Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! (11020 Views)

DSS Are Rascals; Fayose Storms Aso Villa, Clashes With Buhari... / Fuel Scarcity Strike Organised To Sabotage My Govt –jonathan / Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by jahrule: 1:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
All these are saying are mere political statement that should not be taken serious. they are all the same set of people.
PDP=ACN Though ACN is modified PDP
bIG THIEF AND SMALL THIEF = THIEF.
you people should stop disturbing yourself with tribalism. these set of people never see their-self differently i.e tribal diff. All those that talk of tribalism are all poor folks in the country.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Gbawe: 1:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
wesley80:

Just One question for you b4 we move on; What qualifies Gej to be called a fisherman?

Nothing actually but the onus is on you to prove the case that Tinubu deliberately attempts to malign GEJ based on his region of origin . If Tinubu called OBJ , or any othe political opponent ,  a " drunk sailor fisherman whose boat is about to capsize" would you still ask what qualifies them to be called Fishermen?
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
Ramon2:

[s]Let us see where these stu-pid Yoruba people will get their oil from again.[/s] Useless tribalistic leeches. See Tinubu drug pusher dey open that him wide lips dey talk. Should he not be in prison in America? Who let the dogs (Tinubu and ACN leaders) out? Who? Who?? Who Who?
Ode
how has the so called oil be of benefit to ordinary you and your impoverished family ? The same yoruba you are abusing are the one supporting a common minority for the presidency.who is jonathan to face the north ? Abeg go die for well !
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Gbawe: 1:23pm On Feb 16, 2011
na_so:

For your own eye , e be like say na only you go school. see interpretation.

Man ,you are  trying too hard to defend tinubu and it wont work.

Tinubu has redirected the flow to the tribal arena, and his fisherman talk is no where near your interpretation.

Why don't you tell us why "a drunk sailor fisherman whose boat is about to capsize" is an ethnic slur when applied to GEJ and not so if used against Musiliu Obanikoro or Ken Nnamani? You cannot be the arbiter of how Tinubu's "fisherman talk" must be interpreted when the english langauge indicates that Tinubu may be speaking rhetorically.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
jahrule:

All these are saying are mere political statement that should not be taken serious. they are all the same set of people.
PDP=ACN Though ACN is modified PDP
bIG THIEF AND SMALL THIEF = THIEF.
you people should stop disturbing yourself with tribalism. these set of people never see their-self differently i.e tribal diff. All those that talk of tribalism are all poor folks in the country.

Your are very right
Poverty leads to tribalism
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by manny4life(m): 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
What is wrong with Nigerian political system? Why do our politicians or govt people take things so seriously that it ends up being damaging? Why do they yield to irrelevant materials?  Mr. Gov has responded to these comments and even challenged Mr. President, isn't that enough? Must everyone involved in the South West respond? It's starting to sink like a boat because when too many hands are in one dish, the soup goes sour. In other words, when 1,3, 5, or 10 people responds to one comment, the story is not what people see, but rather the response, and sooner or later responses would not hold weight. If all the SW people involved (who were called rascals), jointly released a press conference, report or etc, jointly signed, dated and publicly published, that would hold more weight than all this individual attack. That would send a stern message that such comments are unacceptable and intolerable regardless of public status.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by bisiaet: 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2011
But sorry to say this why is Tinubu raising this matter up again. Cant this old men stir clear of grudges and grow up this is no more a thing to get a mat or bed to sleep for for goodness sake. The statement is already a past tense so what is he talking about now?

Pls Mr Tinubu or whatever kindly move on and change topic to something more interesting abeg.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by wesley80(m): 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2011
@Gbawe
Will u pls stop spewing crap from yr mouth and be objective 4 once? Tinubu just made a completely innaproriate and offensive statement and all u can do is sit your butt down and try 2 rationalize it simply cos u're allergic to Gej. Tinubu's statement is a personal attack on Gej and his people and is far removed from the context of politics. In saner climes, this statement wld be his political casket and wld be enough to have the ACN and all its candidates dissociate themselves from him, but with people like u and Ribadu ready to look the other way as long as his 'Drug money' keeps rolling in, i doubt if anything close is likely.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by bisiaet: 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2011
All what all this politician want is confrontation all the time. The Gov. has responded to the statement so many has talked about it and move on and now he is just waking up to raise tension again, is that a strategy to win election or defeat PDP? I expect him to be talking about the boiling issue of running mate they are pretending as non existing whereas it an existing problem and how to face April 2011 and NOT someone say this he said that a news that is almost a week old, what an nonsense!!!!
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by bisiaet: 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2011
@Gbawe
Will u pls stop spewing crap from yr mouth and be objective 4 once? Tinubu just made a completely innaproriate and offensive statement and all u can do is sit your butt down and try 2 rationalize it simply cos u're allergic to Gej. Tinubu's statement is a personal attack on Gej and his people and is far removed from the context of politics. In saner climes, this statement wld be his political casket and wld be enough to have the ACN and all its candidates dissociate themselves from him, but with people like u and Ribadu ready to look the other way as long as his 'Drug money' keeps rolling in, i doubt if anything close is likely. 

God bless you.

This is just absolute nonsense and irrelevant I gues Tinubu must be mad for real. This old fools keep annoying me all the time as they refuse to grow up every little thing they will spend eternity to get out of it and move on. Is it everything some one say to you you must answer to? And how old is the statement and now is time for fire to rain down a so called elder statement. I am just p i s s e d off honestly.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by omo9ja1(m): 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2011
2 wrong can not make right, I have said it before that GEJ words were reckless, see how Tinubu they call MR Presidents and few others, for the few who started drawing the tribal line linking comment they make, make una think twice 9JA is one nation. make una no cause another deltafra
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by manny4life(m): 2:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
Gbawe:

Nothing actually but the onus is on you to prove the case that Tinubu deliberately attempts to malign GEJ based on his region of origin . If Tinubu called OBJ , or any othe political opponent ,  a " drunk sailor fisherman whose boat is about to capsize" would you still ask what qualifies them to be called Fishermen?

If he called a Mr. OBJ same words, that would not mean anything, hence irrelevant. Mr. Tinubu's act of calling him a fisherman is because Fishery is a form of agriculture known to particular tribes from different regions and these regions have different tribes in them. The Niger Delta area is known for its rivers and its fishery agriculture which beyond doubt is a known and accustomed tradition of this people within these areas. Put the math together and then tell me that he did not have any tribal form of intentions within him when he made this comment. GEJ calling him a rascal; rascal is a form of attributing behavior (either mischievous or dishonest), now unless you are trying to prove to me that the Youruba tribe is known for rascality (please forgive my English) and it's a known tribal , , then you can agree with with me that the both do not fit in same basket.

Fisherman/fishery has some elements of culture, tradition based upon it,

Rascal is a word for attributing unacceptable behavior to anyone and its not known to any tribe because it's a behavior element NOT cultural or traditional element.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by seanet02: 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
To hell with GEJ ODECHUKWU. He definitely deserve more than this Punch.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by foreman: 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2011
Funny how these fishermen think they feed the rest of the nation! villagers shio.

Carry on jare oga Tinubu, ethnic card is part of the game in this country where people no sabi right from the left. After all mr president has been playing the religious card in the north central, and ethnoreligious card in the southwest, how do you explain his pretentious appearance at the Redoomed Christian church of God and his statement that Lagos is made up of 50% non-Yorubas?

If care is not taken, that riff-raff fisherman will create another Jos in Lagos.

I saw some Igbo dem people mobilising for PDP in Lagos. I dey cry for them.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Gbawe: 2:36pm On Feb 16, 2011
wesley80:

@Gbawe

As usual , emotion always gets the better of you to betray how your arguement was always biased and insincere to begin with.

You asked :
Just One question for you b4 we move on; What qualifies Gej to be called a fisherman?

I then keep on track by responding;

why , if you are a civil chap, not focus on continuing the debate instead of resorting to distractive vitriol while totally abandoning the flow of discussion? is this not same as how you innapropriately use "sadistic" to describe jarus on another thread? Some of you GEJ fans are really very poor at disguising how naturally angry and bellicose you really are. Is wesley80=Johndoe= Beaf?
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by manny4life(m): 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2011
omo9ja1:

2 wrong can not make right, I have said it before that GEJ words were reckless, see how Tinubu they call MR Presidents and few others, for the few who started drawing the tribal line linking comment they make, make una think twice 9JA is one nation. make una no cause another deltafra

You are right, but what is unacceptable is unacceptable. Mr. President crossed the line with his comments; however, no one should justify Mr. Tinubu'c comment to that of Mr. President. There is something called deference. If Mr. Tinubu had deference for the Office of the President (no president himself), he should have ignored the comment and moved on. Even if he wanted to make a statement, he should have sought serious counsel before making such statement. Nigeria is one nation under God, but if we the people cannot learn to accept one another regardless of cultures, traditions, faith and religion etc, trust and believe we are not moving any forward than we anticipate to; that is the sad but honest truth.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by foreman: 2:38pm On Feb 16, 2011
For Odechukwu's information, we are not christian or muslim, we are Yoruba. Period!
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Bawss1(m): 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2011
manny4life:

If he called a Mr. OBJ same words, that would not mean anything, hence irrelevant. Mr. Tinubu's act of calling him a fisherman is because Fishery is a form of agriculture known to particular tribes from different regions and these regions have different tribes in them. The Niger Delta area is known for its rivers and its fishery agriculture which beyond doubt is a known and accustomed tradition of this people within these areas. Put the math together and then tell me that he did not have any tribal form of intentions within him when he made this comment. GEJ calling him a rascal; rascal is a form of attributing behavior (either mischievous or dishonest), now unless you are trying to prove to me that the Youruba tribe is known for [b] rascality (please forgive my English) and it's a known tribal , , then you can agree with with me that the both do not fit in same basket.
[/b]
Fisherman/fishery has some elements of culture, tradition based upon it,

Rascal is a word for attributing unacceptable behavior to anyone and its not known to any tribe because it's a behavior element NOT cultural or traditional element.

Its amazing how we read all kinds of meaning into certain words. While I find your comment amusing in its intent it still remains fallacious. (association fallacy actually)  cheesy

Storm in a tea cup.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Gekko(m): 2:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
I think Tinubu was too soft on GEJ.

GEJ = Fisherman

Calling  someone a fisherman is not an insult.

However calling someone a rascal is an insult.

Besides the foremost point in Tinubu's comment is driving at a fisherman who's boat is about to[b] capsize[/b].
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Gbawe: 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2011
manny4life:

Did I not make that clear already :

Jonathan was not ,  in any way,  being tribalistic when he mentioned rascals. He was wrong on account of how he insinuated that his Party's political opponent in the SW region are rascals. This is an especially insincere utterance when one considers that the two current PDP Governors in the SW region (OGD and Alao-Akala) are regularly voted as the worst Governors in Nigeria. The other two (Oni and Oyinlola) , before they were kicked out , were not saints either. That is really what has angered a lot of Yoruba people i.e Jonathan calling relative achievers rascals when he is host , in the SW region, to heinous criminals, misrulers and looters. We all should refrain from turning this into another issue of ethnic divisiveness.

As for the topic, it is obvious that it is possible Tinubu may not have used  "fisherman" to malign Jonathan's region of origin. If I say to a Hausa man "go and count cattles and leave me alone" am I then an ethnic bigot when I may have made this statement to mean "go and do something boring and leave me alone"?
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by manny4life(m): 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
Bawss1:

Its amazing how we read all kinds of meaning into certain words. While I find your comment amusing in its intent it still remains fallacious. (association fallacy actually)  cheesy

Storm in a tea cup.

It's not a matter of reading meanings into all kind of certain words; Mr. Tinubu clearly said " He is a drunken fisherman on a boat whose boat is about to capsize". Please tell me what part of that is fallicious? That is an open-ended statement, it's straight-forward, no cuttery of any kind, Mr. Tinubu clearly made his intentions known indirectly. I'm not questioning his intentions, however I was responding to @Gbawe who asked someone and I quote

"Why don't you tell us why "a drunk sailor fisherman whose boat is about to capsize" is an ethnic slur when applied to GEJ and not so if used against Musiliu Obanikoro or Ken Nnamani? You cannot be the arbiter of how Tinubu's "fisherman talk" must be interpreted when the english langauge indicates that Tinubu may be speaking rhetorically.

I responded back with a possible answer. Whether u call my response fallacious/ misleading or not; I mean however it suits you, it's up to you to show how my statement is indeed fallacious/misleading/erroneous. When a statement is made publicly to the media, you're not trying to convince me that such statements are not subjects of criticisms. Out of his heart, his mouth spoke, plain and simple it's up to people to interpret what he said and how they choose to interpret it is up to them
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by manny4life(m): 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2011
Gbawe:

Did I not make that clear already :

As for the topic, it is obvious that it is possible Tinubu may not have used  "fisherman" to malign Jonathan's region of origin. If I say to a Hausa man "go and count cattles and leave me alone" am I then an ethnic bigot when I may have made this statement to mean "go and do something boring and leave me alone"?

Beyond doubt, you made it clear. I am not disputing what you said, I was giving a reason/answer to the question you asked as I posted above.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by wesley80(m): 3:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
Gbawe:

why , if you are a civil chap, not focus on continuing the debate instead of resorting to distractive vitriol while totally abandoning the flow of discussion? is this not same as how you innapropriately use "sadistic" to describe jarus on another thread? Some of you GEJ fans are really very poor at disguising how naturally angry and bellicose you really are. Is wesley80=Johndoe= Beaf?
@ Bolded, No
About my statement on Jarus, I wld have apologised if he'd indicated any sign he was offended - he did not, butt u've been whining about it all over the place, r u his alter ego or is it just your nature to cry more than the bereaved?

Gbawe:

If I say to a Hausa man "go and count cattles and leave me alone" am I then an ethnic bigot when I may have made this statement to mean "go and do something boring and leave me alone"?

U mean u'lld really say that to your Northern political opponent if u were vying 4 office in Ngr?  Speaks volumes about u.Seriously.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by jason123: 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2011
foreman:

For Odechukwu's GEJ information, we are not christian or muslim, we are Yoruba. Period!

GBAM!!!
foreman:

Funny how these fishermen think they feed the rest of the nation! villagers shio.

Carry on jare oga Tinubu, ethnic card is part of the game in this country where people no sabi right from the left. After all mr president has been playing the religious card in the north central, and ethnoreligious card in the southwest, how do you explain his pretentious appearance at the Redoomed Christian church of God and his statement that Lagos is made up of 50% non-Yorubas?

If care is not taken, that riff-raff fisherman will create another Jos in Lagos.

I saw some Igbo dem people mobilising for PDP in Lagos. I dey cry for them.

I agree with you but is that why we cannot forgive GEJ? C'mon now! He is our son. Forgive him
About the igbo peep, all i can say is  cry cry cry
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by otokx(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2011
There is no need for all this back and front insults.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by ziccoit: 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2011
Becomrichn:

why on  earth is jonathan replying tinubu. tinubu is  only looking for attention.  if jonathan do not reply him.he would go away.

fashola is the governor of lagos state and not tinubu. if jonathan was refering to ACN governor, he was not refering to tinubu. i think tinubu should allow fashola to be a governor for God sake, is fashola a boy boy .what yoruba people call omo odo for tinubu. \\
when would they allow fashola to be governor. who sign contract in lagos state.

jonathan should   stop replying tinubu.he is only allowed to reply fashola who is the governor of lagos state. tinubu is not the governor. fashola is the governor.

fashola does not need godfather. is fashola still in baby diapers.

Okay O o. As GEJ is OBJ's  boy boy, licking his slippers.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2011
I fear our sentiments and ethnic idiosyncrasies mostly get the better of us when issues are brought to fore, (especially Politics and Religion).

Why can't we be blind to our ethnic/religious differences and discuss productively. Our behavior (not our Bad Leaders) is actually the wedge that is holding back the wheel of progress. Bad leaders simply see a bunch of intelligent but disorganized, xenophobic, emotion-driven and definitely arm-chair social activists whose angry words are only as threatening as the e-paper it is written on.

So yes it is GEJ pointedly committed a political faux-pas that can only be corrected with a public apology (never in Nigeria and definitely not during Election year). that aside, who is Tinubu to call his President a Drunk Fisherman (is that not treasonable  grin)
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by manny4life(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2011
^^^^ lol.

The last sentence, no it is not treasonable. grin grin grin, if it were, that would be a different story.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by oludashmi(f): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2011
Ramon2:

Let us see where these stu-pid Yoruba people will get their oil from again. Useless tribalistic leeches. See Tinubu drug pusher dey open that him wide lips dey talk. Should he not be in prison in America? Who let the dogs (Tinubu and ACN leaders) out? Who? Who?? Who Who?

See how stu*pid you and your generations are
A Yoruba man imposed your GEJ there if you have forgotten.

And by the way, tell me how the oil has benefited your lives over there despite the 5 times grater allocation given to your region.
You guys are so dependent and arrogant on the oil not knowing its a curse not a blessing and if Nigeria breaks today, your region will suffer the most and revolution will become a part of your culture cos your leaders will wreck you all with greed just as they are doing presently while you point accusing fingers to the wrong persons. And by the time the oil is totally gone, we shall see, what you will live on.

Little did you know that the world survives best on creative wealth not oil
check every country where oil is found in the world, they have no peace
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by jason123: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
oludashmi:

See how stu*pid you and your generations are
A Yoruba man imposed your GEJ there if you have forgotten.

And by the way, tell me how the oil has benefited your lives over there despite the 5 times grater allocation given to your region.
You guys are so dependent and arrogant on the oil not knowing its a curse not a blessing and if Nigeria breaks today, your region will suffer the most and revolution will become a part of your culture cos your leaders will wreck you all with greed just as they are doing presently while you point accusing fingers to the wrong persons. And by the time the oil is totally gone, we shall see, what you will live on.

Little did you know that the world survives best on creative wealth not oil
check every country where oil is found in the world, they have no peace

Please do not mind them. If the country splits into 3, I hope we would not build our economy on OIL. Although, we have oil, it makes us lazy. I mean, they keep using oil to threaten the country. Abeg, drown in your oil! You would only have short term gains.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by saridonp2: 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2011
Stupid Yoruba you said right?Is thesame Yorubas that put that fucking Nigga there and other rascals like adeboye and soyinka.Shame on him because he just step on toes and am sure he will step on more toes.Maybe he thought coming from Niger Delta can help him to rule the country.Imagine a servant calling his masters rascals all because your masters made you a leader.Men! I quiet understand the true meaning of ''Minority'' now.What a dump Nigga!Lets see how he will rule the country with his bias statements and his Niger Delta soldiers/patriots or followers.I thought I was a Nigerian but it seems there is nothing like Nigeria when you read some comments here which I believe reflects general views of their people.Jonathan is not a threat to any other tribe but you guys should just pray for Obasanjo to be alive before he finish is tenure otherwise he will run away from that seat by himself.What a nonsentical term!
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2011
I so love what ACN and its leaders are doing, next time Mr President will think twice before talking. See the way a whole seating president is being made a mockery of. Drunk fisherman whose boat is about to capsize. . . Sweet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chukwa Umunna Withdraws From Labour Leadership Race / Legend Golden Care Foundation Holds Foolball Tournament in Kuje Prison / Remember Me As a Conqueror Of “vicious” Godfathers In Edo - Adams Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.