just hope some idiots won't come up with the 666 nonsense with this latest trend.
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
I tried the app. Showed me that my data was not available. I tried again and it showed me someone else's info. I was initially worried but I discovered that it is like that for almost everyone here.
This is a dangerous trend as our data could fall into wrong hands (scammers et al). I hope nobody steals my identity.

4 Likes

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Tissaia(f): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
zeemahn:
I tried the app. Showed me that my data was not available. I tried again and it showed me someone else's info. I was initially worried but I discovered that it is like that for almost everyone here.
This is a dangerous trend as our data could fall into wrong hands (scammers et al). I hope nobody steals my identity.
same
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by ehiski: 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
Downloaded but my details shows another persons ID
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by gaskiyamagana: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
FrLukas:
Futile. Whether you like it or not, Nigeria is breaking up.
Na lie. We dey together till we finish dat oyel. After finishing the oil den Biafra can go.
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by EdmundDantes(m): 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
AshipaEk0:

If you have enrolled for the national ID card scheme, you can get your NIN by dialling *346# from the phone number associated with your voter's card, drivers licence, or BVN registration.

Ensure you have at least ₦20 airtime on your line and then dial the code.

He said he lost the SIM card.
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dchampion65:

Can you for once be positive. You only know the beginning of a war. Clamouring for break up is not a guarantee that you will witness it

Please

Can you point to where I mentioned war in my post? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by gaskiyamagana: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
lookingfly:
you can go to southern kaduna,borno, zamfara and Katsina and said that!
You mean nairaland no dey for those states?
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Rahmanjargo(m): 6:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
What about iPhone users OP?
Is the application available on appstore?

This should be open for everyone not only android users, what about a link we can use until an ios application is made that's if they will ever make one.

Everything in this country is just frustrating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by highbee02: 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
rottable:
Nigerian Government has officially dumped the plastic National ID card for the digital ID card.

This vital information was provided by the Minister of Interior, Mr Rauf Aregbesola in a meeting with journalists. He further said, Immediately the National Identification number (NIN) is given to anyone, the Individual is automatically captured in the databank domiciled with NIMC ( National Identity Management Commission) the individual can easily be traced anywhere.

So whenever you go to any Government or private institutions domiciled with NIMC, you must provide your NIN number and all information about you will be used.

how to check your Digital ID number

1) download the NIMC ( national identity management commission) mobile application on playstore or follow this simple link ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimcmobile&hl=en )

2) then supply your NIN and your registered phone number. ( Do not input your BVN )

3) your digital ID number will be displayed

4) you can print it out immediately.

I have checked mine, you can also check yours

Thanks
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Adex2442: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:
Generating Encryption keys please wait.......

Modified

Finally opened but showing someone else' name, no passport

How long did urs take to finally show up

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Kurumaru: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
rottable:
Nigerian Government has officially dumped the plastic National ID card for the digital ID card.

This vital information was provided by the Minister of Interior, Mr Rauf Aregbesola in a meeting with journalists. He further said, Immediately the National Identification number (NIN) is given to anyone, the Individual is automatically captured in the databank domiciled with NIMC ( National Identity Management Commission) the individual can easily be traced anywhere.

So whenever you go to any Government or private institutions domiciled with NIMC, you must provide your NIN number and all information about you will be used.

how to check your Digital ID number

1) download the NIMC ( national identity management commission) mobile application on playstore or follow this simple link ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nimcmobile&hl=en )

2) then supply your NIN and your registered phone number. ( Do not input your BVN )

3) your digital ID number will be displayed

4) you can print it out immediately.

I have checked mine, you can also check yours
Bro... Thanks for this nice info, but I have an issue here... Just followed all the above steps, but it brought out someone else's information.. I don't understand because I have that temporary NINS slip with me here. How do I correct dis .. scared of those multitudes in their offices..
Thanks
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Bubblewitch: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
emekaxy:

Go to the phone icon by the right of the phone app many and click to reset it then you register the it again but providing your phone number and NIN number. It will come up
mine is bringing another name oo
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by EdmundDantes(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
Greatest100:

Dial *346# through the phone number used in registering.

He said he lost the SIM. So which number is he going to use?
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Coldfeets: 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
lilachiever:
I lost my NIMC slip which contains my NIN, I also lost the SIM card that I used to register it.

Is there anyway I could get the NIN and the slip back?

Go back to where you registered or to any NIMC registration center nearest to you.

Then tell them your situation.

They will pull up the data for you.

I think it will cost you some token, but I'm not so sure about that.

I've seen people who come with some stories about their lost NIN details or some errors in their data and they were directed to go back to where they registered ab initio to sort themselves out.
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Facidio: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
Very soon they will tell us to come and re register
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by SmartchildTutor: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
TheTrueSeeker2:
Generating Encryption keys please wait.......

Modified

Finally opened but showing someone else' name, no passport
Exactly!
Same problem with me.
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by calebify1(m): 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
faoogoke:

I download mine and did as instructed.

Someone else credentials showed up.

I mean someone else picture and name.

The friend who shared the information with me had similar experience but that of his children were okay.

What can one do?
Same thing I experienced.
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by money121(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
davidtemi:
pls how do I get d 11 digit NIN cos it's not only card
Got mine from my gtbank mobile app
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by lookingfly: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
gaskiyamagana:

You mean nairaland no dey for those states?
#stopdoingdrugs
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Dannyfan(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
I downloaded d app, but it is showing someone else ID card, I have done for two other people now and still d same issue.
I think dey should review d app
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by amaham(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
This "your nin number has been linked to a device" , I have never logged this number anywhere oo. That's how they'll soon start with another drama

1 Like

Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Ddream6627(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
lilachiever:
I lost my NIMC slip which contains my NIN, I also lost the SIM card that I used to register it.

Is there anyway I could get the NIN and the slip back?
thought I was d only one..... pls is there a way to get it back pls..... it kind of urgent
Re: How To Check Your Digital ID Number by Adex2442: 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
IduNaOba:

Has nothing to do with Buhari oga.
That app has been there since nah.
Even voters card own too

Abeg what's the name for voters card own

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Moment Tinubu Arrived Teslim Balogun Stadium For Lagos Rally (Video) / Dakuku Peterside Emerges APC Governorship Candidate In Rivers / APC Governors Seek Soft Landing For Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.