Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

There's A Force Darker Than Satan? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There's A Force Darker Than Satan? (2671 Views)

God Is More Evil Than Satan.i Think Satan Is Innocent. / Evil Bigger Than Satan. / To The Fools Who Say The Bible God Kills More People Than Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by Acehart: 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

Please continue

Yesterday, we looked at the precious stones associated with the King of Tyre; all the stones found in him are also the precious stones found on the breastplate of an ephod. We looked at what an ephod is, with emphasis on the Urim; briefly, we looked at the function of the ephod as a means of inquiring from God, and how this could point to the privilege this king had. We also saw that this king was a man (v.2,9).

Before we continue, let us look at certain descriptions of this man, in the verses that preceded the verses where you concluded that this individual is Lucifer, the fallen angel. (I’d like you to note that Lucifer is not a proper name. It is a title meaning “lighter bearer or bringer“. It is title given to one who bore the Urim (pronounced O-rim) divination Stone). The King of Tyre was described as:

1. One made like other men - from the earth (v.1).
2. One wise, wiser than Daniel (v.2, 12)
3. One who lived among men (not angels) (v.7)
4. Mortal (v.1,8,9)
5. One of Hebrew origin (v.10)
6. One who had the ‘seal of perfection’ and ‘perfect in beauty’(v.12).

I’d like to speak a bit on the last description, and speak of the other descriptions if necessary. Why did the Lord say, “You had the seal of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty”? Who is this guy?

The Lord said to Moses: “And you, bring near to you your brother Aaron and his sons with him from among the Israelites, so that they may minister as my priests– Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's sons. You must make holy garments for your brother Aaron, for glory and for beauty. You are to speak to all who are specially skilled, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, so that they may make Aaron's garments to set him apart to minister as my priest. (Exodus 28:1-3 NET)

Exodus 28 solves this riddle of Ezekiel 28 for us: The second divination stone, the Thummim, means “perfection” in Hebrew and Greek translations. This stone was to be placed in the breastplate ‘sealed’ (attached) to the garment of extreme beauty, the ephod (Exod. 28:30). The garment was to bring praise to God and admiration from all that gaze upon it. The King, who had the Thummim (perfection) ‘in’ the ephod (beauty), was judged because he had exalted himself to the height of God, becoming proud, and craving for the admiration of men. The description, ‘perfect in beauty’, was an allegory for the effect (similar to that of the ephod) the King had on everyone around him.

It is worthy to note that the duty of the priest was not to be carried out by the King, and vice versa. God’s judgment always befell the king that performed the duties of the priest. This King of Tyre perhaps was a priest turned king, and in performing the duties of the King, possessed the oracles of God and perverted them. The passage in Exodus 28:1-3, corroborates point five that this king had Hebrew roots.

It is also worthy to note that splendor of great cities was described as “perfect in beauty” (Lam. 2:15, Ezek.27:3)

To be continued...

2 Likes

Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by sonmvayina(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2020
delkuf:
So because the Lord says he created evil that means the Bible and quran are the same. like I said your opinion but I will never agree that the Bible and the quran are the same

I am not Muslim.. Both quoran and Bible have some truth... It is left for us to know which is and which is bull shit.....

But my point is it is God who created both light and darkness, he is lord of both.. There is no separate God for light and darkness..
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by delkuf(m): 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
sonmvayina:

I am not Muslim.. Both quoran and Bible have some truth... It is left for us to know which is and which is bull shit.....

But my point is it is God who created both light and darkness, he is lord of both.. There is no separate God for light and darkness..
Again your opinion. I am telling you I can never agree that the Bible and quran are the same
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by sonmvayina(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
delkuf:
Again your opinion. I am telling you I can never agree that the Bible and quran are the same

I agree with you.. They contain some truth.. Do you know tbst a jew can pray in a mosque but not in a church...
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by delkuf(m): 1:12am On Aug 19, 2020
sonmvayina:

I agree with you.. They contain some truth.. Do you know tbst a jew can pray in a mosque but not in a church...

What ever. Am now a Jew. I cannot pray in mosque and the Bible and quran are not the same
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by sonmvayina(m): 7:45am On Aug 19, 2020
delkuf:
What ever. Am now a Jew. I cannot pray in mosque and the Bible and quran are not the same

LOL, nobody is saying they are... But they both contain some truth...
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by Acehart: 2:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

Please continue

This would be my penultimate response to your query. I hope you have studied the points I have raised and checked them against the scriptures. If you haven’t up till now, please do; don’t be like your friends.

Let’s continue from where we left off. Revelation 21.19-25 is my reference text - the fitting response to your misunderstanding of Ezekiel 28:15.

The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass. I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it. In the daytime (for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed;

Earlier on, we saw that the scriptures hinted us that Adam and the King of Tyre (through the riddle of Ezekiel 28:12) were primarily priests unto God. We also saw that the understanding of the meaning of the ephod, and the urim and the Thummim, was essential to understanding the verses that spoke of the precious stones, the wisdom of this king, and his beauty.

If we would understand the allegory of Ezekiel, we would have to delve into more meanings and perhaps some functions of these divination stones as oracles used during trial ordeals - difficult trials of persons.

First, the Urim:

The urim is said to be derived from the Hebrew word for ‘light’ or ‘to give light’. It was the white stone placed in the breastplate of judgment. Do you remember when Jesus said: “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone“? This white stone was used to to bring to light the guilt of an accused person e.g. when it was used to locate Achan and try him after the defeat at Ai: The narrative from the Book of Joshua shows that: For Achan’s personal sin all the children of Israel suffered defeat in battle before Achan was found.

Please observe this verse:

Therefore Saul said, ‘O Lord God of Israel, why have you not answered your servant this day? If this guilt is in me or in Jonathan my son, O Lord, God of Israel, give Urim. But if this guilt is in your people Israel, give Thummim.’ Then Jonathan and Saul were taken by lot; and the people escaped. (1 Samuel 14:41).

It was also used to give authority to eleven tribes of Israel to proceed in annihilating the tribe of Benjamin. The white stone signified that a proposed action was satisfactory to God. This stone signified understanding, truth/yes and doctrine.

In the reference text above, we see this concerning the New Jerusalem: In the daytime for there will be no night there) its gates will never be closed

The Thummim is the black stone. In contrast to the urim which stands for ‘light’ or ‘illumination’ the Thummim is associated with darkness or negativity. In the text used in my introduction, we see the twelve precious stones associated with the ephod being used as the foundation of the New Jerusalem. We also see that the profoundness of this city was its ‘illumination’. Just like the merchants of the world were attracted to Tyre, the Kings of the world were attracted to the brilliance( Light) of this city, Jerusalem, for God was the source of its ‘illumination’.

Significantly, we see the absence of two things associated with the priests; and kings who bore the ephod (note that the Kings of the earth bore their glory (akin to the Lucifers - Urim bearers - Shining ones); signifying that in the end, everyone will be a priest unto God through Christ): the absence of a temple and the absence of the Thummim; only the Urim (light) remained. The city had no night (Thummim) because all the inhabitants of the city were guiltless.

Going back to Moses’ era, we see that the in the making of all the things the priests used in the worship of Jehovah, only one was not given design specifications and therefore wasn’t made ‘with hands’ - the ephod and its elements. This suggests that this garment pre-dated Moses. (I had suggested earlier that Joseph’s garment of many colors was an ephod).

The ‘priestly‘ kings, Joseph and the King of Tyre, were blessed with tremendous prosperity that their estate was referred to as ‘The Garden of Eden’. In the foremost Garden of Eden, the ‘Tree of life’ was associated with light; while the ‘Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil’ (Muttleylaff calls it TKGE) was associated with darkness. In the concluding parts of the scriptures, the latter tree was absent (Rev.22:2) and the former remained. Light (Urim) remained; and darkness dissolved (Thummim).

In the apocalypse of John, the new city, Jerusalem was described in terms of the Garden of Eden...

To be continued...
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by K254725: 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
Never thought of it but ... shocked shocked

There has to be more where That came from shocked
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by addictiv(m): 2:10am On Aug 25, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

Any reference to these? cheesy

Read the book of Enoch. You can download the app from your app store

1 Like

Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by WoundedLamb: 2:36am On Aug 25, 2020
Playthepianos:
Op, the truth of it is this:

Satan was not just an angel, he was a Cherubim. The highest class directly below God.

Also, there were some angels far more stronger and wicked than Lucifer. I mean, exceedingly far.

Do you know that God gave Lucifer freedom when he cast Him down, but he had to chain these angels immediately they rebelled till the judgement day?

If he didn't chain them immediately, just imagine how the world would be. So Lucifer still dey learn for their side. Lucifer ain't actually the most sinful or wicked, he just received a little bit of Mercy from God.

So why didn't he chain satan nah?? undecided

NB: The correct word in this context is "a cherub". "Cherubim" is the plural form.

1 Like

Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 30, 2020
qwertyboss:

Satan wasn't an angel but from amongst the angels.
He was a jinn who attained a higher position amongst the angels.
Angels have no power to commit sins, they only act according to the command of God.
But the jinn and humans have conscience...
Satan was jealous of Adam because he thought he was greater that Adam due to the status he attained and when God commanded all the angels to postrate to Adam, he Satan Did not postrate.
When God asked Satan "why didn't you postrate " he said " because I am better than him (arrogance)...
I was created from fire while he was created from mud "

Please book did you read this from?
And do tell me the verse and chapter too.

1 Like

Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by ThreeEyedRaven: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
StacyO:

Please book did you read this from?
And do tell me the verse and chapter too.
I think that's an Islamic approach
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by NairalandSARS: 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:
Hello everyone.

I had a WhatsApp group call with three of my friends. James, Wale and Goke (In case any of you is reading this, hi guys, you guys are smart I enjoyed the conversation wink) where we discussed the origin of sin.

My position was that there's a greater or darker power that corrupted Lucifer. I mean looking at a logical analysis of Ezekiel 28:15
which I'll quote "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee."

It is important to put in mind that angels were created before the earth and man subsequently. They were perfect beings created to serve God.

About Lucifer. He was one of the most admirable angels in heaven.

My questions were/still are:
Where was sin before it was found in Lucifer ?
Lucifer was created perfect meaning imperfections came to him due to an interaction with an/some external factor(s)

Also, God created the angels perfect but however didn't confine them to worshipping him like some robots but rather gave them choices to worship him out of their freewill. Now it's important to establish that God is a God of righteousness of which while creating the angels he did that by installing all the righteous features in them by default meaning sin was an external and uninvited guests to the party. So doesn't these all mean that there's always been another end to the righteousness spectrum before Lucifer got tempted and defected to the other side?

They weren't able to convince me maybe you can

Maybe God's alter ego corrupted him.
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by ThreeEyedRaven: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
NairalandSARS:

Maybe God's alter ego corrupted him.
What do you mean by God's alter ego?

But then... this your name sha grin
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by Acehart: 7:02am On Jan 27, 2021
ThreeEyedRaven:

Waiting...

I have waited for months and I didn't get a response
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by ThreeEyedRaven: 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
Acehart:

I have waited for months and I didn't get a response

I was the one waiting for you
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by Acehart: 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2021
ThreeEyedRaven:

I was the one waiting for you

I’m through; the ball is in your court.
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by ThreeEyedRaven: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2021
Acehart:

I’m through; the ball is in your court.
Oh..ok lemme see
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by ThreeEyedRaven: 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2021
Acehart:

Please, permit me to continue speaking on The Ephod and its breastplate; it should be the key to answering your query. I hope I wasn’t ambiguous in my first response?

Two divination stones, Urim and Thummim, were placed in the breastplate (Leviticus 8:8 ). The Hebrew word for “Urim” is “light”. In his final days, Moses charged Israel that the ‘Urim bearer‘ or ‘light bearer‘ should be a godly man (Deut. 33:8 ). In addition to carrying the Urim and Thummim, the ephod served as the lining garment for the Breastplate of Righteousness, or the Breastplate of Judgement worn by that godly man.

Before I proceed any further, the name ‘Lucifer’ (not a proper name) means “light bringer or bearer” or “shining one”. He who bore the Urim was given the same title. Joseph, who bore the coat of many colours, a garment in the likeness of the ephod, was the shining one among his brothers. He could be called a ‘Lucifer’.

The ephod was worn when its bearer sought to communicate with God. I had highlighted earlier than the individual spoken of in Ezekiel 28 had the precious stones in him; this is in contrast with others who wore the stones, as it were, on themselves. This individual had the privilege to speak with God without wearing a special apparel, divining, withdrawing to a high place or temple, muttering audible sounds - the privilege the saints have today through Christ Jesus.

In the next verse, the Lord said: "You were the anointed cherub who covers, And I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked in the midst of the stones of fire.”

Yet, this individual who is a man (v.2,9), is referred to as “The Anointed Cherub”. The definite article “the” shows that of all Cherubs, one specific Cherub (who covers) was chosen. (From the narratives of Joseph and his eleven brothers, Aaron and the Levites, Joshua and the Spies, David and his brothers, the ‘light bearer’ was distinguished because had the ‘righteous’ heart).

To buttress the fact that indeed these verses was referring to a man, here is the blessing Moses pronounces on Joseph (akin to the blessings Ezekiel reveals to us that the King of Tyre enjoyed):Of Joseph he said, "...With the choice things of heaven, with the dew, And from the deep lying beneath, And with the choice yield of the sun, And with the choice produce of the months. And with the best things of the ancient mountains, And with the choice things of the everlasting hills, And with the choice things of the earth and its fullness, And the favor of Him who dwelt in the bush. Let it come to the head of Joseph, And to the crown of the head of the one distinguished among his brothers. As the firstborn of his ox, majesty is his, And his horns are the horns of the wild ox; With them he will push the peoples, All at once, to the ends of the earth."

To be continued...
Continue
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 27, 2021
Re: There's A Force Darker Than Satan? by Acehart: 12:37am On Jan 28, 2021
ThreeEyedRaven:

Continue

Done. Go to the last page.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is The Doctrine Of Trinity Biblical? The Johannine Comma / Can Heaven Satisfy All? / Is Giving To Ur Parents "Sowing To The Flesh?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.