Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job (31644 Views)

How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker / Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by earnit1: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Oh
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by jospepper(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
mohims:

Guy take it easy make person no scam you o! I noticed you are a Jos guy like me abi?
yes. But before me I give someone money, I must be enrolled into IPPIS (payroll), letter of employment is secondary.

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Ladycewhy(f): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
ProudlyNGN:

You dey mind this lier
Do you have an idea of how much?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by timibare(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
membranus:

Even the most novice in football will give you this odd.

Oga keep your common odds.
the game too sure lol

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by AerialMapper: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
You need to be rethinking your relationship with this "family friend"!

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by azadus18: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
vickydevoka:

I was scammed same way but dis account number.
3141882883. First bank. Esther bulus
eeyah..sorry abt dat...av u reported d case anywhere
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
WIZGUY69:
Quick question. Is this how people pay for job slots in other countries or the world?
Yah if they are like this shithole. But in sane climes if they catch you ehn.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by euniselfyahoo: 4:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
grin
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ozo13(m): 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
sammyj490:

omo bro see the 85k i went to get o....as in i already got to the bank to send it before my inner spirit spoke out.
u would have been hearing stories upon stories if u had payed that cash.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by freeman67: 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
I would have tried to give out all the hints to make you decode the scams here but I discovered that scammers are here looking for how to perfect their skills. They can not achieve through me.

I will still give some that they will never be able to beat.

First of all, for all the Job seekers here please be aware that employment letter is very vital in all government establishments. There always have screenings from time to time and you will have to present the original in hard copy so they hardly send it through e-mail. It is usually printed on a particular type of paper too depending on the MDA/SERVICE. The e-mail will not give you the type of paper required. Presenting any other unknown to the system can make you a ghost/fake employee.

Secondly, Appointment Letters for services/security agencies are issued as you are about to pass out of training. Though Civil Defence use to issue letters before training but I think they have now stopped it.

Thirdly, I believe if you are interested in a job you will have to do some homework about the Job. I do not think Civil Defence have a training centre in Kano indicated in what the displayed. There are red flags all over. Just that over excitement did not allow him to notice before then.

Fourthly, except the job was sold to you, nobody will ask you to pay money before resuming. I do not think there is any government agency that will ask you to come pay before training..for what? They can only tell you to come with specific items you will need and maybe make you spend money in the course of your training (Things like canvas, shorts, t-shirts, buckets etc. For the security guys) you would have gotten a preamble to this from NYSC.

Finally, we are now in a technologically advanced world. Just downloading true caller app alone can help you identify a scammer immediately his calls enter your phone. No matter how rich a scammer is he can not buy different SIMs for all the people he intends to scam because he is not certain of who exactly he can hoodwink among his intended prey.

You also will definitely not be the first he is scamming with that no. So someone he tried earlier would have already stored his details. There is no scammer that has called me since 2018 to date that I did not discover his identity immediately. Some I decided to waste their credit so they won't have enough to call other people while others I insult outrightly..

9 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Sydney1995(m): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
Prison is 1M for entry level position!!

ProudlyNGN:

Bro why you dey lie na?
Na akara Dem wan sell?
Any job in ministry of interior (Prison service, immigration, custom, fire service, civil defense etc)
the minimum is 300k even with ordinary SSCE level, with Degree and HND is far beyond that so don't come here and lie.
Before you Attack me I'm into the system please.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Carmal90(m): 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sydney1995:

A whole 1million naira...
No problem, we go hustle am
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Ibks100(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
sammyj490:
Please don't mind my English just pay attention to the content.

A family friend called me and asked if I'll be interested in civil defense work, I told her yes why wouldn't I? She sent me a number to call the man he'll put me through the process.

I was excited, I called the man who spoke to me calmly, he asked me to send my details to him which include my name, age, height, qualifications and all, i did that without instantly i was sooo fast while typing I'm sure even flash will be trilled at the speed.

The next day he sent a civil defense form to me to fill and scan to his mail, i did that and called him to inform him, he then acknowledge that he has seen it and told me he has forwarded my form to their H.R. I should await their call, i was soo happy immediately i dropped the call i started googling salary of a degree holder of the civil defense officer, saw 121k in my mind i was like their Father i don arrive, i go soon buy Benz.

The H.R called me and told me they've contacted my school to ask if i graduated from their school and they told them yes. He then asked for my c.v and told me to wait for my appointment letter.

Early Thursday morning omo see appointment letter for my mail o!! with my name written in capital letter... I called him to notify him of the new development, he congratulated me and told me i will have to pay the sum of 85k for my 2 weeks training in Kano and the payment must be made before noon but i shouldn't worry the money will be returned after my training but u have to pay early so as not to loose the job. I went ahead to borrow the money from a friend and headed to the bank to make payment i already got inside the bank before calling him to send the acct number im to sent the money, that was how the civil defense H.R sent me Yayah Suleman's acct number, i started asking my self why would federal government send me a private account number to pay for training? called the guy and said o boy u almost fooled me sha, the guy laugh and said u got me nice one and dropped the call...

There are lot of scammers out there who will try to scam you all in the name of giving you employment abeg be careful.

For Immigrations presently, after a friend of mine have paid like 45k, he was told to pay another 23k for uniform. He was told the Govt would bear half and he would bear the remaining half
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Banter1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
lucky bastard phew
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by femi4: 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
OP wants to buy Benz with 121k grin
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Orpe7(m): 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
Fresh NYSC graduands fall for this shit
This scammers somehow get hold of the nysc magazine and then call u to claim u were in the same platoon
One did it for me 9yrs ago telling me how his uncle could help me get a job with Shell
The guy tried fooling me that we were in the same platoon, even mentioned other people's names.
I almoT got scammed but luckily for me, i called another friend to ask if he remembered the guy and told him about the job level, omo na so my friend tell me say na scam o.
If not I would have fell for it
The idiot sent me documents and forms of Shell
I now see why some other guys didn't drop their details for the nysc magazine back then

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sydney1995:

Annual or monthly?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by PastorFire: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
My own was even funny.
Called me on Thursday and said.. Are you not so so person working so so place?. I said yes sir
Oya oya, send your details for replacement. I did. I will send you the assistant commandent number.. Call him for the next process

I called.. The man said i should pay 35k for form and i'm to come to Abuja the next day for service number and appointment letter.
I said.. Oga, I only have 5k in my account o.. He now said, oya send it, I will help you.
I asked again.. If i send it, which one will I use to transport myself to Abuja?. The idiot didn't know I was just following along.
He then replied.. God will provide. Just send it. Don't worry.
I responded.. Should I send #5 or 5kobo..He said.. No na, 5k..
I just said calmy.. You are a very stupid man.. Repeat after me.. He just hunged up. Lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Microwhy: 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
sirblend:
If its FIRS OR CBN jobs be ready to cough out more than N1.5m if you don't know anyone there.

in fact you need a miracle directly from heaven to get jobs here if you don't have anyone. Have you ever heard of any job vacancy here?.

Slots here are reserved for Senators, Governors Ministers etc
If anybody ask you 1.5mil for FIRS or CBN, run bro! Its a scam. Nobody will give you that slot for less than 3mil.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Excuses: 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
sulaimon22:
Civil defense slot is around 750k. thank god u didn't fall for it

I wouldn't say that cos is not fixed depending on who's willing to help you..it can even be free..

for para-military is mostly 500k
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Excuses: 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Orpe7:
Fresh NYSC graduands fall for this shit
This scammers somehow get hold of the nysc magazine and then call u to claim u were in the same platoon
One did it for me 9yrs ago telling me how his uncle could help me get a job with Shell
The guy tried fooling me that we were in the same platoon, even mentioned other people's names.
I almoT got scammed but luckily for me, i called another friend to ask if he remembered the guy and told him about the job level, omo na so my friend tell me say na scam o.
If not I would have fell for it
The idiot sent me documents and forms of Shell
I now see why some other guys didn't drop their details for the nysc magazine back then

Guy dem chop my 30k solid..

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by oneTIMEman(m): 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
Same with me in Enugu, the man almost scam me but i was smarter than him
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Chukwudi4naija(m): 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
‘My 40k stil Dey pending with my cousins on top this replacement on civil defense still waiting for the time to arrest the man
Ok
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by lwanga1993: 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
How sure are you about this, man?. A friend told me how someone paid 500k to get a job there.....

Microwhy:

If anybody ask you 1.5mil for FIRS or CBN, run bro! Its a scam. Nobody will give you that slot for less than 3mil.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by niceguy555: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
helinues:
Could you family friend also a culprit of this?

This is a corporate scam from insider in Civil Defense

Yes. I agree with you. The application forms and employment letter looks real, even with the company's letter head. An insider must have been involved in this scam
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Chukwudi4naija(m): 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
sammyj490:
Please don't mind my English just pay attention to the content.

A family friend called me and asked if I'll be interested in civil defense work, I told her yes why wouldn't I? She sent me a number to call the man he'll put me through the process.

I was excited, I called the man who spoke to me calmly, he asked me to send my details to him which include my name, age, height, qualifications and all, i did that without instantly i was sooo fast while typing I'm sure even flash will be trilled at the speed.

The next day he sent a civil defense form to me to fill and scan to his mail, i did that and called him to inform him, he then acknowledge that he has seen it and told me he has forwarded my form to their H.R. I should await their call, i was soo happy immediately i dropped the call i started googling salary of a degree holder of the civil defense officer, saw 121k in my mind i was like their Father i don arrive, i go soon buy Benz.

The H.R called me and told me they've contacted my school to ask if i graduated from their school and they told them yes. He then asked for my c.v and told me to wait for my appointment letter.

Early Thursday morning omo see appointment letter for my mail o!! with my name written in capital letter... I called him to notify him of the new development, he congratulated me and told me i will have to pay the sum of 85k for my 2 weeks training in Kano and the payment must be made before noon but i shouldn't worry the money will be returned after my training but u have to pay early so as not to loose the job. I went ahead to borrow the money from a friend and headed to the bank to make payment i already got inside the bank before calling him to send the acct number im to sent the money, that was how the civil defense H.R sent me Yayah Suleman's acct number, i started asking my self why would federal government send me a private account number to pay for training? called the guy and said o boy u almost fooled me sha, the guy laugh and said u got me nice one and dropped the call...

There are lot of scammers out there who will try to scam you all in the name of giving you employment abeg be careful.

Nice one.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by niceguy555: 6:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
ddooskie:

How did you know the bank to pay to when you've not received the account details? cheesy

Good question
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ProudlyNGN: 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sydney1995:

No Sir.
The amount depends on your connection, with SSCE 250-300
DEGREE OR HND IS 500-700.
Some get it for free sef as far as you are connected with one of the slot giver or recruitment officers
If I give you an answer then it is 100% Authentic.
I'm currently in Maximum Prison Quarters but my location or whether I'm a worker doesn't matter.... Security issues. Hope you understand.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ProudlyNGN: 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Do you have an idea of how much?
The amount carries and it depends on your level of connection and what qualification you are going to use so be specific.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Haywhymido(m): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
stevnwigw1:
How will this fellow work after paying that amount, this country needs to be closed, so that we start a fresh.
There was a country
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Niffy123(f): 6:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
freeman67:
I would have tried to give out all the hints to make you decode the scams here but I discovered that scammers are here looking for how to perfect their skills. They can not achieve through me.

I will still give some that they will never be able to beat.

First of all, for all the Jjb seekers here please be aware that employment letter is very vital in all government establishments. There always have screenings from time to time and you will have to present the original in hard copy so they hardly send it through e-mail. It is usually printed on a particular type of paper too depending on the MDA/SERVICE. The e-mail will not give you the type of paper required. Presenting any other unknown to the system can make you a ghost/fake employee.

Secondly, Appointment Letters for services/security agencies are issued as you are about to pass out of training. Though Civil Defence use to issue letters before training but I think they have now stopped it.

Thirdly, I believe if you are interested in a job you will have to do some homework about the Job. I do not think Civil Defence have a training centre in Kano indicated in what the displayed. There are red flags all over. Just that over excitement did not allow him to notice before then.

Fourthly, except the job was sold to you, nobody will ask you to pay money before resuming. I do not think there is any government agency that will ask you to come pay before training..for what? They can only tell you to come with specific items you will need and maybe make you spend money in the course of your training (Things like canvas, shorts, t-shirts, buckets etc. For the security guys) you would have gotten a preamble to this from NYSC.

Finally, we are now in a technologically advanced world. Just downloading true caller app alone can help you identify a scammer immediately his calls enter your phone. No matter how rich a scammer is he can not buy different SIMs for all the people he intends to scam because he is not certain of who exactly he can hoodwink among his intended prey.

You also will definitely not be the first he is scamming with that no. So someone he tried earlier would have already stored his details. There is no scammer that has called me since 2018 to date that I did discover his identity immediately. Some I decided to waste their credit so they won't have enough to call other people while others I insult outrightly..

Thanks for this information
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by samwillyco1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
Currently nothing is going on pertaining NSCDC, NCS and NDLEA as of now my guy. Becareful about job scammers my guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate / Access Bank Recruitment For Entry Level Admin Staff Nationwide 2017 / Apply For Graduate HR Trainees Position At UBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.