Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? (455 Views)

Ten Things Every Nigerian Lady Must Avoid If You Want Him To Marry You This Year / Is This The Best Dressed Nigerian Musician? / opinion; Suppressed Expression Syndrome(S.E.S),The root cause of Suicide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by Leafflet: 7:52am On Aug 18, 2020
Following this twiceastall album that he just dropped, I’ve taken time to listen to the songs and see the growth in him, from like party, many people already knew he was “the one” the struggle then was if he was going to ever reach his potential , I remember few years ago when he sacked him mum as his manager and turned to drugs, we followed his progress,
Headies snub, perceived to be hard to work with, fall out with aristocrat and everything, he almost relocated to sa, we were still buying his music, streaming, going to see him perform... in South Africa burna is worshipped, this album is already on repeat on their airwaves.

the last few years has seen him transcend to a level that some of us might not really have expected which leads me to ask how the acts in the industry will come back??, . In his new song with stormzy, he started the second verse with “ I wonder which kind style them wan try now? Some wan wear shoes wey no size them?

wizkid to me is the only person with the right amount of exposure that might try with his album coming that’s if his pen game improves because he’s being slacking recently , I like how they are all pushing their dates back hopefully to add more quality because it will take a very long time for anyone to top what he’s doing now.. time will tell!
Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by kessling: 7:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Burna is my favourite artiste but wizkid is already greatness personified. Man has been dominant for 10 years and brought the search light on afropop

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by jaytii(f): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2020
Stop the hype. His Twice as Tall album is not as good as his last.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by Kingdemi212019: 8:04am On Aug 18, 2020
Twice as tall what? I wasted my data downloading the album, I only pick out wonderful out of the album

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by Leafflet: 8:10am On Aug 18, 2020
The problem with us Nigerians is that the people are not Conscious . That was the last line from falz’s last album. This album is no 1 in 23 countries, no one in France at the moment, this particular was made to transcend the continent so I can understand if most of us don’t rate it, he conquered Africa with African giant , But if you
Know music you’ll know this was a masterpiece!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by efosky1246(m): 8:13am On Aug 18, 2020
Kingdemi212019:
Twice as tall what? I wasted my data downloading the album, I only pick out wonderful out of the album

You no Sabi, listen to I no fit vex, comma, the one with stormy, onyeka, oluwa Burna, time flies.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by espn(m): 8:19am On Aug 18, 2020
jaytii:
Stop the hype.
His Twice as Tall album is not as good as his last.
God bless...I mean far from it...
Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by chinchonglee(m): 8:23am On Aug 18, 2020
Kingdemi212019:
Leave dem... Dey like overhyping everything.

Dats how i listened to "PAMI" and was disappointed

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by stanliwise(m): 8:24am On Aug 18, 2020
African giant was his masterpiece though. Even if Africa didn’t reward him enough for it. I haven’t really listened to this new one
Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by Leafflet: 8:29am On Aug 18, 2020
efosky1246:

You no Sabi, listen to I no fit vex, comma, the one with stormy, onyeka, oluwa Burna, time flies.

I don’t know it but your music choice is class. That I no fit vex for you, Leriq murder the production.
Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by efosky1246(m): 8:32am On Aug 18, 2020
Leafflet:

I don’t know it but your music choice is class. That I no fit vex for you, Leriq murder the production.

That one just dey burst my head since yesterday. My best from the album so far.

Burna is miles ahead abeg.
Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by Leafflet: 8:34am On Aug 18, 2020
The truth is that I understand people calling African giant a masterpiece, before this album dropped I use to ask myself how this guy will top this album, but after listening to twiceastall, I’ve realized that he’s even going for a bigger throne. World domination. To sell out shows in Ireland where everyone is singing along! Time will surely tell. His music might not be for all of us like his mom said: he makes music for the soul that’s tasty!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by Leafflet: 8:55am On Aug 18, 2020
chinchonglee:

Leave dem... Dey like overhyping everything.

Dats how i listened to "PAMI" and was disappointed

Baba listen with an open mind. No let hate blind you
Re: Opinion: Has Burna Suppressed Every Nigerian Musician? by chinchonglee(m): 9:22am On Aug 18, 2020
Leafflet:

Baba listen with an open mind. No let hate blind you
me!!
hate keh! bro i cant hate anybody i dnt see or know physically.
Y are u nigerian always attributing someone not liking something and voicing out his/her opinions abt it to hate? this is been shallow man!
u sing a good song, i appreciate. u sing nonsense, i condemn.

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Squad 2 Trailer HD (Starring Idris Elba, John Cena & More) (teaser)! / Need Male Friends In Ikorodu / How To Toast A Chick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.