Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! (11034 Views)

DSS Are Rascals; Fayose Storms Aso Villa, Clashes With Buhari... / Fuel Scarcity Strike Organised To Sabotage My Govt –jonathan / Jonathan Says South-West Leaders (Non-PDP) Are Rascals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by ekubear1: 8:25am On Feb 17, 2011
Who cares? Oil is no excuse to act like a dumbass.

Abeg, drunk fisherman need to sit down
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Abali1(m): 8:43am On Feb 17, 2011
My people, seriously both GEJ and BAT made a mistake in their choice of words. This is simply a case of DO ME; I DO YOU.
Now let us think objectively.
Many are calling for BAT'S head 'cos he should have known better, and refrain from insulting his president. But we all forget the role of culture in all this. BAT took GEJ's words as an insult to elders (people older than him). Whether GEJ is a president or not, an insult to elders will not go away just like that in African culture.

Having said that, I think all these tribal sentiments on this forum should cease. We should be asking ourselves how will these politicians improve our lives, what do we expect of them when the April election finally comes and go.
If this country breaks up today, do you all think that the politicians will be much affected. Or if there is war, if it will affect them or their families.

All these talk of, HE IS FROM MY VILLAGE will not get us any where. The politicians will keep on raising this kind of issues, so long as it keeps the ordinary Nigerian away from asking for a better life for him and his family.

In my opinion GEJ and BAT does not care if this country burns to ashes, so long as it does not affect them or their families.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by gare(f): 8:50am On Feb 17, 2011
I do not see how Taking over from Rascal mean insulting the elders or their fathers from Yoruba, BAT was only trying to make this issue a big by getting the support of all Yoruba's, which is very wrong of him. They should mind the kind of utterance they make, more over BAT should not join issues with the president, Fashola was more matured than the BAT, he acted like a gentle , and what BAT has final done is to confirm what the President meant by RASCAL, BY ACTING IN THAT MANNER
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by teskyg: 9:06am On Feb 17, 2011
This is Insulting to the President of a Nation.There are provisions in the Constitution to deal with such insulting comments directed at a sitting President.This is un-called for.Tinubu should be dealt with to serves as deterrent to others.It is an Insult to all Nigerians not only Niger-Deltan.

It is only in Nigeria that Politicians has no manifestos and pick on their Opponents at the slightest goof.Tinubu has not told us the manifestos of ACN after hand picking Ribadu as ACN candidate.Please,Nairalanders,let not allow people like Tinubu pull wool over our eyes.We have seen the efforts of Fashola in Lagos ,the same Lagos Tinubu ruled for 8 years.The difference is clear like 7up.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Vigilante: 9:52am On Feb 17, 2011
@teskyg - you don start again. Watch Foxnews & see how Rush Limbach, Bill O'Riley, Shaun Hannity insult Obama daily.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 17, 2011
cant wait until this turns to[b] IGBO[/b] bashing thread
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 17, 2011
kaecy5:

Obv. this has been a well constructive discussion so far, why are you attention seeking ppl trying to force your tribe into our conversation. Now when they hit you hard, y'all start crying about "jealousy". Why not learn your place and find a tree to swing on?
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by slyopez(m): 10:26am On Feb 17, 2011
Nigeria is not one and can never be one, we have too many differences as in culture, ethnic belief, religion et al, thats the reason the South Easterners are calling for Republic.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:35am On Feb 17, 2011
slyopez:

Nigeria is not one and can never be one, we have too many differences as in culture, ethnic belief, religion et al, thats the reason the South Easterners are calling for Republic.

Either the South-Easterners are yellow-bellied or are actually united in dis-unity not to have made moves already
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by dejummy(f): 11:05am On Feb 17, 2011
[/color]Nairalanders u guys would end up insulting urselves wen u start referring to peoples comments. Weda Tinubu is a past or acting governor doesnt mean he should forsake his party or country, when GEJ was running his mouth he dint realize there were more to come of it, now hes twisting it all round dat he dint mean it dat way, If dey av to beat themselves up either at d' RASCALS PARK' or 'RIVERINE AREA' den let dem be. THERE WOULD ALWAYS BE A WINNER N A LOSER.[color=#000099]
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by eherbal(m): 11:11am On Feb 17, 2011
ok,ok.we assume the president is a drunken fisherman,bla,bla,bla.what does that make you?let me guess.erm,a treacherous,pot smoking,forcefull,autocratic,self glorifying.dictating,back stabbing b@stard!
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by asorocker: 11:31am On Feb 17, 2011
Can some body remind BAT that it is this same drunkard and fishermen that are responsible for the sustenance , growth , prosperity of nigeria

Nigeria cannot do without these drunk fishermen and will do anything to make sure they are part of niger and also the super powers are interested in Nigeria because of the drunk fishermen.

However for BAT and his rascals, nigeria will be ready to quit you as soon as you so desire. You have had many opportunities to opt out of Nigeria but you decide to tow the line of becoming the north's slave.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Ibomade1: 11:51am On Feb 17, 2011
President Goodluck step out of line by making such a statement in Oyo. So personally I don't blame Tinubu for landing the GEJ with a right hand hook tongue tongue
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Tokotaya: 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2011
If u abuse me, I go abuse u back!
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by AGATHIAS: 1:55pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ e- herbal, this one too much . angry
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by vislabraye(m): 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2011
Was Tinubu not a rascal? Was he not an owambe, thuggish and area boy governor? That's why he was the first to reply. Although Fasola seems different. He might be the only exception
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by jamd: 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2011
Quote from: Gbawe on Yesterday at 11:03:25 AM
I don't see how you can prove this unless you can argue effectively that Tinubu used the word fisherman as an ethnic slur on Jonathan's region of origin. as far as I know ridiculing fishermen and what they trade in (fish) is common worldwide . I can call a foul-mouthed woman a "fish wife" .
If I offhandedly call a woman from the riverine area of Nigeria a fishwife because of a foul-mouthed tirade , am I then guilty of ethnic intolerance? Must the word Fisherman never be used in the same sentence as GEJ because Mr. President is from a riverine region?

Just One question for you b4 we move on; What qualifies Gej to be called a fisherman?

I think you did not understand the whole sentence, he said a drunk fisherman whose boat is about to capsize
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2011
teskyg:

This is Insulting to the President of a Nation.There are provisions in the Constitution to deal with such insulting comments directed at a sitting President.This is un-called for.Tinubu should be dealt with to serves as deterrent to others.It is an Insult to all Nigerians not only Niger-Deltan.

It is only in Nigeria that Politicians has no manifestos and pick on their Opponents at the slightest goof.Tinubu has not told us the manifestos of ACN after hand picking Ribadu as ACN candidate.Please,Nairalanders,let not allow people like Tinubu pull wool over our eyes.We have seen the efforts of Fashola in Lagos ,the same Lagos Tinubu ruled for 8 years.The difference is clear like 7up.

Your illiteracy is mind boggling.

Provision in constitution? You need to leave that village of yours and expose yourself.

Some months ago, A governorship aspirant in the US told Obama to shove his approval up his a55.

What about that for an insult
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by EkoIle1: 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2011
kaecy5:

Unfortunately for you, everything is not about you and your they are coming to get me insecurity and paranoia.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by EkoIle1: 5:58pm On Feb 17, 2011
teskyg:

This is pure comedy,
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by tlops(m): 7:19pm On Feb 17, 2011
village headmaster!
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by yinka85: 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2011
teskyg:

This is Insulting to the President of a Nation.There are  provisions in the Constitution to deal with such insulting comments directed at a sitting President.This is un-called for.Tinubu should be dealt with to serves as deterrent to others.It is an Insult to all Nigerians not only Niger-Deltan.

E be like say you just discover the word in bold for ya dictionary,so body dey catch you as you dey try to impress us for Nl.
Take am jejeje before ya ´´boat go sink o´´make I quote Rascal Tinubu.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by mbulela: 10:26pm On Feb 17, 2011
teskyg:

Please pass me some of that stuff.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by lastpage: 3:14am On Feb 18, 2011
Cant you people stop "taking the bait"?
GEJ talk and all of you are going wild?
Now, Tinubu insults "a sitting president" and all of you turn on yourselves like Tribal "Lord of War"?

The thing is all these "yabis" are nothing but political gangsterism and if any one of you "little citizens" get caught up in it, then you are truly silly!
if anyone or any party think they can "play the tribal card", they would get a shocker on election day!

It just like in those days: When Sunny Ade wax a record, Ebenezer Obey's fans will say "he is insulting Obey"!
And before you know it, they are fighting themselves!
Ebenezer Obey will in-turn produce his own record and Sunny Ade's fans will say he has replied and insulted their "baba"! shocked Another round of poor-man's fight will start!

Meanwhile, both Sunny and Obey are selling their records and swelling their bank accounts;
While the silly masses continue to BUY RECORDS AND FIGHT ALL DAY grin grin grin

C'mmon, we are in 2010 naah, not 1974 angry angry

Mschew, some of my readers dont even know who Sunny or Obey are, they can only remember  "Three-face"! grin

BTW: I think we should respect and not denigrate "The Office of the President", not minding our dislike for whoever is the current occupant, he represents the nation's sovereignty!
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by okooyinbo(m): 4:47am On Feb 18, 2011
Can some body remind BAT that it is this same drunkard and fishermen that are responsible for the sustenance , growth , prosperity of nigeria
Nigeria cannot do without these drunk fishermen and will do anything to make sure they are part of niger and also the super powers are interested in Nigeria because of the drunk fishermen.
However for BAT and his rascals, nigeria will be ready to quit you as soon as you so desire. You have had many opportunities to opt out of Nigeria but you decide to tow the line of becoming the north's slave.

In what way are they sustaining, prospering, and growing Nigeria?

Can they or any Nigerian folk for that matter mine the resources on their own? If you ask me, those sustaining, prospering and growing Nigeria are SHELL, ENI, ELF, CHEVRON etc. Without them using their 'BRAIN' and MONIES, you wont have even known there exist such thing under your boat.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by igboboy1(m): 5:11am On Feb 18, 2011
Rascals unu should sharap/// Cos Presido talk true about Rascal ACN governors una dey catch feelings like biotches,
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Obiagu1(m): 5:37am On Feb 18, 2011
Who is this BAT of a person? Is he truly a bat?
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by mikail001(m): 10:18am On Feb 18, 2011
I am alarmed that so-called matured men here can resort into name-calling and unprintable show of shame by throwing degrading stones at other tribes. I should think we should be more mature here? If Johnathan was wrong to call the SW leaders rascals, and Tinubu was equally wrong to be rude to the President, what then do we call the insulting trade we now engage in here? I am ashamed that people who should think straight have relegated their status by cheap lack of thinking.

May God help us!
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by aurenflani: 1:00pm On Feb 19, 2011
I will be very happy if this trend should continue and expand and more leaders from both parties from the ND and SW fall in the band wagon to contribute more fuel to the inferno as their people both educated and illiterates do not think for themselves except what these "rascal "and "fishermen" feed them. I hope this will happen then the CPC will now cash in on it and draw votes come april 2011.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by Klinmanzor: 6:35pm On Feb 19, 2011
Bola Tinubu or Rascal, I don't want to know, but imagine a hopeless hunter, India Hemp Seller not even real cok insulting the First Niger-Delta Son. A traitor like Tinubu ought to be on EXILE. He suppose to thank God to have somebody like President GEJ as the Life President of Nigeria. BOLA A DRUNK HOPELESS HUNTER.
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by mikail001(m): 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2011
By your words we shall know you!
Re: Rascals In Govt: Jonathan A Drunk Fisherman -tinubu ! by ochukoccna: 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2011
DRUNKEN SAILOR FISHERMAN! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
CLASSIC DISS REPLY.
LOVE IT! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports / H.I.D Awolowo Clocks 98 Today / Buhari To Visit Cameroon Over Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.