Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region (4871 Views)

If Tinubu Can Create A Seaport In Anambra; Igbo Will Worship Him - Cossy Ojiakor / Buhari Approves For Nigeria’s First Deep Seaport In Lekki As A Customs Port / Amaechi Says FG Willl Build $800 Million Seaport In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 11:42am On Aug 19, 2020
It is no longer news that Lagos Seaport will soon be decongested and the East will be the next destination for Port activities. With 60% of imports from Lagos Seaport finding it's way to Onistha, it is no doubt that the commencement of shipping of goods to Eastern ports is a welcome development.

Here are some of the ways the Eastern Region will benefit from this move.

Reduction in the rate of Rapid migration to Lagos of people from the region: The rate at which people move to Lagos and Ogun State will reduce drastically as many people will love to stay back in the East.

There will be creation of Jobs: More jobs will be created for people from the Eastern Region and Nigeria as a whole.

Many Companies will relocate to East from Lagos and other part of the Country: Many Company will prefer to Establish their presence in the East than Lagos because many people will pay more attention to Eastern ports than Lagos port in the nearest future. Take for instance many Clearing agents may relocate their Business to East.

Development will hit the Region in Geometric progression: If the region can develop on its own without any City there been a Federal Capital and lack of Functional Seaport unlike Lagos. It shows that with the presence of Seaport in the region, the Development that will hit the region will be unbelievable.

Anambra and Lagos may rub shoulder in terms of Infastructures and Revenue generation. Just inagine the volume of economic activities that will hit Onitsha.

Appreciation in Real Estate Properties: If you are wise and an Investor with foresight, now is the right time to Invest in the Eastern part of the Country. Once huge economic activities hit the region, the value of Lands and other Real Estate properties will appreciate.

Indeed the Future of Eastern Nigeria is Bright

Seize this Opportunity to Invest in Landed properties in the Following Cities
Asaba
Owerri
Enugu
Aba
Port-Harcourt
Uyo
Calabar
Awka

23 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 11:44am On Aug 19, 2020
Now is the best time to Invest in the Eastern Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 19, 2020
But onne port in PHC, Onne has been in existence and functioning for long? Why the noise now?

14 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2020
luxy44:
But onne port in PHC, Onne has been in existence and functioning for long? Why the noise now?
Yes Nobody is saying that it is not functioning but shipping Companies are now about to start patronising the port in a commercial scale just like they do in Lagos.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Commonsense99: 11:54am On Aug 19, 2020
grin
The events of last week have just settled the ignorant argument on weather South East is landlocked.
A reasonable country would have promoted the Eastern ports to boost the economy down east, but no, they keep given useless reasons like shallow channel and all Other fake fallacies to intentionally frustrate the Ndi igbo.
Its already too late for them to reverse their stvpidity, we want that our land locked Biafra, we want out short and simple.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by trekkie: 11:55am On Aug 19, 2020
Just curious...is it onne port you are referring to when you said eastern seaport? I was confused cos I know eastern states to be landlocked....or river ports to be built?

@ op.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by pricklewane: 11:56am On Aug 19, 2020
Propsvilla:

Yes Nobody is saying that it is not functioning but shipping Companies are now about to start patronising the port in a commercial scale just like they do in Lagos.

Your matter be like bathroom wey wan turn sea.

4 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by MosheDayan: 11:57am On Aug 19, 2020
[s]
trekkie:
Just curious...is it onne port you are referring to when you said eastern seaport? I was confused cos I know eastern states to be landlocked....or river ports to be built?

[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by honeyB2018: 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
Propsvilla:
It is no longer news that Lagos Seaport will soon be decongested and the East will be the next destination for Port activities. With 60% of imports from Lagos Seaport finding it's way to Onistha, it is no doubt that the commencement of shipping of goods to Eastern ports is a welcome development.

Here are some of the ways the Eastern Region will benefit from this move.

Reduction in the rate of Rapid migration to Lagos of people from the region: The rate at which people move to Lagos and Ogun State will reduce drastically as many people will love to stay back in the East.

There will be creation of Jobs: More jobs will be created for people from the Eastern Region and Nigeria as a whole.

Many Companies will relocate to East from Lagos and other part of the Country: Many Company will prefer to Establish their presence in the East than Lagos because many people will pay more attention to Eastern ports than Lagos port in the nearest future. Take for instance many Clearing agents may relocate their Business to East.

Development will hit the Region in Geometric progression: If the region can develop on its own without any City there been a Federal Capital and lack of Functional Seaport unlike Lagos. It shows that with the presence of Seaport in the region, the Development that will hit the region will be unbelievable.

Anambra and Lagos may rub shoulder in terms of Infastructures and Revenue generation. Just inagine the volume of economic activities that will hit Onitsha.

Appreciation in Real Estate Properties: If you are wise and an Investor with foresight, now is the right time to Invest in the Eastern part of the Country. Once huge economic activities hit the region, the value of Lands and other Real Estate properties will appreciate.

Indeed the Future of Eastern Nigeria is Bright

Seize this Opportunity to Invest in Landed properties in the Following Cities
Asaba
Owerri
Enugu
Aba
Port-Harcourt
Uyo
Calabar
Awka

This is one of the most useless post I have ever seen in this forum.
Why are you counting your chicken when the eggs are not yet hatched. This is one stupid characters of the Igbos, In your mind of minds, you will think you have made a post abi?
Better go home and think twice.

6 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Splendor01(m): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
MosheDayan:
[s][/s]
One thing a lot of folks don't know is that south east is not landlocked because of no access to the sea , of course there are possible route to the sea in anambra, imo amd abia , south east is landlocked because there is no seaport

5 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
Propsvilla:

Maersk , PIL, (both Singaporean companies), China shipping etc all have offices in PHC. There has been shipping activities in Onne before now. Stop displaying your ignorance.

And FYI, we are all tired of the overpopulation in Lagos, whatever that will depopulate that state is fine, except pandemics or war.

7 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
honeyB2018:

This is one of the most useless post I have ever seen in this forum.
Why are you counting your chicken when the eggs are not yet hatched. This is one stupid characters of the Igbos, In your mind of minds, you will think you have made a post abi?
Better go home and think twice.
Yes it is a very Useless post bevause it does not glorify Lagos or South West. Yes it is a useless post because we are not talking about how Lagos can expand while the Eastern ports are abandoned. It is a useless post because You know that one of the things that is keeping Igbos in Lagos is the Seaport.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 12:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
luxy44:

Maersk , PIL, (both Singaporean companies), China shipping etc all have offices in PHC. There has been shipping activities in Onne before now. Stop displaying your ignorance.

And FYI, we are all tired of the overpopulation in Lagos, whatever that will depopulate that state is fine, except pandemics or war.
Read my comment again. I said in commercial scale, hope you saw the news of berthing of the largest Cargo in Nigeria. That is what I mean when I say in commercial scale.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
luxy44:
it was cheaper to ship to Lagos clear n transport to east than to use one Port ...but now it cost the same to use onne n lagos

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by honeyB2018: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2020
Propsvilla:

Yes it is a very Useless post bevause it does not glorify Lagos or South West. Yes it is a useless post because we are not talking about how Lagos can expand while the Eastern ports are abandoned. It is a useless post because You know that one of the things that is keeping Igbos in Lagos is the Seaport.

The post is useless as your points. Why not allow the policy or the decision, to effectively take place, before rushing to the platform to validate the benefits?
If it is scuttled tomorrow, you will still be the ones that will cry blue murder.
Awon chest beaters.

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by GTkester: 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
honeyB2018:

[s]The post is useless as your points. Why not allow the policy or the decision, to effectively take place, before rushing to the platform to validate the benefits?
If it is scuttled tomorrow, you will still be the ones that will cry blue murder.
Awon chest beaters.[/s]

Ezi!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
honeyB2018:

The post is useless as your points. Why not allow the policy or the decision, to effectively take place, before rushing to the platform to validate the benefits?
Awon chest beaters.
Sorry Una power no reach to scuttle it, You think Hausa-Fulani cares. I trust Hadiza and Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by honeyB2018: 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2020
GTkester:

Ezi!

Ewu.
Nkita
Enwe.

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by IkwerrePikin: 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
Niger delta Port not Eastern Port, do we have a sea port in the South East

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by honeyB2018: 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2020
GTkester:

Ezi!
Ewu.
Nkita
Enwe.
Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by honeyB2018: 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2020
Propsvilla:

Sorry Una power no reach to scuttle it, You think Hausa-Fulani cares. I trust Hadiza and Amaechi.

Awo chest beaters per excellence.
Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by IkwerrePikin: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2020
Propsvilla:
Now is the best time to Invest in the Eastern Nigeria

There is no sea port in south east

Change your head line to Niger delta port not Eastern port

5 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by IkwerrePikin: 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2020
Commonsense99:
grin
The events of last week have just settled the ignorant argument on weather South East is landlocked.
A reasonable country would have promoted the Eastern ports to boost the economy down east, but no, they keep given useless reasons like shallow channel and all Other fake fallacies to intentionally frustrate the Ndi igbo.
Its already too late for them to reverse their stvpidity, we want that our land locked Biafra, we want out short and simple.

There is no sea port in the south east

They are talking about moving cargos to Onitsha by rail not ship. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igbochief001:

it was cheaper to ship to Lagos clear n transport to east than to use one Port ...but now it cost the same to use onne n lagos

How is it cheaper? You mean sea freight or logistics?? Vessels berth regularly at Onne, so don't mention logistics, Onne is not a yesterday port o. Most vessels that berth in Lagos, gets to Onne, Lome, etc, and most West African ports.

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2020
luxy44:

How is it cheaper? You mean sea freight or logistics?? Vessels berth regularly at Onne, so don't mention logistics, Onne is not a yesterday port o. Most vessels that berth in Lagos, gets to Onne, Lome, etc, and most West African ports.
oga there was no direct line from Asia or Europe to onne ...ships would have to reach Lagos the move to onne

if u are not into shipping keep shut ...onne started real operation this year ...before now it was only used for heavy duty oil equipment

13 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2020
Propsvilla:

Read my comment again. I said in commercial scale, hope you saw the news of berthing of the largest Cargo in Nigeria. That is what I mean when I say in commercial scale.

Berthing of the largest (container) cargo vessel in Nigeria doesn't mean there hasn't been "commercial" activities; whatever that means! It means the sea is deep enough to accommodate larger vessels. Dredging was done on the already existing port, that's all. You need to understand vessels activities and how vessels are nominated by shipping lines. That particular vessel may not get to west Africa coast again, I will tell you the reason in the evening when I am back from my meeting. Provided you ask though.

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igbochief001:

oga there was no direct line from Asia or Europe to onne ...ships would have to reach Lagos the move to onne

if u are not into shipping keep shut ...onne started real operation this year ...before now it was only used for heavy duty oil equipment

Don't get abusive dear, I have people older than you as staff. Vessels don't have a definite port as destination. They service a coastal area. Get education before politics.

4 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2020
luxy44:

Don't get abusive dear, I have people older than you as staff. Vessels don't have a definite port as destination. They service a coastal area. Get education before politics.
I have staffs older than me too that's no biggie ...infact all my staffs old pass me

you think it's cheap to ship to onne and igbos would chose Lagos ? ...bro be serious

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igbochief001:

I have staffs older than me too that's no biggie ...infact all my staffs old pass me

you think it's cheap to ship to onne and igbos would chose Lagos ? ...bro be serious

Dear, the picture below is the activities of KOTA SABAS. Another vessel owned by Singaporean coy. Check out the activities of the vessels. Check the Onne and Lagos ETA and ETD. Same vessel serviced the both ports based on discharged port requested by clients.

Ports activities (airports and seaports) are market driven. Not by tribe or because 4 people share a container to bring him battered metals (spare parts). Get education before politics!

I am out of here

3 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by PrudencyFeats: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2020
trekkie:

@ op.

Calabar to Warri is called Eastern ports.

Its the geographical location. South East is mere political name bacause the Igbos dominated Eastern Nigeria hence they are categorized as South. East.

The main eastern Nigeria is Cross River and Akwa Ibom

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
luxy44:

Dear, the picture below is the activities of KOTA SABAS. Another vessel owned by Singaporean coy. Check out the activities of the vessels. Check the Onne and Lagos ETA and ETD. Same vessel serviced the same port based on discharged port requested by clients.

Ports activities (airports and seaports) are market driven. Not by tribe or because 4 people share a container to bring him battered metals (spare parts). Get education before politics!

I am out of here
Bros because this ships had to reach Lagos first made them expensive ...ships are not built for short tribe ...that's why now it's cheaper

I don't know how else to explain to you ...it's like renting a dangote truck from one street to the next it's not economical at all

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Two Oyinbo People Decide To Savage Each Other / Ogun Considers Special Court To Try Cultists, Mulls Amnesty Programme / Douye Diri: Palliatives Not Solution To Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.