Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed (27130 Views)

Seme Border Remains Closed 24 Hours After Buhari’s Order / Cultism: Kingdom Model Secondary School Remains Closed - Umahi / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Jaqenhghar: 7:50am On Aug 20, 2020
Shey you people were jubilating when the borders were closed. Some swore that other countries will starve because of this. Last time I checked no one is starving grin

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Strongbest(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2020
Things are done in a very funny way in Nigeria.

Trust me, alot of people have blown from this so call border closure thing, unfortunately alot more have gone broke because of the same border closure.

If you really want to do thing why not do it completely and let it reflect on everyone and not on some people?

The last time I was told price of local rice is now between N850 - N900 I was amazed.

Why for pet sake? The price of imported rice was between N300 - N400 before border closure.

Isn't terrible that we are now buying our own locally made rice for almost times two of an imported rice?

As usual, we get used to it just the way we get used to everything in Nigeria even if we are suffocating.

Even the price of garri has gone up too. In fact, almost every food stuff has increased in price.

I think we are our enemies in this country sef.

4 Likes

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by lascos912(m): 7:55am On Aug 20, 2020
God will save us
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by PenHub: 7:56am On Aug 20, 2020
This nigeria tire me oo!!!
Customs generating 7billion per day plus other sources of government revenue, won't it be enough to finance projects instead of selling the future in the name of borrowing?
As for this border closure, its just on paper. Cause foreign rice still finds a way to the market and others.
Good radiance to bad rubbish

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by pafra(m): 7:59am On Aug 20, 2020
PenHub:
This nigeria tire me oo!!!
Customs generating 7billion per day plus other sources of government revenue, won't it be enough to finance projects instead of selling the future in the name of borrowing?
As for this border closure, its just on paper. Cause foreign rice still finds a way to the market and others.
Good radiance to bad rubbish

Get educated bro. Stop magnifying your ignorance thinking you want to criticize government.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Angelfrost(m): 8:02am On Aug 20, 2020
You mean 'closed to the average struggling Nigerians'!!!... Just like our international airway.

Unserious people!!!
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by DelphiOracle(m): 8:07am On Aug 20, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Was this closure impacted our life positively, improve our living standard as citizens after one year?
I can say no
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by kingthreat(m): 8:11am On Aug 20, 2020
No wonder Ghana is vexing
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2020
Another self praise
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:18am On Aug 20, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Was this closure impacted our life positively, improve our living standard as citizens after one year?

YES WE AGREE with

AS WE ARE ENJOYING SHOW LIKE THAT BELOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RQg3vyVD3o
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by DonMekino(m): 8:20am On Aug 20, 2020
U might hear in the news " Buhari shocked over the continued border closure"
Anything is possible in this country

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by faoogoke(m): 8:23am On Aug 20, 2020
Its a lazy and unintelligent way of taming smuggling.

Its the same when the Police mount road block.

Nigerian security agencies should be creative in the performance of their duties of securing lives and properties.

I was talking to a friend during the week. He told me of how he drove a car to Niger Republic unhindered during the week.

That is the boarder that is supposedly closed.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by BreconHills(m): 8:36am On Aug 20, 2020
Luckydubby7:

For some Yes - and l can speak for myself. If rain is falling and you stand under cover, you will not get wet. Nigerians are good at gaming systems but few have adaptable skill sets. This is the real problem.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by meobizy(f): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Nairalanders are as usual complaining about the country without knowing why. If the move impacts us positively then I'm all for it.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by udemzyudex(m): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2020
And you want make Ghanaians no vex.

If na you nko?
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by adedehinbo(m): 8:41am On Aug 20, 2020
As much as Nigerians re facing hard times,many people will be pushed to smuggling, the reasons why foreign rice Still finds its way in is because of Nigerians finding all means to smuggle it,but we seems to have leaders who doesn't have foresight before taking a decision,the policy of banning importation only leads to more hardships and inflation,imagine maize that was just banned is the reason why I can't continue with my poultry business because of high cost of feeds. Nigerians which way?

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Taiwojon(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2020
leave border alone.

buhari what is your take?

enriching your hausa people, starving the Igbo's and Yoruba's

well total sufficient is in Christ. not in buhari not in Nigeria not in border closure

1 Like

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Icechillz(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2020
tamdun:
Make them open the border abegi, local rice is more expensive compared to imported ones, Nigerians are very greedy, Buhari closed the bother so that we can patronise local content but my people see this as opportunity to turn billionaire overnight.
Imported rice still coming through nothern borders, if you don't believe me, go to iddo Market, you'll see trucks full of rice coming from North
We are our own enermy, I swear!

1 Like

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Greatidonis: 8:56am On Aug 20, 2020
Luckydubby7:

https://thenationonlineng.net/one-year-after-nigerias-border-remains-closed/
Lol keep been deceived our Northern brothers are killing it big time, it's in the South here that borders are closed.

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Charly68: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2020
No wonder your currency is going down daily..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by blackdennis: 9:27am On Aug 20, 2020
which economy is growing, Nigeria economy or personal economy. Naira is depreciating, and somebody is saying billions are coming into personal pockets. Other countries currency are becoming more valuable and they want themselves to believe rubbish.
Forget 9ja joor and face your hustle and God will bless your hustle and punish the generation of the wicked

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by backnbeta(f): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2020
Arms and ammunition still entering through the 'designated' borders undecided
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by bejeria101(m): 9:43am On Aug 20, 2020
You have a border? Eziokwu!
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by bejeria101(m): 9:43am On Aug 20, 2020
backnbeta:
Arms and ammunition still entering through the 'designated' borders undecided

You dey mind this dullard clowns.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by PenHub: 10:02am On Aug 20, 2020
pafra:

Get educated bro. Stop magnifying your ignorance thinking you want to criticize government.

i ain't criticizing govt bro...I'm only sayingwhat i think is my opinion. You're entitled to yours so whether i am correct or not doesn't make u talk like you're better than me okay.

1 Like

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Litmus: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2020
We need to double close those borders if possible and close more stretches of borders including.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by ospido: 10:25am On Aug 20, 2020
Border closure has never benefited us.
How do terrorists acquire their weapons?
Thru land borders.
I went to purchase rice one week ago but guess what, there were foreign Rice in every store i went to.
This also played out the last time i went to purchase a bag of Rice in March before the Coronavirus lockdown.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Litmus: 10:27am On Aug 20, 2020
Someone mentioned that closing the borders has not made us fatter but it has not made us skinnier either. This means that closing the borders did not result in their gloomy predictions of our demise. We need to close borders then evolve from this into tighter management of our borders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ozekhome: Why Northerners Are Scared Of Southern Governors’ Asaba Accord / Obasanjo’s Letter To Edwin Clark (Full Text) / Tundefashola.com Is Not My Personal Website – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.