Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited (35046 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now / Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) / Pastor Funke Adejumo And Husband Felix Remi Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by angelfallz(m): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
half time housewife = half time suffering.
smh too many people really don't know what they are talking about. To each his own
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
saaphiere:
I am seeing someone getting pained because women are about being emancipated from men cage.
Cry me a river
It's either his wife is a housewife, or if he's single he is among those who believe woman are home decorations and shouldn't be allowed to make something out of their lives. And if it's a she, then I think she's a lazy woman who either stays at home and expect the husband to kill himself or has been bullied to believe that staying idle is submition to the will of God and her husband. And if she's still single, she's a lady without any plans to become useful to herself and people around her. And that's the reason for the painment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nellsworld(m): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Yes, it's the verse that says wives should be keepers at home.

Titus 2:5 KJV
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Did u understand what theat portion of the bible mean or u just saw it and pasted it, a working woman or business woman can still be a keeper of her home. A wife is a helper to her husband both emotionally, financially and physically
In this 2020, u are thinking like this, i pity you, hope you dey work for NNPC or NDDC

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
mariahAngel:

I own my own business grin

I am waiting for Coco to tell people here that most women work anyway and I agree with her. The nostalgia surrounding the full-time-housewife is a myth. Even in the olden days women used to work on farms and sell the products grown there. How many families can afford to comfortably live on one income anyway? Don't you see mothers with babies tied to their backs hustling?

Anyway, always have something to fall back on. Your children will grow and need you less and you can do a part-time job when they are young and still have time for the family. And get a supportive man. The men on food section know their away around the kitchen very well. wink

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
Ladies, never you agree to be a housewife to avoid see finish, not only will he control you, he will chase after women that are working or doing something with their lives, if your husband is working, work also, if he wants to do masters, also do your masters, that's if you enjoy being respected in marriage, na small thing dey make person lose respect for marriage.

You know if you carefully select a good man, you might not have to worry about competing with your husband. I know it's good to have a job for your own self worth but this sounds very unhealthy.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Reference(m): 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Little wonder most folks refuse to educate, inspire, empower their daughters.

If Ferraris are never to be driven but kept locked up in garages and in showrooms and museums, a day is coming when they will be made without engines.

If women cannot be empowered then parents will not train them and if they are not trained they will be good only as slaves. Is this the vicious cycle we want as a nation.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
spiceadole:

Wisest decision I ever took.
I was just imagining..Not been able to take care of my financial needs without "begging" ..Having to wait for my husband to give me money before I could send funds to my parents and siblings, buy stuff for myself,etc.
Who goes to medical school for 8 years to become a full time housewife with no source of income except "husband gives me"? Definitely,not me.

I didnt even argue with him or try to negotiate.
I played dumb..Got home ,texted him I was no longer interested and we stopped seeing.

It would be a great loss if humanity lost a fully qualified doctor. Imagine all the lives you can save. smiley
I am glad you found a supportive husband. There are men who take pride in the achievements of their wives.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by zudozz: 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
pastor US$
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by angelfallz(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
I thought it through, your comments on this thread irks me. Find something doing before its too late. My friend's mother spent 15years suffering immediately her husband died, she didnt have any job to fall back to or anything doing, she was just a miserable housewife. It was difficult finding something to do to feed her kids, the economy is hard, if you are a housewife, give yourself brain, or else your husband will keep controlling you and cheat on you cause you deserve it for being lazy.

you are projecting someone else's problem. Look there are women that work but are still suffering, there are families where the woman works but the husband still controls her, there are families where the woman works the husband still cheats on her.
A woman working is not a cure.
To each his own.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by victorian(f): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
I pray not to be a full time housewife especially to a Nigerian man.

Be one and die of heart attack untimely .

They will so fruatrate the wife ehn? Especially after given birth to two kids.

The wife will wish , she was never born in the first place .
God forbid angry

I read on young moms forum on Facebook , a housewife seeking our advice about her husband who stopped coming home most nights and no more money for feeding for her and the kids , she begged him endlessly to tell her what she has done wrong. The man said how dare she talk to his gf to leave him alone and if she were married like her ,would she be happy if another lady is keeping her husband away from home?

That for him he's not angry wit her o.

But if she want him back and want him to drop money for food , she had better call his babe and apologise to her . And If she accepts ? Then the wife should thank her God .

As for him , he has nothing to say to what's on ground , just go and beg my sweetheart.

So the wife is asking us? What's the best way to beg her husband side chick , so she will forgive her ?

cheesy

Can u all imagine?

All the women in the forum were insulting her , and saying it's because she depends on her husband for food ,that's why he can reduce his wife to such level .

Nigerian men ehn? Be a full time house wife and die of heart attack in few years time .

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by angelfallz(m): 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
Housewife spotted. Find something doing before its too late, your husband might not be alive forever, God forbid he dies, how will you feed your kids?. Think!

My God! what is the meaning of this "Housewife spotted"
Are you trying to degrade her or what? For your information housewives offer a lot more to the society, than career women or business women.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Jaqenhghar: 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
saaphiere:
I am seeing someone getting pained because women are about being emancipated from men cage.
Cry me a river
You call that emancipation? LMAO
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
spiceadole:
My ex told me I will have to quit my job,forget about a career as a medical doctor and be his full time house wife before he marries me...He promised to place me on a monthly salary,just to keep me away from work.

The relationship ended that day.

I didn't care how long we had been together or what people will say.

My eye opened..and I received sense.

I rebuke the life of "I am waiting for my husband..If my husband no give me,I no chop".

Thankfully,I married my colleague the following year..
Its been 3 years and we fine!

So you're a Doctor and you married a Doctor?

Dr Mrs & Dr Mr.

I feel for your children, they must know book by force LMAOOOO!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by angelfallz(m): 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
bukatyne:

The fact that the men around you punish their full time housewives doesn't mean all men are like that.

Some men send their salaries to the account of the wife/joint account who manages it; some others decide to pay their wives 'personal allowances' in addition to the allowances for running the home.

I think knowing that your finance is all that is giving you a leverage in your marriage is a terrible place for a woman to be.

I don't know who keeps deceiving women that earning a living is all there is to 'preventing' abuse in marriage. Most of the women we hear were killed by their husbands were working.

Learn to discern and choose well.

I don't know who keeps deceiving women that earning a living is all there is to 'preventing' abuse in marriage. Most of the women we hear were killed by their husbands were working.

Learn to discern and choose well.

May God bless you a million times for that quote. Many women are being deceived that working is a cure for marital problems like domestic abuse, adultery etc.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by stagger: 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

The only "cage" is getting married. Do you honestly feel that you're better than a 'housewife', assuming the word exists in your pastor's bible?

Sharrap! Marriage is not a cage.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
Reference:

I asked for details not innuendos.
My private life is not up for discussion here but I will say this, there is no single woman in my life before and after, immediate and extended family who understands what the term housewife means.

It is just a ridiculous waste of humanity, human capacity and human resources. I will not bring up a girl child towards that at all. It is better she forgets about marraige completely than engage in that.

She either gets a man with such a humongous vision that will require her assistance or pursue one of her own. The efforts of any parent towards the girl child must not be wasted on any useless sentiment. We want to see our daughters, not just sons become something. Something God created them to be.

Not every person has the same capacity and the same resources.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by cicero(m): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
You chose to be a part time housewife but you are abusing others who chose to be full time house wives probably in agreement with their husbands? God will show you mercy.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by RPG2020(m): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
saaphiere:
Cry me a river

Then catch us if you can
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by nasbiafra(m): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
And the females would be the ones to comment most on this thread

for those of you supporting this end time pastors there is a tendency you might be single mothers or baby mamas

not too conversant with the bible but i know in the bible a woman is not sopose to mount the altar

the few notable women of God in the bible where not even prophetess but judges

and also when the creator was to give punishment to adam and eve after eating the forbiden he did not list woman to carter for the family but instead he said man shall till the soil to get food(carter for the family) and woman shall have difficult in making babies(make babies and taking care of the babies and you cant do that while trying to find food for the family,you do it at home being a housewife)

and lastly to all this feminist imaging being a house wife to the likes of dangote,adeleke,otedola

many of una for here self go even like follow regina drag ned nwoko

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by mariahAngel(f): 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hathor5:

I am waiting for Coco to tell people here that most women work anyway and I agree with her. The nostalgia surrounding the full-time-housewife is a myth. Even in the olden days women used to work on farms and sell the products grown there. How many families can afford to comfortably live on one income anyway? Don't you see mothers with babies tied to their backs hustling?

Anyway, always have something to fall back on. Your children will grow and need you less and you can do a part-time job when they are young and still have time for the family. And get a supportive man. The men on food section know their away around the kitchen very well. wink
grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
It's either his wife is a housewife, or if he's single he is among those who believe woman are home decorations and shouldn't be allowed to make something out of their lives. And if it's a she, then I think she's a lazy woman who either stays at home and expect the husband to kill himself or has been bullied to believe that staying idle is submition to the will of God and her husband. And if she's still single, she's a lady without any plans to become useful to herself and people around her. And that's the reason for the painment.
Don't mind him or her

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by angelfallz(m): 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
saaphiere:
You are just so pained that we have women like this who want to put fellow women in the light.
Nah. they are just deceiving women.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Mgtowmonk: 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
" because the ones with the earning power "

wtf does the above even mean?!!
Did any man stop you from earning your own money?
You're making it look like men prevent women from earning sad
Hathor5:

Who is "we"?

Women have been at the receiving end from times immemorial because the ones with the earning power have abused their position.

That's not going to change.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by donmarshia(m): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
truthsayer009:

True, a house wife is a full time unpaid labour. If I was a woman, there is so many things I won't tolerate and house wife is one of them.

No matter how people tend to romance it, once you don't bring in money, you are a liability. Sad but true.

You guys talk a lot about money as a result of poverty.

The feeling by a man that a woman needs to bring in money is a poor man's mindset.

Raising ethical, productive children is a far greater honour than any kind of work.

A woman should decide to work based on passion/vision for an activity and not based on the need for money and her passion or work should never take the place/role of raising great kids which she brought into the world.

Our men should be taught to provide all the needs of their family.

Poverty is first and foremost in the mind.

Once you truly know that your supply is endless, working or not working will never be an issue.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by efosky1246(m): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
God forbid the man mistakenly die, how will the housewife cope, I dont understand why people dont think of the future.

Can you just shut up with the `what happens if the husband dies` question?

It's a possibility anyone could die anytime but does that mean each and every decision we make should revolve around the fear of death?

Proper planning can be put in place to mitigate unforseen occurrence regardless of how the incomes come in.

But what's worse is seeing your children become degenerates because both parents were relentlessly pursuing careers.

The first and foremost duty of the family unit is raising, healthy responsible children. And the role of the woman as a homemaker is very crucial to achieving that objective.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Mgtowmonk:
" because the ones with the earning power "

wtf does the above even mean?!!
Did any man stop you from earning your own money?
You're making it look like men prevent women from earning sad

You need to understand comments in their context. Go back and re-read, I am chilling out now and you don't seem to be swimming on the same wave. Bye!

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by angelfallz(m): 7:53pm On Aug 16, 2020
Zzor:
exactly,that is modern day slavery

Says who?
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by RPG2020(m): 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Let me check

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by angelfallz(m): 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
mariahAngel:

As long as they understand each other, I see no problem with it.

A woman who stays at home does not mean she's idle.
If you understand what it takes to keep the home going on a daily basis, you'll know that it is not easy.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by prophetfire: 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
abdullahi45:

It is quite hypocritical when all of a sudden even the prochoice see being a full house wife as being in a confinement...
I wonder. What happened to the freedom to choose as it suits one which they advocate?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nellsworld(m): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Where in the entire Proverbs 31 does it say the virtuous woman went to work under a boss?

She was her own boss, and what was her business? Farming. She had a vineyard which doesn't need daily inspection. This gives her enough time to be at home. Also, the virtuous woman had maids which means they helped her at the vineyard. None of her activities kept her away from home.

However, today's 9 to 5 jobs which are really 8 to 7 divide families. Kids lack proper upbringing as a result of mothers being away hustling like fathers.
Wat u said is false, My mum was the breadwinner, she was the man and the woman, her job was from 7 am till any time her boss leaves cos she was secretary to the MD of NAMA port harcourt branch, but she trained her 4 children well, 3 of us are graduates, so it depends on the woman, cos she ve stayed at home as a full-time house wife, i don't think any of her kids would ve finished skol, cos my dad was nothing to write abt cos he never stayed with us

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Nana Poku 'Heals' Woman With A Kiss In South Africa (Video) / Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar / A Thread For Nigerian Secular Philosophy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.