Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. (102347 Views)

Man Pictured Near Edge Of Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls Before 350-foot Death Drop / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by marylandcakes: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/

The problem with most Nigerians is that they are greedy, they are never contented with what they have and they will stop at nothing to get it. Lying is embedded in their DNA. Also they don’t know how to follow rules and they are very arrogant and pretentious, always using religion to cover up. They lie for even the simplest thing like good morning. I have interacted with many other Africans and they are nothing like Nigerians. Anyone who is not contented with what they have will never be contented even if they own the world. These individuals then go on to be rulers and that’s why the country is in a big mess.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by bewla(m): 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

Even u your self have judge every one in Nigeria to be same when u only new your self

as for me I still remain my self my word is still don't lie and don't steal

am over 48 do u no the fun my children put on me just two days ago that am a client

Nigeria still have honest and good people that still go about hustle legitimately
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by MonTaNa92: 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
If all London citizens migrated to Nigeria, In no time, Nigeria will become London..
If all Nigeria citizens migrated to London then sooner dan later London will become Nigeria..
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Investnow2017: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
duro4chang:
If you are doing the right things because you are afraid of being punished then you are not disciplined at all. Where is your conscience? We are all so religiou, where is the effect of your religion? We need to reexamine our value system. If we continue like this, I am afraid we are going no where.
What you said is very very correct. If the motivation for doing what is right is fear of punishment, not much can be achieved.
But my dear, the stage Nigeria has gotten to right now is such that even the good ones want to see at least a quantum of justice done. Our kind of corruption is so brazen such that if it is said in saner climes it would be very difficult to believe. Because the syndrome has cut across all lines, syndicated kind of corruption has easily become the norm. It is as bad as that right now. Hence the institutions would need to be strenghtened to let people know that there are consequences for fraudulent acts.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by writeprof(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
Opexzy:
I have met honest people in Nigeria too, with even a more convincing test.

I was in computer village, ikeja Lagos state to fix my phone's screen that broke. It was on a Thursday and all shops were meant to be closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Just like you know, some of them will surely still be by the roadside to hustle for customers. I was there explaining to the technician that want to fix my phone, when a car pulled over and the driver stretched out his hand and handed over his phone, (an iPhone for that matter) to the same guy to help add screen protector and a silicone case.
He paid right there and told the guy he is in a hurry to pick up someone at the airport that he would collect it when he his returning. He dropped his contact card and didn't even bother to collect the guys contact before he drove off.

Everyone was surprised including the guy, because he has never met the man before and there was no traceable location because everywhere was locked.

I think it's better you thank your star that you met a good Zimbabwean.
Just like I use to pray to always encounter good Nigerians

Bad people are everywhere likewise good people.

MODIFIED:
To those asking me if the guy ever returned his phone.
When the guy was done, he called the man and he left us in his shop to wait for him by the road side.
I would not have narrated the story if I didn't know how it ended.

I am sure at one point in time we have all met at least one good and honest Nigerian.

Reading through people's comments and some of my mentions makes it look like I am the only Nigerian on this forum. Ask yourself what would you have done if you were the Zimbabwean, it is that simple. If you are not sure, then na your body the mess dey smell.

I can boldly say this, If I were the the Zimbabwean in the OP's story I would not have done it differently.

Thanks OP! I'm one of the good Nigerians and I have met many in and outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by colestephan86: 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

But of a truth, many other African citizens don't stress like Nigerians do, Nigerians are so worried , agitated, stressed and looses their composure cos of the need for money. I have met Namibians that are extremely happy with what they have.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by simplepee(f): 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
Opexzy:
I have met honest people in Nigeria too, with even a more convincing test.

I was in computer village, ikeja Lagos state to fix my phone's screen that broke. It was on a Thursday and all shops were meant to be closed due to lockdown restrictions.
Just like you know, some of them will surely still be by the roadside to hustle for customers. I was there explaining to the technician that want to fix my phone, when a car pulled over and the driver stretched out his hand and handed over his phone, (an iPhone for that matter) to the same guy to help add screen protector and a silicone case.
He paid right there and told the guy he is in a hurry to pick up someone at the airport that he would collect it when he his returning. He dropped his contact card and didn't even bother to collect the guys contact before he drove off.

Everyone was surprised including the guy, because he has never met the man before and there was no traceable location because everywhere was locked.

I think it's better you thank your star that you met a good Zimbabwean.
Just like I use to pray to always encounter good Nigerians

Bad people are everywhere likewise good people.

MODIFIED:
To those asking me if the guy ever returned his phone.
When the guy was done, he called the man and he left us in his shop to wait for him by the road side.
I would not have narrated the story if I didn't know how it ended.

I am sure at one point in time we have all met at least one good and honest Nigerian.

Reading through people's comments and some of my mentions makes it look like I am the only Nigerian on this forum. Ask yourself what would you have done if you were the Zimbabwean, it is that simple. If you are not sure, then na your body the mess dey smell.

I can boldly say this, If I were the the Zimbabwean in the OP's story I would not have done it differently.
God bless you sir. Majority of people pulling this country down are bad eggs themselves. I wouldn't do differently if I were the guy. There is peace in honesty and integrity.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by duro4chang(m): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
Investnow2017:

What you said is very very correct. If the motivation for doing what is right is fear of punishment, not much can be achieved.
But my dear, the stage Nigeria has gotten to right now is such that even the good ones want to see at least a quantum of justice done. Our kind of corruption is so brazen such that if it is said in saner climes it would be very difficult to believe. Because the syndrome has cut across all lines, syndicated kind of corruption has easily become the norm. It is as bad as that right now. Hence the institutions would need to be strenghtened to let people know that there are consequences for fraudulent acts.
I understand everything you said. But let us continue to do the right things. If you and I begin to do the right things I hope things will begin to change and if not it will be on record.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by comrChris(m): 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
Are we still aware that we have many foreigners on this forum?

The way we bring everything bad about us to the public is disturbing.

Nigeria maybe bad but there are still a handful of sincere Nigerians. Even in that your Zimbabwe, there are still some bad people among them.

Let's learn to keep certain things only for ourselves
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lekonso: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
It is the way they were brought up
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by AmuDimpka: 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

You can't try that in a place like Lagos where we have extortionist and touts waiting to devour you for even parking your car more than a .invite in airport
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by adolf444: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
Everyone in Naija belives in street smartness and which has been our greatest doom even in our choice of leaders. Some people on this platform will even consider the Zimb guy as not street smart. That is why the name Nigeria holds no integrity to some foreigners just because of the atrocities of a handful of people destroying our reputation.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Carter4luv(m): 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
Not becasue of the things going on in nigeria we still have good minds. Until u come across them u will not know they exist.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by EgunMogaji2: 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
When I tell them that Nigerian citizens are the problem, unwashed heathens comes out to abuse their father.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by goshen26: 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
Yobabad:
Pls don't try that here especially with the skull miners

This will happen when a certain tribe is separated from others in Nigeria, because they taught others mind to commit heinous crime
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by ghettochild(m): 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2020
Same Zimbabweans that perpetrates crime in South Africa..
Olorun MA ku Ise ooo

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by victorazyvictor(m): 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by jcross19: 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
duro4chang:
Leave government alone and let us play our own role . Let us try it and see if the change we are clamouring for will not come.
Then why did we need government when we can Handle it by ourselves? The 70percent comes from the government!.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by chuksvoice: 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
I'm touched by this story, indeed a good name is better than ill gotten wealth. Despite our despite our dishonest lifestyle it hasn't really made us the richest or smartest people on earth
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by chriscrosss(m): 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2020
I love this...Nigerians are too greedy and jealous..I swear..
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
euromilion:
Bros I’m sorry but in every society there’s good and bad people,vast majority of the crime in South Africa are committed by Zimbabweans and it’s mostly car thefts and house burglaries.

So please spare me those epistles.

I disagree with you I have stayed in both countries for more than four years each. In South Africa if you overstay your visa it is a criminal offence. This is why zimbabweans have a high number of criminal offences in South Africa. Also if you look at it the last xenophobia attacks when they say 3 zimbabweans who killed did you know on investigation they found out their passports were fake and they found out that three of them were Nigerians with fake Zimbabwean passport. Just look at the the last xenophobia attack what started it , it was a Nigerian who shot the bus driver but with a fake Tanzanian passport. This is the problem in South Africa and southern African countries a lot of the Citizens committing crime in these countries including South Africa are not even from Southern Africa they are just using fake passports to commit crime
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Investnow2017: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
duro4chang:
I understand everything you said. But let us continue to do the right things. If you and I begin to do the right things I hope things will begin to change and if not it will be on record.
Of course. I for one owe my obligation to my God and my fellow men. I appreciate your perspective and share same. Peace
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by abimic(m): 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
I and my friends would do this selflessly except we chose to not help, but in as much we chose to help, honesty is the key. There are still many good Nigerians but just as the regular yoruba saying 'eniyan buburu ti ba eniyan rere je', indirectly could mean the bad ones have spoilt the image of good ones.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by duro4chang(m): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Investnow2017:

Of course. I for one owe my obligation to my God and my fellow men. I appreciate your perspective and share same. Peace
May God bless you. May He give us the grace to always do His will.a
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Forumobserver12(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
[b]I have been suspected and severally interrogated just because I carried Nigeria passport.
This has happened in unrelated places, not because of what I have done but because of where I come from.
[/b]

People with your kind of mentality are the reason why Nigerians are profiled abroad, did it occur to you that you just labeled Nigerians criminals on international platform such as Nairaland? people like you are the reason while other nationals see us as criminals, there are good and bad people everywhere, I have personally lost counts on Number of good Nigerians I have encounter in my life, a Nigeria woman just returned the sum of N14m mistakenly transferred to her account...
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Mryacks: 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by duro4chang(m): 10:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
jcross19:
Then why did we need government when we can Handle it by ourselves? The 70percent comes from the government!.
Our government at all levels do not come from another continent. Not from hell not from other countries. Are they not part and parcel of us. We elect them,we select them,we praise them,we insult people because of them. We kill and main because of them.Come to think of it, those who are in power today we're not there yesterday,this is how they were also saying about those who were in power yesterday. Now that they are in power are they doing things differently? If you also continue like this ,you will also behave like them when you get into position of authority. Stop blaming government and do your own part.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Magnifque01: 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

We have only seen the government as the problem , when we as citizens have ignored our moral rights, it's sad because the young minds have been polluted to see the government as the main ills of the society.
We only blame government by default.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by hollah123: 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
April4th:

You turned a blind eye to a situation you’re supposed to make things right because it doesn’t affect you directly and you’re here complaining of the Nigerian mentality. You’re a hypocrite my man
so u expect me to turn activist over a case that broke out last night which I know nothing about prior to that time.

Bros abeg what am I supposed to do in dat case to show I am not a hypocrite?
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Slynation(m): 11:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
seunny4lif:
It can never happen in West or East Nigeria.
Northern Nigeria shops are mostly not locked and yet those guys don’t rob the shops.

I used to work at the MMA and I discovered our mentality has a Nigerians is to steal and blame it on devil or government if caught.

Senegalese police will inform you to come to station yourself.
If I report someone to the police
They will give me a letter to give the person
Once the person collects the letter from me then the person must appear in the station
Failure not to appear can land you 3 weeks in prison without even looking at your case.

Many Nigerians have ended in Senegalese jails for useless crime and many so called big boy Nigerians have slapped or beaten up Senegalese police thinking they are dealing with Nigeria police officers.
They will not even look at their cases even through many were innocent but sentence to over 10 years in prison.

Hello... Is it the same Northern Nigeria where I reside? This is one of our major problem in this country, apportioning blames when it's a collective efforts...No body is willing to man up and accept his/her flaws with their full chest
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by pseudaria: 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
Igbochief001:
Is the white man trust worthy ? ...is the Chinese trust worthy? Russians ? ...u need a bit of aggressiveness to grow really ...most Africans lack this except maybe igbos

The rules is meant to keep the weak man down ...there is no rule in this world ...it's a dog eat dog world

No country achieved growth without doing something bad .. except the few small country with large resources ...it's a matter of time they would soon drop too

What you just wrote here is complete nonsense. It won't take a fortune teller to know that you would loot this country blind if given the opportunity. And it is not smartness- it is poverty mentality, the bane of black emancipation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Untold Truth About Why Immigrants Are Leaving Canada / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.