Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... (2357 Views)

Do Girls Bring Good Luck Or Bad Luck Or I’m Just Over Thinking. / Am I Over Thinking This? / Nigerian Lady Narrates How Friend Of 20 Years Dumped Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Alexprech: 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
my friend has been dating this guy like three months now, she loves him so much but the problem there is that her guy is 12 years older than her......she keeps on asking me if there is anything wrong with the age difference? please advice a sister....she keeps on listening to people telling her that her guy is too old for her that it will affect her in future......
please is there anything wrong with them?
she needs your advice.....
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by hopeforcharles(m): 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nothing is wrong. If it's just the age, it's not an issue, what about Ned and Regina

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Alexprech: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
hopeforcharles:
Nothing is wrong. If it's just the age, it's not an issue, what about Ned and Regina
Thanks..

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by UDUJ(m): 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2020
Your friend doesn't have access to the Internet to come post this herself? Always a friend everytime.

As long as the love is there they can go ahead. Age is just a number. Majority of times the matured men take good care of the ladies better than the youngsters that just want to smash and dash.

3 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Oldoinyolengai(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
hopeforcharles:
After reading the thread title I thought that her friend was over thinking about a complex issue like how to land on the Moon. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Oldoinyolengai(m): 8:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
UDUJ:
Your friend doesn't have access to the Internet to come post this herself? Always a friend everytime.

As long as the love is there they can go ahead. Age is just a number. Majority of times the matured men take good care of the ladies better than the youngsters that just want to smash and dash.
Show me your friend and I will tell who you are....so you are what your friend is. grin

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by baralatie(m): 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
she gat aids?
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by hopeforcharles(m): 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
After reading the thread title I thought that her friend was over thinking about a complex issue like how to land on the Moon. undecided
Me too, but it's a simple issue, if it doesn't work she leave na

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
Alexprech:
my friend has been dating this guy like three months now, she loves him so much but the problem there is that her guy is 12 years older than her......she keeps on asking me if there is anything wrong with the age difference? please advice a sister....she keeps on listening to people telling her that her guy is too old for her that it will affect her in future......

of course it will affect her in the future, but if she loves him and had no problem dating him so far, why suddenly care about what people think?!
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by baralatie(m): 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

of course it will affect her in the future, but if she loves him and had no problem dating him so far, why suddenly care about what people think?!
this comment is uncalled for
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
baralatie:
this comment is uncalled for

we have to be honest with ourselves, before anything... the above is me being fully honest, and you should be too.

as much as age is indeed nothing but a number (when it comes to love), you cant pretend that a person twelve years older wants the same things as someone 12 yrs younger than them. furthermore, as they grow older, the differences will be more obvious. at 38yrs old babe will be in a period in her life where she would want to do much more in life and still be vibrant with life, while this dude would be clocking 50 and already thinking of retirement and not as vibrant any longer.

i am not saying that people should all have the same goals in life, but dating an older person would definitely be a challenge, as time goes on (especially for people like Ned/Regina).
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Blackpromise(m): 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
I don't see anything wrong in that...

For Quality and durable gadgets and Equipments Purchases, Visit
https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=d2ogxtfbfkbc&utm_content=gakjk03
We deliver to all parts of Nigeria.
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by frozen70(f): 12:05am On Aug 17, 2020
Alexprech:

Let her keep listening until she loses him

Can't she follow her heart
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Mcslize: 4:11am On Aug 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Bro Jay, how will it affect her in the future? Seriously? So you meant a 35 years old guy can't marry a 25yrs lady?

Do you know how fast women age?

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:38am On Aug 17, 2020
Mcslize:
Bro Jay, how will it affect her in the future? Seriously? So you meant a 35 years old guy can't marry a 25yrs lady?

Do you know how fast women age?

as i said earlier.... just because today you guys do the same things, doesnt mean it will always be that way. the older person will age faster thus eventually be in a certain mindset different than the younger babe... like when he reaches 50 or 60, and the babe is still fresh and energetic.

can you imagine that, by the time Regina's child will be in his early twenties, Regina will need to also change Ned's diapers? how long do you thinks she would last, before she runs out with the little money he has left (and go get her groove on with some fit young mandingo brotha)?!?!?

nothing wrong with age difference, but let us be honest here!

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by skywalker240(m): 6:13am On Aug 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

as i said earlier.... just because today you guys do the same things, doesnt mean it will always be that way. the older person will age faster thus eventually be in a certain mindset different than the younger babe... like when he reaches 50 or 60, and the babe is still fresh and energetic.

can you imagine that, by the time Regina's child will be in his early twenties, Regina will need to also change Ned's diapers? how long do you thinks she would last, before she runs out with the little money he has left (and go get her groove on with some fit young mandingo brotha)?!?!?

brotherly i de feel you.

na i must marry young fresh wife as e be say women they quick old na im make baba ramota 39 years go marry funke of 20 years

22 years later, baba ramota is not same as baba ramota of 22 years back, now na small small boys of 29 - 35 de scatter funke active kpekus.

age matters alot nowadays o
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by thesolutions(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Alexprech:
Emotional blackmail at work. You are either in a friendzone without knowing or she is making advancement to you. Very soon, you will begin to hear her say I want to die just to get you to commit yourself being Mr. nice guy.
Don't always get emotional to women/ladies whining. They are too logical to emotional males and these emotional males make them think they are smart. My verdict.

1 Like

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Mcslize: 9:25am On Aug 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Ned and Regina is out of this. That's not the type of age gap we are talking about. Women age faster than men, that's why u see a girl of 20yrs looking like 30yrs.

A man of 30yrs can comfortably marry a girl of 20yrs and I see no reason why we will say the guy is too old for the girl. We are not talking about 20yrs age difference.

A 35yrs old gallant young man can comfortably marry a 24 to 26 yrs old girl and they will both match well. That's why you see some guys looking younger than their wives but for age, they are older than the wife ( for guys that married their age mates)

If you marry your age mate, trust me, it will be hard to tell whether she is your wife or your aunty.

I can't marry my age mate cuz all my age mates look older than me in appearance. In fact, I will call them my aunties. And that's why, when choosing a partner, it is advisable for the guy to go for someone he is older than with atleast 3yrs and at most 10yrs and above cuz women age faster in all raminification except those that are keeping fit.

2 Likes

Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
Mcslize:

Ned and Regina is out of this. That's not the type of age gap we are talking about. Women age faster than men, that's why u see a girl of 20yrs looking like 30yrs.

A man of 30yrs can comfortably marry a girl of 20yrs and I see no reason why we will say the guy is too old for the girl. We are not talking about 20yrs age difference.

A 35yrs old gallant young man can comfortably marry a 24 to 26 yrs old girl and they will both match well. That's why you see some guys looking younger than their wives but for age, they are older than the wife ( for guys that married their age mates)

If you marry your age mate, trust me, it will be hard to tell whether she is your wife or your aunty.

I can't marry my age mate cuz all my age mates look older than me in appearance. In fact, I will call them my aunties. And that's why, when choosing a partner, it is advisable for the guy to go for someone he is older than with atleast 3yrs and at most 10yrs and above cuz women age faster in all raminification except those that are keeping fit.

you missed my point... i have never said it was wrong to marry someone younger, i simply stated that AS TIME GOES BY and they grow older, the differences will be apparent, and thats when it will really be difficult for them.

skywalker240:

brotherly i de feel you.
na i must marry young fresh wife as e be say women they quick old na im make baba ramota 39 years go marry funke of 20 years
22 years later, baba ramota is not same as baba ramota of 22 years back, now na small small boys of 29 - 35 de scatter funke active kpekus.
age matters alot nowadays o

we men can marry much younger babes and i fully understand why many do (who no like better things?!)... but they only think about NOW NOW, and dont care about the future, when they get really old and that babe is now still fresh, but you cant cater to her "needs".
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by prettysassygirl(f): 4:50am On Aug 18, 2020
Alexprech:

There is nothing wrong with the age-gap.
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by cooooooks(m): 4:59am On Aug 18, 2020
I do not think that the age difference, in of itself, should be a deal breaker.

However, how young is she? Is she under 22? What is the guy's dating/relationship history?

She should enjoy herself and consider these questions. IF she's still happy/satisfied, it is her life!
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 18, 2020
Does he treat you with respect? Does your opinion matter? Age is not much of an issue, except you make it to be.
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by pak: 9:00am On Aug 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

you missed my point... i have never said it was wrong to marry someone younger, i simply stated that AS TIME GOES BY and they grow older, the differences will be apparent, and thats when it will really be difficult for them.

we men can marry much younger babes and i fully understand why many do (who no like better things?!)... but they only think about NOW NOW, and dont care about the future, when they get really old and that babe is now still fresh, but you cant cater to her "needs".

Quite the opposite. The difference becomes less apparent actually
Women tend to age faster, the stress child bearing has on the body is also a factor.

A 40 year old woman with 3/4 kids will often look older than her 50 year old husband
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by SavageResponse(m): 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
Alexprech:

If your friend is not up to 40 yest then she has nothing to worry about
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Alexprech: 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
pak:

Quite the opposite. The difference becomes less apparent actually
Women tend to age faster, the stress child bearing has on the body is also a factor.

A 40 year old woman with 3/4 kids will often look older than her 50 year old husband
exactly what I told her..
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by gasparpisciotta: 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
Alexprech:

Age may not be an issue if the guys intentions are for a happily ever after things
Re: Help! A Friend Of Mine Is Really Over Thinking.... by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
I am 13 years older than my partner, so what?? At least it is not the other way around. Had it been the girl was 12 years older than the guy, then it becomes a big deal.

(1) (Reply)

Nursing Mother Caught On Camera Being Ch0pped By A Man Whilst Carrying Her Child / What Are Your Sexual Fantasies? Share With Delectablegyal. / Beautiful Black Carribbean Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.