Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! (64341 Views)

My Family Is At The Verge Of Destruction / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving / My Sister Is On The Verge Of Making The Worst Mistake Of Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Fucsheetup(f): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2020
frozen70:
22yrs is too young for you to understand men

Just take it easy, them they do person strong things

If you eat pineapple the way the taste is sweet, you will definitely pourge
Understander of men, please tell us how they work.

The rest of us women are still confused.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Worksunlimited: 8:00am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.

Let him do as he pleases, I am sorry to say.

If he is for you, he will come back.

Never hold on to that, that wants to leave.

Never beg for love.

You are fairly young, don't make our past mistakes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by buiquiey(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:
Hi I just needed to bring this here. I am 22 years of age and I am not happy at all. My boy friend and I are in a long distance relationship. Not long perse. He is in lagos while I'm in abeokuta. I served in lagos so that's how we met and we got to spend quality time together.

Now since I've passed out I've been at home. I passed out in June. So it's been June that we saw last and now we're in august. He has been disturbing me to come visit him as it has not been easy staying alone, loneliness and all. I promised to visit him next week which also happened to be my birthday week. I have super strict parents but I still promised I will find my way.

I told them (parents) that I was travelling to visit a friend (girl). I could not tell them it was my boyfriend I was going to see because I knew deep down they wouldn't allow me travel to another city to see a guy. But my parents have blatantly refused that I cannot visit this girl. I had to tell my bf that I was not going to come. He was so sad and angry and he let me know he has wasted a lot of money preparing to surprise me for my birthday. He was so excited to see me and he had made a lot of plans. He told me he was disappointed in me and he doesn't think he can continue a relationship like this. Yes he comes to abeokuta sometimes but he mostly lodges in the hotel. He told me he can't continue lodging in the hotel that if I love him I will make effort. I tried to convince my parents they did not gree. Imagine, I told them I wanted to see a gf that they knew and they refused. What if I had told them he was a guy.

Pls guys how do u advise me to save my relationship, I'm in a tight spot right now and really sad.

If it is because of this you are now scared, why not let him go and have his way? Sometimes we have to be critical in taking decisions without looking back. He is fully aware of the strictness of your parent and want to use his selfish desire to lure you because of your birthday? My dear if you have good plans for yourself please focus on your life.

Moreover, you just said you passed out from service this year and what plans have you made for yourself in preparation of your career after the pandemic? If a guy wants to tie you down because of selfish love, then start pursuing your career goals to achieve your main purpose here on earth. This your love I see it not going to lasting ooo... My advice sha

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by v2: 8:06am On Aug 17, 2020
You can't anything about such a situation. If he can't understand things, as they are then let him go. This is not a time for unnecessary trip since you can't even tell your parents the truth about where you are going to.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Alwaysachick: 8:08am On Aug 17, 2020
Man should not be your problem at 22. If he is not ready to commit, leave him.

And on the strict parent matter, if they(your parent) don't have plans for you, try and leave for greener pastures. Because they will still be the ones to frustrate you to leave the house when you turn 30.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by frozen70(f): 8:11am On Aug 17, 2020
Fucsheetup:
Understander of men, please tell us how they work.

The rest of us women are still confused.

Self experience gives you a better understanding
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by frozen70(f): 8:15am On Aug 17, 2020
Fucsheetup:
She is still under her parents because she’s lazy, what is a 22year old graduate still doing in her parents house?

Nigerians are amusing, when does one become a full fledged adult in your country? At 30?

If you have a good sound of sense of reasoning, you will read where she started that she just finished her youth service this June

Where do you want her to stay
Even at 22yrs you already lost your bearing
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by cnonyechi(f): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

You should have told them you have a job interview to attend. You are no more a child naa your mates Don marry finish.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Archie30: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2020
dingbang:
you mentioned you served in lagos, so therefore you had the opportunity to see him.. Now that you are in your parents house, he should understand. I think you should find someone who stays in your locality to date so you dont punish yourself with lots of emotional trauma

You are an adult at 22. Your emotions and mental state is very much important to the person you are and want to be. Your parents advise is one of the many options in making several lifetime decisions which you and only you alone will be responsible and will be held accountable for. You love this guy, tell parents you are in love with a man and you want to see him. You parents met each other somehow. It's your life not theirs. Do not end up buy unhappiness remotely engineered by your parents or anyone else. By the way and for all I know, Lagos is the commercial hub of the country. What is a fresh graduate doing in Abeokuta after servicing in Lagos. You have to ask yourself real life questions. Nobody should hold you back including your parents. Nobody remembers the loser. Be a winner. Be confident and decisive. Tempus fugit non regamus. Time you waste you can never regain. Go out there and enjoy your love and take on the world. At 22 you should be putting down deposit on your first home not applying for your parent's permit to visit Lagos for whatever reason. And for those parents holding back their kids...sorry!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by FaithfulServant(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2020
You have a better freind in Jesus that never leaves or forsake his people. Come to him. You can visit www.simplebibleclass.com to learn more about him and strengthen your faith in him.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Arabs999: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

You are now a matured girl. Tell your guy to officially introduce himself to your parents..
Or are you people not planning to tie the knots in the future?...
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Drizzy5001(m): 8:54am On Aug 17, 2020
He's not the right man for you, if not he will understand that u are still under ur parents... So dump him instead and move on..
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by VicM6: 8:54am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

dont shoot your leg with a gun.... be warned.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by sterlingD(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2020
See eh tell your Dude to chill and relax him body too dey hot.This issue can be tackled with wisdom and understanding.You are 22 so your parents are still head over heels about you.They are not ready to cut you some slack yet.This is where you apply tact ,diplomacy and trust to handle the situation.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Topsic70: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

All ds rantings becos of sex?
You are blessed with good parents, but I can't really Beat my chest and say whether they are blessed with a good daughter.

You are sharing ur honey upandan and after uncle does not want to take d ship to d next level, u'll still come here to cry. Just remember that no one needs to buy d cow if d milk is free.

May I and my loved ones not be used for !money sacrifice in Jesus' name, Amen!
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Owerri1stSon: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

See you.. The guy was F*ck you only and you never still know
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

Just because of what you called BOYFRIEND not even Husband. You fornicated with him already that's just the reason why you sound like this. STAY AWAY FROM FORNICATION and give your life to Jesus Christ.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by MORETHANAB: 9:32am On Aug 17, 2020
That one na boyfriend, if he want to see you by all means let him do the needful. Pay your bride price. Na only two month he they shout. What if after marriage you can't see for month cause of work. Abeg allow d chew gum boy to go
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Alexaonfleek: 9:33am On Aug 17, 2020
angry
b0rn2fuck:
let me tell you the truth, I visited my girlfriend at her home always, her parents so strict but they accepted me as her boyfriend and I look very gentle then, na inside their living room I dey take carry her skirt up do quickie whenever they excuse us for few minutes
angry
In her parents house!!!!
I fear who no fear you ooo :x
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Odion2016(m): 9:57am On Aug 17, 2020
Heartheart:

My dear,please forget all dos preparation he claimed he made...He just wants sex..thats all...

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by dalass(f): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2020
leonard002:
Just in case it hasn't busted. Tell them of a fictitious job interview you have in Lagos. Then travel and see your love.

You must be the selfish boyfriend...

If she meets with accident, you will move on... undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Luckygurl(f): 10:00am On Aug 17, 2020
Have you considered relocating to Lagos in search of a job.

What you need right now is financial independence. Parents would always be parents. I'm in your shoes currently but it doesn't bother me one bit cos it's just a matter of time before I can travel wherever and however I wish to travel.

And as for your boyfriend threatening to breakup with you over this, please let him go. You have a whole lot ahead of you.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Odion2016(m): 10:04am On Aug 17, 2020
frozen70:
22yrs is too young for you to understand men

Just take it easy, them they do person strong things

If you eat pineapple the way the taste is sweet, you will definitely pourge

Hahahahahaha.........very funny...so age matters bah??
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by Amorprincesa24: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2020
You are very sensible.
dingbang:
Please leave that man, he isnt understanding. A responsible man who knows that a lady is still living under her parents roof will not think of telling you to leave your parents house passing the night in another state.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by zakkxx: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2020
your mum was like you she knows the lamba; you think she gave birth to you for nothing abi? my sister the reason that boy left was that he was hungry of sex and he made all necessary plans but your parent where ahead of him. that is y is good to keep your self and stay out of sex before marriage. if the boy have not slept with you, controlling him will be easier. men used fake love to get sex and women give sex in other to be love. my sister an scam. this is how you know truly if a guy loves you; tell him you don't believe in sex before marriage and c how majority will runaway. mean it don't change your mine and your husband will locate u asap... A word is enough for the fool and non is required by the wise.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by raphy(m): 10:28am On Aug 17, 2020
i saw ur post since I no get time to comment until now.

u see all the advice them give you if u love ur self just take it .u are too young to be use just for fork sake .all the sex he has been having free of charge during service don do.
even ur parents notice the way u de walk say person don eat free puna. so them don get send no let you go anywhere again as na puma u go give person them no no.

so make u just wait make the niggah de there the exfoliate his salty balls and ask himself If what he has been doing with someone daughter all these yrs was right.

God will give you better husband. young lady save the puna well.
have a great birthday week and don't think about ur bf breaking up with u just be positive don't be desperate to have a bf .u still young .

I drop pen . where is my niggah slawomir?

wetin u say for this matter that niggah ain't good .
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by BennyDon: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2020
Since your bf understands your parents that they're strict, he should be lenient with you.

He should also understand the fact that you're not on your own and as such your free movement isn't assured.

Trust me, he's not for you. He can't make a listening husband.

Lemme shock you, one corner of my mind is telling me he has a fiancee, he's only playing squash with you.

I'll advise you let him do whatever that suits him as you make yourself available for a better suitor.

Don't rush into marriage; if you rush in there, you'll rush out fast.

Safe
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by chidiek: 10:46am On Aug 17, 2020
VanTee20:
Everyone is talking as if they weren't dating at 22.
Nairalanders and hypocrisy.
I quoted you in another thread and sent you a mail . I'll really appreciate if you replied or maybe contact me on WhatsApp+
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by testimony1089(m): 10:49am On Aug 17, 2020
The guy doesn't value u dat much, he is only after ur pekus and konji won't allow him have rest of mind but threatening u with d relationship only shows he is not scared of loosing u which means u are just a sex tool. U better thank ur stars that this is happening now before it's too late. I know it's hard but if he really value u, he won't use break up as a tool to make u come.
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by IkUKU01(m): 10:56am On Aug 17, 2020
Lolz!!..Konji wan blind baba eye.. grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by mutter(f): 11:02am On Aug 17, 2020
usecondom:
Oh wow, so a girl child is only good for man to take to alter and then marry and that means all her dreams has been fulfilled?

No but a girl or a boy child should not go into relationships without intention to commit themselves.
Sorry but I am against - just for fun- relationships.
I have grown up daughters.
After spending not just money but all effort to educate my daughters one young man should come and dance atilogwu in her life!
I expect the .an to introduce himself to the family so we see the relationship has decent intentions.
Then one can date, get engaged all over a period of time.
Same my sons do with their girlfriends. They introduce themselves to the family.
Then someday God willing it can lead to marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! by akanjikokoro: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2020
Tell him to come visit your parents if he really love you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How Do I Forgive Him? / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? / Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.