Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty (29702 Views)

MAN Kicks Against Excise On Soft Drinks / Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by AGUBANZE(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
kalvoken:

This is a full time good news to people wey sabi for Benue state. I heard they plant zobo wella

It's time we look within ,enough of this corn syrup artificial sweeteners in most famous soda brands.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by AGUBANZE(m): 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2020
collum:

even the zobo have more nutrition value than most popular carbonated soft drink

You're right ,most of the soda is pure artificial corn syrup sweetener .

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Farki: 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2020
martineverest:
u mean wellman,wellwoman,tianshi ,nutrilife etc backyard supplements makers?

it seems u don't know what nutritional supplements means

those supplements u buy from 10k to 50k are Ayurvedic medication.... Ayurvedic here means they are sourced from fruits, vegetables,herbs spices etc.

Wellman does not claim to be Ayurvedic, Tianshi is a scam company and Nutrilife is an actual legitimate product.

Ayurvedic is an Indian system of supposed healing that combines Hindu mysticism, primitive diagnostic and treatment techniques and consumption of herbs which may or may not be helpful. Something being derived from a plant does not make it Ayruvedic, a lot of pharmaceuticals come from plants the difference is that they actually test them,are aware of the side effects and won't make ridiculous claims about the efficacy of their drugs.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Fender77: 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2020
bigtt76:
How much does this cost?

Whatsapp me sir
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Lucheeana: 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2020
Receive at least 10k alert every Friday for posting advert just 1800 for reg form chat up 0808 422 68 95
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Thomthom(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2020
Aflix:
Economy-0 Power-0 Security- -10 Infrastructure-0 Completion of railway started by previous govt-50 Inflation-100
Wetin we de enjoy for this government self
security 10 hahahahaha
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by jamesbridget13(f): 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Wetin concern me. We learn d hard way na. My zobo always handy in my freezer
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Clinghton: 2:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kunu all the way.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Aflix(m): 2:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
Thomthom:
security 10 hahahahaha
Lol.....na -10 I type oooo
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Athemisia: 2:58pm On Aug 21, 2020
martineverest:
yeah... but both are killing people unknowingly.... most governments can't ban them cos of the economic importance
They only kill when you abuse them... in moderation it's ok
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Abyima(m): 3:16pm On Aug 21, 2020
At least this one go boost local businesses. Buy your cold Zobo and Kunu here.........

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by themanderon: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2020
Esseite:
Government should think outside the box, rather than think inside the box..

The truth is they are not even thinking at all. The docility of Nigerians is further emboldening these devils to tighten the noose further on the cringing necks of the citizens.
Truly we are facing judgement because some dolts decided to choose the path of darkness instead of light.
I truly fear for this country with the way these guys are going.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Cousin9999: 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2020
Africans don't need to be consuming that garbage anyway. And this will improve local business.

When they raise prices, rent equipment and start making healthy soft drinks. Start juice bars and make all kinds of healthy concoctions. Start growing sugarcane and planting fruit trees and bushes.

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by jojothaiv(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
Kunu, Zobo and Fura to the world..

Arewa, we rise.
grin grin
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by earnit3: 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2020
really
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by tonquendo4u(m): 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
As far as e no affect beer, no problem.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by mkoabiola: 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2020
By the time this useless administration handover to another govt in power.

Nigerians will b shock with d level of corruption with this tyrannical govt in power.

PDP de learn work near this apc in corruption index
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 8:07pm On Aug 21, 2020
martineverest:
the Maggi u added is same as the seasoning in indomie..they both contain MSG.

the highly processed noodles contains flour and chemicals that causes diabetes,heart diseases etc

Oga doctor, thanks!
That's my own poison... I'm contented with it
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Chucks234: 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:
Good, let's start producing locally

All those mangoes, oranges, tomatoes etc we waste can become a local bottling industry

The drinks are produced locally. I wont be suprised if the major players are pushing for excise so as to increase price and kill local competition.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2020
kalvoken:

I don't know how sure the dude was, he is from benue though. I guess he should be very sure.

I only know a place at alausa bus stop going to ojoto. You need to see the quantity of this zobo leave as they are parked in warehouse. Wether they export it I can't tell. I only saw it wheniwent to purchase some material at the next warehouse.

Ok, actually i don't stay in Lagos, but I'll add you here, and remind you if you are on.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2020
kalvoken:

I don't know how sure the dude was, he is from benue though. I guess he should be very sure.

I only know a place at alausa bus stop going to ojoto. You need to see the quantity of this zobo leave as they are parked in warehouse. Wether they export it I can't tell. I only saw it wheniwent to purchase some material at the next warehouse.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by sircatherine45(m): 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2020
kevoh:

It is. Unless, you are preparing the drink yourself, you can not confirm with certainty the level of hygiene during the preparation.

You are talking of people that can even afford 100k to buy fabricated machine. I am talking of the woman with no funds who sends her kids to pick up bottles on the ground and waste bins, that they will just simply wash and start selling kunu and zobo to you and people still rush them.

Something worth doing is worth doing well.
If the woman on the roadside doesn't have 100k to buy the equipments, she should stick to her pick-and-rinse methods.
Who get money pass no be my problem. Improvisation is the mother of methods!
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by dozzybreezy(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2020
Na only them go dey drink am
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 21, 2020
the soft drinks in itself is not even healthy
whats the essence of buying an expensive soft drink and guzzling down diabetes into ur body system
if na so sweet drink hungry u reach why not just prepare an orange juice or guava juice in ur home'
at least that one is better than drinking coke and fanta
or u just peel and suck an orange
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
CallMeDrino:
grin

Very good. Been trying to stop my addiction sef. The price increment go make me stop by force
gbam! its even the right step in the right direction
if they can make commodities like cigarette,alcohol, and soft drinks expensive that will safe a lot of nigerian"s health
if u need to drink something u could easily prepare an orange juice or grape juice in the comfort of ur home

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2020
dozzybreezy:
Na only them go dey drink am
and dey carry d disease wey follow those drinks follow body

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 21, 2020
Yankee101:
Good, let's start producing locally

All those mangoes, oranges, tomatoes etc we waste can become a local bottling industry
God bless u

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 21, 2020
Toyade888:
Really,

So no more cold pepsi to quench your thirst after hustling under the Nigerian hot sun again.

That feeling though...

It's good news, it'll reduce the rate at which we get diabetes complications in the country.
brotherly when u thirsty drink water not soft drink biko.It only makes u more dihydrated hence pushes u to drink more.Its only when u satisfied drinking ur water then u can take ur soft drink afterwards.its not advisable taking soft drink when thirsty.U only take it when u not feeling too thirsty.

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2020
freshinko:
Time to reduce the little quality we think exists in our so called soft drinks.
zero quality in ur soft drink
its just packed with sugar,chemicals and empty calorie
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 21, 2020
AGUBANZE:
Zobo go come sure pass now .
the zobo u guys bash and make fun of is even by far more nutritious than your average coke and fanta grin grin
Its just that hausa that prepares it do it in unhygenic process.But if u have the zobo flower u can easily prepare it at home

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Make Party Style Fried Rice / Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer / See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.