Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited (35006 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now / Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) / Pastor Funke Adejumo And Husband Felix Remi Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by NoToPile: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
The way people just lift a line is quite alarming, I just watched the video and that was just a statement that was made.

Other things like humility worshiping the lord not being proud, being an asset to your husband and destiny were mentioned infact they were mentioned in fact they were the main parts of the short video.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by wpadmin: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

The only "cage" is getting married. Do you honestly feel that you're better than a 'housewife', assuming the word exists in your pastor's bible?

Even Bible talk am say Marriage na long suffering.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Angelfrost(m): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tell them o... I can't understand why young ladies in this age of advancement will deliberately decide to be burdens to themselves, their fellow humans, their offsprings, and society... Makes no sense!!!

A lot of these people don't even make the slightest effort at self improvement or independence...

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by wpadmin: 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
saaphiere:
I am seeing someone getting pained because women are about being emancipated from men cage.
Cry me a river

Marriage itself na cage.

I don't understand how men get into that shiit.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
SSpeter:
I wouldn't want to quote you but you seem overtly elated so let me paint a real life scenario for you. Firstly from the way you sound, I can deduce that you are not yet married and you are not gainfully employed yet (if employed, not in a fast paced corporate organization). First, there are no jobs out there unless by God's grace you get a Federal or state Job. Secondly the good jobs in large corporations are strrrrrrreeeesful; imagine family pressure on a stressful job? Imagine having series of stressful meetings and unbelievable targets and you come home to look at kids home work? A colleague pay his nanny 50k per month with free lunch and dinner. How many working class women earn that? How can a wife be earning 45k teaching while the hubby is paying nanny 50k plus other pecks. I respect women especially the ones I work with but out there a lot of you ladies need reasoning....every step towards women emancipation, is a giant step towards women enslavement.

Please speak for yourself. For me house chores are the most stressful job there is. I respect every woman who runs a home without any help and I am impressed by their courage to sacrifice their earning power for the family because I have seen too many women not being rewarded for doing so ultimately.

I don't see my job as enslavement. The money I earn gives me freedom to do lots of things.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
And full time being cheated on.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by BrainResetter: 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
grin

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by AJCs(m): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Being full house wife as the preacher said is quite different from being an house wife most comments here talk! Being a full house wife, to me, should end as soon as child bearing ends as most couples may not like the idea of employing services of house help. But being permanent or everlasting full house wife is not a good decision from couple as their female children may see this precedent as a good thing.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Patrioticman007(m): 6:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Then she has a point, though liability itself is relative. If we consider a housewife a liability because she isn’t working from home (business). Doesn’t that mean we have trivialized something as important as childcare? Something we outsource and pay for? I hope you get my point, sis.

Its disheartening that the world cares not about child care but $$$$$ care. The gaps btw mothers & children is as wide as their greed.
Materialism is at it peak, only Allah can help us.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Lexusgs430:
If the husband is wealthy & reasonable ....... Then been a housewife, is an enjoyable position........ grin

Even if my husband was Dangote, I would feel like my talents and education are being wasted without something to do outside the home.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
prophetfire:
. Being a house wife, does it make a woman a slave? Though I would not want my wife to be house wife but it doesn't put women in any cage. I have seen very good and happy housewives. A friend who works in the oil industry and his wife is a lawyer, they decided the woman stay at home for the kids and she left her legal patnership and they are happy.
That man is very wicked. Keeping a lawyer at home.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Martinez39s(m): 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
SMH.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Ishilove: 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
After the all the school person go plus the sleep depriving career someone is using to feed, one will now end up as a full time house wife? E no fiti happen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Angelfrost(m): 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

The only "cage" is getting married. Do you honestly feel that you're better than a 'housewife', assuming the word exists in your pastor's bible?

Let's leave terminologies aside... No need bickering over trivia.

In this day and age of economic hardship and uncertainty, no woman, whether single or married, should be totally dependent on a man for all financial and material needs!!! It makes no sense!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Edna33: 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

Well it is better to eat when your husband gives you than be forced by a pastor to take up a 10k job that needs you jumping from one danfo to the other while you're 7 months pregnant.
lol...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
theForth:
while not ruling out the fact that the wife is being degraded due to her dependency on her husband, how do you know she's being treated badly due to that, there could be numerous reasons why this is happening. And how does making money for a woman stop an abusive husband?

Nobody said a working woman can't be abused but she is more likely to have the financial power to walk out.

And if the husband decides that he wants a younger woman in his life she has something to fall back on.

Focusing all your energy on one aspect of your life is dangerous. It's like investing all your money in one stock. A smart investor will divide his investments and scatter shares.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by davien(m): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Cook, clean and take care of the kids that's all, anything you want to do must and will not interfere with these three things in my home.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by nwele2017: 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
most housewife's are uneducated, it's on a very rare occasions that you see educated women who are housewives. Every woman wants to be a career woman and contribute her own quarter to the development of her community

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by deliveryboy: 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
bukatyne:

If as a working wife, your income cannot pay for your transportation, upkeep, childcare and maintaining the home, it is negative.

This is because you have to use your husband's income to supplement whatever you should have done and have outsourced.

It is just like the pseudo-businesswomen that their husbands keep pumping money into their businesses, paying rent, paying salaries and other expenses to keep the business afloat.
Good thought process.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

Just tell your pastor to preach the appropriate message.

Full time housewife is not full-time suffering. Some housewives are doing better than her.
May I not marry your kind of man, men like you want a woman to be a housewife and depend on you for everything down to the smallest penny, in such way you control her the way you want, I'm sure you are a Yoruba guy, cause its Yoruba guys that support this housewife talks.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Hathor5(f): 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

You're right my sister. I need to take it personal. I don't think the Bible gave any clear instruction as to whether a wife should earn money or not. There are many ways to support a man and many housewives are doing that so well.

This condescending idea about housewives has forced many women into modern day slavery. A lot of pregnant women and nursing mothers are going through high and severe levels of stress just to avoid being called a 'housewife' by these fake preachers.

Really? It wasn't the abuse of power that men have exercised over their dependent wives?

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Pat081: 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
mariahAngel:

As long as they understand each other, I see no problem with it.

A woman who stays at home does not mean she's idle.
If you understand what it takes to keep the home going on a daily basis, you'll know that it is not easy.
Abi now i dnt read it but read comment ,some pastor will just wake up and be saying what God did nt send them so if i have d money nw and i dnt want my wife 2 work is that one a sin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Peace2love: 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
A full time housewife that devote her time to raise godly children is a Blessing PLC limited to the society than a career women (wife) that neglected her role as a mother all in the name of making more money for the family. Rapist, kidnappers, and the like are products of our mothers in responsibility.

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by jornwhite: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
bukatyne:

All fingers are not equal, must yours be the shortest? grin

Truth is nowhere in the Bible teaches women to full housewives, it is more of a Western introduction to Christianity.

Think more than you pray: kiss

In a bid to convince yourself you ended up confused, western learning brought self realization to women.
if we are to deduce from God"s curse to the woman i see no duties beyond what a full housewife does.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
bukatyne:

The fact that the men around you punish their full time housewives doesn't mean all men are like that.

Some men send their salaries to the account of the wife/joint account who manages it; some others decide to pay their wives 'personal allowances' in addition to the allowances for running the home.

I think knowing that your finance is all that is giving you a leverage in your marriage is a terrible place for a woman to be.

I don't know who keeps deceiving women that earning a living is all there is to 'preventing' abuse in marriage. Most of the women we hear were killed by their husbands were working.

Learn to discern and choose well.
Housewife spotted. Find something doing before its too late, your husband might not be alive forever, God forbid he dies, how will you feed your kids?. Think!
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Angelfrost:

Let's leave terminologies aside... No need bickering over trivia.

In this day and age of economic hardship and uncertainty, no woman, whether single or married, should be totally dependent on a man for all financial and material needs!!! It makes no sense!!!
True talk.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by alBHAGDADI: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
bukatyne:

And how does been the keeper at home negate working outside the home?

In Proverbs 31 vs 10 - 31, we see the example of the virtuous woman. Except the far places she was conducting her business was her homes, she managed to keep her home with a lot of helps without been physically at home.

We can only argue she had a bit of flexibility because she did her own business.

Deborah was a judge who sat under the Palm Tree EVERY DAY. Maybe she wa living in the Palm Tree.

Priscilla the wife of Acquilla followed him EVERYWHERE he went.

We have Lydia the seller of purple cloth, the women (all married) who followed Jesus everywhere He went etc.

There is nowhere in the Bible that teaches wives should be housewives just how nowhere teaches that men should be sole providers.

Where in the entire Proverbs 31 does it say the virtuous woman went to work under a boss?

She was her own boss, and what was her business? Farming. She had a vineyard which doesn't need daily inspection. This gives her enough time to be at home. Also, the virtuous woman had maids which means they helped her at the vineyard. None of her activities kept her away from home.

However, today's 9 to 5 jobs which are really 8 to 7 divide families. Kids lack proper upbringing as a result of mothers being away hustling like fathers.

The Bible can't say one thing and contradict itself in another passage. It says wives should be keepers at home. This means the virtuous woman never went out to work other than on her vineyard as explained above and going to fetch food e.g market.

All the women you piled up there are misconstrued. Deborah was a prophetess and a judge. Perhaps you think she's a judge in the sense of normal court of law. No, she was a judge like Samson and it's not something you get paid for but called to do.

How does Priscilla following her husband everywhere buttress your point? It does not but show she was under her husband's roof all the time.

As for Lydia, maybe you should show me where it is written that she was married.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
mariahAngel:

If it is what I want, I wouldn't mind.
Its only a lazy woman that will want to be a housewife.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by dozymars(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
This woman will manipulate the unwise in the name of religion.

That's not the way to pass such message.
Not all women can be ambitious.
There are so many ways a woman can support her husband.

Yes she has to think.
She also needs to balance her career and giving attention to her family.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Acidosis(m): 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nuttella:
May I not marry your kind of man, men like you want a woman to be a housewife and depend on you for everything down to the smallest penny, in such way you control her the way you want, I'm sure you are a Yoruba guy, cause its Yoruba guys that support this housewife talks.

As far as we are happy, why should it bother you?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Lexusgs430: 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hathor5:

Even if my husband was Dangote, I would feel like my talents and education are being wasted without something to do outside the home.

If your husband was dangote.......... Your talents and education, would be naturally wasted........ cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
Acidosis:

As far as we are happy, why should it bother you?
You are just a control freak, accept it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mad Man "Delivered' At RCCG Lagos (Photos) / Pastors, Private Jets And Their Taxes By Joseph Edgar / Nana Poku 'Heals' Woman With A Kiss In South Africa (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.