Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,386 members, 7,822,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region (4888 Views)

If Tinubu Can Create A Seaport In Anambra; Igbo Will Worship Him - Cossy Ojiakor / Buhari Approves For Nigeria’s First Deep Seaport In Lekki As A Customs Port / Amaechi Says FG Willl Build $800 Million Seaport In Warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igbochief001:

Bros because this ships had to reach Lagos first made them expensive ...ships are not built for short tribe ...that's why now it's cheaper

I don't know how else to explain to you ...it's like renting a dangote truck from one street to the next it's not economical at all

It is the same freight for most west African ports from Asia. A vessel can stay a month or more within the coastal area they service. Please drop this battle. I'm an "importer exporter" in Chimaobi voice. You should know by now

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by johnpablo541(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
trekkie:
Just curious...is it onne port you are referring to when you said eastern seaport? I was confused cos I know eastern states to be landlocked....or river ports to be built?

@ op.

Nigerian ports are categorised into two types - the Western Port and the Eastern Port.
The Western Port comprises Apapa Port Complex, Lagos and the Tin-can Island Port Complex, Lagos.
The Eastern Port comprises Rivers Port, Onne Port, Calabar Port and Delta Ports.

The eastern ports are not located in the south east. Just like we have the EAST-WEST Road. It is also not located in the south east also.

8 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2020
luxy44:

It is the same freight for most west African ports from Asia. A vessel can stay a month or more within the coastal area they service. Please drop this battle. I'm an "importer exporter" in Chimaobi voice. You should know by now
lol and I'm what ? ...Bros if onnes is a comparative price with Lagos why would aba man or ontisha man chose Lagos ...answer this simple question

10 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
If only the east were a manufacturing hub and what we are talking about is export and not imports.

But it's not.

Importers of all kinds of goods kill the economy of a particular place.

8 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igbochief001:

lol and I'm what ? ...Bros if onnes is a comparative price with Lagos why would aba man or ontisha man chose Lagos ...answer this simple question

Direct the question to the Aba man sir.

2 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by afube: 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
luxy44:

Berthing of the largest (container) cargo vessel in Nigeria doesn't mean there hasn't been "commercial" activities; whatever that means! It means the sea is deep enough to accommodate larger vessels. Dredging was done on the already existing port, that's all. You need to understand vessels activities and how vessels are nominated by shipping lines. That particular vessel may not get to west Africa coast again, I will tell you the reason in the evening when I am back from my meeting. Provided you ask though.

Onne port was mischievously designated an oil and gas port and commercial traffic was diverted to Lagos by inflating port charges in onne. The aboki and afonja alliance strong die but they have fallen into the pit they dug for others.

3 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Notasyouthink: 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
trekkie:
Just curious...is it onne port you are referring to when you said eastern seaport? I was confused cos I know eastern states to be landlocked....or river ports to be built?

@ op.
OP said "eastern ports" not SE.
SE maybe partially landlocked but not Igbo land in general.

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Notasyouthink: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
Niger delta Port not Eastern Port, do we have a sea port in the South East
Afonja claiming ikwerre grin grin grin

There is nothing like nigga-delta, what we have is eastern region or biafra.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by trekkie: 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
PrudencyFeats:

Calabar to Warri is called Eastern ports.

Its the geographical location. South East is mere political name bacause the Igbos dominated Eastern Nigeria hence they are categorized as South. East.

The main eastern Nigeria is Cross River and Akwa Ibom
Thanks for the education.i get it...at least if ships berth at these places + the large markets it is a definite boost for real estate in the areas. I only hope tribal sentiments don't scuttle what could be so beneficial to all

2 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by trekkie: 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
Notasyouthink:
OP said "eastern ports" not SE.
SE maybe partially landlocked but not Igbo land in general.
Thanks. I get it..
Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by PrudencyFeats: 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2020
trekkie:

Thanks for the education.i get it...at least if ships berth at these places + the large markets it is a definite boost for real estate in the areas. I only hope tribal sentiments don't scuttle what could be so beneficial to all

Sure, the advantages of locating manufacturing companies and citing of industries close to sea ports will be harnessed.

I don't believe in giving preference to party A than B. Give them equal opportunity and let them grow. We in Lagos are suffering the long neglect of eastern ports due to politikins. The huge population in Lagos won't be so if there was equal infrastructure spread in Calabar and Port Harcourt. Example is Abuja.

If we show love to ourselves in this country, no one would care where a president come from or pushing for break away.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2020
Some people are just pained any time they see the Eastern region progressing

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 19, 2020
afube:

Onne port was mischievously designated an oil and gas port and commercial traffic was diverted to Lagos by inflating port charges in onne. The aboki and afonja alliance strong die but they have fallen into the pit they dug for others.

K
Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by descarado: 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2020
Igbochief001:

That's the question strictly for obasanjo.

If and only if the port start full operation for carrying commercial freight, in 2 yrs time, we will know if indeed Lagos port is a better option for business activities.
Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:17pm On Aug 19, 2020
trekkie:

@ op.

Well, you’ll just have to carry on in your confusion ‘cos neither ‘your 5 south-east states’ or Alaigbo is landlocked! I know you may be a tad disappointed as that’s what you use jerk off every now and again, but take heart!

2 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by trekkie: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
johnpablo541:

Nigerian ports are categorised into two types - the Western Port and the Eastern Port.
The Western Port comprises Apapa Port Complex, Lagos and the Tin-can Island Port Complex, Lagos.
The Eastern Port comprises Rivers Port, Onne Port, Calabar Port and Delta Ports.

The eastern ports are not located in the south east. Just like we have the EAST-WEST Road. It is also not located in the south east also.

Thanks . Educational. I never knew.
Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 8:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
The Eastern Region has a lot of potential which includes

Huge Market Potential: With an Estimated poulation of over 80 million, the region has a huge market which will be very enticing to any investor.

The Region has Highest clusters of Cities in Nigeria: Yes apart from the State Capitals the region have more cities more than any other region in Nigeria.

The Region is strategically located and the gateway to African regional trade.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2020
Uyo is taking shape
This is the right time to invest

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by 24SEVEN: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
Niger delta Port not Eastern Port, do we have a sea port in the South East

grin grin grin . Wetin happen na. Igbo girl offend you??

Eastern ports because geographically, Rivers and cross River are actually in Eastern Nigeria.

Mind you, Eastern ports not Igbo ports. Calm down.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Muna4real(f): 10:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

There is no sea port in the south east

They are talking about moving cargos to Onitsha by rail not ship. Lol

Is there rail way in onitsha? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Bkayyy: 11:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Muna4real:

Is there rail way in onitsha? undecided
Pretend you didn't see that, he is from ogbomosho, they don't travel much. Just pretend, so that the argument can continue without hurting someone's feeling

6 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by IkwerrePikin: 12:27am On Aug 20, 2020
24SEVEN:

grin grin grin . Wetin happen na. Igbo girl offend you??

Eastern ports because geographically, Rivers and cross River are actually in Eastern Nigeria.

Mind you, Eastern ports not Igbo ports. Calm down.

We are no longer in the old regional setting. It’s either you call it south east or south south (niger delta)

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Anambra1stS0n: 3:12am On Aug 20, 2020
Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Jlow2: 3:22am On Aug 20, 2020
PrudencyFeats:

Calabar to Warri is called Eastern ports.

Its the geographical location. South East is mere political name bacause the Igbos dominated Eastern Nigeria hence they are categorized as South. East.

The main eastern Nigeria is Cross River and Akwa Ibom
in the real sense nothing Lyk south south in geography

3 Likes

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by hammer8: 3:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Propsvilla:
It is no longer news that Lagos Seaport will soon be decongested and the East will be the next destination for Port activities. With 60% of imports from Lagos Seaport finding it's way to Onistha, it is no doubt that the commencement of shipping of goods to Eastern ports is a welcome development.

Here are some of the ways the Eastern Region will benefit from this move.

Reduction in the rate of Rapid migration to Lagos of people from the region: The rate at which people move to Lagos and Ogun State will reduce drastically as many people will love to stay back in the East.

There will be creation of Jobs: More jobs will be created for people from the Eastern Region and Nigeria as a whole.

Many Companies will relocate to East from Lagos and other part of the Country: Many Company will prefer to Establish their presence in the East than Lagos because many people will pay more attention to Eastern ports than Lagos port in the nearest future. Take for instance many Clearing agents may relocate their Business to East.

Development will hit the Region in Geometric progression: If the region can develop on its own without any City there been a Federal Capital and lack of Functional Seaport unlike Lagos. It shows that with the presence of Seaport in the region, the Development that will hit the region will be unbelievable.

Anambra and Lagos may rub shoulder in terms of Infastructures and Revenue generation. Just inagine the volume of economic activities that will hit Onitsha.

Appreciation in Real Estate Properties: If you are wise and an Investor with foresight, now is the right time to Invest in the Eastern part of the Country. Once huge economic activities hit the region, the value of Lands and other Real Estate properties will appreciate.

Indeed the Future of Eastern Nigeria is Bright

Seize this Opportunity to Invest in Landed properties in the Following Cities
Asaba
Owerri
Enugu
Aba
Port-Harcourt
Uyo
Calabar
Awka

The best place to invest in landed properties now, is Calabar.

So it is best to start buying land there.
Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 4:01am On Aug 20, 2020
Uyo is taking over

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 4:24am On Aug 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugsimMQ3FQ
The Cheapest genuine Estate to invest in Aba Abia State Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 4:26am On Aug 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I8t3fcLut0
Invest in Max Gardens Estate Imo State
Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 4:29am On Aug 20, 2020
Invest in Lush City Estate Uyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3jeCRoIIH8

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 4:31am On Aug 20, 2020
Invest in Heritage Villas Estate Obosi Anambra State Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WKX4CIT02A&t=17s

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 4:35am On Aug 20, 2020
Invest in Max Garden City Uyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVEZnq_nV3M

1 Like

Re: Presence Of Seaport In The East, How It Will Boost The Economy Of The Region by Propsvilla(m): 5:09am On Aug 20, 2020
The development of the Eastern Region is our collective effort.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is The Second Niger Bridge Slanted Down Sharply? / Our Commitment To Energy Transition Is Firm - Osinbajo / Biafra Protest In Enugu State Nigeria Today January 18th 2016 - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.