Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die (36979 Views)

MC Oluomo's Son To Those Calling His Father A Tout: 'Get A Father Like Mine' / Hope Uzodinma: Those Calling Me ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Are Ignorant / Insecurity: Danjuma, Lekwot, Others Take Nigeria’s Case To UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by nairalandankrah: 1:33am On Aug 17, 2020
General Zamani Lekwot rtd, has said that those calling for his execution and others in connection with the 1992 Zangon Kataf crisis should not die again.

He explained that those that called for his execution are playing a script from the White Paper committee recently set up by the Kaduna State government to review the 1992 Zangon Kataf crisis.

Speaking in an interview with journalists at the 3rd prayer session organized by the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Kaduna state chapter on Sunday in Kaduna, Lekwot said, “Everyone would die. Nobody will live forever. Those who said what they said, will they not die? No one knows how they will die.

General Lekwot added, “You see, what they said is a replay of a smokescreen, to hide the truth and divert attention. What is the relationship between what happened in Zangon Kataf 28 years ago and the massive Killings going on in Southern Kaduna and the country.”

General Lekwot, who was also the former military Governor of Rivers State, noted that all religious leaders are expected to preach peace, and wondered why some people are preaching hate and religious violence.

He explained, “28 years ago the killings in Zangon Kataf was unfortunate, but the genesis was a dispute of relocation of a market, at the end of the day a commission of inquiry was set up, and recommendations were made. All of them have been implemented. So, those referring to it have been clever by half. What we need in the country is genuine tolerance.”

General Lekwot further explained, “Now by saying what they said, they have just confirmed why armed foreign bandits have been imported into our country to destroy our country. How does what they said address the issues at hand? What is happening in Southern Kaduna and other parts of the country is a bad omen for our unity and stability.”

He spoke against the comments of the Operation Safe Haven Commander who said that criminal elements on both sides are responsible for the crisis in Southern Kaduna, stressing that his statement was a very unfortunate one coming from a military commander.

As a professional, he added, security people are supposed to be neutral in everything, to inculcate confidence in the people.

He called on Christians all over the country to pray for the peace of Southern Kaduna and other parts of the country, stressing that, “Nigerians should continue to pray so that not only Southern Kaduna but other parts of the country will have peace, at the end of the day, Nigeria deserves peace.

General Lekwot enjoined the people of Southern Kaduna not to attack anybody, adding, “lt is not in our character to attack people, we love peace. We should not allow anyone to attack us, we should protect ourselves but above all, our primary weapon is prayer.

“We should ensure internal vigilance so that anywhere you notice any suspicious movement, you please report to any nearby security post or traditional ruler so that immediate action can be taken before damage is done.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/16/southern-kaduna-crisis-those-calling-for-my-execution-will-still-die-general-lekwot/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by orisa37: 2:30am On Aug 17, 2020
Good luck and long life. General.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by edo3(m): 2:38am On Aug 17, 2020
Its ok,, off d mic..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Ibegtodiffer: 2:48am On Aug 17, 2020
... seems Lekwot is the next southern kaduna leader on target. May God deliver the people of southern kaduna.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Yankee101: 3:26am On Aug 17, 2020
The general that scared the hausa fulani shi*tless

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 17, 2020
"General Lekwot further explained, “Now by saying what they said, they have just confirmed why armed foreign bandits have been imported into our country to destroy our country..."

Did you read that part? Who imported armed bandit? For retired general to say this shows there is serious problem. Will Zombies still agree?

176 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by slivertongue: 6:39am On Aug 17, 2020
“Nigerians should continue to pray so that not only Southern Kaduna but other parts of the country will have peace, at the end of the day, Nigeria deserves peace.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by RichBoy247: 6:51am On Aug 17, 2020
For those of you that were not born during the Zangon Kataf crises, go and read about it before spewing your usual nonsensical gibberish here

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by RichBoy247: 6:54am On Aug 17, 2020
Mmuoojukwu:
"General Lekwot further explained, “Now by saying what they said, they have just confirmed why armed foreign bandits have been imported into our country to destroy our country..."

Did you read that part? Who imported armed bandit? For retired general to say this shows there is serious problem. Will Zombies still agree?

Idiots will never be sensible. General Lekwot has a history of violence and arms running. He was sentenced to death for his last escapes but, God just gave him another chance. Unfortunately, it seems he is still unrepentant.

24 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by phch205: 6:58am On Aug 17, 2020
Blood sucking LIAR who wants criminals from Southern Kaduna to be exonerated even though they're the provocative elements of the crisis

"He spoke against the comments of the Operation Safe Haven Commander who said that criminal elements on both sides are responsible for the crisis in Southern Kaduna, stressing that his statement was a very unfortunate one coming from a military commander"

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by nku5: 7:04am On Aug 17, 2020
Zamani Lekwot defended his people against Fulani aggression and genocide against his people but they are still angry about it. Now that satanic midget El-Rufai is governor they think it's time to exact their revenge and reopen the matter and use it as an excuse to finish Lekwot because he is a hero of Zangon-Kataf people.

IBB did his best to settle the matter in 1992 and be fair to all sides. It's why Fulani hate him so much today. By the time Buhari and co finish with Nigeria people will stop cursing IBB and realise the things he did right.

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by nku5: 7:06am On Aug 17, 2020
Yankee101:
The general that scared the hausa fulani shi*tless

I dey tell you

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Lubumbashi: 7:19am On Aug 17, 2020
But Southern Kaduna is a Christian and Gbagyi dominated area. All the violence there is by certain strangers who want to change its religious and ethnic identity and that their evil governor is just watching the senseless killings like an interested party.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 17, 2020
Mr Sense2 @poorboy247. Who did El-rufai pay to stop killings. Has he told you the identities of those killers and you want the killings to stop? You need a brain check.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Elslim: 7:54am On Aug 17, 2020
Yepa
Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:55am On Aug 17, 2020
General Lekwot, who was also the former military Governor of Rivers State, noted that all religious leaders are expected to preach peace, and wondered why some people are preaching hate and religious violence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2020
It is well.
Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by FrankBass281(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2020
Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Perfecttouchade: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Prechgold1180(m): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2020
I 8. 2 know this. Man
Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by BlowYourMind: 7:57am On Aug 17, 2020
ok
Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by princeade86(m): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by CzarChris(m): 7:58am On Aug 17, 2020
It's like this Southern Kaduna issue keeps getting worst by the day. The bandits arm of Boko Haram is busy implementing ethnic cleansing in southern kaduna, and CAN is speaking English.

Please people defend yourselves.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Taiwojon(m): 7:58am On Aug 17, 2020
why should they die?

do good and have the praise of men and God
do evil and the sword shall never depart except thou repent

Jesus save
Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by Jakemedg(m): 7:59am On Aug 17, 2020
Ibegtodiffer:
... seems Lekwot is the next southern kaduna leader on target. May God deliver the people of southern kaduna.
Amen

3 Likes

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by fawaz22(m): 7:59am On Aug 17, 2020
first they demolished Nigeria embassy in ghana,now they are locking up Nigerians shops in Ghana..this rubbish will continue as long we continue to vote for people who doesn't know anything about government and cannot spell cow for their grandchildren.

6 Likes

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by OBUKSBAYELSA: 8:00am On Aug 17, 2020
Where is President Buhari?

1 Like

Re: Zamani Lekwot: Those Calling For My Execution Will Still Die by twilliamx(m): 8:01am On Aug 17, 2020
The truth about all this killing is that , while other tribes sleep and scatter there bodies in a nonchalant posture, the FULANI'S are following a script that have been handed down the generation which is forceful/violent land grabbing and occupation, all the people killed in places like benue and other regions are all being replaced by fulani occupants. All our jungles from North to south has been infiltrated by this elements.
The earlier we let go of our differences and unite to fight this monster, the better for us.

39 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shettima Leaves Polling Unit Over Absence Of INEC Materials / A Crew Member Of Channels TV Was Stabbed At The Disrupted APC Rally In Rivers / Dear PMB, Please Redeploy Mrs Kemi Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.