Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,267 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job (31643 Views)

How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker / Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Goalnaldo(m): 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
id4sho:

chai, my kidney
bro the thing was painful
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Goalnaldo(m): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
garugaru:
the thing the scammers do is they will tell you to go to the bank that they want you to pay to, when you get there is when they will send you the account number. They try to give you as little a time as possible to think things through
exactly!!
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by horchukoh(m): 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
nwele2017:

I bet you never fell for their little trick because of your family friend whose account was hacked, you fell because of your greediness. It's high time Nigerians learnt there is no free money online.
I admit it bro. I regret my action bitterly. I never knew I would fall for such scam cos I hardly believe things easily. I am totally devastated now.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Niffy123(f): 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
stormborn28:
are you not interested in the Nigerian Army?

No oo
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by mohims(m): 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
Elsueno:

@maasoap, mohims, onyeogalu1
Well, that's what a few persons I know paid during the last recruitments from those paramilitary agencies, They met face to face with the person, paid money and now they are already working. I gain nothing by lying to you people. How can you pay 1m for a job that ain't DPR, CBN or FIRS!

The entire annual salary of the paramilitary organisations at that time is just slightly above 1 mil per annum.

Anybody that paid 1 mil for slot in paramilitary na middlemen him settle. THIS IS MY LAST COMMENT ON THIS ISSUE. BYE
I am in the system. I paid 1 million naira many years ago for customs. My brother take it from me that whoever told you that they paid that amount of money never told you the truth. They probably didn't want you to freak out when you hear how much they paid. You can't even get customs now with 1M.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by mohims(m): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
jospepper:
yes. But before me I give someone money, I must be enrolled into IPPIS (payroll), letter of employment is secondary.
Good. Your head get oil. Chop knuckle jare

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Fear Ur Family Friend.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sirblend: 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
maasoap:

Here, here, here!!! Are you working here? Lol

Why do you ask?.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by maasoap(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
sirblend:

Why do you ask?.

I already stated why. Because you kept saying "here" repeatedly instead of there. Nothing serious
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by jimb(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
come to think of it, has civil defence shortlisted for 2019 recruitment?
Please some one should help me with this information, I might be involved in this oo
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sirblend: 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
maasoap:

I already stated why. Because you kept saying "here" repeatedly instead of there. Nothing serious

Lol
No mind me jare.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ProudlyNGN: 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ladycewhy:
position of a constable
250-300. But in Custom and Immigration it cost more than that...like 400-500. 100% sure.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ProudlyNGN: 11:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sydney1995:
Prison is 1M for entry level position!!

1Mill For SSCE level
Oga stop lying abeg.
I'm right now in Prison Quarters, entry-level (SSCE) is 250-300.
Degree and HND will cost you 500-700.
A lady bought HND slot at the rate of 400k last intake.
Please don't come here and lie to people that are always with the source
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by jackfj: 11:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Currently looking for ways to get into NCDMB or CBN
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by uthlaw: 12:10am On Aug 17, 2020
Elsueno:
Civil defence, fire service and customs go around 150~200k per slot if you go direct..Anything more na middle man things.

By the way, I don't know anybody woh
who go give you federal job for 200k....700k and above!
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by ddooskie(m): 12:15am On Aug 17, 2020
Vikalinda:

He told you that his English is not ok from beginning so they must have sent the details to him but he realised himself in the bank.
Federal mda now uses remita which can be paid in any bank just tell them to generate rrr code to pay in so he may want to use it.
he may want to pay from his account by transfer to any bank, you expect that the 85k will likely be cash sent to his account as borrow.
I now understand better cool
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by uthlaw: 12:16am On Aug 17, 2020
Ladycewhy:
police unkor? How much does it go for?
which rank!
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sammyj490(m): 12:42am On Aug 17, 2020
stormborn28:
you new name now is......... "ALMOST"
loooool maka y na
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by sammyj490(m): 12:50am On Aug 17, 2020
nwele2017:

Ops, I could barely comprehend what you wrote up there. it's good that you are trying your best improve yourself by writing. you should keep it up.
please I'm very sorry, i didn't go through it before posting, just seeing my errors, I'm very sorry
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 17, 2020
You need to hold that your relative
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by uthlaw: 1:01am On Aug 17, 2020
Ladycewhy:
position of a constable
hope you stay in north.....constable no hard na!
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by calebonuja: 1:07am On Aug 17, 2020
Why should you pay to get employed in the first place, isn't that wrong? Now let's even imagine this was actually real so you would have paid or rather bribe to be employed??!
In a sane could country, you, your relative and the third person infact everyone involved will be arrested.
Well I hope you've learnt something and please don't pay to get a job it's insane.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Ladycewhy(f): 4:55am On Aug 17, 2020
uthlaw:
which rank!
constable
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Ladycewhy(f): 4:56am On Aug 17, 2020
uthlaw:
hope you stay in north.....constable no hard na!
I don't stay in the north.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Okunrinogun: 6:15am On Aug 17, 2020
Please let's be careful of that Yahaya Sulyman he once scammed me of 7k on this same Civil defense job, my Aunty gave me his contact then that I should call him that he work with Civil defense, so I called him and he asked me to send my credentials to his email then he requested for 5k for medical fitness certificate which I told him I have that I should forward it to his mail but he said they won't accept it except the one done in their Abuja Clinic there, so I sent 5k to him, the next day he called to inform me that my appointment letter is ready but I need to send 2k to their personnel that is coming to Ilorin so that he can bring it along, so I sent the 2k then he called after some hours that his boss that help me get the job need to be appreciated that the job usually cost nothing less than 500k but he just decided to help me because my aunt is her good friend while in school, so I should send 50k just to appreciate him that's when I told him I don't have the money but he should let me receive my first salary that I will even appreciate him more than 50k that's how he flare up and began to insult me that I'm an ingrate that if I don't send the money he will make sure I didn't get the appointment letter but I stood my ground that I won't send the money until I receive my first salary and that's how we end it until he called back the following week that if it is 20k I can afford I should just send it but it's has already dawn on me that he's a scammer
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by damibjs: 7:16am On Aug 17, 2020
calebonuja:
Why should you pay to get employed in the first place, isn't that wrong? Now let's even imagine this was actually real so you would have paid or rather bribe to be employed??!
In a sane could country, you, your relative and the third person infact everyone involved will be arrested.
Well I hope you've learnt something and please don't pay to get a job it's insane.

U have never been into situations bfor...DAT u will do all wat it takes to get a job....
So many testimonies abt paying and getting the job...so u will also want to pass tru day route.... Its just for smone to be careful and anyone paying should not be in hurry.

Last two months....I was introduce to a middle man for me to get a job....I went to the agency with soldiers to make the payment....two dayz leta....I was called to come for my money back....saying....dey don't want any soldiers wahala ooo

HV come across so many middle men in the last 4 month..but the moment I told dem I will send soldiers to make payment dey will say no more replacement..

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Shina500(m): 7:27am On Aug 17, 2020
Ourown:
Scammers everywhere. God safe us

Please I'm job searching too.

I have B.Tech in Biochemistry (2:1). I have HSE and project management trainings. I'm smart and Tech Savvy, I have good computer, communication and analytical skills.

I can run ads, design graphics with canva and do video editing. I'm also currently learning python programing with Django

I'd be grateful for your recommendations.

Thank you, may God bless us all.

If you have all the skills you highlighted above then you don't need a job, create a job for yourself bro.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by vickydevoka(m): 7:48am On Aug 17, 2020
azadus18:
eeyah..sorry abt dat...av u reported d case anywhere
No. I jst let it be
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by collinshush: 8:43am On Aug 17, 2020
ProudlyNGN:

No Sir.
The amount depends on your connection, with SSCE 250-300
DEGREE OR HND IS 500-700.
Some get it for free sef as far as you are connected with one of the slot giver or recruitment officers
If I give you an answer then it is 100% Authentic.
I'm currently in Maximum Prison Quarters but my location or whether I'm a worker doesn't matter.... Security issues. Hope you understand.

I sent you pm please kindly reply it's urgent. Thanks.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by IghravweIG(m): 9:15am On Aug 17, 2020
ProudlyNGN:

1Mill For SSCE level
Oga stop lying abeg.
I'm right now in Prison Quarters, entry-level (SSCE) is 250-300.
Degree and HND will cost you 500-700.
A lady bought HND slot at the rate of 400k last intake.
Please don't come here and lie to people that are always with the source
Boss i sent you a pm. I would like to talk.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by uthlaw: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2020
Ladycewhy:
I don't stay in the north.
where is ur location,did you apply the recent one!
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Ladycewhy(f): 10:23am On Aug 17, 2020
uthlaw:
where is ur location,did you apply the recent one!
south south ,it's not for me but my sibling, want to help out but don't want to throw my money away to scammers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate / Access Bank Recruitment For Entry Level Admin Staff Nationwide 2017 / Apply For Graduate HR Trainees Position At UBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.