Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job (31563 Views)

How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker / Construction Company Vs Real Estate Firm For A Civil Engineer / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by DrTims(m): 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
I also know two people who paid for the federal fire service job. They paid 500k each and they got the job
lereinter:

I know someone that paid 800k for federal fire job

He got it

At same time if he didn't get nobody to hold o
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Investnow2017: 3:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
vickydevoka:

I was scammed same way but dis account number.
3141882883. First bank. Esther bulus
And what did you do thereafter? The account is owned and run by a human being nah. He or she is traceable, so....

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by bossrillboss: 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
timibare:
omo 2 odds dey ooh....Lyon vs Bayern.....Bayern score over 2.5 goals
...guy u funny die.sure odds wey sure pass death.lol
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Ibrahim94(m): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
jospepper:
please show me the way

I am also a job seeker like you. Though, I applied for the civil defence and Immigration and I am praying fervently to be among the successful ones because a Senator promised to Include my name on the list of his slot.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by armadeo(m): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
lereinter:

I know someone that paid 800k for federal fire job

He got it

At same time if he didn't get nobody to hold o

I dey tell you. Jesus see gamble.

Now tell me why that guy wouldn't be corrupt. He will first hustle that 800k back. Maybe he even borrowed it sef.

Nigeria is finished.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Rilwayne001: 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
sammyj490:

omo bro see the 85k i went to get o....as in i already got to the bank to send it before my inner spirit spoke out.

Thank your stars bro. And thanks for sharing this so we can avoid something of such in the nearest future too.

Lord knows how many people have fallen for this scam. These bastards will sure be preying on the large reservoir of unemployed graduates. I really wish the FG could send out a circular warning people to avoid something like this.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by tammie24: 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
ddooskie:

How did you know the bank to pay to when you've not received the account details? cheesy
good question!

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Originalsly: 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
WIZGUY69:

Quick question. Is this how people pay for job slots in other countries or the world?

Not saying people don't period.... but in most developed countries the system of hiring is a multi step one which makes it difficult to pay one person to slot you. Then there are sooo many laws.... that are enforced... that carry penalties of heavy fines and mandatory imprisonment. To most.. it is not worth the risk. Even Police face the same..... e.g. let's say you're driving without a licence.... got pulled over by Police.... and you offer a bribe.... nine out of ten times.... he will calmy ask you what the money is for.... accept it with a smile.... charge you for driving without a license and arrest and charge you for bribery.

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by DrTims(m): 3:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
smiley
ProudlyNGN:

Bro why you dey lie na?
Na akara Dem wan sell?
Any job in ministry of interior (Prison service, immigration, custom, fire service, civil defense etc)
the minimum is 300k even with ordinary SSCE level, with Degree and HND is far beyond that so don't come here and lie.
Before you Attack me I'm into the system please.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by horchukoh(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
I was scammed this morning oo on Facebook,I saw one post about one scheme called flip cash they promise to increase my money if I should invest in their scheme. it was a family friend I trusted that posted it on her Facebook page not knowing her account has been hacked and it's been controlled by those fraudsters. I later sent them the sum of 8900 naira hoping to get 30k. I wouldn't have fall for this scam if not that I trust this family friend of ours. they requested for my Facebook login details after I have sent the money that was I later discovered I have been scammed and they're the one behind my family friend account.

6 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by GreatGod2020(m): 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
sammyj490:
Please don't mind my English just pay attention to the content.

A family friend called me and asked if I'll be interested in civil defense work, I told her yes why wouldn't I? She sent me a number to call the man he'll put me through the process.

I was excited, I called the man who spoke to me calmly, he asked me to send my details to him which include my name, age, height, qualifications and all, i did that without instantly i was sooo fast while typing I'm sure even flash will be trilled at the speed.

The next day he sent a civil defense form to me to fill and scan to his mail, i did that and called him to inform him, he then acknowledge that he has seen it and told me he has forwarded my form to their H.R. I should await their call, i was soo happy immediately i dropped the call i started googling salary of a degree holder of the civil defense officer, saw 121k in my mind i was like their Father i don arrive, i go soon buy Benz.

The H.R called me and told me they've contacted my school to ask if i graduated from their school and they told them yes. He then asked for my c.v and told me to wait for my appointment letter.

Early Thursday morning omo see appointment letter for my mail o!! with my name written in capital letter... I called him to notify him of the new development, he congratulated me and told me i will have to pay the sum of 85k for my 2 weeks training in Kano and the payment must be made before noon but i shouldn't worry the money will be returned after my training but u have to pay early so as not to loose the job. I went ahead to borrow the money from a friend and headed to the bank to make payment i already got inside the bank before calling him to send the acct number im to sent the money, that was how the civil defense H.R sent me Yayah Suleman's acct number, i started asking my self why would federal government send me a private account number to pay for training? called the guy and said o boy u almost fooled me sha, the guy laugh and said u got me nice one and dropped the call...

There are lot of scammers out there who will try to scam you all in the name of giving you employment abeg be careful.

Lol, bros your own money small. I was asked to pay close to a million naira before he give me a slot that was when I laught in Chines way......If I have money close to a million cash, I will will not spend it on slot I will rather start the business that is already on my mind for long.

Scammer full everywhere in this country why would a citizen pay before securing a job in his country that is why we will know this country have turn upside down.

5 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Vikalinda(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Scammers are everywhere now, a guy chated me up on Facebook yesterday that he has a business that I will do that Will pay me well, he now sent a number of the company Manager. that I should Call him for details, minutes later he sent the alert he had received to convince me not knowing that another man had sent same alert messages with similar scam trick 2 days ago.
see the two alerts they sent, same account no. different account names.
PLEASE BE MORE CAREFUL NOW.
see screenshots

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by LZAA: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
helinues:
Could you family friend also a culprit of this?

This is a corporate scam from insider in Civil Defense
Shatapgrin
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by onyeogalu1(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
Elsueno:
Civil defence, fire service and customs go around 150~200k per slot if you go direct..Anything more na middle man things.

By the way, I don't know anybody woh

Nobody will collect 150k from youooooo
By the way, I don't know anybody.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by membranus: 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ori yo e (ur head saved you).
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by onyeogalu1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
helinues:
Could you family friend also a culprit of this?

This is a corporate scam from insider in Civil Defense

I don't think so
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by onyeogalu1(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
sirblend:
If its FIRS OR CBN jobs be ready to cough out more than N1.5m if you don't know anyone there.

in fact you need a miracle directly from heaven to get jobs here if you don't have anyone. Have you ever heard of any job vacancy here?.

Slots here are reserved for Senators, Governors Ministers etc

Even with that amount you won't get it without recommendation
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ourown:
Scammers everywhere. God safe us

Please I'm job searching too.

I have B.Tech in Biochemistry (2:1). I have HSE and project management trainings. I'm smart and Tech Savvy, I have good computer, communication and analytical skills.

I can run ads, design graphics with canva and do video editing. I'm also currently learning python programing with Django

I'd be grateful for your recommendations.

Thank you, may God bless us all.
There r much scammers on nairaland esp job sections.. funny enough,this fellows wouldn't want u to start the work and start paying them gradually from ur salary. They want u to pay millions after getting your appointment letters.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by mohims(m): 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Elsueno:
Civil defence, fire service and customs go around 150~200k per slot if you go direct..Anything more na middle man things.

By the way, I don't know anybody woh
Please stop misinforming people. Even ten years ago customs was a million naira.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by onyeogalu1(m): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
DancingSkeleton:
You’re mad, you about defrauding him again in the name of tithe

Lol
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by membranus: 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
timibare:
omo 2 odds dey ooh....Lyon vs Bayern.....Bayern score over 2.5 goals

Even the most novice in football will give you this odd.

Oga keep your common odds.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
An unknown number called me saying he is sososo person, that I sent him my cv, that I told him I'm looking for a job, that he has a slot in ministry of agriculture and wants to give me one and the slot is remaining for 2 people only that I should call so so so number, I called the number and the man told me that the other two ladies have taken their own slot and have resumed work,(that was when I smelt fowl play, there is no how one can get APL today and resume work that same week) he then said that I should send my name, date of birth, state of origin etc, then I should come to their office and pick the form, that the form is 25k, Omo na so I cut the call sharply, block their numbers before dem go chop office for my head. It is well. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Thank God. This guy's don improve ooo. Omo me self fit fall for this ooo. See form, then appointment letter too.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by mohims(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
salveoP:

Boss, show me the way ooo....abeg
No let them scam you o! That's impossible
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by mohims(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
ProudlyNGN:

Bro why you dey lie na?
Na akara Dem wan sell?
Any job in ministry of interior (Prison service, immigration, custom, fire service, civil defense etc)
the minimum is 300k even with ordinary SSCE level, with Degree and HND is far beyond that so don't come here and lie.
Before you Attack me I'm into the system please.
Your head get oil. Don't mind the liar. Even 10 years ago you wouldn't get it for that price let alone now. The guy is just misinforming people here

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by God2man2again(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Why would a mortal man take advantage of someone that is in need of help?

Even if he gets the money, will that money prosper him?

Scammers are just wasting their precious time duping people. The money that will never add to them but substract from them through out their lives.

What a pity!

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by mohims(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
jospepper:
please show me the way
Guy take it easy make person no scam you o! I noticed you are a Jos guy like me abi?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Vikalinda(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
ddooskie:

How did you know the bank to pay to when you've not received the account details? cheesy
He told you that his English is not ok from beginning so they must have sent the details to him but he realised himself in the bank.
Federal mda now uses remita which can be paid in any bank just tell them to generate rrr code to pay in so he may want to use it.
he may want to pay from his account by transfer to any bank, you expect that the 85k will likely be cash sent to his account as borrow.
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by vickydevoka(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Investnow2017:

And what did you do thereafter? The account is owned and run by a human being nah. He or she is traceable, so....
Is a he buh he used dis account number
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Ofemmanu1: 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
sulaimon22:

it's real oo. Most especially Custom and Civil defense
You get any link?
Re: How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job by Chynwe(f): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lwkmd!!!!Scammers aren't smiling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter / Join Me To Thank God Oooooo. I Have Just Gotten A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.