Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,577 members, 7,823,509 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty (29703 Views)

MAN Kicks Against Excise On Soft Drinks / Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2020
If wishes where roses, I wish buhari should go for term third term, I want every actors of this present administration , directly or indirectly supported this clueless tyrant to confess that Jesus is Lord after another years of suffering under apc administration
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by emsheddy(m): 10:24am On Aug 21, 2020
Una dey really mad. After we pay outrageous taxes to you, the company pays tax you. Una wan still tax the product so that when e hard the company to pay, them go pay us off. Thunder fire Una excellently!!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2020
Zobo will take over i kuku like zobo
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by kevoh(m): 10:28am On Aug 21, 2020
sircatherine45:

How is it unhygienic?
It is. Unless, you are preparing the drink yourself, you can not confirm with certainty the level of hygiene during the preparation.

You are talking of people that can even afford 100k to buy fabricated machine. I am talking of the woman with no funds who sends her kids to pick up bottles on the ground and waste bins, that they will just simply wash and start selling kunu and zobo to you and people still rush them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Enemyofpeace: 10:29am On Aug 21, 2020
I just dey pity ajepako mynd44 funjosh vickyrotex and fatymore that cannot do without Coca-Cola and sprite. Una pocket go hear am. Thank God the thing no affect my own drinks

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Amos1423(m): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2020
What would the money collected be used for? All these taxation for what exactly? What difference would it make?

Instead to provide a level playing ground for entrepreneurs they're busy making it difficult.

How would one be motivated to duldge into business in Nigerian soil seeing that the Government makes every effort to suppress business running in it's soil.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by do4luv14(m): 10:38am On Aug 21, 2020
I hope NLC are watching, its time to protest and demand increasement of Minimum wages to 100k, for all worker a month,

cause with the way those people are increasing tax left, Right, and Center, 30k is like 5k now ooo

ijustdey:

This government is not for the people but for some vested interest

Why increase the financial burden just because you want more money to be looted
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by mankan2k7(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2020
A government that plan daily on how to punish it's citizens per day
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by PROPHETmichael: 10:40am On Aug 21, 2020
CallMeDrino:
grin

Very good. Been trying to stop my addiction sef. The price increment go make me stop by force

Verily verily I say unto you, it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for you to stop drinking coke.

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by smogup: 10:41am On Aug 21, 2020
bbbabes:
Thank God I've Just gone fruity
just hold on, they will soon come for your fruits. This buhari calamitous government will get to everyone including the zombies on this platform.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by bigtt76(f): 10:43am On Aug 21, 2020
I hope they also understand that not all carbonated drinks are sugary or that all high sugar content drinks are injurious to the body ...they need to get their facts straight. All these people that still go about on the notion that sugar causes diabetes or other illness ...they need to be properly schooled.

CHIOMAEZEH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiM3CzVjRh8

SOURCE: https://www.thecable.ng/soft-drinks-to-cost-more-as-customs-proposes-excise-duty

3 Likes

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Comedian2019: 10:45am On Aug 21, 2020
APC! More burdens coming. grin grin grin
Bubu till 2033
Zombies must receive sense by force.

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by personal59: 10:48am On Aug 21, 2020
Baycard55:

Deep
my brother the story full mouth o gbenu tan

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by nickxtra(m): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2020
Very soon Nigeria will start collecting tax and levies for intimacy between husband and wife
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by bizhop01: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2020
This will affect me because i don't drink alcohol
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by meobizy(f): 11:04am On Aug 21, 2020
If they sell Coca Cola for 1,000 NGN per 60CL, I will buy regardless. The commodity is a necessity in my life. Na them know, they should make it 20K per bottle, sef. The more expensive it is, the more of a status symbol it will become.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Zetty177x: 11:06am On Aug 21, 2020
#Buhariresign#....let's do d Marlian way
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Zetty177x: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2020
bigtt76:
I hope they also understand that not all carbonated drinks are sugary or that all high sugar content drinks are injurious to the body ...they need to get their facts straight. All these people that still go about on the notion that sugar causes diabetes or other illness ...they need to be properly schooled.

Honestly, they need to be properly educated. Sugar doesn't cause diabetes
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by ganiyu26(m): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2020
This Government is clueless i swear... Collecting such money will only force some drinks industry, who are still struggling, to fold up, which means loss of jobs
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by fortune1968: 11:25am On Aug 21, 2020
That the money will be looted in the end is my headache .
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by joewy02: 11:29am On Aug 21, 2020
This government is just so unserious, leaving very important things for irrelevant things. Its so bad we dont have a clear cut piority in these country, what a pity
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Farki: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2020
martineverest:
that's why yellow garri is better than while garri cos the oil neutralises the cyanide..

hope u know that most of the supplements u buy are Ayurvedic medication?

I don't buy supplements because I know most of them are pseudoscience and scams. Proper supplements with proper information on them is what we recommend not whatever someone conjured up in their back yard.

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Farki: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2020
sircatherine45:

Then agbo must be a healthy poison then...

Healthy only to the ignorant.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by toprealman: 11:59am On Aug 21, 2020
AGUBANZE:
Zobo go come sure pass now .
Unless the one prepared in my house.....no thanks!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by martineverest(m): 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
Farki:

I don't buy supplements because I know most of them are pseudoscience and scams. Proper supplements with proper information on them is what we recommend not whatever someone conjured up in their back yard.
u mean wellman,wellwoman,tianshi ,nutrilife etc backyard supplements makers?

it seems u don't know what nutritional supplements means

those supplements u buy from 10k to 50k are Ayurvedic medication.... Ayurvedic here means they are sourced from fruits, vegetables,herbs spices etc.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by CallMeDrino: 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2020
PROPHETmichael:

Verily verily I say unto you, it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for you to stop drinking coke.

embarassed embarassed cry
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Oizee(f): 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2020
dairykidd:

Alcohol, water, smoothies, fruit juices
you are right, we must always find a way

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by lilyheaven: 12:20pm On Aug 21, 2020
grin grin
phr0nesis:

Lol
Oga I won't perish here with you o
I'm leaving this country even na Sudan
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by HISWAYS(m): 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2020
It means a lot of people will be out of Job and families will suffer...Imagine a company like that decides to reduce work force due to such draconian decision!!
God help my Country.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2020
The government has been raping its citizens since 1960... and the citizens are quiet.. enduring the pain... it seems the act has not killed the citizens... undecided may when it happens una go get sense by FORCE...
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by AGUBANZE(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2020
toprealman:

Unless the one prepared in my house.....no thanks!

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Make Party Style Fried Rice / Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer / See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.