Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer (80766 Views)

SE/SS Senate Presidency Will Be APC's biggest Political mistake - Adamu Garba / Man Who Asked Peter Obi About IPOB At Chatham House, Turns Out To Be APC Member / Ex-Governor Tired Of Senate, Aspires To Be APC National Secretary - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by frankyychiji(f): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2020
candidtalk:

The part in bold is ignorant of the history of Nigeria. The only thing constant in life is change. Nothing is rigid or set in stone in politics.

Did "unelectable" Buhari many tagged "eternal election loser" not become President. Buhari's ambition was even harder than Tinubu's to achieve yet we all saw GMB become PMB.

Ditto for GEJ in 2011. A total nobody with no political machinery whatsoever and the most unlikely President anyone can imagine. Yet he won the election when politically powerful men and women swung behind him.

Some of us don't understand Nigeria to appreciate what becoming her President entails. If the right number of the right sort of political elite back a candidate then that candidate will be President. Take that to the bank and watch this work for Tinubu in 2023. In fact Tinubu himself is counting on this while ordinary Nigerians continue with their "Kingmakers don't become Kings" myopia.
At what cost would your bolded part be?
The vicious cycle continues and Nigeria continues to bleed.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 20, 2020
frankyychiji:
At what cost would your bolded part be?
The vicious cycle continues and Nigeria continues to bleed.

I don't make the rules. I am just a pragmatist who accepts reality always instead of taking flights of fantasy that will surely lead to disappointment. You want me to say we are close to seeing an Adeshina, Noi or Ezekwesili as President?

I can say that but I would only be lying to you if I did. To becomes President of Nigeria your journey must begin with gaining the support of genuinely powerful and influential political elite and powerbrokers.

Buhari never had those people on his side and never won even after 3 attempts. The minute Tinubu etal swung behind Buhari, and provided him the well-supported APC platform, we saw Buhari clear all SW States in 2015, bar Ekiti under Fayose, whereas he did not even win a single SW State only 4 years earlier in 2011.

As the modern saying goes, "it is what it is". Anyone who accepts that will already know what is coming.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by kingzizzy: 10:26am On Aug 20, 2020
ojaysam25:
Osinbajo is the best candidate...

Election of Nigerias President is not based on best candidate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by alizma: 10:30am On Aug 20, 2020
Charmingrascal:
Osinbajo

Tinubu

Amaechi

Others can go and apply for another job
God bless your brain

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by ojaysam25(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2020
kingzizzy:

You're right...its definitely based on the smartest....tinubu and his bullion van would be hard to contain...
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 20, 2020
kingzizzy:

Indeed. A whole lot of things must come together to make a candidate the choice of the most powerful and influential political powerbrokers and elite in Nigeria.

For example, an electoral Mr.Big and powerbroker in NE Nigeria may influence/induce Party delegates from his region to go and vote a certain candidate because that man will best protect his business and political interest and not because said candidate is best for Nigeria's interest.

Can Osinbajo duck, dive and thrive at that level to gain the APC ticket? A yes or no is often the simple answer.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by dheilaw1(m): 11:15am On Aug 20, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
if APC fails to give an igbo man ticket in 2023 let the northerners have it if a section of the south thinks greed and backstabbing paya then they are in for a ride .why can't inec allow Nigerians in diaspora to be voting using international passport especially USA how can I vote from there
you are so foolish asking APC to give her ticket to the South East that has never supported the party from time immemorial. You can cry and make useless threats as long as u can, APC won't give her ticket to the South East

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by dheilaw1(m): 11:18am On Aug 20, 2020
RuddyFusion:
A Nigerian of Igbo extraction will be President of Nigeria...this will happen and heaven will not fall.

In 2023 it's the turn of the South East and nothing will change that.
under which party?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by rontolo(m): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2020
Osinbanjo was he only one worthy of note on that list. The likes of Kalu, Amaechi a Definite no, no, no.
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 20, 2020
dheilaw1:
you are so foolish asking APC to give her ticket to the South East that has never supported the party from time immemorial. You can cry and make useless threats as long as u can, APC won't give her ticket to the South East

It shows you how patently unreasonable, covetous and anarchic Igbos are. They don't believe in building anything and always look for short term gains.

They fight everyone to a standstill 23 hours and 59 minutes out of 24 hours to then come at the last minutes with threats and blackmail merely because the biggest usurpers in Nigeria want to benefit where they have not sown.

It is only little kids not alive when APC was born, to witness how Igbos hounded and rejected the Party tribalistically and wickedly, who can argue Igbos deserve anything from the APC.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 20, 2020
candidtalk:

Try and keep up son and put personal hatred of others aside.

El Rufai, before all other Northerners, has already come out to declare unequivocally that the Presidency must go to the South in 2023.

He is likely angling to be VP to a Southern Presidential candidate.

Any ticket he's on will not fly. That's my point dude.
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2020
dheilaw1:
under which party?

Let him continue wallowing in self-deceit. No Igbo can gain the trust of the political elite to emerge candidate of either APC or PDP for the 2023 race.

This is because any Party that fields an Igbo is bound to lose disgracefully as others merely have to present non-Igbos to win very easily. Nigerian political leaders and powerbrokers are not suicidal.

They are self-serving and will go to their graves that way. Even those who publicly pay lip service to "Igbos deserve it" will not vote Igbos privately because of what they stand to lose doing so. Igbos are not in contention for 2023. That is the truth. Most Nigerians now accept Igbos are vainglorious and ego-driven. They exploit this weakness of Igbos always.

The elite know who they want. Every Nairalander should ask why it is Tinubu everyone is talking of, trying to blacken and doing their best to demarket as if he is the only one running.

When there is a desperate effort to discredit a particular candidate then you know it is because Nigerian political elite are most scared of that particular candidate emergence as President.

We saw this in 2014 when it was obvious Buhari was likely to be APC candidate. From Raymond Dokpesi AIT to Fayose publications in Nigerians newspapers, nothing they did not do to demonize buhari. All to no avail.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Awol1:

Any ticket he's on will not fly. That's my point dude.

Okay. I get you. He is indeed divisive bit remains popular still.
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by chukel(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2020
Just give it to Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by ThatFairGuy: 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
THOSE THAT ARE LIKELY TO CONTEST. OP change the headings and add these people.
Fashola,
Aregbesola and
Okorocha
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by ThatFairGuy: 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
[s]
Brooklynsouth:
if APC fails to give an igbo man ticket in 2023 let the northerners have it if a section of the south thinks greed and backstabbing paya then they are in for a ride .why can't inec allow Nigerians in diaspora to be voting using international passport especially USA how can I vote from there
[/s]
Biafra or death.
Besides, you can't contest under APC, an evil Islamic Party for that matter cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Stillthebest: 12:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
shocked

First your topic "flag bearer" Is the wrong word to use. U dont call contestants flag bearers.

Whence, Fayemi will rather vie for a VP slot(he is a weak politician who doesn't know he is weak)

Lawan believes in Tinubu.
Osinbajo will not contest if Tinubu springs out. It is either Tinubu or Osinbajo.
Cant trust El Rufai not to breach his recent public statement that presidency goes to the South inb2023, if Tinubu will to contest.

So the assumed contestants will be Tinubu/Osinbajo,. Orji Uzo Kalu, Rotimi Amaechi and perhaps El Rufai

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Iceberg3: 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
AntiWailer:
Remove El Rufai already ceded to South

Remove Orji Uzor Kalu, guy man would not be supported.

Remove Kayode Fayemi, Not as strong as he appears even in his State

Remove Lawan , he will never contest against Tinubu.

Shut up thank you
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by AntiWailer: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2020
Iceberg3:

Shut up thank you

What does this even mean ?

I don't engage low lives pleas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Brooklynsouth(f): 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
Onijagidijagan:
Goodluck Jonathan has represented your people
ok the north has it
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by spy24(m): 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
candidtalk:

Lol. We can always trust you people to be sentimental, tribalistic and hateful above common sense and logical reasoning.

Pray tell us who will get APC tickets if indeed it is zoned to the South. Igbos? SS?

If the APC try to disenfranchise the Yorubas then the Party will suffer for it. Know that Northerners are not hateful enough to cut their nose just to spite their face as Igbos are prone to doing.

The North is pragmatic politically and knows the worth of the Yorubas to the APC. Unlike Igbos who are politically worthless with no reward at all to be gained supporting or empowering them.

If Yorubas won't get APC ticket I guess they will hand it to those from regions with no electoral value at all to the Party and will guarantee an election humiliation for the APC. Nonsense.
see who dey call person tribalistic
your comment alone is enough to tell that you are a tribal bigot
and by the way i am not igbo

what is the common sense and logic in giving yorubas the presidential position after 16 years as president and vice.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
spy24:

see who dey call person tribalistic
your comment alone is enough to tell that you are a tribal bigot
and by the way i am not igbo

what is the common sense and logic in giving yorubas the presidential position after 16 years as president and vice.

You're talking nonsense. Let Igbos go and get the PDP ticket. APC owe them nothing and Igbos themselves saw to this by declaring they did not need the APC and will never need the Party. Igbos never heed the warning of not burning bridges.

The APC Party ticket is for a Southerner and not for SE, SW or SS. Let all those interested contest. Yorubas are sure of themselves and know they deserve the ticket for all they put into the APC.

Igbos should contest for the APC ticket valiantly as others are prepared to do and stop trying to reap where they have not sown, and even did their best to destroy, with blackmail. If your IPOBian brain prevents you understanding this then that is your own problem.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
ok the north has it
We're ready for the North..we will defeat them
Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by spy24(m): 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
candidtalk:

You're talking nonsense. Let Igbos go and get the PDP ticket. APC owe them nothing and Igbos themselves saw to this by declaring they did not need the APC and will never need the Party. Igbos never heed the warning of not burning bridges.

The APC Party ticket is for a Southerner and not for SE, SW or SS. Let all those interested contest. Yorubas are sure of themselves and know they deserve the ticket for all they put into the APC.

Igbos should contest for the APC ticket valiantly as others are prepared to do and stop trying to reap where they have not sown, and even did their best to destroy, with blackmail. If your IPOBian brain prevents you understanding this then that is your own problem.

too much bitterness is not good for the soul cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
spy24:

too much bitterness is not good for the soul cool

Igbos are the bitter and hateful ones with the Yorubas the favourite recipient for their hate and toxicity. Just ask Kanu and his IPOBian lunatic followers.

It will not be long before modern Yorubas, less tolerant than their parents, return the unwanted hate of Igbos in kind even as we had been nothing less than tolerant and welcoming of Igbos always. Simple as that. No hate at all.

You want to target and attack me all the time then understand if I don't bring you roses and cookies in return.

Even look at 2023 and the ceaseless and nauseatingly hateful attack against Tinubu by Igbos alone 24/7 as if the man ruined the States and destiny of every living Igbo. Is the man the only candidate or is he worse than those Igbos praise and follow like Atiku, Kalu and even the scammer Kanu?

Yorubas will thrive in this new and highly tribalistic Nigeria if we begin to acknowledge who our enemies are and begin treating them accordingly.

You're a typical and unreasonable IPOBian anyway so I dont expect you to see anything wrong in how Igbos go around hating, insulting and fighting everyone only to expect support, cooperation and tolerance in return.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Iceberg3: 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2020
AntiWailer:

What does this even mean ?

I don't engage low lives pleas.

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Iceberg3: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2020
candidtalk:

Igbos are the bitter and hateful ones with the Yorubas the favourite recipient for their hate and toxicity. Just ask Kanu and his IPOBian lunatic followers.

It will not be long before modern Yorubas, less tolerant than their parents, return the unwanted hate of Igbos in kind even as we had been nothing less than tolerant and welcoming of Igbos always. Simple as that. No hate at all.

You want to target and attack me all the time then understand if I don't bring you roses and cookies in return.

Even look at 2023 and the ceaseless and nauseatingly hateful attack against Tinubu by Igbos alone 24/7 as if the man ruined the States and destiny of every living Igbo. Is the man the only candidate or is he worse than those Igbos praise and follow like Atiku, Kalu and even the scammer Kanu?

Yorubas will thrive in this new and highly tribalistic Nigeria if we begin to acknowledge who our enemies are and begin treating them accordingly.

You're a typical and unreasonable IPOBian anyway so I dont expect you to see anything wrong in how Igbos go around hating, insulting and fighting everyone only to expect support, cooperation and tolerance in return.

Amala sermon on the mountain.

E pain am grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by spy24(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
candidtalk:

oga stop making it look like yorubas are detribalized
the real reason why most south southerners and south easterners dislike you yorubas is because of you peoples political greed, ( which is true if you follow nigerian politics closely ).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
spy24:

oga stop making it look like yorubas are detribalized
the real reason why most south southerners and south easterners dislike you yorubas is because of you peoples political greed, ( which is true if you follow nigerian politics closely ).

Most young and achieving Yorubas these days don't care if SE and SS folks like or hate us. What we want and worked for, which is the 2023 Presidency, is our concern.

The Igbos have never refrained from their clannish tendency of trying to protect their own, however terrible , while attempting to destroy and discredit others. No one is buying their crap anymore.

Let them meet the Yorubas at the APC Primaries because we are not stepping aside for anyone. All these cheap blackmail about "you peoples political greed" wont work.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2020
Iceberg3:

Amala sermon on the mountain.

E pain am grin

Will pain you far more when a Yoruba is President in 2023 as destined.

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by Ades1234(m): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
mikemiyaki:
Power must come back to the south. So, rem
ve all those northeners!
Kali has nothing to offer,
What was his pedigree on abia state,
Man who stole the state blind

1 Like

Re: 2023: Top 7 Candidates That Could Be APC Presidential Flag Bearer by guy222: 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
ovieigho:

Zombie
Igbo

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ikedi Ohakim & Mistress, Chinyere Amuchienwa Fight Dirty; Police Step In / Mansion: Bukola Saraki's House In Ilorin (Photos) / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.