Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! (64312 Views)

My Family Is At The Verge Of Destruction / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Galactico4ever(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2020
You're still an under aged girl.Grow up first.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by femi4: 8:01am On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together. Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august.He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them(parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend(girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy. Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.
That boy has no regard for you or your parents. He's self centred, leave him and let him go

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2020
He can still give you your birthday gifts on another day. If he's serious about you he would meet your parents. If they know who he is and like him I'm sure they would be more tolerant to you visiting him without having you to do it behind their backs. Please listen to your parents!

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together. Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august.He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them(parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend(girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy. Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.

Tell him to come and see your parents.

That you want your parents to know him so that they can be free to allow you travel to see him.

Very simple.

In fact you should pay me for this kind of advice. I don't give free advice.

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by tabithababy(f): 10:21am On Aug 16, 2020
Introduce him to your parent

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by ednut1(m): 10:43am On Aug 16, 2020
Sex sex sex
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Saintmary(f): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Take a chill pill. Keep building yourself and you will soon meet a better person.
I see low self esteem at play here.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by rhemauni: 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Call that relationship off its a burden and focus on getting a job. What nonsense relationship are u having with an irresponsible guy.

At 22 boyfriend should not be your top priority.

If he wants to have you always then he should come and see your parents.

He just wants to keep fucking u until he is tired and dumps for the next dude angry

Better give yourself sense ooo

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by lilachiever(m): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lol, I've not seen my girlfriend since March 20.

The nigga is looking forward to something else and not just meeting up with you.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
angry

If you can not introduce your boyfriend to your parents and still need to sneak out to see him, then you're not mature enough to have one.

Also if your parents can still not allow you travel to see a "girl" friend, then it means they still see you as too young to do things on your own. Which is true cos imagine, you had to lie.

What if something happens to you on the way? They'll start looking for you in the wrong place. Or worst still, you'll implicate your girl friend who'll not know how to exonerate herself.

Now, focus on building your maturity to a point where you can convince your parents beyond reasonable doubt that you are mature enough to take care of yourself and go for such trips.

Tell your guy to come and see your parents. if he really cares and is not just after chopping something, he'll oblige. Otherwise, forget about him. He's deceiving you.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Ishilove: 1:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

I told them(parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend(girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this.
You better sit your small, round ass down in your father's house. You want to be travelling up and down in this Corona era. Would he encourage his kid sister to be bus hopping interstate because of preek? A responsible person will not encourage you to lie to your parents because if, may God forbid something happens to your enemy, how will your parents be able to trace you? You will just kobalise your innocent friend because no one will believe she doesn't have a hand in your disappearance.

See, if he wants to go, let him go. He is selfish and immature. Screw on your head tight and focus on building your career until such a time you feel ready and mature enough to bring man to your father's house.

14 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Whyzaid(f): 3:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
A guy that is serious with you will not be comfortable to hear that you lied to your parents, infact he will use this act to abuse you sooner or later.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Karleb(m): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Whatever you do, don't listen to Nairaland feminist! grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Your BOYFRIEND wants to PHUCK.
And You want to PHUCK too.
So, why disturbing NAIRALANDERS...?
Please, make ur way and PHUCK in Peace

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by bukatyne(f): 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

At 22, listen to whoever will stand by you if, on your way to Lagos or your return trip to Abeokuta, you break your two legs.

Not just one grin

Osanobua!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by bukatyne(f): 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
iamadonis2:
Nairaland men and boys are hypocrites. All of you castigating the boyfriend, sheybi you didn’t do worse?

All of you telling OP to forget him if he hasn’t proposed yet, sheybi it’s this economy your father built that a young man will go and propose just to quest natural God-given konji?

Y’all are hypocrites

grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Your bf has to understand. You are done with higher institution, your parents shouldn't be so strict with you. Sometimes parents can be protective, we shouldn't blame them.

Same thing happen to me, my ex gf was a waec official, her office lodged her in Asaba for a week (students were writing waec) and I reside in warri, I had to lie to my dad that I'm having a job aptitude test in Asaba for him to let me go. It was a wonderful experienced everything was paid for.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Acidosis(m): 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
bukatyne:

Not just one grin

Osanobua!

grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by bukatyne(f): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
@Heartheart,

I worry about his intentions for you if his solution to your parents stopping you is not convincing them but breaking up.

My advice is not for you if you are new age sexual freedom advocate and only want sex.

At 22, you should be looking for a job and marriage if you desire to.

A man interesting in relationship to marriage would not want you to be on the bad side of your parents because of him: it would ruin his chances with your parents.

Again, he might talking out of frustration thinking you are not putting enough effort to visit him. After all, you said he visited Abeokuta regularly and lodged in an hotel.

Either ways, he is not displaying emotional intelligence and thoughtfulness or his friends aka NL redpillers are filling his head with 'she has a spare tyre' that's why she's not coming.

You need to strategize: if you are sure of this man, what is the plan? Move to Lagos with him? If yes, do you plan to work or your own business? Do you like to live in Lagos? You know the area he stays: do you like it?

How is he helping you to ease into Lagos life for the future? Jobs? Business proposals, plans?

Rather still, do you want to explore getting a job in Abeokuta that can be transferred to Lagos (I am thinking Banking angry) when the time comes?

Have you thought about the fact that you might stay at home a while before something comes up? And kids might come during that period?

You have more pressing issues than curing konji right now.

If you are sure of him, discuss the points I raised with you and introduce him to your parents.

If they are not fine with you visiting him in Lagos, they might allow you visit him in an hotel when he comes to Abeokuta.

They might even host him for a weekend if your house is big enough.

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Damned kids!
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by bukatyne(f): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

grin

Leave one leg for her na.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Takotsubo: 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
@Op,
It's strange that you're panicking over an ORDINARY boyfriend ,worst of it all is that you don't appear to be smart @ 22 years.

You're at the prime of your life and you're bending over backwards for an ordinary man who wants to break up with you just because your parents refuse for you to leave the house and come over to his for knacking?

You should have him eating out of your palms at this stage and willing to do anything to maintain the relationship.

A man who respects you and has any regard for you would NEVER EVER suggest a break up under these circumstances,this already gives a clue as to the kind of person he is.

If sex is to be had,it should be at your convenience,when you want and how you want not under duress and because of break up threats..No Dyck is worth it.

I feel sorry for you and hope that you start gathering sense otherwise,you'll keep being manipulated anyhow by all these low calibre boys.

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by jericco1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lol he'll still dump you my dear
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by chaloskyx: 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
DUMP HIM FIRST smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by SaintLucia: 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Seek for a court injunction grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Starz825(m): 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
My Sister, you will Save not only your Relationship..

You will also be Saving your Head by Listening to your Parents..

If the Young Man is Serious! Let Him come to see your Parents..

Don't Let the Lure of Infatuation and Sex Destroy your Glorious Life...

There is Nothing there..
There is nothing there kind of show you must have been there grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Taiwojon(m): 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
so?…......

he is not ready for marriage
why should he stayed in a corrupt relationship

better leave him and cleave to God to give you your own expected husband and stop this Rubbish of boyfriend and girlfriend

say no to boyfriend and girlfriend
say no to fornication
say no for immorality

make Jesus your Lord and all that belong to you will not pass you

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by InSanety: 10:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
If he dumps you, will you die?

Instead of you to beat him to it, you dey here dey sound alarm.

E fit be say the guy dom get another babe for the Lagos sef, meanwhile he dey pressure you, dey turn your brain like semo.

If he is serious, make he come your papa house and formally introduce himself as your boyfriend. No be to dey do hotel waka for Abeokuta like say na ashawo you be.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by MartinsD12(m): 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.
At 22 you should be in school and stop chasing shadows, get a future, plan something to do with your life not some useless sexx relationship that will ruin u
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by SaintLucia: 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Seek for a court injunction from a State High in Port Harcourt grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by crazygod(m): 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Jamjoon:
Have sense & grow up!
My 2 cents ✌.
[s][/s]
Best advice here. Op grow up.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Long distance relationships always tow a fine line. I understand your bf but he has to be more understanding of the fact that you live with your parents.

How old is he? How serious are you guys? Do you have a job/destination lined up?

Have you guys talked about moving forward in life? Because he might be throwing away a potentially good relationship for no sensible reason.

We only have your version of events though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video) / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / This Is A Fallout From The Happenings In Chrisland School VGC Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.