Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,473 members, 7,836,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (408797 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by babaeko1: 11:06am On Jun 17, 2011
Just asking, I have a plot of land in the lekki area and which is better buy block or mould yours, I am looking for a solution with lower costs and also the fastest in terms of turn around time, also for projects like this, do you guys buy water or go through some kind of quickly dug up well ?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:28am On Jun 17, 2011
ok.:

My brothers and sisters, wonderful job you are doing here. I have been following with great interest. Spyder880, looks as if I’ve found in you the person to carry my village project in the East (Anambra).
Before then, everybody please contribute, I recently bought the land below in the outskirts of Abuja. I have put down the dimension and what I’ve been given as the estimate to finish the walling. Please let me know what you think, ie how reasonable? Thank you very much.

They are two pieces of land, adjacent to each other, each measuring  1200sq meters . One of them  is fully walled without a gate, while  the second one is fully walled on one side, 3 blocks above DPC on two sides with only the front without wall.

Estimate given is as follows:
WORK INVOLVED
1. 2 IRON GATES, MOUNTING OF GATES WITH CONCRETE PILLARS, BLOCKWORK ONE OF THE FRONT WALLS.

1. 2 NOS. 4m wide sliding gate,  N96,000, 00 each,        192.000.00

2. Excavations/concrete blinding,        71,000.00
3. Block work,         168,000.00
4. 4nos  concrete collumns,        32,000.00
5.  Transport/sunderies,        15,000.00
6,  Water,      5,000.00

TOTAL=                            483,500.00

I was further told that  this estimate was done when a bag os cement was  N1,650.00 but it is now N2,000.00 and that the implication is that the estimate will be higher.
Also, that if I want to complete the perimetry wall, about N250,000.00 more will be needed. 

Thank you for the compliments, What is the size of the plots?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by yungharry1: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2011
@SPYDER PLS CAN U EMAIL ME UR HOUSE PLANS, EVERY PLS. yungharry1@yahoo.co.uk.and also i deal on cars and phone buss.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2011
yungharry1:

@SPYDER PLS CAN U EMAIL ME your HOUSE PLANS, EVERY PLS. yungharry1@yahoo.co.uk.and also i deal on cars and phone buss.

Okay, but it will be done later this evening, but if you need it sooner than that, detatch it from page 2 of this thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2011
Reporting to Knowledge searching for the day . . . . Good job people
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Aks(m): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2011
where art thou---- AM ALONE
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by maoyinlola: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2011
Thats true, where is Amalone?

As at 16 June, 2011, nairaland was the 9th out of 150 most visited by Nigerians,

16 June 2011

facebook.com

google.com

yahoo.com

google.com.ng

.com

youtube.com

twitter.com

wikipedia.org

nairaland.com

vanguardngr.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:56pm On Jun 18, 2011
Aks:

where art thou---- AM ALONE
AVAILABLE AND LIKE ALL THE TIME!!!!
maoyinlola:

Thats true, where is Amalone?

As The Name implies
Am Alone!!!!
I just choose to pipe low!!!

@ All Thanks very much for your contributions!!!

@ Spyder, chair how far na
You doing a great job around here!!! cool cool cool
But please can you upload some more pictures of your house?
please let us see the house in full!!!
The casting of the decking is very nice and looks very solid!!!
Please kind post the front view of your house, right, side and back
let us enjoy some good pictures na!!!!
Again, na which time them go begin set the up floor?
Peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omodapson(m): 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
I don dey wonder where Am Alone go. Thank goodness he has shown his face again. grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 4:57am On Jun 19, 2011
Am Alone:

AVAILABLE AND LIKE ALL THE TIME!!!!As The Name implies
Am Alone!!!!
I just choose to pipe low!!!

@ All Thanks very much for your contributions!!!

@ Spyder, chair how far na
You doing a great job around here!!! cool cool cool
But please can you upload some more pictures of your house?
please let us see the house in full!!!
The casting of the decking is very nice and looks very solid!!!
Please kind post the front view of your house, right, side and back
let us enjoy some good pictures na!!!!
Again, na which time them go begin set the up floor?
Peace!!!!

Welcome from your vacation, how things? grin
As at the time I went to the site, they have not removed all the wood. I will upload more pictures when they finish removing them. My upper floors will wait for a few weeks so I can get ready to face it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bukenken: 9:50am On Jun 19, 2011
@Am Alone,

I want to discuss with u pls can u mail me ur email address on bukenken@gmail.com. Urgent pls.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:01am On Jun 19, 2011
^^ Sorry if I sound blunt
But if you have anything you want to ask me
I suggest you ask it here!!!
I am very much not interested in doing private stuffs expecially from this thread!!!!!
If you want to build yourself something, contact brabus or spyder
I am not a builder, just building my own house!!!
Peace!!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by ok2(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2011
spyder880:

Thank you for the compliments, What is the size of the plots?

I thought the measurement of 1200sq meters (for each land) gives good idea of the size? I don't have other dimensions.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2011
ok.:

I thought the measurement of 1200sq meters (for each land) gives good idea of the size? I don't have other dimensions.

I dont think the quote is too high for that size of plot. The only area you should review is the price of cement. It is hanging around N1750 now.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:23pm On Jun 19, 2011
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2011
more sections of the house as the wood is being removed and sold. I told them to leave the wood in the two bedrooms so we can use them for lintels and pillars.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2011
Nice, thanks for the pix
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2011
My electrical panel will be fixed under these conduit pipes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Birch77: 8:05am On Jun 20, 2011
Please Nairalanders,

This is a quote I got for part building of the security post and Sockaway.

Are there reasonable or a rip-off. Please I need your candid opinion.

300 BLOCKS OF 6 inches block@ #150 each block

A trip of sharp sand(20 tons) cost #35,000

35 bags of cement for both building and plastering @ #2000 each bag.

20 pieces of ceiling board @850 each.

40 pieces of 2 by 2 wood for roofing n ceiling.@#250 each

12 pieces of 2 by 4 wood 2 #450 each

bathing for ceiling #2000

3 door frame@#1900

3 doors with keys @#7000 each

a trip of plaster sand #35,000

SOCK AWAY
Digging 2 pits @#20,000 each
320 blocks@150 each
a trip of gravel
70 blocks @150 for sork away chambers
labour for both the security house and sork away pit #200,000

SUMMARY.
SECURITY HOUSE #239,100
SOCK AWAY N CHAMBERS #118,500
LABOUR #200,000
GRAND TOTAL; #557,600.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Aks(m): 9:06am On Jun 20, 2011
Am Alone---- Fill us in about the progress of your house with pics if available
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2011
Bros Let me share with you a rough estimate of what it cost me to builld my Security house and soak-away pit

This is just an estimate as I did not build it alone.

First I have 3 sets of soak away in my compound

The main house soak-away pit is 10ft wide by 10ft wide by 10 deep. and its cousin grin 6ft by 6ft by 6ft.
I digged the two for 45k. Intitial we agreed on 35k including the packing of the sand. But we later discovered
the ground was too hard and as a result in requires more labour. That was when I paid an extra 10k. If not they
would have left the job unfinished.
Then 1 bricklayer used 3days to finish the two soakaway pit(the block work) = 12k(workmaship)
Then for the 10 by 10 septic tank around 189 blocks was used of 9" which cost around 135 then(lets say 27,000)
Then for the 6 by 6 by 6(soak away pit), around 80 blocks were used and each cost me like 125( 10,000)
Now my soak away has got 4 pillars(the 10 by 10 own). so around 12 lengths of iron of 12mm was used @ 1250(now 1380 sha but
because of the rain, the price will fall back) = (15,000 and transport 2k5 = 17k5)
Then the plastering of the septic tank took one day (estimate should be around 5 to 6k)
Reason: I gave them as a contract that was why they did it for one day. If I was to be paying them it would have cost me 2days which is 8k in lagos. 2k5 for bricklayer and 1k5 for labour.
Then the casting of the of the cover of the 2 soakaway and my pillars is a day job for 2ppl. around 4k(one bricklayer and one labour).
Again like around 10 to 12 bags of cement was used for that job. then I bought cement @ 1730. But let me calculate using the price of cement now which is 1850 transport will take like 50 naira or 30 naira per bag depending on distance or how best you can negotiate = 22800
Then the capenter work like 3k for the two job(though I paid more o)
then plank to guide the soakaway and carry the casting estimate = 8k5 for 10 piece of summy wood @ 850 per one. You can get it cheaper o! then bamboo to carry the casting =  like 8 piece @ 170 per one Lagos price = 1360 transport 2k5 or 2k or 3k Lagos price! Depending the distance.

So total for my soakaway pit alone = #151,160
NOTE: Lots of factors where involved in mine. The size of the soak-away pit for my house is much very big than required. and because I put pillars and cross beam to make it more stronger. And again I used 9" blocks for the septic thank which is more stronger and balance!!! And the people that digged the soak-away were also packing it to fill the foundation of my house. That was why the amount was so. If it was very much smaller, it would have cost me less.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 9:46am On Jun 20, 2011
@Birch77

Again hope you've seen my security house soak-away pit and the security house and its own toilet??
Now let me give you an estimate of that one as well.

The foundation of the security house and casting was done for 3k(though the side that link to the fence has already been dogged)
6" blocks was used for the security house all through and 9" blocks were used for its soakaway.
the 9" blocks 130 @ 140 was used and the 6" blocks over 300 @ 130 was used. = 57,200
The diggin of the security house soakaway cost me 7k excluding packing. And the size is 9ft long by 7ft wide by 7deep(though 3 feet of it was just 3 feet deep which was used for the main soak-away. The soakaway and septic tank were attached).
one bricklayer work 2days on the security house = 8k(bricklayer and labour)
Then came my new bricklayer. I paid him 5k for the casting and setting of all the blocks in the soakay(with labour)
then next day, he pastered the inside of the soakway and set more blocks on the security house(2k5 for him and 1k5 for labour)
Again I paid him 4k to take the security house to lintel level(please note that he was also working on the design of my fence which
took more time and stress. Then I paid him 10k to cast the soakway pit, the lintel of the security house(round the house) and the casting of the german floor of the security house and he still did some casting inside the house. Then lastly and extra 6k to finish the work. That is to take the security house to roofing level. Mine was 3coach after lintel and again out of that money, he completed the fence design.
an estimate of 15bags of cement was used. Again the carpenter that did the lintel around and the soakaway casting base collected 3k.

NET TOTAL: 131200
Like the other quote, i did not mention the amount of sand and gravel that was used because it is in small quantity.
Again because I've got woods @ hand no need to mention again.

This are my estimates. It may be less, and it may be more. I can't say much sha but it is suppose to relate i guess??
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by steo: 10:42am On Jun 20, 2011
Still loving and following this thread, keep up the good work guys!!

@Spyder your house is really coming out great.

I AM LOOKING FOR IRON SUPPLIER AROUND AJAH, PLEASE FORWARD ME ANY CONTACT YOU HAVE.

Thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 10:46am On Jun 20, 2011
Am Alone:

Bros Let me share with you a rough estimate of what it cost me to builld my Security house and soak-away pit

This is just an estimate as I did not build it alone.

First I have 3 sets of soak away in my compound

The main house soak-away pit is 10ft wide by 10ft wide by 10 deep. and its cousin grin 6ft by 6ft by 6ft.
I digged the two for 45k. Intitial we agreed on 35k including the packing of the sand. But we later discovered
the ground was too hard and as a result in requires more labour. That was when I paid an extra 10k. If not they
would have left the job unfinished.
Then 1 bricklayer used 3days to finish the two soakaway pit(the block work) = 12k(workmaship)
Then for the 10 by 10 septic tank around 189 blocks was used of 9" which cost around 135 then(lets say 27,000)
Then for the 6 by 6 by 6(soak away pit), around 80 blocks were used and each cost me like 125( 10,000)
Now my soak away has got 4 pillars(the 10 by 10 own). so around 12 lengths of iron of 12mm was used @ 1250(now 1380 sha but
because of the rain, the price will fall back) = (15,000 and transport 2k5 = 17k5)
Then the plastering of the septic tank took one day (estimate should be around 5 to 6k)
Reason: I gave them as a contract that was why they did it for one day. If I was to be paying them it would have cost me 2days which is 8k in lagos. 2k5 for bricklayer and 1k5 for labour.
Then the casting of the of the cover of the 2 soakaway and my pillars is a day job for 2ppl. around 4k(one bricklayer and one labour).
Again like around 10 to 12 bags of cement was used for that job. then I bought cement @ 1730. But let me calculate using the price of cement now which is 1850 transport will take like 50 naira or 30 naira per bag depending on distance or how best you can negotiate = 22800
Then the capenter work like 3k for the two job(though I paid more o)
then plank to guide the soakaway and carry the casting estimate = 8k5 for 10 piece of summy wood @ 850 per one. You can get it cheaper o! then bamboo to carry the casting =  like 8 piece @ 170 per one Lagos price = 1360 transport 2k5 or 2k or 3k Lagos price! Depending the distance.

So total for my soakaway pit alone = #151,160
NOTE: Lots of factors where involved in mine. The size of the soak-away pit for my house is much very big than required. and because I put pillars and cross beam to make it more stronger. And again I used 9" blocks for the septic thank which is more stronger and balance!!! And the people that digged the soak-away were also packing it to fill the foundation of my house. That was why the amount was so. If it was very much smaller, it would have cost me less.

Nice one am alone.By the way,what is the size of your security house?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hardbody: 11:05am On Jun 20, 2011
Hey guys,

I have a bit of an issue on the way forward on teh attached plans. the ground plan was already made and i brought in another architect who prepared this reworked plan. His argument is that the corridor through the middle porch is rather wide and he could take off some portion from the living room and come up with a visitors toilet. Secondly, he has tried severally to convince me that the toilet upstairs should align with the one he wants to create downstairs. my challenge is that the deck has already been concluded and buying into his argument will mean demolishing aspects of my structure and re-piping the electricals. However, i want the best for the house although i will very likely use it once in a year. can someone tell me whether the suggestions make sense or should i just stick to the original plan?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hardbody: 11:08am On Jun 20, 2011
THis represents the original ground floor and the draft first floor.

As mentioned earlier, the ground floor was decked a few weeks ago, but he thinks he might just effect changes. Note however that i am retaining a different supervisor for the work, so selfish interests may not play a role in his desires here

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hardbody: 11:11am On Jun 20, 2011
I expect some input on my enquiries and also a rough estimate in the cost of roofing as i intend to progress with the block works immediately i am satisfied with whether to amend the structure or not.

Dang, Unfortunately the other files refused to upload
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hardbody: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2011
While at it guys, could someone please give me a fair idea of the cost of constructing the window protectors and also the window fittings ( i could also work with any confirmed reference from you guys upon volunteering of his telephone number)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 11:45am On Jun 20, 2011
hardbody:

I expect some input on my enquiries and also a rough estimate in the cost of roofing as i intend to progress with the block works immediately i am satisfied with whether to amend the structure or not.

Dang, Unfortunately the other files refused to upload

try to reduce the size,there is a limitation to the size of file you can upload,if it's larger than 200KB,it won't upload,probably that's the problem.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2011
Where are the analyst?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2011
Davedavy:

Nice one am alone.By the way,what is the size of your security house?

Size of my security house is 10ft by 9 or so! and its toilet is 4ft by 5ft
Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.