Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Black Orchid - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Orchid (12818 Views)

An Orchid In The Orchad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2020
Deborah98, elvictor, Ann2012, khriztal, emex100, fattprince, adeola25, michaellovaldo, aforke27, jomagibs, sheba222, topol99, gunners160, froze6, celestialbeing, pauliben

Y'all please mention more friends. This piece is getting more interesting grin

3 Likes

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2020
Comments and observations are highly appreciated embarassed

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by Kaycee9242(m): 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nice one op, u really have a good work here. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 7:07am On Sep 20, 2020
Kaycee9242:
Nice one op, u really have a good work here. Keep it up.
I appreciate man
Re: Black Orchid by Ann2012(f): 9:41am On Sep 20, 2020
We need more pls.....
Re: Black Orchid by Adeola25(f): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Black Orchid by Kaycee9242(m): 9:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
When are we getting the next update op
Re: Black Orchid by enirock(m): 10:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
So Tomi is helping him call 'dibbs' on Sandra Nice one bros. Kindly keep the updates coming. We are oliver-twisting.
Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
We had one more class before we could call it a day. Monday classes were always less cumbersome and less boring. Apart from the 2 hours Sociology class that, the remaining class was just one hour. I was with Grace and Daniel at the popular Convo park conversing and laughing when Tomi called me asking for my location, I told him where I was and he said he would be coming. He arrived a few minutes later with Iniobong. They sat alongside us, and joined in the conversation. It was 1:32pm when I asked Tomi about Sandra.

"Dem still de class? " I asked him in a bro code way.

"Who be dem?" Grace asked.

"Na every pants wey de market go be ur size?" Daniel asked her.

Infuriated, she blurted. "Na you I ask?"

"Na you wey King ask the initial question?" Daniel clapped back.

"Guys it's okay," Iniobong came on.

"You people should warn Daniel to stay clear of my business or else he won't like what I will do" Grace warned.

Daniel laughed and said "Na so".

"Children will always be Children," Tomi said.

"Verily I say to you, Tomi, you de mad" Daniel said and we all laughed.

Tomi finally answered my question "Dem de class, but soon dem go finish".

"I know it's a girl issue," Iniobong said. I looked at her and wanted to remind her of her rude behaviour to me earlier but I decided not to.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 7:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
It was exactly 2pm when Tomi, Daniel and I went back to ECN block to search for Sandra.

"Be a man and frightened not," Daniel said.

Truth was, I was trembling at the thought of talking to Sandra. I prayed for the spirit of 'wooing' to abide in me as I'll be talking to her.

"Don't forget to collect number o" Tomi said. I looked at him and said

"Didn't you get her number the day you were with her?"

"No, I wasn't initially on to her, I was talking to the philosophy girl before she came by. They are friends," He said.

We saw Sandra seated with two boys and a girl talking and laughing.

"These year one boys go de do anyhow with our babes," Daniel said.

"Yes o" Tomi added. It was a kind of belief or talk that said, first year girls were not meant for first year boys but rather second year boys and vice versa.

I went in and I was like "If I perish, I perish. But I must talk to Sandra today".

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by enirock(m): 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2020
Even if the heavens come down, He must speak with Sandra today. He's got his mind made up. Thanks for the updates.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by Kaycee9242(m): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nice one Op, my guy should not Bleep up with Sandra ooooo

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by Khriztarl(f): 3:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
'if i perish, i perish'
This got me screaming "mad o".

Ebere, take it easy o, stop being nervous. Don't go there now and loss my eyeglass.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
enirock:
Even if the heavens come down, He must speak with Sandra today. He's got his mind made up. Thanks for the updates.

Truly i say to you grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
I went in and I was like "If I perish, I perish. But I must talk to Sandra today".

"Guys, what’s up" I greeted the guys and shook hands with them. I greeted the lady also before I turned to Sandra, smiled and said.

"Hi, Sandra. We meet again".

"Yeah."

"Can I talk to you for a while."

"Now?"

"Yes."

She looked at her friends before responding "Okay". She stood up and followed me to an empty sit close to the window. I looked towards Tomi and
Daniel and saw the thumb up fingers they were giving me.

"I'm Kingston once again," I said with a smile as we sat down.

"Yes," she said. What is Yes? I thought.

"I'm so sorry if I'm taking your precious time but you have to be cool with me"

"I'm cool with you"

"Alright," I said. "You look extremely beautiful" I started with a compliment.

"Thank you. And you don't look bad either," She said.

I was on a white long sleeve shirt tucked inside a black Pam trouser and the Italian shoe I wore to church. I loved dressing cool on Mondays. Her cologne made me feel like I was with an angel sent from God.

"Thank you. What's the name of your Cologne?" I asked.
"Cologne?"

"Yes. Cologne."

"What is that?"

"Oh. It's like saying a perfume"

She laughed and said "Please when did perfume turn to cologne?". She laughed? I thought. What a good start.

I chuckled, “Well, that's what I call it all the time."

"Hmmm. Well, the name is Hannah Montana."

"Wow, the name!" I exclaimed.

"Yes. I so much love it"

"Yeah, it scents sweet and friendly". Friendly? What kind of review is that? I thought.

"Have you watched the movie?" She asked me.

I replied No, gave her reasons why I didn't. Then we began talking about movies. We absolutely talked about movies. The ones we watched and the ones we didn't. She explained to me that she was a Korean drama freak. Her favourite actor being the famous "Kim Jim Pu" or something like that. She also stated she preferred Nollywood movies to Hollywood thrillers. Her favourite Nollywood Actress, Adesua Etomi while the male, Yul Edochie. We laughed at the funny scenes from a movie we both watched. I was thrilled by the way she explains movies and roles, how she mimicked the roles. She showed me some movie she was yet to watch on her phone. I was amazed by the number of movies in her device.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
"Wow, you got a lot of movies," I exclaimed.

"Yes of course, when I'm bored or not doing anything I simply watch movies on my phone if there's no light". She said.
"Do you stay alone?" I asked, changing the topic.

"No. I stay with my uncle. But he's always not around. He goes to Eket for offshore and onshore business."
"You stay with his family at home, right?"

"Nope, He's not married. But he has a fiancé, soon enough the wedding church bells will be heard" she said with a smile. Her smile was heavenly. I smiled too.

"Yeah. And I would love to come around, hope you'll invite me?".

"Sure. You will be invited."

"Can I ask you for a unique favour please". I said.

"Yes. Go on"

"Don't be angry please," I said.

She laughed and said "I won't be angry suppose the favour is not a stupid thing".

"Never mind. It's a stupid thing" I said.

"Really?"

"Not really." The confused look on her beautiful face sent me laughing. I just couldn't hide it.

"You're playing me, right?".

"No. Not like that" I said amidst my laughter. The further look on her face made me laugh more.

"Okay, that's it. I'm going". She said.

"I'm sorry. I won't laugh again, I promise. Please don't go" I pleaded.

"So, what's the favour?".

"Can I have your contact please?"

"Is that the favour?"

"Yes."

She scoffed. "Really?".

"I told you it was going to be a stupid thing".

She gave me her number and said. "I don't accept calls from 10pm upward".

"Why?"

"Because I will be busy watching a movie or already sleeping".

I chuckled. "It's alright. What if I call by 9:59pm?".

She laughed and said "Then we'll talk for a minute".

"What if the call is not a one-minute thing?" I stressed further.

"Just don't call me then" she said bluntly.

"Alright Madam if you say so,''

I inquired if the number was on WhatsApp, she said Yes. We talked for a few more minutes before strolling out of the class. Her friends were nowhere to be found.

"Your friends left you," I said.

"My course mates, not really my friends. Your friends too left you".

"You mean Tomi and Daniel?"

"Yes".

"You saw them?".

"I'm not blind. I even saw the thumbs up they gave you."

"Ahhh. There was a catch,” I said, chuckling. "No more class, today right?"

"Yes. No more class"

We strolled together and continued with our conversation. Sandra was a chatty person. She brought up topics and asked questions for a conversation to flow. I saw Tomi and Daniel at the convo park talking to some Political science boys. I asked Sandra if she was going home straight, she said to her friend's place. I bid her goodbye and promised to call her. I went over to where Tomi and Daniel were and we walked our way out from the school gate. They did not ask me if I got Sandra's number or how the conversation was. That night I asked Tomi on WhatsApp why they didn't. He said.

"You guys had a conversation for over 20 minutes on the first day and you want me to ask you how it was. Plus, the fact that you two walked hand in hand from ECN block to convo park. Bro leave it. You have won her heart"

I laughed at the last statement. I asked about his girlfriend and he said she was okay. Daniel dropped a message for me and I clicked on it.
"Ikpa, when are we coming for the wedding?".

"Which wedding?"

"Your wedding with Sandra, of course".

I sent a laughing emoji first, before I replied "She's not yet my girlfriend but here you're talking about wedding".

"Lies! Tomi and I were still there when you made her laugh so beautifully. Also, you guys were looking like married couples at convo park. I will be the best man; I’ve applied for it first.” He sent.

Oh boy, see whining” I sent.

We deliberated on it more before he came to terms with that, I was yet to ask her out. And that she may have someone elsewhere. He told me to go on quick to ask her out and that even if she had a boyfriend, he would send his ‘boys’ for him. I wondered who the boys were, Daniel that had no liver.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2020
At exactly 8:34pm I pulled a call across on Sandra, she didn’t pick up at first. I called again for two more times, still no answer. I had to message her on WhatsApp, waited for 10 minutes for a reply, still no reply. I left my phone in my room and went to the parlour, I sat down on the sofa and was watching a program when Nne came in. She was on her nightie.
“How was school today?” She asked me.

“It was fine, Ma. How was the day’s sale?”

“Today was great. We thank God. It’s been ages one has set eyes on you in the shop,” she said. I hardly went to her shop. I would when I want to ask her for a favour or when she invites me over for something or when I have an errand to run there.

Ahh, Nne, one of these days I will come but I'll be going home with that turtle neck I told you about,” I said

“I thought you took it the last time you came.”

“No ma, I didn't.”

“Okay.”

Just then I heard my phone rang, I had to excuse Nne and left for my room. I picked up and was disappointed when I saw the caller wasn’t who I expected.

Ishiaki, i na kpo kwa di mmadu?" My elder sister asked why I hardly call. I never knew why except the call was an emergency.

“Nne, Kedu?” I asked about her wellbeing.

“I’m fine and great. How about you and Nne and Papa?”

“I'm good. They are well okay and kicking. I was conversing with mom in the parlour when you called.” We talked for some minutes, she had this habit of bringing unnecessary topics and ideas when talking to me.

“How many girls are pregnant for you?” Amaka asked laughing over the phone.

I chuckled and said “Why should I impregnate any girl?"

“I was just asking o”. She said. I inquired about her service, Abuja and when she would be returning home.

“Service is fun and stressful as we are rounding up. Abuja is a great place but you wouldn't love to come even if I offer you a free fare. I will be coming home the second week of February.” She answered.

I bid her good night and hung up. I laid on my bed and was about to sleep off when my phone beeped. I picked it up and saw a WhatsApp message, I opened it and was full of smiles when I saw the message was from the person I had been expecting.

“And I forgot to tell you this, I don't pick up calls from people I give out my number to that day. Neither do I text them like I’ve just done. Count yourself lucky, dear King. Don't bother replying to this message because I won’t even read it neither will I text back. Good night”

I read the message with all smiles. I read it all over again untempt time, she was still online and I decided to text her back. I deleted the message I intend to send. I scrolled to the status area and saw latest her status; she had saved my number already. I read it.

‘Don’t mess with me or you will find yourself wanting’

I smiled again and decided to mess with her. I replied to her status with.

“Alright Ma. I agree with all of your terms and conditions. I will not mess with you as long as your heart is mine”

In less than a minute, the text got two blue lines, she replied with a sticker that said,

“I get coconut head, I no de hear word,”

I laughed so hard and replied with a laughing sticker, then with a goodnight text. She didn’t read them but I slept happily knowing Sandra was going to be mine.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2020
Happy weekend people grin
Hope you all enjoy this episode. More to come next week grin
Re: Black Orchid by enirock(m): 1:55am On Sep 26, 2020
Me I go love o. Oga syluck, you seem to have a Phd in the "toasting" language This Sandra of a lady get many conditions ooo. Thanks for the updates.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by enirock(m): 2:21am On Sep 26, 2020
syluck:

grin
syluck:

Re: Black Orchid by Kaycee9242(m): 3:32am On Sep 26, 2020
Nice one syluck, Sandra should stop giving my guy conditions abeg
Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 7:30am On Sep 26, 2020
enirock:
Me I go love o. Oga syluck, you seem to have a Phd in the "toasting" language This Sandra of a lady get many conditions ooo. Thanks for the updates.
Lol, no PhD o. The thought just came through my head.
grin
Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 7:31am On Sep 26, 2020
Kaycee9242:
Nice one syluck, Sandra should stop giving my guy conditions abeg
You should know girls with their shakara sad
Re: Black Orchid by Ann2012(f): 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
What an interesting story, keep the updates coming OP

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by enirock(m): 11:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
syluck:
Lol, no PhD o. The thought just came through my head. grin
And the thoughts came with sleek lines Thats a gift on its own.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by Khriztarl(f): 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
I love this story. Ride on syluck.
sandra you get coconut head abi? Lol.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 9:54am On Sep 29, 2020
CHAPTER 6

It's been two weeks already. A lot had happened. Papa was handed a new brand 2015 model Toyota Camry from the state governor. He also was recognized with an honorary award by University of Texas for his academic resilience and impactful knowledge. He came back from the States and organised a celebration. Nne would always be supportive to Papa as Papa would. Her business was booming everyday as usual. She won a contract to design clothes for a cultural display. She also went alone to visit my little sister during the visiting day, she came back complaining about how slim Amanda was getting, and suggested getting her out from the boarding life. Papa was against the idea.

Ugo’m, as long as she’s not sick in anywhere and being provided with three meals per day coupled with her provisions, I don't think there is anything wrong with her. She has one more year please.”

Oyo’m, you won't be saying this had it been you saw her. Her bones were showing, no more flesh,” Nne said. I laughed.

“Nne, Amanda already isn’t a fat or chubby type. You are just worrying too much, besides with the amount of provision you gave her, she will just be okay” I said.

“Listen to your son, bikonu,” Papa pleaded. But Nne won’t have it. She said we were ganging up against her to save her daughter from malnourishment. She had to call the school later to inquire why Amanda was getting slim even when she knows Amanda hardly eats. She even threatened them of withdrawing Amanda if they don't do anything about her state of health. My parents were one of the top contributors in the school’s finance. Amaka would be passing out from her service in two days. Though I called her like twice in two weeks, she called more than twice. She showed me a picture of her new boyfriend and I was like,

Chai! Ami, you never told me you’re dating a footballer.” Her boyfriend looked exactly like Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford but a fully bearded one. The height, face, skin colour was exactly the same. She would tease me and say she can’t wait to see how beautiful and curvy my ‘babe’
looked like. She told them they had been together for like a month. Amaka would tell me things out of context and sometimes in context just like Papa. It was through her that I knew what menstruation meant.

“It’s a flow of bad blood from a girl’s private part. It usually happens monthly, and runs for like a week for some girls. It’s painful and the hurt differs in
each girl it's happening to. Whenever a girl doesn’t see her period which is menstruation, she is likely to be pregnant” She explained. It was also through her that I knew the function of sanitary pads. This happened about 8 years ago.

Ebuka and I were always on social media. We hardly called each other or rather he hardly called me or even home. I called him twice in two weeks but he never did. Nne, once called him and complained about him not calling home. He said,

“Nne, I have been asking about you all through Ebere on WhatsApp and sometimes chat Papa up,” Nne, though on WhatsApp wasn’t really a frequent user. One will get to see her reply to a message in a year.

Ebuka, one day messaged me about his encounter with Adaeze, a girl he said that was in the department of Chemistry.

“Bro, that girl fine die” He texted me.

“Hmmmm, you like am?

“Yes, I do.”

You don collect?

Yes na. She bin open for me.”

“Sharp guy. Now you have left the virginity world” I texted.

He replied with a laughing emoji “Yes o. The ting over sweet”

“Buka take it easy, I hope you used rubber?” I laughed.

“Sure. I did.”

“So, is she your girlfriend?"

“Not really. It was one night she came visiting, we were talking and discussing before she started pulling my clothes. She even brought the rubber.

“She brought it?”

“Yes.”

“Hmmm. Ebuka, be careful” I said.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 10:02am On Sep 29, 2020
School had been hectic as usual. Assignments, presentations, seminars, tests, lectures had been stressing the life of most students including me, plus, the hot sun that could melt the brain’s capabilities off.

The school’s matriculation was just like a week ago. It was a thrilling moment for the freshers. Sandra invited me for her matriculation which I gladly
honoured. Tomi and I came in my father’s Hilux. Papa asked me who I was trying to impress in school with the car and my look, I laughed and told him no one. He didn't believe me and said I shouldn’t be carried away by any girl and end up denting his car. The matriculation was on Saturday, a day before Papa flew out of the country. Tomi and I had to pick Ezinne, who never wanted him to go the Matriculation alone. We arrived at the school compound and parked the car at the parking lot. I dialed Sandra’s line, she picked up at my second calling. She told us to come to CBN hall, we went there and I was astounded at what I saw. She was a different person entirely. Her makeup was heavy but still matched with her skin colour. She wore a shining black topless gown that revealed her cleavage and stopped at her knee. She was super-hot and beautiful. Her high heels made her look like a professional model. Her hairstyle was the final straw that made me marvel at how wonderful God created her. Sandra looked so much like the Nigerian Artist, Tiwa Savage.

Omo igbo, your girlfriend don kill person” Tomi whispered to my ear.

“Are you seeing a ghost right now?” She asked me.

“I’ve never seen such an angelic being standing before me all my life. You are exceptionally beautiful.” I said.

In all 4 girlfriends I had so far, there was none compared to Sandra’s beauty. My first ever girlfriend, Oluchi. Though we started as best friends in our JSS3, we made it intimate from our SS2. We separated after our SS3 as she travelled to Lagos with her aunty. Blessing came when I was still a student of Frifri Computer Institute, we lost contact after she gained admission. My third was Unwana while Itoro came last. All my life I had never cheated on a girl or broken their heart, but Unwana and Itoro did me dirty. They played with my conscience.

“If you keep on staring at me that way, you will make me trip and fall,” She said, shyly.

I quickly rushed to her and gave her a peck on her cheek before hugging her.

“I love you baby” I whispered to her. “I love you too,” She replied.

Sandra lived in Calabar with her mom. Her mom came for the matriculation, her uncle couldn't because of his job. After much persuasion, she agreed to follow us to De choice mall for refreshment. We were just ten people that made it to the mall, which included, Tomi, Daniel, Ezinne, Grace, Iniobong, Patrick, Jerome. The bill was on me. I spent a lot that day.

1 Like

Re: Black Orchid by Khriztarl(f): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
No be your matric, you have already spent 'alot'. Bros, how market? What's the next agenda on your list?
Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 9:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
Khriztarl:
No be your matric, you have already spent 'alot'. Bros, how market? What's the next agenda on your list?

Lol I think he did that because of his friends. Like he wanted doing it grin
Re: Black Orchid by syluck(m): 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2020
Khriztarl:
I love this story. Ride on syluck.

sandra you get coconut head abi? Lol.
Thanks for always commenting wink
Re: Black Orchid by enirock(m): 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
So in a bid to impress, he couldn't tell the rest of his friends to foot their bills? This Sandra beauty don blind this 'Agbaya'. Thanks for the updates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Current Most Celebrated African Author / Nigerian Girl Living In The UK / Sins Of My Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.