Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty (29701 Views)

MAN Kicks Against Excise On Soft Drinks / Please Suggest A Healthy Alternative To Soft Drinks. / Coca-cola Halts Production As Co2 Shortage Affects Soft Drinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2020
dairykidd:

Same here...Its the best way to go smiley
passion fruit,guava juice..the best grin

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2020
espionagesavvy:

Diabetes is not caused by sugar but genetics and life style. Secondly there are those who really need these carbo drinks as it is a cheap way for them to get adequate calories for the kind of job they do.
dont misinform
diabetes can be also be caused by excess consumption of sugar
nothing wrong if u take soft drink but wen u taking up to seven bottles a day thats when u know yu should slow down
there was a friend of my mom who never had diabetes but the day she started consuming five alive and the others on excess thats when her problem started.Again true u wont get diabetes if u take it moderately but then your body would benefit for if u switched to taken fruits.Soft drinks contain no nutrients but fruits apart from being sweet and providing ur body with norishment u also get fibers and vitamin c from them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Enemyofpeace: 12:08am On Aug 22, 2020
Aflix:
Economy-0
Power-0
Security- -10
Infrastructure-0
Completion of railway started by previous govt-50
Inflation-100

Wetin we de enjoy for this government self
we dey enjoy pains, severe pains
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by saintdevo(m): 7:02am On Aug 22, 2020
Let it cost now, who is even drinking sodas and chemicals again in this generation of diabetes, something you can live without
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 22, 2020
dairykidd:
Alcohol, water, smoothies, fruit juices

Boss gud morning..

Abeg I need information..

Where can I get that stuff?
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 22, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Boss gud morning..

Abeg I need information..

Where can I get that stuff?

You know its foolishness to disclose such info to a stranger on such a forum filled with spies. Wetin u want from me
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 22, 2020
lefulefu:
thats where carribeans have an edge over us.they dont joke with their fruits but in africa where we have lots of fruits instead of us to harness it we will be consuming coke and fanta on a regular basis.Its the root of the causes why some guys have erectile dysfunction and be complaining of having 1 minute episode with a woman.why wont u be a 1 minute man wen everyday na sugar u dey pack inside ur system cheesy
I taya..na so one of them 2 seconds brother dey attack me yesterday because of coke n fanta on tjis thread.. I just weak sha for them grin
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2020
dairykidd:

You know its foolishness to disclose such info to a stranger on such a forum filled with spies. Wetin u want from me

I know... Dt is y I pm u..

I' did this to get ur attention...

Make we talk for email
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2020
lefulefu:
dont misinform
nothing wrong if u take soft drink but wen u taking up to seven bottles a day thats when u know yu should slow down
there was a friend of my mom who never had diabetes but the day she started consuming five alive and the others on excess thats when her problem started.Again true u wont get diabetes if u take it moderately but then your body would benefit for if u switched to taken fruits.Soft drinks contain no nutrients but fruits apart from being sweet and providing ur body with norishment u also get fibers and vitamin c from them

Simple Google search

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/enjoy-food/eating-with-diabetes/diabetes-food-myths/myth-sugar-causes-diabetes%3famp
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 22, 2020
sircatherine45:

Sugar also contributes too...to an average amount

Sugar does not lead to diabetes although excessive intake of sugar is not healthy. If sugar causes diabetes then a lot of children ought have diabetes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/enjoy-food/eating-with-diabetes/diabetes-food-myths/myth-sugar-causes-diabetes%3famp
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 22, 2020
lefulefu:
dont misinform

Fruits also contain sugar which is not different from normal sugar, sugar is sugar whether from fruits or cube. What causes diabetes is genetics or a non health/sedentary lifestyle which might cause obesity
Diabetes have not been directly linked to intake of excessive sugar
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
espionagesavvy:

Fruits also contain sugar which is not different from normal sugar, sugar is sugar whether from fruits or cube. What causes diabetes is genetics or a non health/sedentary lifestyle which might cause obesity
Diabetes have not been directly linked to intake of excessive sugar
thats why u consume ur fruits whole.I do make my fruits into juice sometimes but most times i prefer eating them whole cos it norishes ur body wen u do dat.Besides if u avoid fruits u making ur body detrimental of essentials unlike if u avoid soft drinks or control d way u drink it.Eating a fruit whole is much better than making it into juic because fruits also contain fibers and vitamin c which ur coke and fanta lacks.Soft drinks are just empty calories and when consumed excessively u put on excess weight.That govt even added tax to soft drinks is even a blessing in disguise cos lots of nigerians and especially the young ones are affilicted with type 2 diabetes.Some married men complain of find it hard to get their thing up
why?
cos of too much consumption of five alive,coke,fanta.imagine somone consuming 2 bottles of orobo pepsi at a sitting..such a person is killing himself
PS
I havent heard someone putting on weight cos he or eats apples,oranges and guavas cheesy
have u? cheesy
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2020
dairykidd:

I taya..na so one of them 2 seconds brother dey attack me yesterday because of coke n fanta on tjis thread.. I just weak sha for them grin
there govt for here dey even pressurise the ppl to reduce the way they consume soft drinks and encourage them to take fruits more especially wen the weather is hot.many of them have passion fruits,zobo flowers they call sorreal and guava and mangoes they make into juice.the govt dey serious about it cos even some of their small dey suffer from obesity.u can get coke and fanta here though but na d small size plastic bottle dem go sell give. cheesy.to see that orobo bottle wey we dey get for naija dey hard.Even the passion fruit juice is more delicious than the coke and fanta cheesy.look at all these young guys wey dey complain say their thin no dey gree stand again or e dey hard dem to make their thing erect.search well its either dem too much dey take soft drinks or na too much beer be the culprit cheesy.nothing wrong if u take soft drink but moderation is the key.someone comsumng six bottles of coke in a day cos the weather is hot is just too much.as u take in more na so d tin dey dehydrate u.when u thirsty drink water and u can take fruits afterwards to refresh ur body.excess sugar apart from 2 diabetes attackes the collagen of the skin making ur skin less flexible and hence the appearance of premature wrinkles and by the way its not even advisable for a man to dey pack too much sugar for body.dats why some young guys no dey fit get their thing up and babe go dey laugh dem dey call dem 2 seconds men.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
espionagesavvy:

Simple Google search

but the link didnt say u can take ur sugar anyhow u like and u will be ok.it said wen u consuming excess sugar and u notice u adding weight then u have the risk of having type 2 diabetes.the number of nigerian men complaining of type 2 diabetes or those ones complaining of erectile dysfunction u think its genetic? cheesy
Beer and soft drinks play a big role.Everything comes to moderation.we nigerians we consume soft drinks and beer too much.Someone will consume 2 orobo pepsi bottle at sitting with two roles of sharwama and yrs later he will be complaining of finding it hard to get erect or diabetes.who is at fault? cheesy
When u get thirsty nothing better than drinking water and then taking fruits
i have this friend who doesnt drink water.the only he drinks when he is thirsty is beer.He is in ghana now hustling.guy is 28 but if u see him he looks 65.i dont know if its stress but i am suspecting its the alcohol he ingest in his system.U cant look the same when u avoid water and the only liquid u take is beer or soft drink.excess sugar prematurely ages the skin as well.u look better wen u take water and fruits.if the govt taxes alcohol and soft drinks so be it..let them guzzle it all to themselves.nigerians could harness fruits like pineapple,guava,oranges and make them into juices instead of ingesting carbonated drinks on a daily basis.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
lefulefu:
there govt for here dey even pressurise the ppl to reduce the way they consume soft drinks and encourage them to take fruits more especially wen the weather is hot.many of them have passion fruits,zobo flowers they call sorreal and guava and mangoes they make into juice.the govt dey serious about it cos even some of their small dey suffer from obesity.u can get coke and fanta here though but na d small size plastic bottle dem go sell give. cheesy.to see that orobo bottle wey we dey get for naija dey hard.Even the passion fruit juice is more delicious than the coke and fanta cheesy.look at all these young guys wey dey complain say their thin no dey gree stand again or e dey hard dem to make their thing erect.search well its either dem too much dey take soft drinks or na too much beer be the culprit cheesy.nothing wrong if u take soft drink but moderation is the key.someone comsumng six bottles of coke in a day cos the weather is hot is just too much.as u take in more na so d tin dey dehydrate u.when u thirsty drink water and u can take fruits afterwards to refresh ur body.excess sugar apart from 2 diabetes attackes the collagen of the skin making ur skin less flexible and hence the appearance of premature wrinkles and by the way its not even advisable for a man to dey pack too much sugar for body.dats why some young guys no dey fit get their thing up and babe go dey laugh dem dey call dem 2 seconds men.
Exactly.. but as dem no dey gree hear word. We go dey help their babes with strong black pole na as dem no want learn grin

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 22, 2020
dairykidd:

Exactly.. but as dem no dey gree hear word. We go dey help their babes with strong black pole na as dem no want learn grin
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Redman44(m): 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2020
You cannot grow without Pains. This is what is happening in Nigeria at the moment. We are just in our 20th year of proper democracy. Take it or leave it, Nigeria's growth in 20 years is not that bad. Be honest with yourself. Cheers.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 23, 2020
Pimpmaride:

I know... Dt is y I pm u..

I' did this to get ur attention...

Make we talk for email

Reply my email
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by CodeTemplar: 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2020
SirMichael1:
Time to go back to my combo of kunun aya, coconut and date fruit. I no dey take alcohol before self and coco sugar cola no dey move me, only barleys. Make this government just dey make life hard for we citizens, e go reach soon reach our neck.
If soft drinks cost more it will make more people to patronize local alternatives, which in my opinion are generally better and richer in nutrients. It can even create more jobs.
Re: Soft Drinks To Cost More As Customs Proposes Excise Duty by elrufaihq: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
sircatherine45:

I concur
But leave noodles outta it...
'dead thread '
Here

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Make Party Style Fried Rice / Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer / See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.