Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! (64392 Views)

My Family Is At The Verge Of Destruction / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Euegene100001: 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Period .If he wants her so badly he should marry her
ding-bang:
Please leave that man, he isnt understanding. A responsible man who knows that a lady is still living under her parents roof will not think of telling you to leave your parents house passing the night in another state.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by smallsmall: 12:00am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Pls guys to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.

Please, what is this GOOD TIMES TOGETHER that you and the Guy spent in Lagos, for a whole service year!?
What about the good times in the Hotels?

And you are here forming good girl, Mummy Pikin.
Abeg, make the guy come nearest Hotel with bafday Money and Bleep each other till you can take no more.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by 12inchess: 12:01am On Aug 17, 2020
Tell them juicy job interview from Chevron or Shell is calling. They will let u go.But remember Corona is outside. However, If Mohammed cannot go to the forest, the forest must go to mohammed. Cunny man die, Cunny man bury am. All of you forming Saint. Yinmu. Na lie. We all did it. Hahahaha. Better go see your boyfriend abeg. If they ask for proof of interview, u can always employ one of those teenage graphic designers in your area. Just make sure u tell somoene trusted among ur family or friends where ure indeed going.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:02am On Aug 17, 2020
dingbang:
Please leave that man, he isnt understanding. A responsible man who knows that a lady is still living under her parents roof will not think of telling you to leave your parents house passing the night in another state.

Absolutely
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 17, 2020
cooooooks:
Lool.

Many guys allow this false info to create false expectations that could harm real life relationships.

They should go and check polls thay measure how many women fake satisfaction and other related questions.

When they meet real life and realise that the konji they think they have hook their girl more than them, they begin to feel emasculated.

cheesy

Emasculated is the word. They get intimidated by such. Hence they keep making posts in why it's best to marry a virgin girl. I laugh grin
Just because one de flowered his babe no mean say she no fit chook eye for outside. grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by CaptainFM1: 12:03am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.

Let him come and meet your parent first. No parents would like the bride price of their daughters to be reduced by someone they don't know.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 17, 2020
Long distance relationship is not easy when you love and are committed to your partner but then the love and commitment also makes both understand the need for patience since they know the value of what they share.
It is only irresponsible guy/babe that never for once feel uncomfortable with long distance relationship because they always have alternatives.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by andyanders: 12:09am On Aug 17, 2020
Most of you girls not yet married reasons with their anus instead of their brain. Your parents gave you an instruction not to travel and you want to disobey your parents 'cus of a guy who doesn't reason with his brain, but his legs.

Op, I pity your stupidity.

Same stupidity lead a promising young girl, to her early grave. She lied to her parents that she was travelling to see her girl friend in Ogun state, but parents never knew she was going to Abuja along with her girlfriend. Their bus had an accident along Abuja road, she died but her friend survived.

Op, a guy who cannot reason with you and count himself lucky to have someone like you, whose parents are very strict, doesn't worth a human being.

Op, have you asked yourself a question? What if something goes wrong on this journey?
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by abdullahi45: 12:10am On Aug 17, 2020
Op
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by kilokeys(m): 12:10am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.

He is selfish. Chill. If he is so keen about seeing you everyday , let him do the needful.

How mismatched folks meet dey amaze me..

Me sef on this side na so so werey person dey jam.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by TooGod247(m): 12:11am On Aug 17, 2020
keep dat puna free for one year na , at 22 puna have serve federal govt in dey name of nysc , i greet u puna of dey year
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by DAVE5(m): 12:12am On Aug 17, 2020
Acidosis:

At 22, listen to whoever will stand by you if, on your way to Lagos or your return trip to Abeokuta, you break your two legs.

This is the bestest reply ever to such question

So full of wisdom

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Originalsly: 12:13am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday.

Hmmmm.......and you believe this?? .... I can see why your parents wouldn't even allow you to visit your girl friend. This I can say about your smartness to get there by hook or by crook.... it is people like you that end up dead and unclaimed.... raped and dumped.... missing... but parents not paying attention to such cases because your given destination was not in that area or along the way.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Depressedkidd: 12:15am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

Ha, you've passed out and you're still Letting your parents boss you. You have to eventually stand up to them and let them know you're not a kid anymore, doesn't matter if you live with them or not. I don't blame the guy cos I also wouldn't be able to make that kind of relationship work. You just have to let your parents know that you're not a kid anymore.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Benrosaria(m): 12:17am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

Waka comot from the relationship. Shekina
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cooooooks(m): 12:18am On Aug 17, 2020
And e no mean say sge go dey follow you like say she no get sense.

Using all these manipulative strategies to get somebody no dey work.

Chii59:

Emasculated is the word. They get intimidated by such. Hence they keep making posts in why it's best to marry a virgin girl. I laugh grin
Just because one de flowered his babe no mean say she no fit chook eye for outside. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by KELVINXY: 12:22am On Aug 17, 2020
Don’t go anywhere
Listen to your parents...they say. undecided

The man you portrayed here seems like a promising and comfortable person,

This is how most of u miss marriage proposal

Just in case you decide not to make any bold move to break your childish ass off ur parents shackles for once in ur life,

Better don’t come here on NL shouting “all men are scum” when u hear wedding bell tomorrow.. angry

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by andyanders: 12:23am On Aug 17, 2020
Op, I know your type. Your type comes from a responsible homes where parents restricts and protects their female children. When you get slight freedom, you can sleep with your gateman, cook or gardner. I witnessed a lot of such in GRA, Ikeja when I was growing up.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 17, 2020
cooooooks:
And e no mean say sge go dey follow you like say she no get sense.

Using all these manipulative strategies to get somebody no dey work.

Them no sabi that one na. They think that it's by marrying a virgin it will cover up for their sexual performance since she's never lain with anyone else. Till babe becomes curious (because definitely she will be curious) and decides to sample someone else.
Virginity is not the foundation of morality.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 17, 2020
I just have to take another Bottle before I can know where I can come in.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cmecproblem(m): 12:27am On Aug 17, 2020
Hahahahaha your parents know.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by tete7000(m): 12:28am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

You lack focus and don't know what is good for you. Listen to your parents to sve your soul.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by opportunities12(m): 12:39am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

RUN baby RUN! As fast as your legs can carry you
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by mutter(f): 12:42am On Aug 17, 2020
usecondom:
So, after service what's next is marriage? No wonder men don't respect ladies in Nigeria. What happens to her dreams and career?

quote author=mutter post=92863320]Honestly at that age after your youth service you should be old enough to visit friends and spend the night.
However, you have finished your youth service what stops him from proposing?
My dear don't be left behind when the marriage wind blows.
If he is not ready let him keep his distance so that serious men can come forward.

No she should go in for a relationship with a man who doesn't want commitment.
Is that what you would prefer
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:44am On Aug 17, 2020
Haha u gettin dumped b!tch tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by mutter(f): 12:45am On Aug 17, 2020
RTSC:

A 22 year old girl cannot spend the night outside her parents house in any responsible household.

Certainly not.
Remember she lied to her parents that she was wanted to visit a girl.
So i was referring to that reason and not going to a man.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by DedeNkem: 12:46am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

I once had a girlfriend whose parents were very strict, probably, worse than yours. I was happy about it because it indicated she wasn't free to roam around anyhow like other girls. In fact, she wasn't even the type!

So due to her situation, she only visited whenever she on way back to Uni. or returning. I was the one who visited more. We usually met in a friend's home who lived close to her home, and few times in a hotel. I visited her at school too.

We loved each other so much and we were absolutely faithful to each other! Her parent never knew we were dating because they would have "killed" her if they did. They hadly allowed her to visit her friends who lived closeby. They mostly preferred allowing her friends to visit her at home. That's the level of strictness!

In fact, there was a time her parents traveled to their village, and she took a secret trip to see me. She was to spend 24hr with me (a rare event). She planned to leave the next day to be home before her parents return but I convinced her to stay one more day as her parents were expected to return after three days.

That was a very big mistake! Unfortunately, her parents returned after two days, the same day my girl was returning. Thus, they were waiting for her when she arrived home. They kicked her out the house and threw her properties out through the window! It took 24hrs for her apologies to be accepted. That incident nearly broke her and I was devastated when I knew what went down. I blamed myself because I was the id*iot who convinced her to stay longer than she planned.

This particular girl I'm talking about is now my wife! And we are still very much in love and happy! She's laughing as I write this now. smiley

In your case, your guy supposed to be happy that you're from a strict home. Strict homes protect girls a lot which is good!

If your boyfriend doesn't understand your situation, it may be because he's used to wayward girls. And he may not be the right guy for you.

If he is threatening to dump you because you refused to disobey your parents (who are protecting you) in order to satisfy him, then let him go, and thank me later! He's selfish and that's a big red flag you should seruously take into consideration!

If I could cope with my then girlfriend, at a time when mobile phone didn't exist, why won't he? If he really loves you, he will make plans to continue visiting you! A real man who is in love, is ready to move mountains to reach his Love.

Is he the right guy for you? Only you know! Take care!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nicole21: 12:59am On Aug 17, 2020
Better calm down
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 17, 2020
Rubbish!!!Na privk dey Shark you so like most women and na Cheap pussy that your bf dey look for so coz him go don too spend so much servings on Olosho.
We Guys are wired this way while Women are mis-wired that way.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Germi9: 1:06am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

see oh!!! a graduate,an x-copper thinks her parents dont know she has a boyfriend hahahahaha
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Mike23r: 1:30am On Aug 17, 2020
[quote author=iamadonis2 post=92865700]Nairaland men and boys are hypocrites. All of you castigating the boyfriend, sheybi you didn’t do worse?

All of you telling OP to forget him if he hasn’t proposed yet, sheybi it’s this economy your father built that a young man will go and propose just to quench natural God-given konji?

Y’all are hypocrites [/quote

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Mike23r: 1:33am On Aug 17, 2020
DedeNkem:

I once had a girlfriend whose parents were very strict, probably, worse than yours. I was happy about it because it indicated she wasn't free to roam around anyhow like other girls. In fact, she wasn't even the type!

So due to her situation, she only visited whenever she on way back to Uni. or returning. I was the one who visited more. We usually met in a friend's home who lived close to her home, and few times in a hotel. I visited her at school too.

We loved each other so much and we were absolutely faithful to each other! Her parent never knew we were dating because they would have "killed" her if they did. They hadly allowed her to visit her friends who lived closeby. They mostly preferred allowing her friends to visit her at home. That's the level of strictness!

In fact, there was a time her parents traveled to their village, and she took a secret trip to see me. She was to spend 24hr with me (a rare event). She planned to leave the next day to be home before her parents return but I convinced her to stay one more day as her parents were expected to return after three days.

That was a very big mistake! Unfortunately, her parents returned after two days, the same day my girl was returning. Thus, they were waiting for her when she arrived home. They kicked her out the house and threw her properties out through the window! It took 24hrs for her apologies to be accepted. That incident nearly broke her and I was devastated when I knew what went down. I blamed myself because I was the id*iot who convinced her to stay longer than she planned.

This particular girl I'm talking about is now my wife! And we are still very much in love and happy! She's laughing as I write this now. smiley

In your case, your guy supposed to be happy that you're from a strict home. Strict homes protect girls a lot which is good!

If your boyfriend doesn't understand your situation, it may be because he's used to wayward girls. And he may not be the right guy for you.

If he is threatening to dump you because you refused to disobey your parents (who are protecting you) in order to satisfy him, then let him go, and thank me later! He's selfish and that's a big red flag you should seruously take into consideration!

If I could cope with my then girlfriend, at a time when mobile phone didn't exist, why won't he? If he really loves you, he will make plans to continue visiting you! A real man who is in love, is ready to move mountains to reach his Love.

Is he the right guy for you? Only you know! Take care!

i dey dis sme stuff,ah go follow ur advice ,it i work eh,i go send thunder give una

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video) / How Do I Forgive Him? / This Is A Fallout From The Happenings In Chrisland School VGC Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.