Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,528 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Are Black People Naturally Dumb? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Black People Naturally Dumb? (1772 Views)

Igbo People Naturally Don't Like Sun? / Are Black People Attractive To White People Abroad? / Why Are Black American Ladies Viewed As Animals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ModestGal(f): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2020
As someone that is very intrested in the black race and Nigeria, I've also been wondering if black people are naturally created to be dumb because thats the only excuse I can give right now.

How do I explain politicians stealing and getting caught without thinking of their names and reputations after death? This same leaders are religious people going to Churches and mosques, lol

How do I explain the DUMB POOR PEOPLE who worship their oppressors?

How do I explain the thoughtless youths that carry guns and others to rig election for people making their lives miserable?

How do I explain the hatred, envy, racism of black people against black people?

How do I explain the tribalism of Nigerian tribes against one another and every tribe claiming to be superior and better and thus looking down on other tribes? Wise people would leverage on the good side of each tribe, exchange for development, but in Africa, No, they prefer to spend 24hours discussing how each tribe is bad, never looking at the good side. I have been to all part of Nigeria and I confirm this.

How do I explain an Igbo man always saying they develop someone else's land or they are the reason why such and such land is developed? Wise people wouldn't keep saying that even if they actually did because those statement would only warrant hatred

How do I explain the senseless youths that have mentally checked out of Nigeria? An average youth want to ''Japa(travel out)'', do Yahoo, and other illegal stuffs or you see them cursing Nigeria/fellow blacks up and down.

How do I explain the constant complaints, grumbling, cursing of Nigeria by Nigerians who do nothing to better Nigeria but plan to wake up to meet a Nigeria they never created?

How do I explain Ghanaians, SA hating on other black Nations?

How do I explain African countries not even trying to compete with advanced countries and overtake them?

How do I explain inflating covid19 cases just to collect some money when the pride should actually be in the lower number of cases, imagine Nigeria was to be covid19 free, by now, we would be topping the news and our President would be kind of proud, but they do not understand how such could enrich the country better, they are only intrested in the peanuts they will receive when they hype the number of cases

How do I explain the myopic view of fellow Nigerians on most matters?

How do I explain religious stupidity where someone fainted and people started pouring water and speaking in tongues?

How do I explain religious hypocrites that go to churches and mosques, same people doing juju against one another, bitter against one another, same people are the disgusting average Nigerian racists.

How do I explain the poorest masses sleeping in mountains believing in an impossible miracle?

How do I explain those reading this and already concluding I'm an atheist for speaking against religious stupidity?

How do I explain intentionally believing superstitions, fallacies, tales and not holding to science?

How do I explain commentors ready to ascertain this fact, ready to thumb up this post without ever thinking of doing something to help, but happy to pull down black people and black Nation at the slightest opportunity, they are even excited to comment, Nigeria is a thrash, as if it's a good thing?

How do I explain those who are only good in writing about these problems, and those who like to read and argue about these issues, but personally do nothing at the end of the day?

I have not come to any conclusion if its a genetical problem in Africa or its just an environmental factor, but I do think for us to solve a problem, we need to first acknowledge the problem

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Albertone(m): 8:50am On Aug 19, 2020
I do wonder too.

But I have come to a conclusion.I'll develop myself and go to where I will be appreciated as a result of my development.

If others like,they can keep waiting for a good governance to come turn things around for them,continue being tribalistic,continue being fraudulent and criminal minded.As for me,I have given up already.I can denounce my Nigerian citizenship anytime,anyday,twice on a wednesday.

Modified:
We gained independence to early.We were supposed to gain independence in year 2000 or there about.
Take a look at south africans who were under foreign rule for long!

2 Likes

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ModestGal(f): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2020
How do I explain those that think the problem of this country is the leaders we have? Why are people not understanding the problem is deeper than that? We have more than a thousand leader, why are all of them thesame thiefs? Why is there corruption in every angle of the country and all offices like immigration, civil service, etc. No, I don't think its the leaders, I think the people actually have a deep psychological problem that is making them behave like that, so when they become leaders, they do thesame, what I'm saying is that, it is the problem of the society not the leaders. The problem is with the ''PEOPLE''. Something is mentally wrong with the black people's brain. The earlier we know and acknowledge this, the better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by WilliamsDeGreat: 8:53am On Aug 19, 2020
Yes I think so
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2020
I think so too,

The truth is bitter sorry to say but the problem is from our black mothers, yes!
They are the real problem of black race.

Like I said the truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 19, 2020
How do I explain those who are only good in writing about these problems on Nairaland without taking proper measures to solve these problems offline.

Until everyone realize that this problem and solution start with "YOU" we will never get anywhere. Abegiii I've heard and read about the issues too many times.

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ModestGal(f): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2020
I'm sorry if this post is offensive to anyone, I'm just trying to fathom why
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by hisgrace090: 9:08am On Aug 19, 2020
The black man issue is too complicating.
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ModestGal(f): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2020
Palema007:
How do I explain those who are only good in writing about these problems on Nairaland without taking proper measures to solve this problems offline.

Until everyone realize that this problem and solution start with "YOU" we will never get anywhere. Abegiii I've heard and read about the issues too many times.
Well, I'm taking steps. The solution is not about you reading them, we want people to internalize these things.
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by hisgrace090: 9:10am On Aug 19, 2020
Palema007:
How do I explain those who are only good in writing about these problems on Nairaland without taking proper measures to solve this problems offline.

It must continue untill we start changing our ways.
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by fati2001(m): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2020
you are right, especially this Nigeria . they are not supposed to be among black race
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 19, 2020
ModestGal:

Well, I'm taking steps. The solution is not about you reading them, we want people to internalize these things.
Internalize? Lol.. you think the average Nigerian doesn't know that in one way or the other he or she has an impact in the country's situation? You think the market women who inflates prices of goods because they "heard" a possible rise in price may occur the following week don't know they are wrong? You think the touts who rigged election for politicians don't know they are selling their future? You think sex or money for grades lecturers don't know they are wrong? The politicians looting the country, do you think they see themselves as saints? The masses keeping quiet,you think they don't know what they can do? Lol... Here's the deal... An African Man lives for the moment. A Nigerian for the seconds. The seconds a Nigerian feels satisfied,he forgets his pains. He gets distracted and lives in the momentary satisfaction and when that is gone, he starts all over again. No consideration or preparations for the future. Now expecting such Man to fight against inconveniences or to make sacrifice to change a cause in which might take his life is like expecting a cattle to pass through the needle. Only few has that forte. So Yes A Nigerian will rather toil little for his momentary satisfaction than to aim high and lose his life. Solidarity never works in Nigeria, they fight for individual interest. Like someone typed on this thread " I will rather make it and go where I will be appreciated" that's the typical Nigerian Mindset. And you wonder why our problem linger? grin

No, Africans aren't dumb they are just easily satisfied and very individual!

2 Likes

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ModestGal(f): 9:29am On Aug 19, 2020
hisgrace090:

.I agree
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by OGWILLS123: 9:33am On Aug 19, 2020
For your information next time you want to call the name black
don't mention Nigeria we are animals or from a monkey race not black
race
abi i dey lie

3 Likes

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ModestGal(f): 9:34am On Aug 19, 2020
Palema007:
Internalize? Lol.. you think the average Nigerian doesn't know that in one way or the other he or she has an impact in the country's situation? You think the market women who inflates prices of goods because they "heard" a possible rise in price may occur the following week don't know they are wrong? You think the touts who rigged election for politicians don't know they are selling their future? You think sex or money for grades lecturers don't know they are wrong? The politicians looting the country, do you think they see themselves as saints? The masses keeping quiet,you think they don't know what they can do? Lol... Here's the deal... An African Man lives for the moment. A Nigerian for the seconds. The seconds a Nigerian Man feels satisfied,he forgets his pains. He gets distracted and lives in the momentary satisfaction and when that is gone, he starts all over again. No consideration or preparations for the future. Now expecting such Man to fight against inconveniences or to make sacrifice to change a cause in which might take his life is like expecting a cattle to pass through the needle. Only few has that forte. So Yes A Nigerian will rather toil little for his momentary satisfaction than to aim high and lose his life. Solidarity never works in Nigeria, they fight for individual interest. Like someone typed on this thread " I will rather make it and go where I will be appreciated" that's the typical Nigerian Mindset. And you wonder why our problem linger? grin

I agree, but at the bolded, why is it that the guy can't understand that if those people in those countries have left when things was bad and never fought for anything, he won't have those places to run to today. I'm not against travelling out, it's very nice(you explore and learn new things), but what I have problem with is the way they leave, they leave with a mental notion of ''I won't have anything to do with Nigeria again''

Now, how do you think we can make people stop living for the moment and waking them up?

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 19, 2020
hisgrace090:

Lol.... I hear you. And apologies to Modestgal for my outburst. It's just that I've read too many articles, watched too many programs all on Nigeria issue with no positive changes. Believe me if people pay half the attention they pay on discussing Nigeria problem on solving it ,we won't be here.

All the same,I could have ignored. Sorry about that.

2 Likes

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by stanliwise(m): 9:44am On Aug 19, 2020
There is no social consciousness of some evil around us. A typical black man is more conscious of what and what affects him and his family. He is not conscious of what happens to the society at large.
This mentality until it get away from black people then we can begin to develop.

2 Likes

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ModestGal(f): 9:47am On Aug 19, 2020
Palema007:
Lol.... I hear you. And apologies to Modestgal for my outburst. It's just that I've read too many articles, watched too many programs all on Nigeria issue with no positive changes. Believe me if people pay half the attention they pay on discussing Nigeria problem on solving it ,we won't be here.

All the same,I could have ignored. Sorry about that.
I didn't disagree with you, you are very correct. The problem is that we have lesser number of people that actually care, like 1% of the Nigerian population. For instance, I feel so lonely because non of my agemates or anyone that I know would even wanna listen to this (I'm in my early twenties by the way). Also, I feel I'm the only one in a street I recently stay in Lagos that do not litter the floor with nylons and papers, so it doesn't make any difference, the street will always be dirty, no matter how much I don't litter. So its not like they are not doing their parts and just talking, but we are just too few to make any noticeable difference

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by pmoye(m): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2020
YES.

Unfortunately we think we are smarter than everyone else. Our dumbness however is not natural, it is cultural.

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Liposure: 10:05am On Aug 19, 2020
It starts with you and i. Then family. Then schools. Then churches and mosques. Then offices. Then civil service. Then government for change to happen

2 Likes

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 19, 2020
ModestGal:

I agree, but at the bolded, why is it that the guy can't understand that if those people in those countries have left when things was bad and never fought for anything, he won't have those places to run to today. I'm not against travelling out, it's very nice(you explore and learn new things), but what I have problem with is the way they leave, they leave with a mental notion of ''I won't have anything to do with Nigeria again''

Now, how do you think we can make people stop living for the moment and waking them up?
That's the spirit of individuality speaking, The "I" thing. Most Nigerians if not 90% aren't patriotic! They have no feelings towards the country, all they ever do is criticize it. To the people of Nigeria it is a "Nigeria and Them thing". The truth is Nigeria is just a name, a Name given to people living together, no sense of belonging or ownership, no love. Nothing. Nigeria and it's people are rolling on parallel lines. The real Nigeria is as small as Aso rock.That's the reality. People are very unconcerned about that Name except they need to be recognized with a nationality outside the borders. Don't be surprised when people find it easy to depart the country or invest in other countries. They never saw Nigeria as theirs.
A seed without water dies, a plant among weeds get choked. A lot of people have tried to make "thier country" great but what did they get? Innoson for example is been underrated, it takes serria lone for Nigerians to know it value, other investors have tried but in a country that would rather help foreigners grow and kill it's own, do you think it will be wise to advice people to stay? cheesy . Please anybody that wants to "japa" can. however let them remember no place like home, no matter how unpleasant it may be.

To you last question, that's like changing a nature. I believe you start with the Family. A child force his personality in his first five years from emulating what he sees. Let parents cultivate the habit of investing in future, not settling for less, selflessness, value, importance of identity and image, love for one another, solidarity and they should inculcate these into their wards. I believe the young once will grow into better adults.

2 Likes

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Liposure: 10:20am On Aug 19, 2020
Palema007:
That's the spirit of individuality speaking, The "I" thing. Most Nigerians if not 90% aren't patriotic! They have no feelings towards the country, all they ever do is criticize it. To the people of Nigeria it is a "Nigeria and Them thing". The truth is Nigeria is just a name, a Name given to people living together, no sense of belonging or ownership, no love. Nothing. Nigeria and it's people are rolling on parallel lines. The real Nigeria is as small as Aso rock.That's the reality. People are very unconcerned about that Name except they need to be recognized with a nationality outside the borders. Don't be surprised when people find it easy to depart the country or invest in other countries. They never saw Nigeria as theirs.
A seed without water dies, a plant among weeds get choked. A lot of people have tried to make "thier country" great but what did they get? Innoson for example is been underratit takes
lets pray for this country. we have a long way to go.
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by proclinician: 10:31am On Aug 19, 2020
Palema007:
Internalize? Lol.. you think the average Nigerian doesn't know that in one way or the other he or she has an impact in the country's situation? You think the market women who inflates prices of goods because they "heard" a possible rise in price may occur the following week don't know they are wrong? You think the touts who rigged election for politicians don't know they are selling their future? You think sex or money for grades lecturers don't know they are wrong? The politicians looting the country, do you think they see themselves as saints? The masses keeping quiet,you think they don't know what they can do? Lol... Here's the deal... An African Man lives for the moment. A Nigerian for the seconds. The seconds a Nigerian feels satisfied,he forgets his pains. He gets distracted and lives in the momentary satisfaction and when that is gone, he starts all over again. No consideration or preparations for the future. Now expecting such Man to fight against inconveniences or to make sacrifice to change a cause in which might take his life is like expecting a cattle to pass through the needle. Only few has that forte. So Yes A Nigerian will rather toil little for his momentary satisfaction than to aim high and lose his life. Solidarity never works in Nigeria, they fight for individual interest. Like someone typed on this thread " I will rather make it and go where I will be appreciated" that's the typical Nigerian Mindset. And you wonder why our problem linger? grin

Hmm you're somewhat intelligent. You just said it all oo. Lack of foresight.

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 19, 2020
Liposure:
lets pray for this country. we have a long way to go.
Isn't that what we end it with? Let's pray... Lol grin grin

Lol... perhaps one day our prayer will touch baba God and he will come down and fix our country for us . Abi? grin

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ModestGal(f): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2020
Palema007:
Isn't that what we end it with? Let's pray... Lol grin grin

Lol... perhaps one day our prayer will touch baba God and he will come down and fix our country for us . Abi? grin
Let me add this, How do I explain Black people not able to do something except with the intervention of God/Spirit. What I'm trying to say is this, in a world where God doesn't help, blacks would cieze to exist because we are dependent on God's favour, Mercy, Luck,its only on those occasion, that Africa can thrive

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 19, 2020
ModestGal:

Let me add this, How do I explain Black people not able to do something except the intervention of God. What I'm trying to say is this, in a world where God doesn't help, blacks would cieze to exist because we are dependent on God's favour, Mercy, Luck,its only on those occasion, that Africa can thrive
Lol... God self is tired of our cluelessness grin grin

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ModestGal(f): 11:36am On Aug 19, 2020
Palema007:
Lol... God self is tired of our cluelessness grin grin
It's so unfortunate and very painful. The most annoying thing is when I tell people how this is painful, they would only return with laughter, like I'm kinda crazy. As for fellow ladies, I'm sorry to say I'm disappointed, as those ones are worse off when it comes to this type of matters. Very few percentage care.
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by tommy589(m): 11:39am On Aug 19, 2020
We are not dumb.The white man came too soon. Our problems goes deep down not the surface people see.

You have to understand the history of the black race. From slavery to colonisation.The forced Union without regards to tribal affiliations.
The intervention of the Europeans to ease smooth operations of their business brought temporary end to tribal wars.The Europeans are now
gone but those suspended wars,hatred and ethnic strifes are now back. Nepotism everywhere,can you give your best in an environment where your ethnicity determines your reward? How can a nation grow when a tribe feel superior to another?
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Shugar1: 11:40am On Aug 19, 2020
The core of the whole problem is Love and Care. 95 percent of Nigerians do not truly care about their fellow citizen or their environment. The Nigerian MENTALITY here is "so long as me and my family have eaten I am OK, make others go find something chop too". As long as love and care are not part of our equation in our daily activities, naija will neva move forward. Just port go where to u will be respected for being a human being.

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by Fmghewzy(m): 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2020
Aswear me self don tire for black people ,we are our own problem,no cooperation . only hate and bash . imagine I pray that one day before I die Nigeria and Africa would be great before my very own eyes.

You won't see many people on this thread ooo

Na bbn ,big breast big di..cK

Na so so rubbish u go see them
Plss in other for this country to develop ,we all need to change our mentality
Abi shey black people don't like Good things ni

1 Like

Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ThothHermes: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Genesis 9:25

And he said, "cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren"
Re: Are Black People Naturally Dumb? by ThothHermes: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
ModestGal:

Let me add this, How do I explain Black people not able to do something except with the intervention of God/Spirit. What I'm trying to say is this, in a world where God doesn't help, blacks would cieze to exist because we are dependent on God's favour, Mercy, Luck,its only on those occasion, that Africa can thrive
SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is My Brother Gay? He's Listen To Women Heartbreak Songs / Funny Meme Collections / I Love Her But I'm Scared Of History Repeating Itself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.