Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer (80767 Views)

SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba / Man Who Asked Peter Obi About IPOB At Chatham House, Turns Out To Be APC Member / Ex-Governor Tired Of Senate, Aspires To Be APC National Secretary - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by TheRareGem1(f): 6:43am On Aug 20, 2020
This igberatv that carry both false and fake news is not even current.

El rufai already ceded presidency to the south.

Lawan is not contesting. He's not even amongst the those who have the potential to race or you think its about being a senate President, where is David Mark now?

Please remove orji. Even the Igbos don't want him.

BAT is a king maker. He should stay like that if he tries to mount the throne, all his reputation both good and bad would be distroyed especially the good ones.

Osinbajo remains the most capable and able man to lead this country. He's an action man.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by OgundeleTeju: 6:51am On Aug 20, 2020
For me Osinbajo still remains the best. I submit

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by DSoj(m): 6:57am On Aug 20, 2020
AntiWailer:
Remove El Rufai already ceded to South

Remove Orji Uzor Kalu, guy man would not be supported.

Remove Kayode Fayemi, Not as strong as he appears even in his State

Remove Lawan , he will never contest against Tinubu.

U KNOW WHATSUP

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by okefrancis: 7:08am On Aug 20, 2020
I don't know anyone apart from from yemi osinbajo

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Cyberterror: 7:17am On Aug 20, 2020
Osinbajo is a set up. If APC fields him, PDP would have a swell time in the north. It will be very hard to convince a northern Muslim to vote for a pastor. Even Yoruba Muslims would be skeptical. Orji Uzo Kalu already has the support of key influencial figures in the north. They trust him because he was born and raised in the north and knows their struggles and needs. That is what matters. The north will decide whether we in the south like it or not.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 20, 2020
Awol1:
Plz remove Elrufai!

Any ticket he's on would be viewed as Boko Haramic.

Elrufai right now, will never win any national election.

Try and keep up son and put personal hatred of others aside.

El Rufai, before all other Northerners, has already come out to declare unequivocally that the Presidency must go to the South in 2023.

He is likely angling to be VP to a Southern Presidential candidate.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by ORIENTATION101: 7:50am On Aug 20, 2020
Cyberterror:
Osinbajo is a set up. If APC fields him, PDP would have a swell time in the north. It will be very hard to convince a northern Muslim to vote for a pastor. Even Yoruba Muslims would be skeptical. Orji Uzo Kalu already has the support of key influencial figures in the north. They trust him because he was born and raised in the north and knows their struggles and needs. That is what matters. The north will decide whether we in the south like it or not.
is there any candidate in PDP that have national appeal and pedigree both in North and south that surpass osibanjo?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 20, 2020
TheRareGem1:

Lawan is not contesting. He's not even amongst the those who have the potential to race or you think its about being a senate President, where is David Mark now?

BAT is a king maker. He should stay like that if he tries to mount the throne, all his reputation both good and bad would be distroyed especially the good ones.

Osinbajo remains the most capable and able man to lead this country. He's an action man.

The part in bold is ignorant of the history of Nigeria. The only thing constant in life is change. Nothing is rigid or set in stone in politics.

Did "unelectable" Buhari many tagged "eternal election loser" not become President. Buhari's ambition was even harder than Tinubu's to achieve yet we all saw GMB become PMB.

Ditto for GEJ in 2011. A total nobody with no political machinery whatsoever and the most unlikely President anyone can imagine. Yet he won the election when politically powerful men and women swung behind him.

Some of us don't understand Nigeria to appreciate what becoming her President entails. If the right number of the right sort of political elite back a candidate then that candidate will be President. Take that to the bank and watch this work for Tinubu in 2023. In fact Tinubu himself is counting on this while ordinary Nigerians continue with their "Kingmakers don't become Kings" myopia.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 20, 2020
okefrancis:
I don't know anyone apart from from yemi osinbajo

You guys keep mentioning Osinbajo without ever pragmatically understanding that the political elite must want and back him too as the beginning of the journey to the Presidency.

Many of you need to note the overaching picture for Pete sake. If Nigeria were ever simply about who the average Nigerian wants then Osinbajo would certainly get the nod. As it stands, I personally doubt that Osinbajo can ever get the APC ticket unless Tinubu stands aside.

The APC delegates who will vote at the Party primaries will not eschew ulterior motives in casting their votes. That part of things is purely related to deal-making and horsetrading Osinbajo is simply not capable of or has the capacity for.

Osinbajo will not scale the APC Primaries hurdle unless Tinubu and PMB want him to.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by AntiWailer: 8:15am On Aug 20, 2020
Anago55:
. Remove Tinubu,he is too corrupt to rule a new Nigeria

If u read reasons for removing them, u will see that i simply removed those who will not contest.

I did not say the remaining must win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Oracleforce: 8:17am On Aug 20, 2020
For me, the battle will be between Oshibajo, Tinubu and Amechi...others are just accompanying aspirants...

Orji Kalu doesn't have what it takes...and what will disqualify Tinubu is that he is a Muslim and the northerner Christain vice-presidential candidate may not pull weigh....so, it should be between Amaechi and Oshibajo...

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by AntiWailer: 8:19am On Aug 20, 2020
Abouwaza:

Clap for yourself
So nah bullion van thief be our next president?
I knew we are not ready
Well maybe someday we shall get it right
@topic
Remove all of them
I don't see any progress with any of them

You lack understanding or your desperation to type nonsense sold u out.

The people I eliminated are people I feel will not bother to contest. There is no where I drummed support for the people remaining on my list.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by AntiWailer: 8:21am On Aug 20, 2020
Bluntguy:

Antiwailer that is wailing at mere permutations. You saw names of political heavy weights that can give your god a run for his money in APC come 2023 and you started wailing remove this person remove that one. At the end you left your god's name as the only qualified one. When you hear power belongs to God it doesn't mean power belongs to god.

Typical M0r0n

You lack understanding or your desperation to type nonsense sold u out.

The people I eliminated are people I feel will not bother to contest. There is no where I drummed support for the people remaining on my list.

The problem you people have is the fact that you are dumb but desperate to prove otherwise.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by comos: 8:27am On Aug 20, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
You no put GEJ?

All of una go see the roundabout magic wey dem dey cook up for their kitchen.

Una think say Jona turn errand boy for nothing and him wife fraud cases with EFCC Don go quiet all of a sudden.

I have the feeling Buhari will handover power to GEJ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by I888(m): 8:30am On Aug 20, 2020
Dogogo1900:
These Biafra people like to dream a lot,do you seriously think that an Igbo man will ever come close to being the president of Nigeria?
Or are you just plain stupid?
Yes Amaechi can be president but he is not Igbo and we just had our turn in Goodluck Jonathan. I believe you are dreaming of Kalu as the president of Biafra not Nigeria, even Biafra is impossible. You guys are cursed , Hahahaha.

Biafra is impossible to say but Nigeria's eventual disintegration is not impossible. If you like laugh.
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by ojaysam25(m): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2020
Osinbajo is the best candidate...

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Anago55: 8:57am On Aug 20, 2020
AntiWailer:

If u read reasons for removing them, u will see that i simply removed those who will not contest.

I did not say the remaining must win.

. Haaaaaa

I don catch you

zombie
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by spy24(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2020
a yoruba will not get APCs ticket
watch and see
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by AntiWailer: 8:58am On Aug 20, 2020
Anago55:
. Haaaaaa

I don catch you

zombie

Odeee

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by wizzyarts: 9:01am On Aug 20, 2020
Rochas 2023
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by usmanbaba(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2020
I love Osinbajo
I admire Rotimi
I adore and cherish Tinubu
I will make my choice on these three candidates when d time comes.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 20, 2020
spy24:
a yoruba will not get APCs ticket
watch and see

Lol. We can always trust you people to be sentimental, tribalistic and hateful above common sense and logical reasoning.

Pray tell us who will get APC tickets if indeed it is zoned to the South. Igbos? SS?

If the APC try to disenfranchise the Yorubas then the Party will suffer for it. Know that Northerners are not hateful enough to cut their nose just to spite their face as Igbos are prone to doing.

The North is pragmatic politically and knows the worth of the Yorubas to the APC. Unlike Igbos who are politically worthless with no reward at all to be gained supporting or empowering them.

If Yorubas won't get APC ticket I guess they will hand it to those from regions with no electoral value at all to the Party and will guarantee an election humiliation for the APC. Nonsense.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by afesco: 9:27am On Aug 20, 2020
AntiWailer:
Remove El Rufai already ceded to South

Remove Orji Uzor Kalu, guy man would not be supported.

Remove Kayode Fayemi, Not as strong as he appears even in his State

Remove Lawan , he will never contest against Tinubu.
Just d fact.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by PharmD911: 9:37am On Aug 20, 2020
candidtalk:

Lol. We can always trust you people to be sentimental, tribalistic and hateful above common sense and logical reasoning.

Pray tell us who will get APC tickets if indeed it is zoned to the South. Igbos? SS?

If the APC try to disenfranchise the Yorubas then the Party will suffer for it. Know that Northerners are not hateful enough to cut their nose just to spite their face as Igbos are prone to doing.

The North is pragmatic politically and knows the worth of the Yorubas to the APC. Unlike Igbos who are politically worthless with no reward at all to be gained supporting or empowering them.

If Yorubas won't get APC ticket I guess they will hand it to those from regions with no electoral value at all to the Party and will guarantee an election humiliation for the APC. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by hollah123: 9:40am On Aug 20, 2020
Anago55:
. Remove Tinubu,he is too corrupt to rule a new Nigeria
Tinubu is a thief but Orji Uzor kalu that just came back from prison for corruption is an angel abi?

Tinubu don go jail b4?

17 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Anago55: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2020
hollah123:
Tinubu is a thief but Orji Uzor kalu that just came back from prison for corruption is an angel abi?

Tinubu don go jail b4?
. Yes ooo

an exconvict in America. a very smart thief of international comparable. He knows his way out of the Nigerian corrupt system,that's the only thing keeping him away from kirikiri prison
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by sukar886: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2020
who said igbo don't want him, you are on your own
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 20, 2020
usmanbaba:
I love Osinbajo
I admire Rotimi
I adore and cherish Tinubu
I will make my choice on these three candidates when d time comes.

To be honest, those are the only candidates that will appeal to the political powerbrokers, kingmakers and elite of the APC. We all must remember they come first, at Party level, before Nigerians even get the chance to cast a single vote.

How does anyone, regardless of the love Nigerians have for them, get to become President if they cannot even get the ticket of the APC or PDP? APC will win in 2023 and the names you list above are the only ones suitable to APC Party delegated who will be under massive inducement from political Godfathers, benefactors, power blocs, interest groups etc.

Nigerians can mention Moghalu, Adesina, NOI, Kalu, Onu, Sowore etal all they want. If you are not running on the platform of APC or PDP then forget the Presidency. Simple. I can't speak for the PDP but I know the APC candidate will be a Yoruba with Amaechi having an outside chance while Igbos have zero chance of getting the APC ticket. Best they face PDP.

One thing is worth bearing in mind. Of all the APC candidates, Tinubu will be the most powerfully opposed. Yet he will also be the most powerfully supported. The most excitable always show their hands early hence the early gang up we are seeing against BAT now. Nonetheless it is the most calculative, patient and influential who always win in Nigeria. Go figure.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by sukar886: 9:45am On Aug 20, 2020
TheRareGem1:

,who said igbo don't want Orji, you are on your own ooo
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by hollah123: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2020
Anago55:
. Yes ooo

an exconvict in America. a very smart thief of international comparable. He knows his way out of the Nigerian corrupt system,that's the only thing keeping him away from kirikiri prison
give the evidence of him being jailed or convicted in USA or I take u as just another hating miscreant.

At least a newspaper publication that Tinubu was jailed in USA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by sukar886: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2020
Orji uzor kalu all the way.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ikedi Ohakim & Mistress, Chinyere Amuchienwa Fight Dirty; Police Step In / Mansion: Bukola Saraki's House In Ilorin (Photos) / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.