Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed (27129 Views)

Seme Border Remains Closed 24 Hours After Buhari’s Order / Cultism: Kingdom Model Secondary School Remains Closed - Umahi / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by grrr: 10:30am On Aug 20, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Was this closure impacted our life positively, improve our living standard as citizens after one year?

Intact, the rice they claimed is being smuggled through the borders is now more expensive locally now.
Shebi they wanted to encourage home grown stuff,
Now we are here

1 Like

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2020
tamdun:
Make them open the border abegi, local rice is more expensive compared to imported ones, Nigerians are very greedy, Buhari closed the bother so that we can patronise local content but my people see this as opportunity to turn billionaire overnight.
Imported rice still coming through nothern borders, if you don't believe me, go to iddo Market, you'll see trucks full of rice coming from North

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by mentored: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2020
Luckydubby7:

https://thenationonlineng.net/one-year-after-nigerias-border-remains-closed/

Idiots

Fulani herdsmen are still kidnapping and raping

Kaduna is still on Fire

Borno still belongs to Boko Haram

Governor of the state was recently attacked

Citizens are still crying

How does this add succor to us?
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Jaqenhghar: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2020
grrr:

Intact, the rice they claimed is being smuggled through the borders is now more expensive locally now.
Shebi they wanted to encourage home grown stuff,
Now we are here
The simple solution to this was to find ways to cultivate the fireign rice, flood the market with it, then even the smugglers will be out of job. The simplest things are so hard to do in rhat country

2 Likes

Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by adonaimart(m): 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
Abeg o, how u take know say na imported
tamdun:
Make them open the border abegi, local rice is more expensive compared to imported ones, Nigerians are very greedy, Buhari closed the bother so that we can patronise local content but my people see this as opportunity to turn billionaire overnight.
Imported rice still coming through nothern borders, if you don't believe me, go to iddo Market, you'll see trucks full of rice coming from North
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by nextstep(m): 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
They will close border on legitimate trade, yet boko boys dey enter Naija anyhow.. issorait. angry
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Litmus: 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Shey you people were jubilating when the borders were closed. Some swore that other countries will starve because of this. Last time I checked no one is starving grin

Some people should stop weeping louder than the bereaved. See, the neighbors do not care about our closed borders and we Nigerians like our borders closed, so win, win all round. Nigeria need and want those borders closed, let us patronize homegrown stuff.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by themaestro08(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Try to read the article
It looks like it will be a blessing in the long run

How would it benefit us in the long-term? What significant impact has it made?

Its pathetic seeing this inept government brainwashing ordinary folks like you.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Jaqenhghar: 4:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
Litmus:

Some people should stop weeping louder than the bereaved. See, the neighbors do not care about our closed borders and we Nigerians like our borders closed, so win, win all round. Nigeria need and want those borders closed, let us patronize homegrown stuff.
Where are the homegrown stuff?
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Litmus: 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Where are the homegrown stuff?
All over Nigeria.
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by earnit3: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hmmm
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by deavicky(m): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
What about rice?
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2020
Igbochief001:
so our borders see closed ? ....lol
Am sure bubu don forget grin
Re: One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed by pafra(m): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
PenHub:

i ain't criticizing govt bro...I'm only sayingwhat i think is my opinion. You're entitled to yours so whether i am correct or not doesn't make u talk like you're better than me okay.

Based on your post, I don't think. I know for sure I am better. You can seek expert advice on Nigerias budget.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gani Adams: My Guardian Angel Won’t Forgive Me If I Reconcile With Obasanjo / The Defeat Of President Buhari’s Idealism - Femi Aribisala / Photo Of PDP Mega Rally In Kano. More And More Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.