Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? (18177 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Should A Non-tither Take Up Leadership Position In A Tithe Paying Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by lookingfly: 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Tithing is Biblical!
Tithing is God's Commandment!
Tithing is not Salvation. Accepting Jesus Christ is What Gives us Salvation.

Every Part of the Word of God is Relevant to us.
Matthew 5:17-18
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

But this is the Truth!

A Believer who Claims to be Saved and Deliberately and Conciously Refuse to obey God in Tithe Matters may be Shocked at that day!

I Advice you to Pay your Tithe! Not paying your Tithe is Robbing God of His Share in what He gave you.

Ignore men or whoever at their talks! Obey God and His Word..

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is Sin

It's a Similar stuff to the Republicans and Democrats in the United States..

You Cannot Claim to Be a Christian or a Believer and Endorse or Support a Party that is against God, against God's Word and Principles and you say u are going to Heaven?

The Democrats of today are totally Anti-God. Yet u see so called Believers Supporting them..

Rapture will Shock people!!

it's people like you that opens to Deuteronomy 14:22-27 and flips over that passage because of your sentiments and hidden motives. Know the truth and let it set you free!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by biggy26: 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

@OP

Tithing is not what gets you to heaven, BELIEVE in Jesus Christ is what guarantees you heaven.

But does that mean tithing is not compulsory? No. Tithing is the law of God which must be obeyed. It comes with a blessing for obeying and a curse for disobeying, same thing with other laws of God.

For example, God said we shouldn't steal. If you obey, which leaves you to within your means, God will bless the little you have such that you won't need to steal. If you don't obey, guess what? If you are caught stealing, you will be disgraced. What if you get sent to prison for 20 years for that?

Do you know how many people don't even know what Instagram, Facebook and Twitter is? They don't know what an Android phone is. Why? Because they have been in prison for more than 20 years and deprived of many things. So, if you don't steal, you don't suffer such.

What I find funny is how stubborn people feel tithing is no more the law of God because it's in the old testament. Okay, God also told us in the old testament that we shouldn't have sex with our mothers father, sister, aunty or close kin in general. The those stubborn people to go and do that since that law is in the old testament.

Dear OP, the way to make heaven is not by tithing. Tithing only helps you here on Earth but also in heaven where you get rewarded for obeying God's commandment. But it plays not part in getting you into heaven. How do you make heaven?

You make heaven by simply believing that Jesus Christ paid for your sins, including the one of not paying tithe. Once you do that, he gives you eternal life and you will never perish according to John 3:16. With that heaven is certain for you and nothing can make you lose it. You already have eternal life which can't be taken from you otherwise it will mean it was never an eternal life God gave you.

But can God punish you for disobedience like not paying your tithe. But will he throw you in hell because of that? No. Why? You are his child which you became the moment you believed in his Son Jesus Christ.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

As a parent, you can never burn you child with fire for disobedience. Why should you now think our Heavenly Father will do the same to his children.

Mathew 7:11 KJV
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Accept Jesus Christ today and you will never miss heaven.
Tithing doesn't give you any reward in heaven. Your obedience is in believing in Christ Jesus!
Of what use is paying tithe, and can't be led the by the Spirit?
You guys should get wisdom pls.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by rossovu: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

He was praying to God the Father. Jesus had no need to tithe because he created everything
So why didn't He pay tithe to God the Father, since He prays to Him.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by biggy26: 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
Londonland:
show me where jesus instructed his follower to pay tithe or keep quiet
People are so ignorant.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by biggy26: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Tithing existed before Judaism, it is the law of God which not one jot will pass away.
Who told Abraham to pay tithe? Did Isaac pay tithe? Which disciple of Jesus paid tithe?
Even when Jesus was here, the disciples broke the commandments and nothing happened. What does that tell you? Pls study!

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by rossovu: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
sonofthunder:

Show me where Jesus instructed his followers not to pay tithe or keep quite.
He did not instruct his followers not to pay tithe but He said He came to fulfil the old law, of which tithing was one of them. What does it mean to fulfil something?

Rom.10.4 - For Christ is THE END OF THE LAW for righteousness to EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by biggy26: 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
malvisguy212:
abraham tithe 300years before the mosaic law was given .
Who commanded him to tithe?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by biggy26: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
jmoore:

Abraham went to war. He collected his spoils from the war. He paid from what he got in the war. No other reference of Abraham paying any tithe.

Btw, Abel sacrificed animals to God before Abraham.

Why are you no longer sacrificing animals?

Tithe is not for Christians!!
Pls tell them.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Danniedpastor(m): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother, Let's stop segregating what God did not Segregate..

Tithes is not something to contend about. It's God's Part of what He gave you.

The Bible is our Guide. Did u see where Jesus said do not give tithes?

Even the Parables Jesus gave us in Luke 18:10-13 talked about tithe..

No Genuie Believer should have Issues with tithe or no tithe! It Sounds Crazy!

Every GENUIE Beliver will be Intrested in Pleasing God and obeying not arguing this sort of things..

ITS WELL OO

God does not need a part of what He gave you.
He gives us so that we can be His vessels in advancing His kingdom here on Earth.
Giving for the sake of the kingdom's advancement is good.
The apostles gave to advance The church .

JESUS NEVER PAID TITHES O.
THE APOSTLES DIDN'T EITHER.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by rossovu: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
If Jesus paid tithe, it would've been mentioned.
Someone said he can't pay tithe to Himself because He is God.
Is tithe paying included in the teachings of Jesus?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by solostar1: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

A Pastor (asin all Pastors) or some Pastors (those with soiled hands).

The era of conscience has long past now Sir, Christ remains the Only true way..... Not herbs nor cowries or following intermediaries.

So the Jews (Judaism) will not make heaven.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by chinebu(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Tithing is Biblical!
Tithing is God's Commandment!
Tithing is not Salvation. Accepting Jesus Christ is What Gives us Salvation.

Every Part of the Word of God is Relevant to us.
Matthew 5:17-18
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

But this is the Truth!

A Believer who Claims to be Saved and Deliberately and Conciously Refuse to obey God in Tithe Matters may be Shocked at that day!

I Advice you to Pay your Tithe! Not paying your Tithe is Robbing God of His Share in what He gave you.

Ignore men or whoever at their talks! Obey God and His Word..

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is Sin

It's a Similar stuff to the Republicans and Democrats in the United States..

You Cannot Claim to Be a Christian or a Believer and Endorse or Support a Party that is against God, against God's Word and Principles and you say u are going to Heaven?

The Democrats of today are totally Anti-God. Yet u see so called Believers Supporting them..

Rapture will Shock people!!

And what will happen to a pastor whom a member approached for financial help who ended up praying instead of giving a financial assistance. Remember the bible says give to those in need and if you dont it a disobediense and its sin.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by OLAN2015: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tithe paid by Abraham and Jacob before they law was a voluntary action. Tithes paid from the time of Moses till the time Malachi was written was commanded in the Law. Tithe paid by the Jews, Pharizees and Saduccees into the temple or synagogue during the time our LORD JESUS was on earth was still according to the law. However, after the death, ressurection and ascention of JESUS CHRIST to heaven and the Disciple/Apostles were driven out of the synagogues, there was never a mention or a record of any Christians paying tithes to the temple anymore . However, voluntary and generous giving was encouraged to the extent that people even sold their lands, gave their life, time , homes etc for the common growth of the Gospel. In the religion of the Jews, even circumcision is stronger than tithing. Hence, when Gentiles started coming into repentance, some zealous Jewish Christians told them to be circumcised and also keep the law of Moses. This cause serious disagreement or argument between these people and Apostle Paul/Barnanbas who believed circumcision or keeping the law of Moses is not necessary anymore. Hence, they wrote a letter to the Christain Elders/Apostles in Jerusalem to seek their advice or directive on these issues. The conclusion of the APOSTLES/ELDERS is this instruction they gave in Acts 15:19-20 ""It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood." These are the only aspects of the Old Testament laws that are still applicable fully even in Christianity till date because it can affect our holiness, sanctification and relationship with the Holy Spirit. However, having said this, as a servant or minister of GOD , I personally pay tithe but don't believe in collecting it from others . My reason for paying tithe is not because of avoiding curse but mainly to help in the propagation or growth of the GOSPEL. When ministers collect tithes from other, it should be used for the purpose for which it is collected. This well stated in Deuteronomy 26: 12........."and has given it (tithe) to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless and the widow that they may eat within thy gates and be filled" and in Malachi 3: 10 ." 10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house," . This means tithe should be used to sustain or help the Levites (missionaries, full time ministers), the widow, fatherless, strangers etc. Tithe shoulnd't be gathered together as a source of wealth to buy private jets, build mansions, cathedrals etc while your missionaries , full time ministers, widows, orphans , the poor etc in your churches are suffering. If you want to build a new cathedral, buy jets, buses etc special donations or contributions can be raised for this . Paying tithe is not bad . What is bad is what many modern day Pastors have been doing with it. Some pastorpreneurs even used their tithes or offerings to venture into secular business or investments. Please fear GOD! The house of GOD is a place of prayer and not a market. Is this not similar to why JESUS CHRIST rebuked them in Matthew 21: 12 " Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. " Our LORD JESUS CHRIST catered for both the spiritual and physical needs of his followers. He gave them the Word. He gave them bread and fish. He gave them healing and many other great things. We can continue in that same attitude and action. We shouldn't be called Christians for nothing. Unbelievers should see our churches as the last and only hope in this futile world where the government and every other thing has failed them.

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by desiredhome: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

We don't pay tithe to become rich. We pay because it belongs to God who in turn protects us from evil.

We don't pay tithe to become rich because it will be difficult for a rich man to make heaven while easy for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
You are saying otherwise....the Pastorprenours don't sound this way.....you can't pay/bribe God.......if the money belong to God as you claim you won't build expensive schools that the poor can't afford...... giving to God means caring for the less previleged(showing compassion) which majority of you lack.......
The reason majority of you pay to Church is to become rich... grin grin grin
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
The chance of a traditionalist making Heaven is higher than a Pastor or Imam making Heaven.

Let's be frank to ourselves please, we're adults.
LOL...

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Alexgman1:
Can someone who rarely pay tithe because of one of two reasons or doesn't pay tithe at all through out his life make heaven if he/she dies or when rapture takes place?

Let the men of GOD in the house clear the air on this.
every TITHER will never see Heaven because they live in disobedience of the word of God.

Only those who become like a child will enter the Kingdom of God.

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
rossovu:

So why didn't He pay tithe to God the Father, since He prays to Him.

Are you daft? You expect the creator to pay tithe? Do you know what it means to be a creator?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by solostar1: 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
NIGERIANS, YOU PEOPLE CANNOT BE MORE JEWISH THAN THE JEW.
CHRISTIANS ARE THE FELLOWS OF CHRIST.

JUSTICE , MERCY AND FAITH-- MATTHEW 23:23
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
biggy26:

Tithing doesn't give you any reward in heaven. Your obedience is in believing in Christ Jesus!
Of what use is paying tithe, and can't be led the by the Spirit?
You guys should get wisdom pls.

Below are a few verses showing that we will be rewarded for our righteous acts when we get to heaven.

Mathew 19:29
And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Revelations 22:11-12
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by desiredhome: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Stop being dumb. Jesus is God and so had no need to tithe to himself. Mugu

I no fit laugh........see how criminals will twist the scripture to justify their evil........
Jesus is not a criminal....... Stop enslaving people...........

When you collect from the poor without giving back to them you are a criminal (hushpapa)...

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by desiredhome: 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Was Abraham a monthly income earner? Man was a boss who had servants and livestock. This means earnings didn't come in for him on a monthly basis. He must have earned according to the need for his wares. So he paid tithe according to how he earned which includes spoils of war.

Keep lying/deceiving yourself....... people are waking up....in a few years from now all these rubbish will end...... Wolf in Sheep clothing

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by profabey: 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Adeboye is a man of God, he drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank and he said if you don't pay your tithes you won't make heaven. what more reason do you need to keep donating your 10% to churches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpCgpR6dETY

So because someone drove on an empty tank, we should jettison the true teachings of Christ? If I may asked, who among the twelve disciples of Jesus paid tithe, and if there was any, unto whom did they pay. Where are those beloved disciples today? Were they denied access to Heaven because of their failure to pay tithes?

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Janosky: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Are you daft? You expect the creator to pay tithe? Do you know what it means to be a creator?

Revelations 3:5,12 NKJV
5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, [/b]and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God."

[b]AlBAGDADI , your "Creator" says himself is inferior to his God and Father in heaven and earth.
(Compare John 14:28 & John 20;17).

The comments on this thread is an indicator more people done shine their eyes, they can't fall for the tithes SCAM any longer grin
We can see your cherished feeding bottles alias tithes is seriously under threat.

Please continue to DECEIVE YOURSELF
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Kei144(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
Which commandment does paying tithe belong to?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by earnit3: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
Yes
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Desiderius(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
So called Christians talking about going to heaven when Christ asked all off them to pray for Gods kingdom to come to earth as it is in heaven....Even if people are going to heaven I can bet with my last kobo no Nigerian will make it,Evil minded people deceiving themselves

4 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Janosky: 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kei144:
Which commandment does paying tithe belong to?

The laws of Moses also called the Mosaic law.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by petitoni(f): 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
There are principles for us to follow as Christians in the Bible..

If you want to make heaven, all you need is live a holy life and obey God's commandment...

If you want to live a life of abundance, no wastage, no loss and a divine health.. Pay your tithe.. What people don't understand is the work of tithe is not limited to financial provisions alone..

"And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes" in the Bible is not just a mare sentence...

One thing that is also very important in paying your tithe is, make sure the church you're paying your tithe is the type of church that is transparent in how the offering and tithe coming into the church are being spent... Yes! Out of the money entering into the church should be paid as salaries to the pastors for their services but the offering and tithe money doesn't belong to them.. It is for the body of Christ which is the church.. Part of it will be used for evangelizm, winning more souls, helping the needy.. Building more churches across the nation to grow the church, helping the less privileged members of the church.. Atleast all these and more are what we do in our Church..

Don't go to a church that the pastor is secretly worshipping devil to pay your tithe and later be complaining of not seeing any changes after paying tithe.. Be spiritually sensitive!!

I'm a proud tither!
And nothing on earth will stop me from tithing...
The divine health myself and my family are enjoying alone is not something to debate..

Imagine my five year old doesn't understand what injection, not to talk of how a doctor or nurse look like.. Thank God she's been taught in a school �

Enough said!!
He who has ears!!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Revolva(m): 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hahaha no ace like heaven or hell

E go shock una ..like broda shaggi always say
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by femicyrus(m): 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Paying tithe disqualified you from making heaven because you had fallen short of grace and the death of Christ is in vain upon you. How do I know? Tithe is a law from the old testament while the new testament clearly stated that once you fail in one of the numerous laws of the old testament, you are guilty of all. We have the choice between grace and law. Practicing tithing automatically subscribe you for the law and I am 100% sure all tithers are failing in at least 1 other law which makes them to be guilty of tithing itself. So how can a tither make heaven? Christ said "my yoke is light" but you still prefer the heavy yoke of the law!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Righteousness89(m): 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
chinebu:

And what will happen to a pastor whom a member approached for financial help who ended up praying instead of giving a financial assistance. Remember the bible says give to those in need and if you dont it a disobediense and its sin.

My Brother, Everyone will go to God Almighty to answer for his/her deed.
It's a Personal Race!
Revelation 22:11-12
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Righteousness89(m): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Danniedpastor:

God does not need a part of what He gave you.
He gives us so that we can be His vessels in advancing His kingdom here on Earth.
Giving for the sake of the kingdom's advancement is good.
The apostles gave to advance The church .

JESUS NEVER PAID TITHES O.
THE APOSTLES DIDN'T EITHER.

Ok sir!

He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Are Hebrews Really Black People ? / The Interesting things About God / Dr. Sign Fireman Becomes United Nations Peace Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.