Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty (29704 Views)

MAN Kicks Against Excise On Soft Drinks / Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by JB4life: 9:45am On Aug 21, 2020
Let them sell one bottle of soft drink and one bottle of beer one thousand naira and one thousand five hundred naira respectively, mbok.
We need another source of revenue to augment oil.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:

Lol. Throw away your torchlight phone or upgrade your network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82fSQKcM-0Y
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:48am On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:

Lol. Throw away your torchlight phone or upgrade your network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iXLDfBRc04

Tell the world if this is torchlight phone
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by realmetrah: 9:48am On Aug 21, 2020
it's time for this government to tax kwunu and zobo makers. # -change
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by lilyheaven: 9:49am On Aug 21, 2020
phr0nesis:
And 2023 is still far. I'm definitely leaving this country

You are not going anywhere.
You can’t come and run away
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 9:50am On Aug 21, 2020
kikero:

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiM3CzVjRh8

Thanks.. I was expecting a video of what that said... Holding into his words the reason I requested for video
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Deborah98(f): 9:50am On Aug 21, 2020
It's well with our souls
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 21, 2020
Very nice development I want quit taking soft drinks
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 21, 2020
stormborn28:
foolish imbe...cile. you and I are not the only Nigerians on the surface of Nigeria.. It is only a selfish cow that will not emphasize with his/her fellow countrymen
Go fuckurself. If they can collect duty on cigarettes i don't see why this one is paining ur brain and all u sugar lovers tongue
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2020
Athemisia:

Same thing they said about rice... yet local rice is more expensive than foreign rice

Lies, who told you that?
Local rice is 25k
Foreign is 35k
Go ask for market
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by kevoh(m): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2020
I keep reading here that it will boost production of locally made drinks like zobo, kunu etc. Are you kidding me? angry angry These so called locally made drinks asides their unhygienic method of production are already enjoying huge patronage from Nigerians due to low cost.What is there to boost again? Infact, once you start proper bottled packaging with NAFDAC approval, you will spend N250 to N300 to buy a bottle.

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2020
espionagesavvy:

Diabetes is not caused by sugar but genetics and life style. Secondly there are those who really need these carbo drinks as it is a cheap way for them to get adequate calories for the kind of job they do.

Sugar also contributes too...to an average amount
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2020
Nauttyprof:
Na wa o. Maybe when we stop drinking only water. This government will not have anything to tax again. They just want to make life difficult for the masses.

What am I even typing? Very soon this government will tax even water with the claim that we can't be drinking water everyday and not have it taxed.

How bros?
Funny you!
They can't tax rain na
Haha
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by faoogoke(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2020
Nigeria does not import soft drinks

Not even the concentrates used to produce them.

I think the headline is misleading.

We still need to wait to get the facts and details of the levy.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by martineverest(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2020
sircatherine45:

I concur
But leave noodles outta it...
noodles is worse o... everything about noodles is poison..the seasoning is worse
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2020
kalvoken:

This is a full time good news to people wey sabi for Benue state. I heard they plant zobo wella

Really? Share me contacts of farmers na...I'm serious...
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by martineverest(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2020
Athemisia:

tabacco and alcoholic products are not cheap but a lot of people still pertronize them
yeah... but both are killing people unknowingly.... most governments can't ban them cos of the economic importance
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 10:01am On Aug 21, 2020
operationmoses:
Very nice development I want quit taking soft drinks

Nice decision!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Bestx(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2020
Aflix:
Economy-0
Power-0
Security- -10
Infrastructure-0
Completion of railway started by previous govt-50
Inflation-100

Wetin we de enjoy for this government self
A government that lacks vision will soon find it self on motion backwards!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2020
kevoh:
I keep reading here that it will boost production of locally made drinks like zobo, kunu etc. Are you kidding me? angry angry These so called locally made drinks asides their unhygienic method of production are already enjoying huge patronage from Nigerians due to low cost.What is there to boost again? Infact, once you start proper bottled packaging with NAFDAC approval, you will spend N250 to N300 to buy a bottle.

How is it unhygienic?
Besides, men go enter Onitsha go buy fabricated machine for less than 100k to process zobo and kunu...
Forget local rappers...there are levels to this, man!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 10:05am On Aug 21, 2020
martineverest:
noodles is worse o... everything about noodles is poison..the seasoning is worse

I cook noodles without the seasoning..just add small groundnut oil with Cameroon pepper, one cube of Maggi, and pinch of salt, with dried fish and shredded scent leaves...

Try it, healthy for you!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by stormborn28(m): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2020
dairykidd:

Go fuckurself. If they can collect duty on cigarettes i don't see why this one is paining ur brain and all u sugar lovers tongue
empty skull... The number of those taking soft drinks is incomparable with those smoking cigarettes.. Even children take soft drinks.. You need your skull refilled with the right grey matter

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by winterfell007(m): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2020
CallMeDrino:
grin

Very good. Been trying to stop my addiction sef. The price increment go make me stop by force
Even me too.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Solidkay(m): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2020
CallMeDrino:
grin

Very good. Been trying to stop my addiction sef. The price increment go make me stop by force
Lol ��� ødè

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Baycard55(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2020
personal59:
lolll..,

this is superstoty a life of strive and surrow,
where the fishes drown and even die of thirst

we are in for it
Deep
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by SirMichael1: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2020
Time to go back to my combo of kunun aya, coconut and date fruit. I no dey take alcohol before self and coco sugar cola no dey move me, only barleys. Make this government just dey make life hard for we citizens, e go reach soon reach our neck.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by martineverest(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2020
sircatherine45:

I cook noodles without the seasoning..just add small groundnut oil with Cameroon pepper, one cube of Maggi, and pinch of salt, with dried fish and shredded scent leaves...

Try it, healthy for you!
the Maggi u added is same as the seasoning in indomie..they both contain MSG.

the highly processed noodles contains flour and chemicals that causes diabetes,heart diseases etc

2 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 21, 2020
Less diabetes and heart diseases for the populace. God works in mysterious ways.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Slynation(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2020
How this regime always find a way to focus on frivolities instead of pressing needs baffles me alot....Of all the problems Nigeria is facing, looking for ways to tax soft drink companies is on someone's top priority
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by precious1967(m): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2020
they should not forget to add the air with are breathing in. dead people
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by kalvoken(m): 10:15am On Aug 21, 2020
sircatherine45:

Really? Share me contacts of farmers na...I'm serious...

I don't know how sure the dude was, he is from benue though. I guess he should be very sure.

I only know a place at alausa bus stop going to ojoto. You need to see the quantity of this zobo leave as they are parked in warehouse. Wether they export it I can't tell. I only saw it wheniwent to purchase some material at the next warehouse.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by phr0nesis(m): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2020
lilyheaven:

You are not going anywhere.
You can’t come and run away
Lol
Oga I won't perish here with you o
I'm leaving this country even na Sudan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Make Party Style Fried Rice / Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer / See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.