Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,162 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor (37266 Views)

Fabian Ndibuisi: IPOB Member Arrested In Lagos With Pistol, Bullets / Woman Narrates How Peter Obi Intervened When She Was About To Miss Her Flight / Obasanjo: How Rawlings Intervened When Abacha Wanted To Destroy My Organisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by Amudeneogu: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Dr. Ngige is a strong and intelligent man, i like is style even when e was the governor of Anambra state only that he joined the wrong party (APC)
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by Xmen149(m): 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
it kept on till night

Radio Nigeria did an emergency broadcast for him that night where he called in saying that someone snicked in the phone to him to make the call (in the toilet or so). i think the broadcast from radio Nigeria dropped the tension flat cos international bodies got involved quickly...what i cnt recall is if the call was a live section.

He was really lucky,.if those guys had access to both police and army for that job na gbege(which actually makes me think obj was not in the know of that activity,but i might be wrong).

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by kolade560: 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
joeprince23:
This man was really something else
Lalasticlala
The bad side of 'godfatherism'. Another godfather is on the prawl now in Edo State. Some years back, he praised one god-son and said the other one is a thief. Today, the same godfather is telling everybody that the godson he called a thief yesterday is now a saint, and the one he praised in the past is now a bad boy. All coming from the same mouth. Things like these can only happen in Nigeria.

And some miscreants are hailing him.
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by kolade560: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
Rhesusmonkey:
Short man Chris Uba trying to kidnap another short man Chris Ngige.
The Igwe Mbaukwu, my type of niggar, and a one time Julius Berger board member.
No wonder Ngige built the road from Awka through Mbaukwu.

Ngige not DAT short but has leg problem
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by Obynolee(f): 10:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
festacman:
Chris Nwabueze Ngige did three fundamental things for Anambra State:

- He liberated Anambra State from the heartless vultures led by Chris Ubah and supported by the same Obasanjo that is so sanctimonious now.

- He proved that governance is possible contrary to the long-peddled narratives that no money remains for development after payment of salaries.

- He laid foundation for the New Anambra State that we are enjoying today.

Chris Ngige is our hero forever.

You're very correct
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by nerorex01: 12:08am On Aug 18, 2020
Bro, I visited Mbaukwu for the first time in 2011 or 2012 for UNIZIK PUTME ... That road mehn is super solid than any I have seen since I was in Lagos state...

Ngige did so well but was short-lived by godfathers ...

Nigeria my country... A country where Oshiomhole lives ��

joeprince23:

No wonder he tarred that long Mbaukwu road from beginning to the end and the road is very solid even though it is not in the urban area
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by intruder15(m): 12:20am On Aug 18, 2020
zikter:
OBJ really committed despicable abominations during his tenure. Funny enough, he has the guts to be criticising others. No democratic president during this new dispensation is as half as dictatorial as OBJ. Is it randomly sacking Senate presidents or sending army to level innocent communities? The list is endless

The list is truly endless. It baffles me when he talks about good governance and democracy on TV.

Really appalling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by nkypat: 1:36am On Aug 18, 2020
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by emperor863(m): 4:55am On Aug 18, 2020
executive12:

That was because he ran under APC which is not the right party to be in in Anambra State.

Meaning he is not a popular politician. A popular politician will win elections irrespective of the political party that presents him/her. Example is Orji Uzor Kalu and Andy Uba.
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by juman(m): 5:44am On Aug 18, 2020
See illegality.
Obasanjo is a nuisance.
He ruined nigeria than anybody else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by Frankcallys(m): 7:15am On Aug 18, 2020
Yeah, I remember the Igwe of Mbaukwu Igwe Osita Anugwu. Back then you dare not come to Mbaukwu with police men to arrest anyone. Back then, I am the first person that come to Mbaukwu with 2 military jeeps and mopols to arrest a stupid guy that hit and injured me for driving by on their new yam festival celebration.

I went to the Igwe's (Obi) palace, rounded up his chiefs and asked for his presence. They called him and he pleaded with me to wait for him to come back the next day. But due to how the villagers supported my action, I picked up the stupid guy cos he was so troublesome to the villagers.

I dumped him at Mapol 29 Agu Awka until the Igwe arrived to make peace. That was my first encounter with him and I showed him respect as an elder and traditional ruler, then promised to release the stupid guy after 2 weeks, just to teach the troublemaker lesson in manners.

Igwe Anugwu is a cowboy kind and doesn't take nonsense from anybody though. He wouldn't have passed by without making his mark felt grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by godquality: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2020
Ah, what kinda story is this?

"That's how the story climaxed and begin climbing down"
So what happened next? Who were responsible for the act?
What was done to them?
All this half baked stories. Why tell one if you can't tell it properly?
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by Firespitter: 9:37am On Aug 18, 2020
BOFA2020:
Just imagine "kidnapped as a sitting Governor".

Chai this Buhari self en.....this country is so lawless under Buhari and APC.

Oh sorry...that happened under a PDP government.

A whole Governor kidnapped under Baba Iyabo's nose and he didn't know to call or write a letter to the UNU , USA, UK, WHO...chai .
The level of hypocrisy in Nigeria is simply astonishing.

It happened under your wicked yeroba president. And your wicked trbe is still clamouring for president after all these atrocities. God will punish you people.
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by coscj(m): 9:45am On Aug 18, 2020
I can attest to the fact that Mr Ngige cleared a terrible backlog of pension and gratuity. He is a pragmatic leader. Roads built during those times were personal supervised by him! I pray he gets a better position to change things in my sweet state.

1 Like

Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by owunabastard: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ngige is my best politician and a man I admire his courage
Re: Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor by ChiefSweetus: 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
slivertongue:

ngige hobnobbed with electoral bandits and nearly paid for it. that Igwe looked beyond party affiliations and helped him. today the state is better it
This is the comment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Attends Ground Breaking Ceremony Of New US Consulate In Lagos / Jonathan: We Know Something They Don't Know - Bashir Ahmad / Fulani Residents Reject Eviction From Bushes In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.