Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,769 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! (64348 Views)

My Family Is At The Verge Of Destruction / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by ezechi24(m): 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Jamjoon:
Have sense & grow up!
My 2 cents ✌.
[s][/s]

No blame her ...she's just 22...she's still a kid
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by jaxxy(m): 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.

U bf needs to be patient he’s acting like a kid or does it mean if u both get married and u have to go for a course or be away cos of work he won’t have control over himself?? Just 2 months and he’s crying of loneliness on a one year or less relationship??

That said on ur part all I need to do is get a job in Lagos and problem solved. U can’t depend on ur parents for life or will u?? undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 11:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Do not advice her to marry just for sex.

Marriage is a serious matter.

seunjungle1:
You're very sick! All you enjoy doing with that guy is fuvk fuvk and fuvk!!! If you know that you love him and he really want to marry you why can't him tell your parents you want to marry and invite the guy to do every needs to engage you in marriage. I smell that your relationship with the guy cannot last

[ author=Heartheart post=92860414]Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by NiklauseFred(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
dingbang:
Please leave that man, he isnt understanding. A responsible man who knows that a lady is still living under her parents roof will not think of telling you to leave your parents house passing the night in another state.

I dont think i can advice you better than this guy. cool
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by lasmile(f): 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
Wahala for who no get lover.

Guys check my siggy
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by adanny01(m): 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Girl, you're in bad shape. You made a huge mistake but be positive, its your service year and you didn't get pregnant.

Relationships during the service year don't last, some one should have told you that.

It seems you didn't have a boyfriend in school since you are not attached to that one. Am sure you guys f.cked really well and you will miss it. That's life, move on. Consider him an experience. He has not taken anything from you.

You will meet the right guy.

When next you talk, be bold and tell him to bring the stuff he bought to your father's house or sell and pay for the hotel else he should not call again.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by ezechi24(m): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
athaboi:
allow that puna to rest...the one wey him collect when you were still serving in Lagos is enough... keep the puna for your husband

You think say the thing no dey hungry her too...her body no be fire wood o

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by OBA117(m): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tell him to approach your parents, if he could not then flee, what did I say? flee for your life undecidedTell him to approach your parents, if he could not then flee, what did I say? flee for your life
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
Biko when did your grandma marry? Was it even a marriage?

Had society no value then too?

greggng:

What I am saying is that society 've lost its value ...at 22 a serious person should be thinking about getting a job before putting all her mind on a man ...
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by bigpicture001: 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
OP the answer is simple.. He shld visit u and ur parents being at home.. If he meant some tin very long term... So dey would know him. Better and den allow u go see him sometimes...

Your Tru with skl.. ND shld hv some degree of independence... But he also shld help u achieve it......

But if it's a "let's see how it goes relationship" he shldnt visit yet.. ND you have to do ur own job of making out tym for both of u
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by sinola(m): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
Never you visit that idiot without telling someone... I'm guessing he wants to use you for money ritual... See Morocco see spain.!
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by clive2u(m): 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
You know he wants to fvck you right?
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by victoradey(m): 11:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
OMG! Though I didn't know you but your write up shows the guy only want you for sex.
You are still very young consider the fact that you are a graduate at 22, there are many profitable things you can still do with this your age that will make other ladies look up to you and give you a glorious future.
Thank God for your strict parent who don't want your destiny and glory to be battered and butchered on the altar of sex, listen to them the more and be more close to your creator to know why you are here on earth so that your route and journey life can be defined. Being bothered by boy enemy is a distraction to you now and a poison to your moving forward.
Make meaningful use of your time on something profitable, not in pursuit of men that is only around to empty you of your glory.
Let the guy go and have a close relationship with God for the best.
Listen to your parent, don't be bothered by the word lust that rapped as love, make meaningful use of your time for a glorious future and have a close relationship with your creator for your self discovery.
I see a glorious destiny!
I see a brighter future!
I see a world changer!

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
cooooooks:
Biko when did your grandma marry? Was it even a marriage?

Had society no value then too?

grin
22 was considered too old. By 15, 16 you're married.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by confydoedowaye(m): 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
I'm sure by now @Heartheart must have taken a decision... Trust nairaland with advice...
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by bigpicture001: 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
OBA117:
Tell him to approach your parents, if he could not then flee, what did I say? flee for your life undecidedTell him to approach your parents, if he could not then flee, what did I say? flee for your life

U talk like an 18year old.. Is it every relationship that u jump and approach someone's parents.. Won't u get to know ur partner properly..?

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by beautyhound(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Inside life... my story is d same, I will have sworn I was d bf but it's a reversal case... I stay in Abk and my gf stays in Lagos.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
I'm waiting for the guy to answer lol.

People should stop saying age when they have no sensible advice to give.

Chii59:

grin
22 was considered too old. By 15, 16 you're married.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
Abeg secondary schools should do and open.

bigpicture001:

U talk like an 18year old.. Is it every relationship that u jump and approach someone's parents.. Won't u get to know ur partner properly..?

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 11:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
You know she wants to fvck him right?

clive2u:
You know he wants to fvck you right?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Ten06(m): 11:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Immediately I saw boyfriend I stopped reading the story.
My advice for you is that boyfriend is an illegal relationship, let him go so that you can create space for legal relationship that will bless your life
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by MartinsD12(m): 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
cooooooks:
Advice should be understood else whats the point.

Saying nothing is not an advice.

Read to understand
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by greggng: 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
1Sharon:

And who told you she isnt focused on doing that?

Ever since she graduated and finish service, she has been at home. The only achievement was lieing to her parent in other to allow her go visit a boy friend in Lagos ...As if that is not enough , she kept on seeing the guy whenever he is in abeokuta ...in a hotel as if she be ashawo ....Everything u need to answer your question is in her write up ..,just that you were fast enough not to comprehend ...let her go and get a life first before bothering us with kindergarten love affair ..
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Slynation(m): 11:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Msteew.... The guy only planned how to phuck you before dumping your arse!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by johnnychuks(m): 11:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
he is not a responsible man or he still a small boy that have no experience in live, he should be grateful that he have girl friend that had super strict parent.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by RTSC: 11:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
mutter:
Honestly at that age after your youth service you should be old enough to visit friends and spend the night.
However, you have finished your youth service what stops him from proposing?
My dear don't be left behind when the marriage wind blows.
If he is not ready let him keep his distance so that serious men can come forward.
A 22 year old girl cannot spend the night outside her parents house in any responsible household.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by BabaRamota1980: 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad

For true definition of long distance, check this out, he is in kandahar and you are in Beverly Hills. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by DonDraper66: 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
You must be carefull ,,, many were invited by their so called boyfriends but didn't return home alive ,,, your best friend could be your worst enemy ,,, he has a plan and it could be very dangerous ,,, imagine @22 you are deceiving your parents because of a stranger ,,, that they don't know ,,, you have a spiritual problem ,,, try and see tb joshua or odumeje
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by 1Sharon(f): 11:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
greggng:

Ever since she graduated and finish service, she has been at home. The only achievement was lieing to her parent in other to allow her go visit a boy friend in Lagos ...As if that is not enough , she kept on seeing the guy whenever he is in abeokuta ...in a hotel as if she be ashawo ....Everything u need to answer your question is in her write up ..,just that you were fast enough not to comprehend ...let her go and get a life first before bothering us with kindergarten love affair ..

OK will she employ herself?
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by abdullahi45: 11:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
Heartheart:

Love is about sacrifice and understanding the other partner's situations and conditions. If he truly loves you, he won't be angry over this insignificant thing, since your visit is hampered by your parents and there's nothing you can do about that, rather he would find a way to make a visit.

All this love love sef. So now, he feels he has right over you, who is he to even ask you to visit his house. Has he paid your bride price. Yeye boy.

To love is to lost, don't forget!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
cooooooks:
I'm waiting for the guy to answer lol.

People should stop saying age when they have no sensible advice to give.

Just like my sugar zaddy Righteousness89 grin. He is fond of giving impractical answers.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How Do I Forgive Him? / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? / Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.