Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job (31559 Views)

How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker / Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by AmazingELixir: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by bcashy: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
sulaimon22:

it's real oo. Most especially Custom and Civil defense

Hmmmm

Immigration too na that amount!

750k to a million naira
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by zedegit: 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
angry

Damn nigger isorai decided to leave you when he found out you were a nairander and you are here forming wise ass.

Slaworr come and finish your job. embarassed

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Guzel: 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nicklaus619:
Chai this is so bad,
The scenario is painted with a lot of red flags

1. Whenever u see an offer of employment by any government ministry, department and agencies, always go the government website concern to check if this is truth or not, you can always contact their email address or twitter handle found beneath the website for further inquiry

2. A government body don't contract private body or individual to conduct recruitment or replacement of any kind, they do this collectively on their website and interview is done in their secretariat

3. Even if a government worker that works in the recruitment office of the department can't guarantee you 100% that he can get you employed, in this scenario, ask him to get you the employment and u pays him after u have started collecting salary.

Be wise guys, survive in Nigeria and u can succeed any wherein the world

See front page materials biko, no be only BBN cheesy
Number one is not always the case. Internal replacements are not advertised. Twitter handler may not have knowledge of that.
For me, the candidate should go to the office to collect the letter first before paying.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Sososo(f): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
My landlady was like bring #500000 let me get you into civil defense.

And I was like for how much exactly?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by dejavuh0007(m): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
OP is a Juice Wrld fan
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ponziponzi(m): 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
timibare:
omo 2 odds dey ooh....Lyon vs Bayern.....Bayern score over 2.5 goals

You need help. All you can think of after seeing money is gambling?

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sirblend: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ourown:
Scammers everywhere. God safe us

Please I'm job searching too.

I have B.Tech in Biochemistry (2:1). I have HSE and project management trainings. I'm smart and Tech Savvy, I have good computer, communication and analytical skills.

I can run ads, design graphics with canva and do video editing. I'm also currently learning python programing with Django

I'd be grateful for your recommendations.

Thank you, may God bless us all.

With all this IT skills you ought not to search for jobs.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by mranova(m): 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Why does a family member always have to be involved in this? Chai mine was my sister

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by morris477(m): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
Contact me for any security agency work for update of any if there is, I will let u know 07085259966 I base in PH
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ddooskie(m): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
sammyj490:

I went ahead to borrow the money from a friend and headed to the bank to make payment i already got inside the bank before calling him to send the acct number im to sent the money, that was how the civil defense H.R sent me Yayah Suleman's acct number

There are lot of scammers out there who will try to scam you all in the name of giving you employment abeg be careful.

How did you know the bank to pay to when you've not received the account details? cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by timibare(m): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
ponziponzi:

You need help. All you can think of after seeing money is gambling?
okay....or do you have any other thing to type?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Carmal90(m): 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lol
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Abudu2000(m): 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
sulaimon22:
Civil defense slot is around 750k. thank god u didn't fall for it
i had 750 in 2014 and they refused me that its 1m cash no less. The man said there were too many ppl to be sorted. Na so i take loose spot

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by zedegit: 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
sulaimon22:

It doesn't mean all #750 k demand are genuine.

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by goldenboyofpsy(m): 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
I called him to notify him of the new l, he congratulated me and told me i will have to pay the sulm of 85k for my 2 weeks training in Kano and the payment mulst be made before noon but i shouldn't worry the money will be returned after my training but u have to pay early so as not to loose the job....

This got me
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Jaqenhghar: 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
You are lucky. They scammed a friend off 150k.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by STARGREEN(m): 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
Every job seeker has a story to tell and sadly it is usually from people close to you.
Never fail to keep on searching for certainly you shall get a job someday, your sun must shine.

Wishing you the best and many others still searching.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by lereinter(m): 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
armadeo:

For real.

I know someone that paid 800k for federal fire job

He got it

At same time if he didn't get nobody to hold o
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by azadus18: 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
U jst dodge a bullet.....pls can u send d acct no, they sent you....

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ojesymsym: 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Very good question. I admit even I missed it.
ddooskie:

How did you know the bank to pay to when you've not received the account details? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by rickyboss333: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nicepoker:
You see that your family friend? let me keep quiet before dem ban me.

Most times, our family members are unaware it is a scam, especially d women folks. They actually mean well for us but they are not as exposed as we are, which is why scammers would prefer to go thru them these days.

8 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by GeneralPula: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
sulaimon22:

For sure bro??

How much be Army ?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
K
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Dannybammz: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
ddooskie:

His instinct told him too lol

Thank God they no scam you

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Kobicove(m): 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
sirblend:
If its FIRS OR CBN jobs be ready to cough out more than N1.5m if you don't know anyone there.

Slots here are reserved for Senators, Governors Ministers etc

This is really disgraceful sad

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by skyfather09(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
helinues:
Could you family friend also a culprit of this?

This is a corporate scam from insider in Civil Defense
23 is madddddd
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ReachRich(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
I guess this is the form they sent to u. They tried it on me but didn't succeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter / Join Me To Thank God Oooooo. I Have Just Gotten A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.